• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Brawl Power Rankings! (Update 11/08!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Zero over Stingers.

Edit: you guys.....I must be on the ignore list of everyone arguing for doubles or they would've read what I've posted on this subject. This is getting ridiculous.
PP you forgot one change. 3. and 4.

Hopefully you remember what we decided.

Edit: Wilmington was also used in this update you should mention that and not just the billfest and herb.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Gauvin lol this is bull****.

I swear he got carried by Lucario to place.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
uhh

zero over me?

seriously that HAS to be bias. I cannot think of one tournament zero outplaced me at.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Tournament placings bro. You both technically got 1st, so you're having a MM.

That's what Alex told me, and Bill and I thought it was legit too.

@Angrystongers: February Billfest. He also beat people above you at last billfest.

I'm lettin them come in and continue with you though, since I know what's coming.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
whatever

i'm seriously upset in the panel though i have done well at every tourney I've been to and then i get no respect

and who do I lose to? you and bill? I lost to killer once...but I went mk, who I don't even use. that's it.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
whatever

i'm seriously upset in the panel though i have done well at every tourney I've been to and then i get no respect

and who do I lose to? you and bill? I lost to killer once...but I went mk, who I don't even use. that's it.
I'm sure you will have a chance to prove yourself when summer hits. In the time being please know that we went by tournament results only.

lord karn

Smash Master
whatever

Tournaments not in this ranking period do not matter. It doesn't matter what character you played; you lost to him in tournament. You placed better at HERB, he placed well at Billfest. He has a better history vs other power ranked players in this period. You didn't really play anyone that can render conclusive data at HERB. Sorry bro, even if you're better you can't be placed higher than him based off of this data. This is why PRs can never be accurate!

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i'm pretty sure theres something called objectivity that panelists are allowed to use when making rankings

lord karn

Smash Master
If we use anything other than tournament placings and set counts between power ranked players it would be subjective. Of course, there is always going to be some level of subjectivity in rankings, but what you're talking about would be a completely subjective system.

lord karn

Smash Master
Then there would be no post. Which is fine by me, but people pp wanted my help. @_@ I have always favored a post that strictly is just a compilation of tournament results. Only thing that is purely objective.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
It can never be entirely objective (hence panel to work out minor issues), but I'll try my hardest to make it as much so as possible.

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
i have an interesting question?
if karn beats LDPK does that make him better?
should money matches count when marth (karn's main) hard counters pikachu (LDPK's main)

if seth beats killerSOS's olimar with wario (his main), but then killerSOS counter picks DDD and chaingrabs to release grab to up smashes seth out of this mind. what does this prove? is killer the better player? he placed higher so i guess so...

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
It's person vs person, not character vs character. They chose to play their character, so that doesn't matter. Results of matches are what matters. So everyone go MK...but not really.

To answer your initial question, if Karn wins then he's statistically better than LDPK at this time.

BEHR

Smash Hero
i have an interesting question?
if karn beats LDPK does that make him better?
should money matches count when marth (karn's main) hard counters pikachu (LDPK's main)

if seth beats killerSOS's olimar with wario (his main), but then killerSOS counter picks DDD and chaingrabs to release grab to up smashes seth out of this mind. what does this prove? is killer the better player? he placed higher so i guess so...
Thats brawl for yah.

I think im picking up Wario and or Mario for Brawl.

lord karn

Smash Master
Anthony and I are extremely close when you look at set-count results vs other good players and straight tournament results. That's why in this case me beating him or him beating me decides who has the higher spot.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Anthony and I are extremely close when you look at set-count results vs other good players and straight tournament results. That's why in this case me beating him or him beating me decides who has the higher spot.
I thought inactivity lowers players's PR's. Haven't you been to much more tourneys than I? As for the marth matchup... I'd not mind pitting pika against him; it'd be a priveledge for me--plus, my name doesn't allow me to do otherwise... lol... (half-j/k).

Edit: I mean... i kinda didn't even know what a PR was until the last Billfest. What's a number really mean if I can still play good brawls.... @ Alex: Tuesday free for you or do you have a paper due? What's the deal... if i 'member right its 3 matches minimum for you to claim and 6 matches minimum for me? I'd better drink some green tea then.... (._.)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
PR placement means some as it garners respect from NC smashers, and shows how good you are to OOS so they can gauge skill of an area by playing some of an area's players.

Also, it effects seeding at tournaments.

Inactivity only lowers placement if one doesn't go within a ranking period, and you made it by going to the last one in the most recent period.

~ARES

Smash Apprentice
Great stuff at Billfest, guys. :laugh: First time seeing a lot of these great smashers... hopefully I'll get to tourney with you all again soon.

So, how bad does getting last place (33rd?!) at Billfest hurt my chances of getting mentioned up here? If Keith and Gauvin got up there, I don't think it's -too- out of my league. :p

lord karn

Smash Master
I thought inactivity lowers players's PR's. Haven't you been to much more tourneys than I? As for the marth matchup... I'd not mind pitting pika against him; it'd be a priveledge for me--plus, my name doesn't allow me to do otherwise... lol... (half-j/k).

Edit: I mean... i kinda didn't even know what a PR was until the last Billfest. What's a number really mean if I can still play good brawls.... @ Alex: Tuesday free for you or do you have a paper due? What's the deal... if i 'member right its 3 matches minimum for you to claim and 6 matches minimum for me? I'd better drink some green tea then.... (._.)
I get out of class at 3 tomorrow, so I can play after that. I'll call you.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Great stuff at Billfest, guys. :laugh: First time seeing a lot of these great smashers... hopefully I'll get to tourney with you all again soon.

So, how bad does getting last place (33rd?!) at Billfest hurt my chances of getting mentioned up here? If Keith and Gauvin got up there, I don't think it's -too- out of my league. :p
Actually, if you do well at the next few Brawl tournaments, you have a fair shot at getting on the PRs, since the updated list includes the last Billfest. Just know that we use farther back tournies to break close statistical ties, so this may haunt you for a month or two but not too much if you ****.

~ARES

Smash Apprentice
Actually, if you do well at the next few Brawl tournaments, you have a fair shot at getting on the PRs, since the updated list includes the last Billfest. Just know that we use farther back tournies to break close statistical ties, so this may haunt you for a month or two but not too much if you ****.
Alright, cool. Might take a little while since I don't quite **** yet, but I sorta get lots of play time against Flamingo, SOS and that crew.

Oh yeah, and that honorable mention, Keith, is practically my neighbor.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Wow bro, sounds like you got a great setup goin on there. Killer and Flamingo are both on the PRs, and Keith might even get on them, so if you can get to beating those bros you have a great shot at making the PRs.

Best of luck to you.

~ARES

Smash Apprentice
Wow bro, sounds like you got a great setup goin on there. Killer and Flamingo are both on the PRs, and Keith might even get on them, so if you can get to beating those bros you have a great shot at making the PRs.

Best of luck to you.
Thanks! :laugh: I know I can do a lot better than 33rd, but I feel pretty inexperienced... I had no idea what to do against LD PK when we fought in singles. @_@

Too bad my 5th place in doubles has no real bearing. Ah well, more motivation to improve my singles game. :p

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Thanks! :laugh: I know I can do a lot better than 33rd, but I feel pretty inexperienced... I had no idea what to do against LD PK when we fought in singles. @_@

Too bad my 5th place in doubles has no real bearing. Ah well, more motivation to improve my singles game. :p
Feel free to IM me about it if you plan on using ZSS. I am constantly working on how to play this match-up, and using my latest tactics, I got LD PK down to one stock. I also have more ideas up my sleeve, so who knows, I may even beat him.

~ARES

Smash Apprentice
Feel free to IM me about it if you plan on using ZSS. I am constantly working on how to play this match-up, and using my latest tactics, I got LD PK down to one stock. I also have more ideas up my sleeve, so who knows, I may even beat him.
I've seen your ZSS, which is the best I know personally. :p I'm sure I'll take your offer and IM ya... I've only very recently picked Zamus up, and she's a bit challenging for me.

I'm sure I'll do better against LD PK next time I fight him. But now it sounds like I'm trying to make a rival out of him. :laugh:

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Hm.... seems like there's some collaborating....

*devises to invite James over for casuals again... for obvious reasons that he should know of*

At the very worst case scenario for me... gimme 5 straight losses if you start to beat me... :p

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Hm.... seems like there's some collaborating....

*devises to invite James over for casuals again... for obvious reasons that he should know of*

At the very worst case scenario for me... gimme 5 straight losses if you start to beat me... :p
Hold your horses, Anthony, I've not gotten that much better.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I was talking with Bill. I wan never any good at Melee. My technical skill never quite matched up with everyone else's. But Bill says this game focuses on an entirely different set of skills. But with all the things you must ban, and what's cheap and whatnot, I'm unsure as to me wanting to be competitive in this or not.

But I can try, I guess. L0zR says not to do it, though. Brawl is balls. I agree - but I also wanna get somewhere in this community, so I must give everything a shot. ^-^

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
I was talking with Bill. I wan never any good at Melee. My technical skill never quite matched up with everyone else's. But Bill says this game focuses on an entirely different set of skills. But with all the things you must ban, and what's cheap and whatnot, I'm unsure as to me wanting to be competitive in this or not.

But I can try, I guess. L0zR says not to do it, though. Brawl is balls. I agree - but I also wanna get somewhere in this community, so I must give everything a shot. ^-^
Adam is just angry cause I took his spot!

Seriously though brawl is a good game. To me its a better game than melee, but thats just me and I realize a lot of people disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom