• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Laijin I bet you could have made bracket. I been watching you lately and your getting pretty good(watched your apex match vs macd). Seen a couple of result thread's and heard you and vist did good vs m2k and armada. Good stuff keep it up bro.

On that note since im randomly in here sorry about that whole ceo post a while back. completly uncalled for and bad sportsmanship on my part.

Dop son as if you needed anymore ****ing luigi practice! Remember your matches vs blea man! You will get them next time 4 sho though big guy. Or as you north carolina people will say it "stack it up dop!"

grats on your win kevin!

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
I played KK, Rayku, Amsah (in a row) and then later MM'd Tope (3 close 1 stocks :[) and M2K's 5 am Sheik this weekend.

Looking forward to sitting Theo's Sheik down now. ;]

For real though, Amsah showed me some stuff about the match up and while it's not bad, he made it feel super hard. That guy is tooooo good. Aerial needle -> walljump fair is ****.

EDIT: Also, I did one death combo on Armada our very first friendly and he was like "holy ****". He then casually returned and 3 stocked me. Wtffff Uair is ****.

0Room

Smash Lord
@Dark- I was going through a lot of **** then x.x
@Snap- Fox/Marth, just like Brawl
@000000-I'm solid in Brawl, Meeeeele is where I suck. I dont have enough tech skill or knowledge of tech chases, etc.
Uh
Fox is not a great character to start with if you you don't really know that much tech skill.
On the other hand Marth is a great character to start with!
Not saying you should drop Fox or anything, but until you can start WDing out of shine consistently, you're gonna get *****.
Even after that, you're probably still gonna get *****.

It's a sad thing about Fox.
Why don't you PM me some kind of contact info and I can help you. I recommend asking everyone you can though, a lot of people are really nice about that kind of stuff. Some people are really excited about sharing. Kage in particular would help you if you have any questions relating to Ganon.

EDIT: Also, I did one death combo on Armada our very first friendly and he was like "holy ****". He then casually returned and 3 stocked me. Wtffff Uair is ****.
Good stuff
And yes it is, don't you dare underestimate any of Peach's moves.
That's a great way to die.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Fox is the best possible character to start with in melee

1.) hes the best in the game
2. He has so many **** matchups
3.) once you can do AT's with fox you can do them with anyone.
4. Shine
5. Upsmash
6.Shine upsmash.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Fox is the best possible character to start with in melee

1.) hes the best in the game
2. He has so many **** matchups
3.) once you can do AT's with fox you can do them with anyone.
4. Shine
5. Upsmash
6.Shine upsmash.
More like...

Fox has incredible jump speed, incredible fall speed, ridiculous priority, and unbelievable recovery (Firefox too good).

Shine is insane because it's the best kill move in the game AND it's almost just as good as a movement tool.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
More like...

Fox has incredible jump speed, incredible fall speed, ridiculous priority, and unbelievable recovery (Firefox too good).

Shine is insane because it's the best kill move in the game AND it's almost just as good as a movement tool.
yeah that was number seven but i had to wrap it up so i could take a ****.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yo laijin, sorry to try to keep you in this thread lol, but how good was ministry? you think he woulda got lit up by my ganon?

i would've handled silentswag, although it wouldve been sort of close. i had been playing him a lot on sunday, and winning a large percentage of the matches, albeit close ones. so unless ministry was mad good, it would've been me and you.

marth is the easiest character to play if you're simply smart. fox is the best character to play if you're smart AND capable of pushing buttons.

edit: actually, sheik might be the best "simply smart" character. hence why karn's return to sheik makes some good sense.

0Room

Smash Lord
Btw, how do you change your name on here?
I believe you have to be a premium member, but if so, where do I go for that?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
LULZ i just remembered when i was truedarkness.

it should be somewhere in the userCP

fox is still a pretty good character even without AT's. watch cactuar lol.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
chris please trust me

truedarkness = gay

The Darkness

THE

wwwayyyyyyyyyyyyyy cooler/more original

bape

Laijin

Smash Hero
yo laijin, sorry to try to keep you in this thread lol, but how good was ministry? you think he woulda got lit up by my ganon?

i would've handled silentswag, although it wouldve been sort of close. i had been playing him a lot on sunday, and winning a large percentage of the matches, albeit close ones. so unless ministry was mad good, it would've been me and you.

marth is the easiest character to play if you're simply smart. fox is the best character to play if you're smart AND capable of pushing buttons.

edit: actually, sheik might be the best "simply smart" character. hence why karn's return to sheik makes some good sense.
Ministry put a challenge. Definitely better than most of the people in the bracket. It would have been a tough match for you. Chivalruse and Project would have put up challenges for you as well

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
lulz stingers. you right.

i guess i'm just mad cause:

moo
snap
sneak
ewb
theo
josh
foxy
pp
lozr

all made it out of their pools. seeing everyone else make it out and then looking at my death pools just pisses me off a little. foxy kept forgetting all of saturday that i didn't make it out. **** was ridiculous.

edit: i took care of chivalruse fairly easily. IC vs ganon is a pretty weird matchup. then he went marth, and that was a pretty clean match for me too. the dude was pretty smart though. project's falcon wouldve been interesting to deal with...

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
lol ok josh

im gonna wreck u again

and then u will question if u even learned anything over the weekend at all

and then im just gonna

V(~o~)=3 on dat arse

sup bayb

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
how many of you guys made it to bracket besides pp and lozr?

@ black chris.

There is no such thing as deathpools. if u cant beat everyone, u dont deserve to win.

words from ya boy kage himself.

Foxy

Smash Master
lulz stingers. you right.

i guess i'm just mad cause:

moo
snap
sneak
ewb
theo
josh
foxy
pp
lozr

all made it out of their pools. seeing everyone else make it out and then looking at my death pools just pisses me off a little. foxy kept forgetting all of saturday that i didn't make it out. **** was ridiculous.

edit: i took care of chivalruse fairly easily. IC vs ganon is a pretty weird matchup. then he went marth, and that was a pretty clean match for me too. the dude was pretty smart though. project's falcon wouldve been interesting to deal with...
I actually think we should get a list of all our NC players who entered (for either game, but this is the Melee thread); I personally want to see how we did and it's a good record to keep before we all forget what our pool records were.

IMO we should try to collect just who entered what, which round they were eliminated in, what place they got in each pool out of the total (eg 1/6, 4/5), and hopefully their actual record (eg 5W-4L, 8W-1L)

I'll add myself and what I know

MELEE

Dr. Peepee: R1 (?) R2 (?) R3 (?) 1st Place (bracket?)
Everlasting Yay: R1 (?) R2 (?) R3 (?)
Dop: R1 (?) R2 (?)
L0zR:
Darksyde: R1 (?) R2 (4/6, 5W-7L)
Sneak:
Crystalnite: R1 (?) R2 (?)
Moophobia: R1 (?) R2 (?)
Foxy: R1 (2/5, 6W-3L) R2 (5/6, 4W-8L)
Bl@ck Chris: R1 (?) 9th Place Amateur (?)
Snap:
EWB:
Smith: R1 (?) Amateur? (?)
0Room: R1 (?)
Ocean: R1 (?) 25th Place Amateur (?)

BRAWL

Ilove: R1 (?) R2 (?) 33rd Place (L Chudat, L Pwii)
Kadaj: R1 (?) R2 (?) 33rd Place (L MVD, L Atomsk)
Fyre: R1 (?)
Spite: R1 (?)
rPSI: R1 (?) 33rd Place Amateur (L Kenny, L DarkPch)

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
ilove was beating big named players, i cant wait to see what he will be like in a year

*tears up*

lil **** grow up so fast

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Guess who back, mother****ers.

Its ya ***** PLUR aka RULP aka PeeLizzle aka The Blizzard Wizard aka DaBlizWiz aka the best mother****ing Ice Climber in the mother****ing world, nigqas.

After trying to avoid Pound 5 updates, I stumbled upon facebook where a status by Mr. Lucas Hart Portnoy aka Dark Hart aka Blackened Coronary **** aka Jewcas was at the top of my feed.

Needless to say, SPOILERSLOL(**** you, Lucas).

<3

Good stuff, Kevin. You dun good.

In all seriousness, sup guys?
LOL <3

Laijin I bet you could have made bracket. I been watching you lately and your getting pretty good(watched your apex match vs macd). Seen a couple of result thread's and heard you and vist did good vs m2k and armada. Good stuff keep it up bro.

On that note since im randomly in here sorry about that whole ceo post a while back. completly uncalled for and bad sportsmanship on my part.

Dop son as if you needed anymore ****ing luigi practice! Remember your matches vs blea man! You will get them next time 4 sho though big guy. Or as you north carolina people will say it "stack it up dop!"

grats on your win kevin!
Don't remember what you said but thanks lol.

If only Fox mains were more consistent...
*skilled

Btw, how do you change your name on here?
I believe you have to be a premium member, but if so, where do I go for that?
You can get to it from the bottom of your user CP I believe. You have to pay for it though.

chris please trust me

truedarkness = gay

The Darkness

THE

wwwayyyyyyyyyyyyyy cooler/more original

bape
Agreed.

I actually think we should get a list of all our NC players who entered (for either game, but this is the Melee thread); I personally want to see how we did and it's a good record to keep before we all forget what our pool records were.

IMO we should try to collect just who entered what, which round they were eliminated in, what place they got in each pool out of the total (eg 1/6, 4/5), and hopefully their actual record (eg 5W-4L, 8W-1L)

I'll add myself and what I know

MELEE

Dr. Peepee: R1 (?) R2 (?) R3 (?) 1st Place (bracket?) 2-0'd all of my pools. I can restate all of my bracket if desired.
Everlasting Yay: R1 (idk) R2 (stopped trying after he got cheated out of a 2-1 by shroomed via randall idk the actual score) R3 (N/A)
Dop: R1 (?) R2 (?)
L0zR: 2-0'd R1, R2 beat cyrain 2-0/ xif 2-1 /tirmo 2-1/ Sneak 2-1/ and the other kid 2-0,got 2nd seed in R3, beat Azen 2-0, lost to cactuar 2-1(super close AGAIN AHHHH), and 2-0'd everyone else I think? Went 0-2 in bracket, losing to Unknown522 from Canada(idk set count) and then Silent Wolf in losers bracket 0-2.
Darksyde: R1 (?) R2 (4/6, 5W-7L)
Sneak:
Crystalnite: R1 (?) R2 (?)
Moophobia: R1 (?) R2 (?)
Foxy: R1 (2/5, 6W-3L) R2 (5/6, 4W-8L)
Bl@ck Chris: R1 (?) 9th Place Amateur (?)
Snap:
EWB:
Smith: R1 (?) Amateur? (?)
0Room: R1 (?)
Ocean: R1 (?) 25th Place Amateur (?)
Filled in what I could.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
I got 2nd in 1st round pools and 4th in 2nd round pools... my set with lozr was soooooooooo close. If i would've won it would've cause a tie between me and cyrain and i think i would've made it out because he dropped a game to a falco I 2-0ed. My record was R1 2nd 6W-2L and R2 4th 5W-7

edit for pp's post. lozr beat cyrain 2-0/ xif 2-1 /tirmo 2-1/ me 2-1/ and the other kid 2-0 in 2nd round

Top Bottom