• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

0Room

Smash Lord
It's okay guys
My **** is bigger

/flaming

I know it's part of NC smash talk but still
People play different from each other

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Yo, I didn't even say anything. I'm currently in the midst of project "SWF can only get to me if I let it, so I won't."

My Falco is beautiful and makes me proud
so **** what ya heard, the :083: es la palabra.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
lucas and kyle are dumb i'm goin to play animal crossing YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!! :flinstone:
NO YOU'RE DUMB!!!

seriously iunno where that come from though lol

Yo, I didn't even say anything. I'm currently in the midst of project "SWF can only get to me if I let it, so I won't."
*nod of approval*

I don't take this site seriously either
in a state where dj has been power ranked many times, this cannot be closer to the truth
:laugh:

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
i....... kinda agree with lucas.

and am shocked

that no one else did.

because

from what i see in vids and what kev has told me about the character,

falco seems really basic.

that does not mean he is not technical, or hard to play.

i guess it just means that what you see is what you get/

like d3 in brawl

he is the most un depth character i have ever seen

but still wins regionals :/

i would also relate Falco to being like wolverine in mv3

because like falco,

wolverine can do some cool and fancy ****,

but there is no point when ur bnb combos almost hit to death ur opponent :/

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
everything is complicated in a simple way in this game. so brilliant to think and feel.

this includes characters btw guys everyone has gay stuff it'll be aightttt

edit: LOL really keith

nice

if you're serious I'll have it out with you on aim

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Easiest character to use vs people who don't know how to fight Falco maybe. He's a completely different character once people know the match up aka how to avoid/beat laser strats and DI shines/Dairs correctly.

He's also the single easiest character in the game to kill or gimp with any character and he has a HUGE technical learning curve. This means that you are super prone to making small mistakes which lead to instant death, mistakes which Marth/Peach/Jiggs/Samus/Ganon/almost anyone else would take some percent but definitely not die for, with a character that is very prone to causing you to make little mistakes. You have to play SO smart to just not DIE anytime you approach someone with a good OOS game.

Lmao at all of the people saying Falco is easy to use and can't do most of his important advanced tech stuff.

Yes Alex, I'm talking about that flounder you call a Falco.
<3

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Easiest character to use vs people who don't know how to fight Falco maybe. He's a completely different character once people know the match up aka how to avoid/beat laser strats and DI shines/Dairs correctly.

He's also the single easiest character in the game to kill or gimp with any character and he has a HUGE technical learning curve. This means that you are super prone to making small mistakes which lead to instant death, mistakes which Marth/Peach/Jiggs/Samus/Ganon/almost anyone else would take some percent but definitely not die for, with a character that is very prone to causing you to make little mistakes. You have to play SO smart to just not DIE anytime you approach someone with a good OOS game.

Lmao at all of the people saying Falco is easy to use and can't do most of his important advanced tech stuff.

Yes Alex, I'm talking about that flounder you call a Falco.
<3
Single easiest character to kill or gimp maybe if you suck at mixing up your recovery. Falco has recovery options.

And as far as being tech-chased to death or whatever, he doesn't have a bad tech roll like CF does and he also has things like quick attacks out of techs to make punishing him slightly harder.

His physics work more to his benefit than they work to his disadvantage. IT's a double-edged sword, yes, but one edge is definitely sharper than the other. lol

I was going somewhere else with this too but I stopped caring and forgot.

Also, stongers has the most entertaining FAlco ever. So unbelievably goofy. I can hear it saying this everytime he hits/combos you and it makes me happy

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dang it, PLUR, I wasn't expecting the laughing shark at this time of day.

I lost.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Basically you guys just need to take a step back and breathe. Got that breath in your lungs? Okay grasp this concept.

Josh is a hater. There is nothing that will ever stop his hate.

Don't try to argue. Don't try to like, make anything logical out of the situation. Don't bring anything to the table. You WILL Lose the argument. Because no one in this community is "not wrong" the way Josh is "not wrong" he will super spacie counter logic circles around you. End of story. When he says something about the game in anger, just nod and remain silent. When he does something ****, congratulate him.

If he had it his way falco would be the only character in melée. Falcon and fox are perfectly acceptable in his mind (SOMETIMES) marth is a stretch. If you play anyone else, **** you play falco.

If he has to press sixteen buttons to do something to you, and you only have to press one to punish him. Then your a scrub. Scrubs.

Some people never learn

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Single easiest character to kill or gimp maybe if you suck at mixing up your recovery. Falco has recovery options.

Options which are fairly simple to cover if you know what to do and can react quickly. People super suck at this.

And as far as being tech-chased to death or whatever, he doesn't have a bad tech roll like CF does and he also has things like quick attacks out of techs to make punishing him slightly harder.

He dies much sooner out of those tech chase though. He gets to his legit dying/kill percent 30% earlier than almost every other character, including Jigglypuff. All top/high tiers have fast attacks out of techs, none of which should ever be coming out if you are doing your tech chasing correctly.

His physics work more to his benefit than they work to his disadvantage. IT's a double-edged sword, yes, but one edge is definitely sharper than the other. lol

Yes, they do work more to his benefit or he wouldn't be a top tier character. However, him being a glass cannon/double edged sword when you have a character like Fox with nearly all of strengths and almost none of his weaknesses is silly. With Fox existing, you should probably reconsider him for being the simplest to play (if you're disregarding tech skill stuff, which is completely ridiculous btw) especially when few people can even play him really, really well.

Also, stongers has the most entertaining FAlco ever. So unbelievably goofy. I can hear it saying this everytime he hits/combos you and it makes me happy

Lmao yes
Responses in bolddddddd

0Room

Smash Lord
I agree with Kevin, everyone has some dumb ****
As far as Falco being the easiest person to gimp, i dunno about that

There's a quote sticking out in my head right now:
"I mean, he goes up, then forward, then down. How the **** am I supposed to predict that?" ~The General on CF's recovery.

Falco and Falcon are similar in that respect, as in if they're offstage then they're dead.
But Falco actually has the [slightest] advantage in the fact that he has 4 options for recovery [Double Jump, upb, sideb, and airdodge] as opposed to CFs 3 [DJ, Up B, Airdodge]
So complain as much as you want, but that's how the game is played, and how you kind of have to accept your fate. As an ex-Falcon player, you should know that better than anyone.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Responses in bolddddddd
I always felt like Fox and falco's weaknesses were all pretty similiar. They both get chaingrabbed/comboed/edgeguarded the exact same. Fox is lighter than Falco so his marginally longer Firefox doesn't really help by too much. Yeah, Fox is faster but Falco has better direct control over the opponent so that kind of evens it out.

You say options are easy to cover but you're not always it the position to do so. Falco's don't die EVERYTIME they're knocked off the stage and edgeguarding a smart falco is alot more unpredictable than edgeguarding a marth, sheik, Falcon etc. Edgeguarding MArth/Sheik is really just a rote, mechanical process. Grab the ledge, wait for up-b, punish lag with a smash or something, rinse and repeat. Edgeguarding a spacey pretty much comes down to you predicting his Illusion ands stuffing it and then being in a good position to crush the Fire. All while having to worry about them doing weird things like shine stalling, shortening the illusion or taking some really weird angle with the Up-b and avoiding the edgeguard altogether.

forgot where I was going again

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
There's a quote sticking out in my head right now:
"I mean, he goes up, then forward, then down. How the **** am I supposed to predict that?" ~The General on CF's recovery.
gahhhhhh I miss steven.

I can't quit until after the summer because I have to see that guy as much as possible when he's here.

lord karn

Smash Master
Eh, I honestly think Falco is one of the easiest characters in the game to play. Probably harder than Jiggs/Sheik though. A week after I picked him up as a secondary I took both Mike and Twitch to last game in tournament. I guess my fox techskill carries over, but it just seems really easy to do relatively well with him.

At the highest level of play, though, it's not the character you're playing that makes this game hard, it's everything else.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Nah falco isn't really that easy vs people who know how to fight falco. Its way easier to fight most matchups with fox unless they don't know how to deal with lasers

lord karn

Smash Master
I guess what I'm saying is, is that at high level it's just as hard with every character. And until then Falco is among the easier characters.

lord karn

Smash Master
Like I said, sheik and jiggs are probably easier, but I disagree completely on the others. Peach definitely seems harder to play, but maybe that's just because I find it really hard to play her. Also, I definitely think fox is the hardest character in the game. Nobody is going to be perfect with cgs until higher level play, anyways.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
im pretty sure jiggz is one of the hardest characters to play at top lvl.....

because only bad people lose to jiggz

and at top lvl

no one is bad.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
jiggs is hard to play if u suck at spacing (which u all do) or zoning (which u all do) or creativity (which u all do)

falco is easy to play even with none of those talents

tldr: get good scrubs

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
How is peach in any way harder than falco anything under than high level. You barely have to lcancel so there is no tech skill barrier and you more than half the time you can take stocks with just dsmash lol. Mid level peach is no where near hard

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
How is peach in any way harder than falco anything under than high level. You barely have to lcancel so there is no tech skill barrier and you more than half the time you can take stocks with just dsmash lol. Mid level peach is no where near hard
Seriously. I've been trying not to comment about this but midlevel Peach is a joke, especially vs Falco. If they can't space well and DI (they can't, hence midlevel) it's free Dsmashes, mash Nair out of combos, and Dash attacks all day. Sooooo easy.

Falco gets ***** at midlevel pretty badly, unless they don't know how to deal with lasers. Fox however is super beast at mid level. Upthrow BnB, Nair spam and Usmash all day. I remember one tourney I just decided to play Fox instead of Falcon and beat Peter and went to last stock, last hit vs Ali's Falcon. lmao

Top Bottom