• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! (Updated 2/11/10!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
@Rawfuls: We'll talk about it when I play you.

@PLUR: raaaaaaaape

@Marth discussion: My Marth has the best fox game no contest. =)
Overall, my Marth is kind of bleh now(still the best though =p). Too aggro in non-Fox matchups.

DJRome

Smash Hero
Title: Tales From Catfish

Chapter: The Melee PRs

Setting: NC, SWF

Cast: See bro ranking thread

Act MMIX

Long and stupid, with an amazing story.
NC discusses PRs:
LET THE SPAM BEGIN!
Are catfish and Malk's Balls real people?
Interesting... so... is this like an inside joke or something like that, or is he like his brother or something?
How the **** is Zero Gamer on this. :l
No Offense bro.
I must have missed something.
he got goodz
i am so angry that im not #1.
nc has way too many threads haha
wow 600k views...or something. =)
Sorry bros, gunna have to change that 5 to a 1 at HERB. I'm sure you can understand ;)
this is outrageous
DAT ******
it's like god tier
lozr
pp

everyone else
PP, LoZR and Ali are too good.

I ****in love the catfish. <3
Grr. I'm angry for not making melee PR.
ill be up in sova friday night getting ready for the melee tourney there. Nc gonna have to represent at both tourneys.
Some stuff
HOLY MOTHERFING SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT JUST FOUND THIS THREAD
Why am I on this?

foxy bs

lol dark hart that was just like two random friendlies. you wanting to settle this
go ahead and MM me
he thinks he owns me and i want my $5.
What are you talking about?
That being said, imo I'm still better than you
You should be careful, Foxy. DH is about as good as Forward.
I don't rest

I NIGHTMARE
Oh and Karn's Mewtwo can beat anything you've got
Lawl. I got honerable mention. xD This is going to change when I win Foxy's xD
southern pines brawl scene is irrepressible
falco can combo in this game better than any other character. Falcos shine to d-air combos is way too good on fast fallers. Nothing you can really do except when you get to a certain high %
plus falco has pew pew's giving him one of the most versitile projectiles in the game and giving him a decent default approach and david i demand dorf dittos next time we play i love them so
i'm coming back.
West NC comin with it.
I'll practice a lot and run trains.
barwl
prs
3 captain falcons in the power rankings. I love this state. Just needs a Falcon on top. Work on that **** Ali.
I don't see how anyone could argue with Bill. :lick:
hellz yeah guise, brawl+ for fun
I thought everyone was spending the night at my apt on Friday?
just come stay at my apartment on friday night as well.
Come to CH on Friday
I wanna drink to dangit
I'll Falcon ditto you Mask$Mike.
stack it up.
brawl pr's got closed
Dark Hart is gay
Please explain
foxy why the hell did you quote yourself in your sig?
Thats gay as hell
i hate brawl.
real talk.
I can't SHDL at all with Falco
I can SHDL with Falco.
I was ****** so hard tonight. I wish I ever played nearly that well during tournaments.
Don't get ahead of yourself, Austin.
Stop thinking you're so good.
Im coming for you peepee. Anyone want some
i should be at least top 5 in NC
:mad:!!!!........*takes a **** inside the thread and leaves*
THUNDAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Too cool.
I want to play Foxy. This guy thinks he's really good apparently. Jiggs
When I fight against pp I know that I'm going to lose, so I do experimental stuff to try and learn what I should do in certain situations. Usually this tends to mean I get *****, but in the long run it helps me understand certain scenarios.
I had played him like 15 times earlier. I then lost.

easier bracket

johns
its okay you deserved it
Haha , I hope nobody took my deliberate johning too seriously.

here's some more:
-johns
-johns
-johns
-johns
-johns
-johns
-johns
-johns
I'm totally on these now, right?

oh, never mind.
I'm just trying to make dependable PRs
I lost to Jiggz at TO4.
RAGE!!!!!!!!!
I hope I proved that I should definitely be on the PR.
I have to object to Alex being underneath me.
Come to Herb! Its in Gboro!
Thank you, I can now place ice climbers!
PP is just so much better than everyone else other than lozr, that as long as his teammate isn't terrible, he will probably carry anyone to the finals.
1. Austin, **** you, seriously, you've been getting on my nerves for a month now just because you act so ****ing ******** on the boards, and irl. Honestly, you're almost as bad as Killer and Flamingo were.
2. I understand that I won because Kevin was on my team, but that being said it's not like I sat around at killed myself as Kevin became superman. You make it seem like he did all the work when you weren't even there, you didn't see that matches, and you don't really know anything.
3. ...I can say Nebs should be lower due to inactivity and the fact that he's only been to one tourney, which is the reason why I think he should be lower.

And why the **** do you think I'm jealous. Where the **** do you come off thinking that I'm jealous? I don't deserve a spot on the PRs and I know it. I don't give a **** about the PRs, but I'm going to help my friend Kevin as much as I can because I know he does and he wants it to be as accurate as possible. Not to mention, if you haven't noticed, I don't take **** from anyone, no matter what. It's just in my nature.

Just do everyone a favor and **** off
Why am I giving you crap? Well for one, I found your "complements" to not be anywhere near flattering. All I saw was, "dark hart didn't do **** to get first, he just teamed with PP. Because of this, I give him the lowest spot on the PR I can think of."

And as for jealousy, you never answered my question.

And as for hate, I blame my parents, I'd take it out on them, but last time that happened, I put 9 holes in the wall, completely destroyed my dads printer, was forced to go into therapy (which I quit), got a prescription for something that I never took, ended up with a bloody nose, and got my school counselor to call Social Services the next day. That's why I don't take **** from anybody and take almost everything to heart. That's why I can't wait to get out of this ****ing house.

If you can't tell, I'm seriously pissed right now, and I've been holding it in for a year. Deal with it.
1. Dr Peepee(Falco)
2. LoZR(Fox)
3. TC(Marth)
4. Ali/I've Jihad it(Captain Falcon)
5. Onlymaskde(Captain Falcon)
6. Rawfuls(Marth/Jigglypuff/Fox)
7. Lord Karn(Marth/Mewtwo)
8. Jim/Pyrostormer(Ganon)
9. Foxy(Jigglypuff)
10. Darksyde(Captain Falcon/Fox)
Edited for unneeded stupid PR drama. I'll move up soon enough.
josh should never be below me
LOL.. I was like Jim how are you doing in singles and he said he lost to "Mosk"

He told Dorsey the same thing and he was like who is Moss?
Your better than me, i cant teach you things you already know haha
Sounds good. Cant wait to play you when your gooooooood at this game hehe. Effing suck right now for sure:laugh:
In response to Darksyde's concern about his placement in these PRs, Karn and I had reopened discussion on the matter, but more in-depth.

Our conclusion is that his placing will NOT be changed.

This decision is based on the grounds of:

1. At the same tourney they were attending (Foxy's), Darksyde placed two spots lower than Foxy.

2. In their serious matches they played later, the matches weren't MMs so they don't count as far as moving someone up in the Power Rankings is concerned.

3. Foxy wasn't at Billfest, so Foxy and Darksyde can't be compared by those results.

4. Foxy shouldn't be penalized for missing bills because he was at his own tourney in the same month, so he isn't in dire conditions as far as attendance goes at all.
Power rankings are ****ing dumb.
let me say something

shut the fuck up
Just sayin'
holy shiiiiiz what happened to this thread
Much love.
Dang it I thought the community actually liked smash lol.
So you don't play either game and you post on here anyway....ummm....

And I merely pointed out that you rarely contribute anything at all to any conversation.

And whether it was a joke or not, it was a pretty annoying one given your disposition about the games.

Also, I can't stand the bro trend. It's a bad sign of how unnatural and silly it is when Nunzio starts saying it.
dannnng. I dont see the point for these rankings at all. I understand some people will see what their rank is and wanna practice to get better and move up(i did this when i started getting competitive). But the game is really old (melee). I love playing this game and hanging out with all the fun people that this game brings together, yet the melee smash scene i dont think is really getting any stronger. Not many people from other states are really gonna care anymore who is nc's top 10 haha. I guess all im saying is im done trying to get any better at smash and the only time im gonna play is if some friends wanna get together some night and play or tourney play. No love loss for all the bros though you guys are awesome.

Plus these forums are for everyone and anyone can post whatever it is they want to. DeAl WiTh It:mad:
You're really gonna make me do it.

Fine then.

Old games are still played competitively and are strong. You know the examples, so I'm not rehashing them. Just because a game is old doesn't make it awful. If there's a strong enough following(which there is here), then why not try to improve, or even help others improve if one is concerned about strength of the scene so much, in the game one enjoys?

You think the Melee scene is dying? You may enjoy the luxury of basing that assumption off of NC, but I, as it's no secret, troll these forums super hard and I have seen that Melee is slowly regaining strength. (Quick note: if you're also basing it off of how many people wanna come to our tournies, it's because we aren't hyping it enough. There's not one single person to blame for that, it's NC as a whole.) Pros that quit before or during Brawl are coming back (PC, Forward, Taj, Dashizwiz, etc), and I have seen many a random say that they enjoy Melee over Brawl, though they may have started with Brawl or just never found smashboards until now.

You wanna talk NC in this regard, then you should also know that Dub, who was primarily a Brawl player, has become VERY interested in Melee lately. As good as he's done in Brawl I believe it's fair to say that, with time, Dub can and will become a contender for these rankings, which will make them more competitive, which is what this scene ALREADY has and will CONTINUE to receive.

I'm sorry that you feel no more drive for this game, which I was hoping to change with my recent victories over you in tournament, but I suppose it's harder for you to get psyched about the game after all of your friends you used to play with quit and you went so long without competition. Even so, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't spread this negative emotion towards Melee on the boards. People respect you as a player and a person, and it's very difficult for me to encourage anyone to improve when their more respected peers are saying that "this game is dead and I don't wanna get better etc."

I hope this doesn't offend you in any way Adam, but I'd really like to see this scene grow, and your post is extremely counteractive towards that goal. Best of luck in Halo and all of your other fun stuff bro.
I think I'm going to go to Karn's place in Chapel Hill.
Thats gay as hell
hey buddy buddy
miss me?!

didn't think so...
did you guys hear that I get 2nd in melee in final round ? . .. I got like 3 or somethin in brawl but I still got money ! I feel proud that I beat the awesome green mario - that guys really cool
Kenny, I miss you. Oh so very much.
Don't let this topic be next.
Sup guys. I got kinda burnt out for a bit from playing so much. I've hit a wall with tech skill and my meta game can't get better til I can play A LOT.

Sucks.
Knorr will be at herb. You better be there.
I didn't place well in the tournament but yeah I played a bunch of friendlies and when I lost it was cause I suicided once (sometimes) and then got 0 to deathed a bunch which is pretty much unavoidable if they're good enough so no johns but they didn't really count. And then I played some NC power ranked guy with random characters and dude I won so many times my fox kept destroying his mewtwo EVEN though I still kept suiciding like once a match (sometimes) so really I think I rest my case I should be higher on power rankings.
lol @ 3-stocking scar
I wanna make a combo video
I guess I will just have to disagree with you on this one PP.
........The last time someone disagreed with me over anything big I think.....was you.

What a trip down memory lane that is.

Oh right.
i know i four stocked you but mang you had me so worried on that last stock when I was at 80 good stuff keep it up
GAH! I'm not suggesting it be closed, just stay on topic. There are other topics to socialize.
Too bad it won't last.
All matches are so official to you Austin lol.
all Sheik has to know is throw off the edge and gimp or Ftilt to Fair
all Jigglypuff has to do is Bair and rest combo
hell, you can be hungrybox and win state tournaments, and you don't even have to do the "bair" correctly off-stage.
angry pp is angry
Good games, Foxy. You've gotten really good. I tried my best, but

I'm bad against <character>
<matchup> didn't go well for me that day
<my character> is harder to play than <your character>
I (squandered|choked|lost confidence|lost tech skill) at the end there
I was (nervous|not on my game|scared to play someone good|hungry|full)

, No Johns though. Good ****.
You have mad potential to be **** too. Don't get discouraged so easily bro.
Johns
Promise
****, miss one tourney and get bumped off the list by Ganons. Oh well.
I think its pretty funny that Ace plays Ganondorf but Jim plays Ganon.
And no, I'm not entering tournaments anymore.
I'd take it up the butt
Just sayin`
whats good dr pepeeeeeeee
you heard it here first
We should probably chill on this, I'm sure we're giving other states a good LOL.
probability
when is next herb?
Sheik ***** falcon so hard. . .
sheik > falcon, falco, marth, peach

fox > sheik, falco, peach, falcon

falco > falcon, peach

marth > falcon, falco, fox, peach

jiggs > falcon, falco, fox, peach, sheik, and = marth

jiggs is too good
Don't worry Lucas, I'll actually allow Foxy to attend smash events. haha
HERB on July 24th
Stack it up.
List is incomplete without Yay presence.
Not to start anything but..

Tc was to make it out of pools at herb 2 yet hbox and pb&j worked some magic to where hbox let pb&j win the set against him, giving him the better record over tc. He would have made it to the bracket if it wasnt for that. And tc still plays i think he should be somewhere on here. Then again he has only been to herb 2 out of the tourneys most recent. Just a thought guys. No big deal

Yo Audi you'll be on these really soon. Keep it up!
Oh yeah, pp you still never critiqued any videos of me. @_@
You're going to UNC? Sweet. I'm down to play.
1. Have you ever seen me? I'm a ****ing light weight if you ever saw one.
2. I don't normally tolerate Jew jokes and have gotten into fights because of it (I know none of you could see me in a fight), but you guys are all my friends and I know it's all in good fun.
3. **** you gofg you ****ing prick. No one gives a **** about your statistics and no one else finds it funny.
But it gets really annoying when someone makes a random statement or post that just simply has the word "Jew" in it and Lucas pops in saying "CAREFUL GUYS I'M JEWISH".
I wish Melee discussion went on here.
And then I started reading so I stopped rereading. And I was going to enter titles and little comments but. . . it speaks for itself. :\

Hope you enjoyed.

edit: lol if you don't get it, then go to the dang quoted post and read the rest

dr.neo

Smash Champion
Ok so I'm really FREAKING PISSED!!!! Not one dr.neo quote. NOT ONE!!!! How can you have a NC thread that has posts from me in it. Quote everybody and not have ONE DR.NEO POST!!!?!?!? BLOW ME!

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Hahah I read that whole recap. Some of my quotes are way too good.

This is my favorite post of all though.

DJRome

Smash Hero
Current Activity: Viewing Thread The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! (Updated 12/13!)

im stalkin' kids

*runs off*

DJRome

Smash Hero
my commentary was editing the posts. note:not all quotes are taken in context. but i never added anything or moved anything out of order. just used the bs key;)

GofG

Smash Champion
brilliant recap

choknater taught me to play ice climbers. cept wobbling is banned on east coast :(

lord karn

Smash Master
brilliant recap

choknater taught me to play ice climbers. cept wobbling is banned on east coast :(
Ic's can infinite in melee with alt grabs just like they can in brawl, right? Or can they not do a turn around one so it's just a chaingrab? If the first is true I don't think wobbling should be banned unless alt grab infiniting is as well.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Ic's can infinite in melee with alt grabs just like they can in brawl, right? Or can they not do a turn around one so it's just a chaingrab? If the first is true I don't think wobbling should be banned unless alt grab infiniting is as well.
I know Fly does this new IC's CG where nana F-Smashs and get regrabbed by Popo

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
in all honesty when wobbling isn't banned the ice climbers arent suddenly winning tournaments, and until this is no longer the case i dont see why any infinate they have should be banned.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Man but wobbling is SO gay. =p

Supposedly, ICs can still CG to death pretty well. I'm no IC expert though, so whatever.

Falco dies to CGs so it's not like it matters to me.

$mike

Smash Ace
Hahahaha. Epic post, DJ. Josh's posts are amazing. And wow, my only quote is from when I played Puff like two years ago.

Also, rofl @ this:

DJRome

Smash Hero
in fact this thread began in 2009. late january. *wild wild west showdown music*

and lol i play that **** voice in my head saying that and i can't help but smile broadly

edit: the more you reread this, click the quotes to see the original context and how i shortened them, and view each section as a little conversation irl, the more hilarious it is. in nc, nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom