• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! (Updated 2/11/10!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
well im buying a house in the beginning of may and we'll have plenty of room to throw a tourny so like mid may i'll throw a smashfest/ tourny if enough people are interested

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol I wanna make a combo video, but I wouldn't do a good enough job for my standards.

I have to get better before I even think about watching a video of me showing off lol.

Despite all that, the general ideas (songs and name) are ****.

Sengin

Smash Ace
I hope you bros are helping one another get better, since everyone could stand a little improvement these days (yes, including me big time!)
Most of the Boone people have moved onto melee and left brawl behind except for a few excursions, so I finally have more practice. It's nice, even though it's the same couple of people.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
neither is mango...
but mango's falcon beat zhu (who beat SS) and cactuar (who beat darkrain)

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Lolol. Yes. Mango's Falcon beat me in a friendly set. Clearly a good example to use for comparison. Because of how well known I am for playing seriously.

Mango is too good. ^^

null55

Smash Master
Some one please make a Dedede combo video with the song Ay Bay Bay.

And do pros just search for themselves like every 5 minutes or something or what.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Lozr has the best Falcon I dont give a **** what you say.

When Lozr plays Falcon America is on his side.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
That's always bugged me Cactuar; why don't you try? I've seen your posts talking about how much you think when you try, but it still seems odd.

How the f*ck is a vote gonna decide who has the best Falcon anyway? That's stupid.

LoZR could have a Falcon that could be the best if he still tried to get better.

Tales of Symphonia *****.

Yay PLUR with Melee! I'm ready for you to get on these bro.

next NC tournament = Boss Hog aka Stacks aka **** you up all day everyday aka gimme your controller aka forestbrochill IN THE POWER RANKINGS FOR SURE... with never having been in a singles tournament.

BUCK UP

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
That's always bugged me Cactuar; why don't you try? I've seen your posts talking about how much you think when you try, but it still seems odd.
I've never really cared about money or placing, and it is way more fun for me to play using my natural style rather than abusing the stuff I know works and exhausting myself mentally adapting to every person I play.

I feel like the community has evolved to a point where people sacrifice fun for the "play to win" mentality. Play to win sucks. You might enjoy it because you ultimately win, but no one likes playing you. And in a game where the community is at a critical point and we are trying to keep every member we can, that kind of player is only progressing our demise.

Wife made a comment after playing Jman and myself in teams grand finals at the last biweekly in regard to gaps in skill level discouraging players from participating. His actual statement was something along the lines of "If the skill gap between players was like this during the era of mlg, the smash community probably wouldn't have lasted very long." I don't necessarily sandbag, but I try to scale how hard I'm playing to my opponent's skill level to encourage them to play better. I already have the fear factor going for me, so I want to make them feel comfortable while playing me.

:shrug:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Huh, that's pretty cool bro.

I should probably keep that idea in mind, myself.

Thanks for answering that man.

Oh btw, I plan on traveling up to tri-state at least once over the summer, so maybe I'll get to just experience this phenomenon for myself. =p

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
peepee, if you do end up going to tristate this summer, come see me

and bring dave. you guys will be welcome to chill with me anytime.

that is assuming i'll be there by then

ptown

Smash Ace
if i made smash i would make these changes:

[#1: you are only allowed to grab the edge once (resets once your feet touch the stage)]
-my version of smash is brutal. no more taking a breather holding the edge or to lure people near the edge for gay kills. holding on the edge with one hand over a bottomless pit should not be an advantageous position.

[#2: no throws that send opponent behind you]
-no more gay gimp desperation tactics. man up. king of the hill. fight for the stage muhfukka.

[#3: either few/zero attacks that send opponent behind you]

[#3 alternative: a new universal technique that KEYWORD: places opponent behind you]
-similar reasons to #2: no gay edge camp desperation gimps.

the true spirit of smash is king of the hill. the dudes didn't get it right the first time or the 2nd time. and completely forgot about it in the 3rd. must have been thinking too much about unlockables and stupid emissary nonsense.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
I already have ToS. Played through it multiple times. The first time I had a cube I bought it. Then I traded my cube in.

I don't really play Melee to improve. I just play it when I have alot on my mind or when I'm listening to a podcast. When I'm with friends, we do dumb stuff like Boss battles where one player goes against 2/3 of us with handicaps. Or have fun with items(Items in Brawl is more fun though). I dunno how to improve at this game aside from playing people better than me. I don't really care anyways, considering I only play doubles.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Looooool.

You don't have to practice a whole lot or anything (at least not for long since I'm pretty sure you're consistent), just enough to keep your mind in it and innovative I suppose.

I will agree that practicing helps more when there are other people, though.

PacStrife

Smash Ace
I think your talking to Plur like you never played him before PP. (man calling people by online names is still weird >_>) Everyone I talk to about him says the same thing, "He has the tech skill, but is still not too hard to beat" After playing him recently myself, I feel his main problems come from simply not doing the best things for every situation. It seems to me like he knows what he's going to do and then does it, instead of thinking about what is best for the situation he is currently in. I also believe he doesn't care too much about getting better and plays more to have fun, which is why I just mess around and have fun when I play friendlies with him. (And I think everyone would agree with me that playing any game with the dude is mad fun)

Anyways, this was not a rant about plur, but more a note to PP that he should think about what he tells the players that look up to him. more practice and tech skill is not what the dude needs to get better. Also make sure your not bullying people into doing stuff they don't wanna do man. Even if you don't mean to, pushing this NC get better at melee thing leaves some people left out when they are content just having fun with the game. These players are just as important as our top players are to the NC scene.

And with that I'm done. I sound like PLURS mom or something so yall boys just feel free to call me BIG MOMMA PAC.
werd

EDIT - Why the hell when I type something long is it still shorter then every **** Foxy post I read? WTF?

BEHR

Smash Hero
MOMMA PAC. <333

Anyways yuh its always nice to have fun

Like at HERB when me and Jim team we counterpicked Poke Floats against Wes and chaddd

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
PP encouraging people to improve does nothing but help the smash community. Im pretty sure everyone that comes to tournaments and frequents this site has fun playing the game lol, shouldn't be a cause for concern. I'm also fairly certain that nobody has felt "bullied" by Kevin lol.. it's all in fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom