• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Brawl Power Rankings! (Update 11/08!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
I think melee should just start earlier. Make it be a lunch break between melee and brawl instead of a dinner break. Brawl doubles and singles will never finish before 2 if it starts at 7. Melee runs too long into brawl and there are way less people that play, I don't understand that.

edit: honestly, i don't see how killer is one spot above me after what happened in doubles. Who was like "Hey, let's put killer one spot above rag after watching him get manhandled in doubles." Killer no offense, I'm not trying to say you're bad, you're pretty good, but I've never lost to you in tourney so I don't understand how you're one spot better than me.
Ill repeat what others have said. Doubles doesn't count. Not to mention, you placed only one spot better than him at HERB while he won Wilmington (I know you didn't go) and placed better than you yesterday.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Why doesn't doubles count at all? That's just stupid. That's really the only reason I come to tourneys. Singles isn't nearly as fun and I really don't care about it nearly as much as doubles. I smoked a bowl after the second round of singles, which I had to play my team mate in which is bull****. We were packing another bowl about to smoke moar but gauvn came to get me and tell me we had a match so i just came in to play him. It was already 1 in the morning which is kind of ridiculous. When singles starts after midnight it shouldn't count, a bunch of people end up having to drop out anyway because they need to be home on Saturday. I beat chillin at herb, who did killer beat? Killer wins tourneys nobody goes to and they count more than when we win doubles at a billfest with a majority of the power ranked people in nc smash in attendance. Flamingo even said he was just hanging back watching me 2v1 you guys in grand finals and handle it. We went 6-0 against you, that should at least count for something. I'm also pretty sure that was the first tourney he's placed higher than me in singles at too. Correct me if I'm wrong on anything. I'm not trying to sound cocky or anything but I just think these PR's are a little bit skewed.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Rag you can be carried to win a tourney with a teammate.

What if Number 1 on PRS Teamed with Number 8?

and they get first in tourney are we going to raise Number 8 2 spots while everybody else goes down or moveups?

Teams will never count for anything.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
If you must have Brawl before Melee, then whatever. I personally dislike the idea, but it can't hurt to at least try it.
I don't think we could start Melee too early since lots of bros get in late as it is sometimes lol.

Calm down Raggy, most of your problems can be sorted out by saying that Brawl is going to start before Melee now so no more must have weed johns and midnight johns ish.

I've already explained doubles and singles and PRs, but I'll have another go at it.

DOUBLES HAS TOO MANY VARIABLES TO CONTROL. THE NO SYSTEM, ESPECIALLY NOT THE PR ONE, COULD GIVE AN ACCURATE INDICATION OF HOW WELL SOMEONE PLAYS WITH NON-STAGNANT TEAMMATES BECAUSE TEAMS FLUCTUATE TOO MUCH.

Doubles skill is a separate skill from singles skill, so using skill in those largely undefinable environments for a PR system that focuses on singles skill (with difficulty) is just not feasible.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Rag you can be carried to win a tourney with a teammate.

What if Number 1 on PRS Teamed with Number 8?

and they get first in tourney are we going to raise Number 8 2 spots while everybody else goes down or moveups?

Teams will never count for anything.
LOL

i love your example

i'm so much better then 8th seriously i do not get any respect around here o-o well i'm just gonna have to **** everyone next tourney i go to and then people will see how it is

BEHR

Smash Hero
LOL

i love your example

i'm so much better then 8th seriously i do not get any respect around here o-o well i'm just gonna have to **** everyone next tourney i go to and then people will see how it is
I just picked random number bro. <3

I love you.

**** in Brawl. <3

Smith

Smash Ace
Thanks smith. Too bad you're not in the top 3 on the PR's, because then your opinion would actually matter. :ohwell:
Even if you 2v1'd them and it took alot of Intelligence (Brawl is more Intelligence, not skill) and some skill, sinxe the doubles rule is in place, it can't work out.
To avoid getting high..
Don't go under the influence. ;) for me?
But I completely agree about Brawl going so late into the night. I'm 14, and my Mom would be more concerned sometimes if it's late. I can't stay past like, 1am. So i'd have to drop out if I had gotten any further.
I don't care if you make Brawl first, but make Melee faster, like do Melee and Brawl singles first, then doubles, whatever people prefer, I know alot of people like doubles more then singles.
I'm fine with anything, but I don't want to be ****ed over because Brawl runs so late and I'm forced to drop out in the Losers Finals if I get there.

EDIT: This is a dumb arugement, It's just Power Rankings bro, don't let a game get infront of friendship.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
7th and 10th went 6-0 against 2nd and 6th. That should say something. Flamingo and I have never teamed before and we went undefeated against the team that won the Wilmington tournament, and everyone else. Based off these PR's we definitely should have lost. I had to leave anyway, I should have just dropped out of singles or gotten a refund. I probably won't even enter singles next time because it always runs late, even though bill said there won't be a next time.

What exactly is the PR system? The top few people deciding what order the rest of the people should be in. That isn't a system. You're trying to make it sound like it's a scientific process when really it's just a few people discussing the order of a list of 10 people.

Who remembers that time at herb in our hotel room where I was playing against Killer in singles and DUB was playing against Bill in singles? Who were the ones winning over and over again?
iP

Everyone keeps saying that doubles doesn't count at all because people can get carried. The thing is that Flamingo and I didn't get carried. I don't see why being undefeated doesn't count at all when we do it. I'm not pretending that I can 2v1 you guys, I actually did for a while. I also don't understand why none of our grand finals games got recorded but 30 minutes later LDPK was playing on that same tv and then it happens to be mentioned that wii has unlimited replay time and everything should be saved. I also remember another time a certain match happened and the replay was struggled over to get deleted. I remember hearing a john about having a ****ty day at work too. I didn't really care to listen to that but I respected it.

And good job Keith. You've improved a lot. Your Snake is getting great.

I don't really want to break any ties of friendship here. I just think there is some favoritism going on.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
7th and 10th went 6-0 against 2nd and 6th. That should say something. Flamingo and I have never teamed before and we went undefeated against the team that won the Wilmington tournament, and everyone else. Based off these PR's we definitely should have lost. I had to leave anyway, I should have just dropped out of singles or gotten a refund. I probably won't even enter singles next time because it always runs late, even though bill said there won't be a next time.

What exactly is the PR system? The top few people deciding what order the rest of the people should be in. That isn't a system. You're trying to make it sound like it's a scientific process when really it's just a few people discussing the order of a list of 10 people.

Who remembers that time at herb in our hotel room where I was playing against Killer in singles and DUB was playing against Bill in singles? Who were the ones winning over and over again?
iP

Everyone keeps saying that doubles doesn't count at all because people can get carried. The thing is that Flamingo and I didn't get carried. I don't see why being undefeated doesn't count at all when we do it. I'm not pretending that I can 2v1 you guys, I actually did for a while. I also don't understand why none of our grand finals games got recorded but 30 minutes later LDPK was playing on that same tv and then it happens to be mentioned that wii has unlimited replay time and everything should be saved. I also remember another time a certain match happened and the replay was struggled over to get deleted. I remember hearing a john about having a ****ty day at work too. I didn't really care to listen to that but I respected it.

And good job Keith. You've improved a lot. Your Snake is getting great.

I don't really want to break any ties of friendship here. I just think there is some favoritism going on.

Point taken but none the less doubles have never been counted and they never will be. Infinite replay was added later to the wii specifically to record singles (someone else suggested/reminded me, that we should record singles)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
First off, there is no favoritism. I can't believe you think that I'm going by ANYTHING other than the typical PR process, which just so happens not to involve doubles, and why PRs don't involve doubles I've explained twice already, so if that's not good enough for you, then I'm sorry.

First point=you're most likely better in doubles/you both should be higher but you both smoke weed/are tired in singles.

Please don't take one more crack at us being elitist or playing favorites. There's a reason for the panel, but the panel's only real job is to OBJECTIVELY analyze tournaments in this ranking period and decide who beat who based SOLELY off of PLACINGS. If you think more goes on there, then you're sadly mistaken.

NO ONE IS ACTUALLY SAYING PEOPLE GET CARRIED.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Sorry for all this fuss guys. I've never really had too much difficulty playing Killer so when I saw that he was only one spot above me I kind of raged.

Just a suggestion but if there is another billfest could melee maybe start earlier or something. I'm not saying brawl has to be first but it's just weird that melee has half the people brawl does and lasts till 7.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
I am going to go ahead and speak for myself as well as the rest of the panelists.

The three of us did not get a chance to all talk together we only discussed it in pairs so perhaps we were wrong on some placements. We will try to get together (over aim or something) and discuss it the three of us but it may be the case that nothing about the rankings will change. My personal opinion is that they should not. None the less I appreciate all of your concern in the rankings and I am glad that you are all so passionate about them, as I am as well.

If after we reconvene, the rankings still have anyone at a position they do not agree with than I suggest that the person should simply try their best to do better at tournaments and try to respect our decisions knowing that we have tried to be as unbiased as possible.

Keep in mind that its pretty hard to do rankings with all the factors that we have to take into account.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol whatever BEHR. One in quite a few isn't as many as it was made out to be.

What you guys can't seem to understand is that everyone is getting mad good right now. The PR system is difficult to work with, and everyone is constantly changing, so not everyone is going to be happy no matter what the results are.

That said, I am with Bill in admiring and sharing your passion concerning the PRs in general. Rest assured that serious thought and discussion has gone into every single list that's put out, and that if things don't work out well for you this time, next time they may be amazing.

Now, having said THAT, I'd like to point out Karn and I have had to reconvene twice in two updating sessions due to unhappiness with placement. We can only work with tournament placings. We can't talk about how good you are or who beat you or time of day or work schedules or your dog dying or anything else. It's very frustrating but the most objective way to get these lists running. Please try to understand how difficult this process is and how much we want to make it right since we want to represent the final result of Nc's hard work every so often to one another and OOS to the best of our abilities, but we can only do so if you guys place appropriately.

Therefore, if you don't like your placing, chances are there's nothing we can do, though I don't mind checking back in to have a second look at some things if there's grounds for it. JUST GO FIX IT NEXT TOURNAMENT!

@Raggy: Yes, those are the panelists.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
I totally forgot. I wish we had recorded my 2v1 win against Ph00T-L0ZR... and all the other matches. ZSS-Wario was actually pretty good.

A little doubles shout-out.

Best doubles team we faced = L0Zr-Ph00t IMO

Ph00t, you do nicely in teams, never once did I see you hit your partner, and i KNOW ZSS can do some damage with stunning team-attacks. Good stuff Ph00t.

L0Zr... You just **** with Wario. Glide attack beats WAFT?? Surprised me bro. Keep it up with those Melee instincts of yours that I can't even comprehend. :p

Lolz @ MK stock tanking for DK.. XD. I'll do it anytime for ya bro

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I respect what you guys are doing with the PR's and everything else. I just thought that killer being one above me after yesterday didn't add up.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I totally forgot. I wish we had recorded my 2v1 win against Ph00T-L0ZR... and all the other matches. ZSS-Wario was actually pretty good.

A little doubles shout-out.

Best doubles team we faced = L0Zr-Ph00t IMO

Ph00t, you do nicely in teams, never once did I see you hit your partner, and i KNOW ZSS can do some damage with stunning team-attacks. Good stuff Ph00t.

L0Zr... You just **** with Wario. Glide attack beats WAFT?? Surprised me bro. Keep it up with those Melee instincts of yours that I can't even comprehend. :p

Lolz @ MK stock tanking for DK.. XD. I'll do it anytime :p
I agree. If any carrying did happen it was from you in this set.

edit: did you ninja edit that last line in?

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
I respect what you guys are doing with the PR's and everything else. I just thought that killer being one above me after yesterday didn't add up.
Keep in mind that if you look at it from a singles only perspective it makes a little more sense, whether you agree with the pr's or not.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
From a singles only perspective I can somewhat understand it. I just don't like how doubles has absolutely no effect on the PR's at all. Maybe it could be slightly considered, I wish it was because it's my favorite. I've always tried harder in doubles.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
From a singles only perspective I can somewhat understand it. I just don't like how doubles has absolutely no effect on the PR's at all. Maybe it could be slightly considered, I wish it was because it's my favorite. I've always tried harder in doubles.
Considering doubles has been discussed before but the same counter points are always made and in the end the bad always seems to out-weigh the good.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I don't think I would have made such a big deal about it if it wasn't Killer 1 spot above me. It's just that after yesterday I was sure to be above him and then he 1 ups me. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom