• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
So I looked at the date today, and the date these were updated, and thought this was updated two days ago.

America is confusing.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
yeah I was thinking about counting steve's tourney last weekend, but no one ended up going lol.

it seems like we have solid attendance going for ReSe on the 23rd, so maybe after that would be better?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
guhhh i wasn't planning on going to that either, but i guess i might.

bryan seems hyped about going. i've just stopped caring until the fall. that's when things that matter begin.

it's things that don't matter because my placement on this PR is just plain irrelevant. people know how good/bad i am. i plan to get better after the fall, so this summer update just...doesn't matter to me.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
PRs are reflections of skill. If you don't show up you can't have your skill reflected in PRs. If you don't care then you wouldn't say so.

You care, you should attend things, my Ganon will wreck you in the fall.

also my roy

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
*shrug* i'll just get PR'd in the fall once i get money again. i'll have my skill reflected when i care about being at events. i'm just more likely to go to things that aren't in this state (like zenith, TO8, FC) than things like rese right now.

and yeah, you'll body me in the fall, and that's kind of the plan. i'm biding my time going to regionals until then. locals are not currently relevant to my interests, and if that's what it takes to be PR'd, then i guess i'll just be "inactive" and go to regionals.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i mean, that's pretty much half of what being in this community is. half losing money, half hanging out with you guys. if i cared about not losing money i'd...just quit. or at least not enter.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
well, i think i might could place at some locals in the fall, but we'll see about that when we get there. i feel like if gboro runs together like we should (me, you, sneak, mike) i won't have a lot of chances to see money, but it really doesn't matter at this stage. I enjoy competing, and i enjoy hanging out with you guys. As much as id like to be top 3 consistently, it doesn't bother me to hang out around 5th/7th either.

I'm cool :cool:

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Winning's dumb. People shouldn't care about it.

The only important thing is getting better.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, and old chris was even worse at the game than current chris. funny how these things work.

when i start wrecking everything leading up to apex 2013, it'll all make sense. my current nonchalance will be replaced by a drive more fierce than you've ever seen.

my give a **** emotion is just hibernating for now.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
natural time progression and experience can account for that, not attitude. there are multiple explanations, which is probably funnier I'd say.

lucas: yes

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
talking to kevin about things casually already has me considering options and levels of efficiency i've yet to delve into. and i don't even care right now. i figure once i actually want to know things and how to approach things in a deeper situational manner, our discussions and play will take me to a level i've yet to see from myself.

also kevin, discussions about my future with friends, family, and a certain Ashley person have me in something of a "realism" mode about my approach to being in the community. not to bring real life to the boards or whatever, but that's kind of that status of my mindset. i just thought it was okay for people to be notified as such.

anyway, i'ma just play more secondaries until we get to the G and then i can begin the ascension again...i hope.

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
i approve of your mindset chris

basically, priorities

one of the big reasons im coming back, if u will, is that this summer i have the time to do so

and oh man am i coming back

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, raphael appears to be progressing. who knows, i might end up passing the NC ganon baton to him.

we'll see.

and fiz, i was definitely impressed with the way you've been playing during this comeback. i can't thank you enough for that morning dose of salt sunday before zenith brackets. it forced me to get my **** together at least somewhat before going in.

$mike

Smash Ace
also kevin, discussions about my future with friends, family, and a certain Ashley person have me in something of a "realism" mode about my approach to being in the community. not to bring real life to the boards or whatever, but that's kind of that status of my mindset. i just thought it was okay for people to be notified as such.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Mike just doesn't want me to steal his spot on the PR. What you guys don't realize is, as soon as I develop the skills to sing like my avatar while I'm playing, my Ganondorf will be unstoppable.

EDIT: Although I have been playing a lot more LoL lately than Melee. Being a jungler, however, it'll probably help improve my punish game, which I know is one of Ganon's strong points. Although LoL is getting me in the habit of listening to K-On/Gundam/Basshunter/Music I like while playing, so I might be doing that from now on when I'm playing Melee.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
nvm never giving up my spot as NCs sort of current ganon.

maybe in 2014 raphael, me, jim, ACE, 59JS, and dama will all coexist magically and become like 2/3 of the PR. i think that'd be amazing.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i think that list of ganons all in their prime would create a very interesting crew indeed. especially considering how different all of our ganons are due to the different eras we played in. we'd be able to counterpick other people based on what kind of ganon we send out lmao.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
well, you haven't met a couple of the ganons in that list. i played dama once and he taught me that up B out of shield is hilariously viable at times. 59JS is just a tall, cool character who was probably not as flashy as i tend to be, but probably smoother than i was, and probably paid more attention to details.

this is all coming from meeting both of those guys once though lol.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
LMAO Dama too good.

Also, Mike won this page. So much. Man do I miss that guy.

Chris: What's good boy-o, hard to stay focused when nobody around you cares huh? Life stuff is more important Melee? Girlfriend is a priority? /knowthatfeel

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Oh, bryan cares. But yeah, during this summer there are plenty of things I'm looking to devote more funds and energy to than getting better at this game.

Falcons pretty fun tho

Top Bottom