• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Uhhh if you beat me then definitely first loooool

or mango I guess too

hmmm, yeah if you beat top pros like that then you'd either be first or 2nd depending on how the rest of nc did if they went because that's a big deal

unless we started that attendance thing then we'd probably put you a couple spots down based on however that system worked out.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Beating you once shouldn't warrant 1st in NC, at all. There's no way I should be in front of you with one placing above you, after the 14524352345234523 times you've placed above me lol. I was just curious because the answer to that question says a lot about which placings mean how much and just "how good someone is" in the eyes of a panelist can effect the rankings.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
Yes.

If the weighting is done correctly then reward/consequence will be done fairly, including the situation you described. If you feel that you are so unable to assign these correctly, then why should one place their faith in your discretion to begin with? Your point is just taking the worst possible scenario of this system, not to mention it's dependent on human error.

this is like me suggesting free enterprise with this, or capitalism, and there's a bunch of marxists(the panel) in power doing what they feel is for the greater good(being that there are circumstances, like you mentioned, where the system can be abused). I'm just saying that in everything in life that involves competition in the whole world--the principle behind my idea has proven to be better.(putting it solely in the hands of the players and the results they get)

IT AIN'T HAPPENING THOUGH. I UNDERSTAND. I WILL STOP POSTING.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Beating you once shouldn't warrant 1st in NC, at all. There's no way I should be in front of you with one placing above you, after the 14524352345234523 times you've placed above me lol. I was just curious because the answer to that question says a lot about which placings mean how much and just "how good someone is" in the eyes of a panelist can effect the rankings.
At a major though? Eh this would depend on some circumstances anyway but I see what you're saying. The only way I'd really be able to tell you is if this scenario were to actually occur. I tend to miss my own ideas in theorycrafting sometimes haha.

Yes.

If the weighting is done correctly then reward/consequence will be done fairly, including the situation you described. If you feel that you are so unable to assign these correctly, then why should one place their faith in your discretion to begin with? Your point is just taking the worst possible scenario of this system, not to mention it's dependent on human error.

this is like me suggesting free enterprise with this, or capitalism, and there's a bunch of marxists(the panel) in power doing what they feel is for the greater good(being that there are circumstances, like you mentioned, where the system can be abused). I'm just saying that in everything in life that involves competition in the whole world--the principle behind my idea has proven to be better.(putting it solely in the hands of the players and the results they get)

IT AIN'T HAPPENING THOUGH. I UNDERSTAND. I WILL STOP POSTING.
I don't mind the discussion because ultimately if you can convince Karn about it then I'll discuss it with him and see what we end up with. We used to discuss this thing a lot in like 09 lol.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
there isn't a problem.

i just had to say something to quell the sickness i got from reading about how good josh thinks he's been to me.. it's not the kind of "good" i value, i guess, especially since there's so much unspoken negativity on my end, but that's in the past..... seeing that post just reminded me of the past, and i couldn't really keep it in any longer.

and maybe you're right darksyde... when i'm caught up in the adult world where money = morality, i'll start to devalue higher levels of human interaction in exchange for the importance of green ****ing paper. it'll probably goddamn happen.

and yeah man, thanks a lot for that $60 bday present, i'm serious, i really appreciated it. it sucked to be robbed $80 that weekend. i was going to pay you back, but you decided to turn it into a gift instead of a loan. maybe i shouldn't have listened and just payed you back since you're reminding me of it now.

let me know if you ever need me to throw you any bones, but i assure you, i don't need to share anything about myself or really even WANT to anymore. and that's just the way it is now.... i guess the kind of people i like to get close to are the ones that are just naturally inquisitive about stuff, not the ones i have to remind to be curious.....

<333333333333333333 my nanney
my input on this matter is only that 'i was so good to you' was probably the wrong way to put it, as he was kinda making himself seem like your sugar daddy or something. otherwise, you two can have it out, i suppose. *goes back to read the past 2 pages he missed*

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
i don't really give a **** anymore.... but apparently i owe that guy if we hang out.... so i guess i'll just chill with that

vZakat

Half Genie
All this drama before we even get an update? I'm scared to see what happens when it does get posted. This kind of random drama makes me want to quit. I usually skip over most of what's happening in NC threads. It's just to annoying to read.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ugh

alright, so does anyone want to work on the PR picture? I've been trying for 4 hours and can't get in touch with Smith after he delayed me for the past 2 days.....

If you all'd rather wait for him then I'll just post the list and he can do the picture later.

Thoughts????

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
WHAT THE **** ALI IS AHEAD OF ME AJAWOIEGJQ3O4GJ20349GJ0QJG AO AIOEWJG Q034GJ THIS IS ****ING BULL**** I SWEAR TO GOD KARN. KARN. I SWEAR TO ****ING GOD YOU SON OF A ***** KARN I ****ING HATE U.

that is all.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
lol i dun even know why im ranked i didn't do **** that tournament

no offense to THO

stop getting down aired

Top Bottom