• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Noble Knight of Galar, Sirfetch’d!

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Alternatively, apparently there is a rumor out there that an electric type chatot will be it's counterpart. With is just weird to me
While that makes absolutely no sense, I hope they give chatot some kind of love. He has been my number one favorite pokemon since I first played pearl.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Wow this moveset I'm making is turning out more complicated than expected! In a good way! I'm actually pretty excited about this one; I think you all will like it!

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
well i appreciate that im to busy complaining about the weather to accept
Well good sir or madam in the interest of acting as gentlemanly as possible in order to promote the attitudes set forth by the cult we follow for the singular purpose of all things Sirfetch'd...it seems I have no other choice but to, in all interest of fairness and good sportsmanship, join you in your endeavour to complain about the weather! *Looks out window* hmm yes *stirs tea with a leek and takes a sip* looks rather...subpar indeed!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well good sir or madam in the interest of acting as gentlemanly as possible in order to promote the attitudes set forth by the cult we follow for the singular purpose of all things Sirfetch'd...it seems I have no other choice but to, in all interest of fairness and good sportsmanship, join you in your endeavour to complain about the weather! *Looks out window* hmm yes *stirs tea with a leek and takes a sip* looks rather...subpar indeed!
thanks

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Is Sirfetch'd going to be the next Waluigi or Sans? I don't mean that in a negative way but I genuinely feel like he could become the next really big character if enough people support him. Obviously something like Bandana Dee or Sceptile levels of big.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Is Sirfetch'd going to be the next Waluigi or Sans? I don't mean that in a negative way but I genuinely feel like he could become the next really big character if enough people support him. Obviously something like Bandana Dee or Sceptile levels of big.
I could certainly see him become a big Pokémon request, especially since he fills a role no other Pokémon really has done before in Smash. The fact that he exudes so much personality just makes the process easier.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
yeeeeeees. The only Pokemon I would support for Smash more than SirFetch'd is a Galarian/Regional evolution of Dunsparce.

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Does anybody having a shading-less version or just a rough outline of Sirfetch'd? I had palette ideas but finding this stuff is difficult?

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
So, I made a mock-up of a Fighter pose I think would suit Sirfetch'd well. I figured he could have the lance propped over his shoulder as he holds the shield sort of in front of him in a sort of prideful stance. I'm not the best artist but I think it gets the point across pretty well! Will upload the color swaps and inspirations soon.

Attachments

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Alt 1: Farfetch'd
Alt 2: Wood Duck
Alt 3: Mallard Duck
Alt 4: Mandarin Duck
Alt 5: Honchkrow
Alt 6: Porygon-Z
Alt 7: Cramorant

I wasn't sure how Sakurai would handle alts, since Incineroar, rather than being based on other cat Pokemon or real world cats, is based off real world wrestlers. So, would he do it based off bird Pokemon, real world knights, or real world ducks? I imagine he would do the ducks, which was a realization I had too late into the alt making.

Attachments

Last edited:

Zeb Nasaki

Smash Apprentice
For once it would be cool to have a non stater pokemon rep like lucario. Sirfetch looks amazing and really would be hillarious to have some representation of Farfetch'd in smash. Count me in.

Also how this thread got three pages in less than a week?

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Alt 7: Corvakant

I wasn't sure how Sakurai would handle alts, since Incineroar, rather than being based on other cat Pokemon or real world cats, is based off real world wrestlers. So, would he do it based off bird Pokemon, real world knights, or real world ducks? I imagine he would do the ducks, which was a realization I had too late into the alt making.
Ooh I really like these alts. When I was thinking alts I was thinking farfetch'd plus duck types but I like these better. But the last one is Cramorant not Corviknight which means you could still do a Corviknight one. Maybe a Psyduck/domestic duck colored one? Also Porygon Z alt could have light blue beak as there are blue billed ducks. Edit: also there's Ducklett but I feel cramorant covers that color scheme

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Ooh I really like these alts. When I was thinking alts I was thinking farfetch'd plus duck types but I like these better. But the last one is Cramorant not Corviknight which means you could still do a Corviknight one. Maybe a Psyduck/domestic duck colored one? Also Porygon Z alt could have light blue beak there are blue billed ducks.
Alright, give me a sec

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Updated Porygon-Z's alt
Added a Psyduck alt

Also, final Smash idea:
Dyna-Max Dive- Dashes forward and rams into opponents, knocking them into the middle of a gym. Sirfetch'd grows massive and charges into them at rapid speeds from various directions before diving down from the sky and slamming them, similar to Incineroar's fs.

Attachments

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alt 7: Cramorant

That’s actaully really really radical!

God this thread is doing better than I ever imagined lmao

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Updated Porygon-Z's alt
Added a Psyduck alt

Also, final Smash idea:
Dyna-Max Dive- Dashes forward and rams into opponents, knocking them into the middle of a gym. Sirfetch'd grows massive and charges into them at rapid speeds from various directions before diving down from the sky and slamming them, similar to Incineroar's fs.
I love these and all the other ones you made also! You did a really, really good job!

Also, I finished writing up my overly complicated movesets for our galant knight Sirfetch'd and now just have to type them up and post them for y'all. I also finally got around to typing up the ones I had made for Crash, Spyro, and Rayman finally. That puts my moveset total at 5 whole typed up sets including the ones I did awhile ago for Frisk and Geno wowie I have no life! 5 whole things guys that's more than my usual one partially started thing!

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Updated Porygon-Z's alt
Added a Psyduck alt

Also, final Smash idea:
I’d go with that, but instead of going big and killing everyone itself, going big and sending an army of Sirfetch’d towards the opponents.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Ok boys and girls. Anyone who takes the time to read these are either real Sirfetch'd fans or crazy (disclaimer: those things are not necessarily mutually exclusive). Edit: I forgot to add that Sirfetch'd could have super armor or super armor on some moves since its ability in Pokemon games prevents flinching edit on edit: scratch that I was thinking of the wrong ability. Sirfetch'd's ability increases speed when they flinch not prevents flinching.

Sirfetch'd moveset:

Sirfetch’d is a small, short and heavyweight character (around Wario’s weight) with decent recovery, long range (about corrin's forward smash range generally), generally good damage and launch power, and is better on the ground generally despite being a bird. Sirfetch’d’s shield acts similarly to Link/Hero's with blocking projectiles. When Sirfetch'd is not using the leek to attack it basically becomes a wall which other characters can wall jump off of, but need to be mindful of the point because moving into the point will damage them slightly. All of this gives Sirfetch'd pretty incredible tools to zone and control the stage at the cost of being rather slow and having a fast fall speed and rather weak air movement. Although the focal point of Sirfetch’d (other than their piercing sensual eyes) is the leek, I also tried to incorporate the shield heavily into this moveset as an attacking option since I feel that there has been a lot of missed opportunities with other characters that use shields, but I also still tried to make the leek the primary means of offense. I try to use gender neutral wording since Farfetch’d has a 50/50 chance to be either gender in Pokemon. I did not include a durability mechanic in this moveset because I think that’s hard to balance considering that Sirfetch’d would basically just die if their leek broke, but please refer to moveset 2 if you want to see some options I came up with for that. One other thing about Sirfetch’d is that it has a critical hit feature like Hero does, but it is not nearly as likely to occur for Sirfetch’d as it is for Hero since there are critical hits in Pokemon, but they are not all that common without abilities and buffs.

1,2,3 Jab: Sirfetch’d jabs forwards with leek spear, then swings spear upwards ending at about a 30 degree angle from in front of his head, then swings the leek back down stopping just before the ground.

Rapid Jab: Holds shield arm forward with shield parallel to the ground and swings the shield back and forth rapidly dealing good damage.

Dash: Sirfetch’d charges forward with shield arm in front and leek arm in back holding leek straight out which reaches farther than the shield and has a sweet spot dealing good dmg but hitting with the shield has more knockback. Looks like jousting without the horse.

Get up attack: Sirfetch'd moves forward and shoves out their shield ahead of themselves.

Ledge attack: Sirfetch'd jabs upwards with their leek a few times.

Tilts:

Up Tilt: Sirfetch'd throws their shield straight up which can hit multiple times for good damage and little knockback as it spins through the air and returns to Sirfetch'd. The move has virtually no start up delay but has some end lag and leaves Sirfetch'd vulnerable if the move misses.

Side Tilt: Sirfetch'd pole vaults in the direction pressed. The move has incredible range but that's about all that is noteworthy about it other than the awesome animation. The damage and knockback of this move are below average compared to Sirfetch’d’s other moves.

Down Tilt: Sirfetch'd shoves the leek into the ground, grabs it, then swings around parallel to the ground hitting opponents with its feet while it spins. Quick move with great knockback. Very good for disengaging and relieving pressure if an opponent is getting too close.

Grabs/throws:

Sirfetch'd grabs by impaling opponents with the leek, this can also be used to recover like a ranged grab. After impaling opponents, Sirfetch’d pulls them close by drawing their spear arm back. Pressing the attack button causes Sirfetch'd to bash the opponent with their shield.

Up throw: Sirfetch'd slams his shield into the opponent then swings their lance upward sending opponents flying. This has good killing potential but not as good as back throw.

Forward Throw: Sirfetch'd pulls the opponent into their shield quickly damaging them and sending them forward setting up for combos.

Back Throw: Sirfetch'd swings the leek in an arch above them bringing it crashing down behind them sending opponents flying in that direction and slightly upwards. One of Sirfetch'd’s best killing moves.

Down Throw: Sirfetch'd drags the leek on the ground while spinning around until the opponent tumbles out in the direction Sirfetch'd was initially facing. This does the most damage out of Sirfetch'd’s throws but has little launching power.

Smash Attacks:

Up Smash: Sirfetch'd holds their lance pointing it downwards and holding the shield in a slightly upwards diagonal angle while charging then Sirfetch'd swings the shield in an arch above them then jabs the spear straight up. Shield has good coverage above and slightly to the sides and sets up for combos and spear has excellent damage and launching power especially when hitting with the tip.

Forward Smash: Sirfetch'd holds their shield in front of them while drawing back the spear behind them while charging then jabs the spear out dealing a lot of damage and knockback then swings the lance slightly upwards after a brief delay dealing much less damage and knockback but good for catching opponents out of shield or off guard. During the initial jab, Sirfetch'd also sticks the shield straight behind them which does some good damage and knockback and blocks projectiles but has no follow up like the leek does. This move takes a long time to execute however so not landing either blow leaves Sirfetch'd vulnerable.

Down Smash: Sirfetch'd holds the leek up while spinning in place attacking with the shield arm damaging and launching opponents hit by the shield and impeding opponents trying to jump over Sirfetch'd with the leek.

Aerials:

Neutral Air: Sirfetch'd spins the leek in a circle in front of themselves then behind themselves.

Up Air: Sirfetch'd brandishes their leek swinging it around elegantly above them hitting opponents multiple times with the spear tip having a sweet spot that has more launch power.

Forward Air: Sirfetch'd spins forward like a drill while holding the leek out. This hits multiple times, does excellent damage if all hits land and has great launching power but smaller hitbox than a lot of Sirfetch’d’s other moves.

Back Air: Sirfetch'd turns and swings their shield arm in a downward arc behind them. Hitting opponents at the end of this move has a meteor effect.

Down Air: This move acts like Corrin's side Special. Sirfetch'd drills their spear directly below them towards the ground. When the spear strikes the ground, Sirfetch'd can shield to cancel or can press a direction to lunge towards with their foot outstretched to deal damage and knockback. The initial downward drill does the most damage and can plant enemies in the ground at higher percents. The follow up attack is weaker but has good knock back and range.

Specials:

Neutral: Sirfetch'd throws their shield which like K Rool's crown archs a little and returns but can't be intercepted like K Rool's crown. It does have a good bit of start up delay and a little end lag and does little damage but can hit multiple times and drag opponents closer or push them away from Sirfetch'd depending on how the shield hits them. It's a good move to use by the ledge and to poke or force an opponent to shield.

Up Special: Sirfetch'd uses brave bird, body transforming into a nondescript bird and flying upwards slightly diagonally. Hitting opponents with the move does a lot of damage and has a lot of launching power but also damages Sirfetch'd. Sirfetch'd cannot use any other moves after using this move in the air. This has similar movement and travel distance to Corrin’s up special attack.

Side Special: Sirfetch'd uses fury cutter swiping the leek forward quickly. This has no start up delay or end lag and does little damage and knockback, however, unlike other moves, using this move in succession increases damage and knockback, but using any other move, shielding, or dodging resets any progress made.

Down Special: Sirfetch'd sticks both of their arms back and then pecks straight forward. Hitting opponents with the peck does little damage and no knockback but causes them to crumple and fall to the ground. The move has some start up delay and end lag and short range, but if it lands it essentially offers Sirfetch’d a free attack.

Final Smash: Sirfetch'd glows then uses meteor assault charging straight forward similar to BK's side Special. If Sirfetch'd makes contact with an opponent or item a huge explosion ensues which launches any opponents hit by the explosion very far and damages them heavily. The charge itself also does some damage. Whiffing this leaves leaves Sirfetch'd vulnerable and landing the move also leaves Sirfetch'd vulnerable but opponents are unlikely to be able to hit Sirfetch'd before Sirfetch'd recovers.

Up Taunt: Sirfetch'd poses valiantly sticking the leek out in front of them and up a little and holding the shield at their side.

Side Taunt: Sirfetch'd drops their shield and stands their leek up on the ground and crosses their arms heroically only to have the leek fall fall on their head making a cartoony "thunk" noise and causing little birds to fly around Sirfetch'd’s head like they do in the Pokemon games when a Pokemon is confused before Sirfetch'd shakes it off and returns to fighting stance.

Down Taunt: Sirfetch'd drops their shield and holds the leek with both hands like a baseball bat while a pokeball comes flying towards them and swings and hits the pokeball then puts one wing over it's eyes like it's trying to see how far the pokeball goes then returns to fighting stance. The swing does a little damage if opponents are too close.

Victory Pose 1: Like Sirfetch'd’s reveal video, the camera starts by just showing its eyes then panning out to show all of the heroic bird standing victoriously with leek held high and shield at side.

Victory Pose 2: Sirfetch'd holds out their leek and spins until they get dizzy and fall on their butt with birds flying around their head like when a Pokemon is confused in the games.

Victory Pose 3: Sirfetch'd pushes themselves up on their leek and spins once then lands holding their spear out like a challenge with a smug look on its face.

Loss animation: Sirfetch'd holds a broken leek with a cartoony, hyperbolic shocked look

Tagline: Sirfetch'd Retires the Competition!

Entrance: Sirfetch’d comes sliding in riding on their shield then picks up their shield and goes into idle stance before the battle begins.

Emblem: Pokeball

Palette Swap Options (I added some from Glitch-E Gamer’s ideas since I really liked those):

1. Farfetch'd colors

2. Shiny variant

3. Mallard colors (green head, dark brown neck, tan feathers, yellow beak) with a white and brown leek and shield

4. Yellow feathers and orange been and feet with a golden yellow leek and shield

5. Brown feathers with light brown spots and light green leek and shield with yellow spots (marbled duck)

6. Penguin colors!!!!! White leek and shield.

7. Honchkrow colors

8. Porygon Z colors

9. Cramorant or Ducklet colors

10. Corviknight colors

11. Empoleon colors

Sirfetch'd moveset:

Sirfetch’d is a small, short and heavyweight character (around Wario’s weight) with decent recovery, long range (about corrin's forward smash range generally), generally good damage and launch power, and is better on the ground generally despite being a bird. Sirfetch’d’s shield acts similarly to Link/Hero's with blocking projectiles. When Sirfetch'd is not using the leek to attack it basically becomes a wall which other characters can wall jump off of, but need to be mindful of the point because moving into the point will damage them slightly. All of this gives Sirfetch'd pretty incredible tools to zone and control the stage at the cost of being rather slow and having a fast fall speed and rather weak air movement. Although the focal point of Sirfetch’d (other than their piercing sensual eyes) is the leek, I also tried to incorporate the shield heavily into this moveset as an attacking option since I feel that there has been a lot of missed opportunities with other characters that use shields, but I also still tried to make the leek the primary means of offense. I try to use gender neutral wording since Farfetch’d has a 50/50 chance to be either gender in Pokemon. Sirfetch’d has a critical hit feature like Hero does, but it does not occur as often for Sirfetch’d as it does for Hero because the Pokemon games have critical hits, but they are not all that likely without specific abilities or buffs.

In this moveset, Sirfetch’d basically has 4 different movesets: one with both leek and shield, one with leek and without shield, one with shield and without leek, and one with neither leek nor shield. Sirfetch’d’s moves and stats change accordingly depending on what Sirfetch’d is holding or not holding. This is where the really unique mechanics come into play for this Sirfetch’d moveset. Also, in this moveset I provide some options in case the concept of durability is something that people consider important to properly represent Sirfetch’d.

So this moveset can work a few different ways. One way is that, with Sirfetch’d’s ability to throw their leek and shield in some of their special attacks, there is also the risk that they may lose these items temporarily. Losing one of or both of these items causes Sirfetch’d’s moves and stats to change accordingly until the cooldown ends and players can press either neutral or side special attack to gain the lost item back. This option does not involve any durability feature while still offering the variety of essentially 4 different movesets.

Option 2 is to have a durability mechanic (kind of like Robin’s tomes/sword) on Sirfetch’d’s shield and leek and after enough use they will break. According to canon, if Sirfetch’d’s leek breaks then they retire from battle which would either have to KO Sirfetch’d on the spot or basically have them run off stage and lose a stock or something. One answer to this conundrum is to simply ignore canon and just have Sirfetch’d continue fighting without the leek using this moveset as it would if it had lost the leek by throwing it as in the case of the option above basically this would just add a second way for Sirfetch’d to lose their shield or leek. The durability of Sirfetch’d’s leek and shield would likely last longer than that of Robin’s tomes/sword. In this option and the below option, whenever Sirfetch’d’s shield or leek breaks, they have a comic shocked look on their face and a bead of sweat is visible on their head which also causes them to be vulnerable for a second.

Option 3 is to again turn to the durability mechanic, but in this instance, Sirfetch’d does get instantly KO’d if their leek breaks as per canon. For this option, Sirfetch’d’s leek and shield’s durability would have to be absurdly high to still make it worthwhile for Sirfetch’d to even be a heavy character. That and the crit chance would probably have to be increased still because competitive battles do tend to drag out. And I’ve even included another possible down special attack that could maybe help compensate: Alternative Down Special: Swords Dance: I tinkered with the idea of having this move instead of peck to try and compensate for the durability mechanic if that were the chosen route. This move is a stackable attack buff just like in the Pokemon games and can be used 3 times per stock. If Sirfetch’d finishes the relatively brief animation, then the stat increase sound and animation from the Pokemon games occurs and Sirfetch’d immediately gets a power increase. At 3 stacks the increase is extremely significant adding a lot of damage and launching power to even Sirfetch’d’s weakest moves. However, each time Sirfetch’d uses this move, it also increases the durability cost for each attack. This way, Sirfetch’d can KO opponents very quickly (potentially), but also runs the risk of retiring more quickly. I worry that this kind of defeats the purpose of Sirfetch’d being a heavy character which is why I prefer one of the first 2 options, but I wanted to add an option that stayed true to canon. One could also play around with how the durability works. For instance, does each attack have a set durability cost? Does hitting an opponent’s shield cost durability? Is durability based more on time or length of time a stock has been active? Maybe the durability is almost infinite at the start of a stock, but the longer a stock goes the lower it gets? I don’t know. There is probably a decent way to balance this, but I struggled to find one.

Up Taunt: Sirfetch'd poses valiantly sticking the leek out in front of them and up a little and holding the shield at their side.

Side Taunt: Sirfetch'd drops their shield and stands their leek up on the ground and crosses their arms heroically only to have the leek fall fall on their head making a cartoony "thunk" noise and causing little birds to fly around Sirfetch'd’s head like they do in the Pokemon games when a Pokemon is confused before Sirfetch'd shakes it off and returns to fighting stance.

Down Taunt: Sirfetch'd drops their shield and holds the leek with both hands like a baseball bat while a pokeball comes flying towards them and swings and hits the pokeball then puts one wing over it's eyes like it's trying to see how far the pokeball goes then returns to fighting stance. The swing does a little damage if opponents are too close.

Victory Pose 1: Like Sirfetch'd’s reveal video, the camera starts by just showing its eyes then panning out to show all of the heroic bird standing victoriously with leek held high and shield at side.

Victory Pose 2: Sirfetch'd holds out their leek and spins until they get dizzy and fall on their butt with birds flying around their head like when a Pokemon is confused in the games.

Victory Pose 3: Sirfetch'd pushes themselves up on their leek and spins once then lands holding their spear out like a challenge with a smug look on its face.

Loss animation: Sirfetch'd holds a broken leek with a cartoony, hyperbolic shocked look

Entrance: Sirfetch’d comes sliding in riding on their shield then picks up their shield and goes into idle stance before the battle begins.

Palette Swap Options (I added some from Glitch-E Gamer’s ideas since I really liked those):

1. Farfetch'd colors

2. Shiny variant

3. Mallard colors (green head, dark brown neck, tan feathers, yellow beak) with a white and brown leek and shield

4. Yellow feathers and orange been and feet with a golden yellow leek and shield

5. Brown feathers with light brown spots and light green leek and shield with yellow spots (marbled duck)

7. Honchkrow colors

8. Porygon Z colors

10. Corviknight colors

11. Empoleon colors

Final Smash: Sirfetch'd glows then uses meteor assault charging straight forward similar to BK's side Special. If Sirfetch'd makes contact with an opponent or item a huge explosion ensues which launches any opponents hit by the explosion very far and damages them heavily. The charge itself also does some damage. Whiffing this leaves leaves Sirfetch'd vulnerable and landing the move also leaves Sirfetch'd vulnerable but opponents are unlikely to be able to hit Sirfetch'd before Sirfetch'd recovers. (Same in all 4 movesets)

Moveset with both Leek and Shield (a few key differences from first moveset):

1,2,3 Jab: Sirfetch’d jabs forwards with leek spear, then swings spear upwards ending at about a 30 degree angle from in front of his head, then swings the leek back down stopping just before the ground.

Rapid Jab: Holds shield arm forward with shield parallel to the ground and swings the shield back and forth rapidly dealing good damage.

Dash: Sirfetch’d charges forward with shield arm in front and leek arm in back holding leek straight out which reaches farther than the shield and has a sweet spot dealing good dmg but hitting with the shield has more knockback. Looks like jousting without the horse.

Get up attack: Sirfetch'd moves forward and shoves out their shield ahead of themselves.

Tilts:

Up Tilt: Sirfetch'd throws their shield straight up which can hit multiple times for good damage and little knockback as it spins through the air and returns to Sirfetch'd. The move has virtually no start up delay but has some end lag and leaves Sirfetch'd vulnerable if the move misses.

Side Tilt: Sirfetch'd pole vaults in the direction pressed. The move has incredible range but that's about all that is noteworthy about it other than the awesome animation. The damage and knockback of this move are below average compared to Sirfetch’d’s other moves.

Down Tilt: Sirfetch'd shoves the leek into the ground, grabs it, then swings around parallel to the ground hitting opponents with its feet while it spins. Quick move with great knockback. Very good for disengaging and relieving pressure if an opponent is getting too close.

Grabs/throws:

Grab: Sirfetch'd grabs by impaling opponents with the leek, this can also be used to recover like a ranged grab. After impaling opponents, Sirfetch’d pulls them close by drawing their spear arm back. Pressing the attack button causes Sirfetch'd to bash the opponent with their shield.

Up throw: Sirfetch'd slams his shield into the opponent then swings their lance upward sending opponents flying. This has good killing potential but not as good as back throw.

Forward Throw: Sirfetch'd pulls the opponent into their shield quickly damaging them and sending them forward setting up for combos.

Back Throw: Sirfetch'd swings the leek in an arch above them bringing it crashing down behind them sending opponents flying in that direction and slightly upwards. One of Sirfetch'd’s best killing moves.

Down Throw: Sirfetch'd drags the leek on the ground while spinning around until the opponent tumbles out in the direction Sirfetch'd was initially facing. This does the most damage out of Sirfetch'd’s throws but has little launching power.

Smash Attacks:

Up Smash: Sirfetch'd holds their lance pointing it downwards and holding the shield in a slightly upwards diagonal angle while charging then Sirfetch'd swings the shield in an arch above them then jabs the spear straight up. Shield has good coverage above and slightly to the sides and sets up for combos and spear has excellent damage and launching power especially when hitting with the tip.

Forward Smash: Sirfetch'd holds their shield in front of them while drawing back the spear behind them while charging then jabs the spear out dealing a lot of damage and knockback then swings the lance slightly upwards after a brief delay dealing much less damage and knockback but good for catching opponents out of shield or off guard. During the initial jab, Sirfetch'd also sticks the shield straight behind them which does some good damage and knockback and blocks projectiles but has no follow up like the leek does. This move takes a long time to execute however so not landing either blow leaves Sirfetch'd vulnerable.

Down Smash: Sirfetch'd holds the leek up while spinning in place attacking with the shield arm damaging and launching opponents hit by the shield and impeding opponents trying to jump over Sirfetch'd with the leek.

Aerials:

Neutral Air: Sirfetch'd spins the leek in a circle in front of themselves then behind themselves.

Up Air: Sirfetch'd brandishes their leek swinging it around elegantly above them hitting opponents multiple times with the spear tip having a sweet spot that has more launch power.

Forward Air: Sirfetch'd spins forward like a drill while holding the leek out. This hits multiple times, does excellent damage if all hits land and has great launching power but smaller hitbox than a lot of Sirfetch’d’s other moves.

Back Air: Sirfetch'd turns and swings their shield arm in a downward arc behind them. Hitting opponents at the end of this move has a meteor effect.

Down Air: This move acts like Corrin's side Special. Sirfetch'd drills their spear directly below them towards the ground. When the spear strikes the ground, Sirfetch'd can shield to cancel or can press a direction to lunge towards with their foot outstretched to deal damage and knockback. The initial downward drill does the most damage and can plant enemies in the ground at higher percents. The follow up attack is weaker but has good knock back and range.

Specials:

Neutral: Sirfetch'd throws their shield which like K Rool's crown archs a little and returns and can be intercepted like K Rool's crown or fall off of the stage causing this move to go on cooldown before the player can press it again to gain their shield back. The move does have a good bit of start up delay and a little end lag and does little damage but can hit multiple times and drag opponents closer or push them away from Sirfetch'd depending on how the shield hits them. It's a good move to use by the ledge and to poke or force an opponent to shield. Opponents who pick up the shield gain its projectile-blocking capacities and will often drop the shield whenever hit by an attack.

Up Special: Sirfetch'd uses brave bird, body transforming into a nondescript bird and flying upwards slightly diagonally. Hitting opponents with the move does a lot of damage and has a lot of launching power but also damages Sirfetch'd. Sirfetch'd cannot use any other moves after using this move in the air. This has similar movement and travel distance to Corrin’s up special attack.

Side Special: Sirfetch’d throws their leek like a javelin, the trajectory of which is able to be aimed slightly. This projectile archs through the air and does not fly straight so both users and opponents will need to be aware of that. The javelin will stick in the ground and briefly stun opponents hit. This move can also cause the leek to fall off stage causing this move to go on cooldown before Sirfetch’d can press it again to gain their leek back. Opponent’s can retrieve the leek if it is sticking out of the ground and can swing it forward with the attack button. As with the shield, if the opponent is struck, they are very likely to drop the leek.

Down Special: Sirfetch'd sticks both of their arms back and then pecks straight forward. Hitting opponents with the peck does little damage and no knockback but causes them to crumple and fall to the ground. The move has some start up delay and end lag and short range, but if it lands it essentially offers Sirfetch’d a free attack.

Alternative Down Special: Swords Dance: I tinkered with the idea of having this move instead of peck to try and compensate for the durability mechanic if that were the chosen route. This move is a stackable attack buff just like in the Pokemon games and can be used 3 times per stock. If Sirfetch’d finishes the relatively brief animation, then the stat increase sound and animation from the Pokemon games occurs and Sirfetch’d immediately gets a power increase. At 3 stacks the increase is extremely significant adding a lot of damage and launching power to even Sirfetch’d’s weakest moves. However, each time Sirfetch’d uses this move, it also increases the durability cost for each attack.

Moveset with Shield and no Leek (Defense remains high, but damage and launching power decreases, move speed and attack speed increases slightly):

1, 2, 3 Jab: Sirfetch’d backhands with shield arm, then punches forward with same hand, then jabs forward with shield parallel to ground.

Rapid Jab: Sirfetch’d holds their shield parallel to the ground and rapidly swings in back and forth dealing good damage.

Dash attack: Sirfetch’d rushes forwards holding their shield straight out in front of them blocking projectiles and dealing great damage and knockback upon contact.

Get up Attack: Sirfetch'd moves forward and shoves out their shield ahead of themselves.

Ledge Attack: Sweeps shield over the edge at opponents feet.

Tilts:

Forward Tilt: Shoves shield forward then kicks forward. Does good damage and knockback with no start up delay and little end lag. The kick has more damage and knockback than the shield. At low percentages, Sirfetch’d is likely to land both hits if you land the first hit.

Down Tilt: Sirfetch’d holds the shield overhead then swings in down in an arch in front of themselves. This does great damage with decent knockback. Has some start up delay, but not much end lag.

Grabs/Throws:

Grab: Grabs opponents with empty wing and pressing the attack button causes Sirfetch’d to bash opponents with their shield.

Up Throw: Swings shield backhanded in an upward arch sending opponents flying upwards and forwards. Decent damage with good launching power.

Forward Throw: Pushes opponents forward using the shield. Good damage with decent knockback.

Back Throw: Throws opponents slightly behind then bashes them with shield sending them flying backwards. Low damage with high launching power.

Down Throw: Kicks opponents legs out from under them then punches them into the ground with shield arm sending them flying up and back some. Low damage and launching power but good for combos.

Smash Attacks:

Up Smash: Holds shield in a slightly upward diagonal angle while charging this attack. Sirfetch’d swings their shield in an overhead arch above them hitting opponents above and slightly to the sides above them. Virtually no start up delay and little end lag. Moderate damage and launching power.

Forward Smash: Holds arm at a 90 degree angle to body while charging then jabs forward with shield. Good damage and launch power with little start up delay or end lag.

Down Smash: Spins in place while holding out shield arm. Moderate damage with low launching power.

Aerials:

Neutral Air: Throws shield in a circle around self before it returns to Sirfetch’d’s arm. Low damage and launching power, but very quick with no start up delay or end lag and good for combos.

Up Air: Holds shield parallel to the ground then lifts it straight up above head. Low damage with low launching power. Good for juggling and combos with little start up delay or end lag.

Forward Air: Throws shield out forward momentarily before it returns. Short range with good damage and moderate knockback. A little start up delay and end lag.

Down Air: Swings shield in an arch below self twice dealing moderate damage with some knockback. Decent for combos with no start up delay or end lag.

Special Attacks:

Neutral Special: Return leek after cooldown is up.

Side Special: Sirfetch’d throws their leek like a javelin, the trajectory of which is able to be aimed slightly. This projectile archs through the air and does not fly straight so both users and opponents will need to be aware of that. The javelin will stick in the ground and briefly stun opponents hit. This move can also cause the leek to fall off stage causing this move to go on cooldown before Sirfetch’d can press it again to gain their leek back. Opponent’s can retrieve the leek if it is sticking out of the ground and can swing it forward with the attack button. As with the shield, if the opponent is struck, they are very likely to drop the leek.

Alternative Down Special: Swords Dance: I tinkered with the idea of having this move instead of peck to try and compensate for the durability mechanic if that were the chosen route. This move is a stackable attack buff just like in the Pokemon games and can be used 3 times per stock. If Sirfetch’d finishes the relatively brief animation, then the stat increase sound and animation from the Pokemon games occurs and Sirfetch’d immediately gets a power increase. At 3 stacks the increase is extremely significant adding a lot of damage and launching power to even Sirfetch’d’s weakest moves. However, each time Sirfetch’d uses this move, it also increases the durability cost for each attack.

Moveset with Leek and without Shield (Damage stays the same, Defense decreases, move speed and attack speed slightly increase):

Rapid Jab: Holds leek straight out and whips it back and forth rapidly.

Dash attack: Charges forward holding out leek. Same attack and animation as dash attack with both leek and shield just without the shield to deflect projectiles.

Get up Attack: Gets up and spins in a circle while holding the leek parallel to the ground.

Ledge Attack: Sirfetch'd jabs upwards with their leek a few times.

Tilts:

Up Tilt: Swings leek in a wide arch above self. Quick move that can juggle and set up combos.

Grabs/Throws:

Grabs: Sirfetch'd grabs by impaling opponents with the leek, this can also be used to recover like a ranged grab. After impaling opponents, Sirfetch’d pulls them close by drawing their spear arm back. Pressing the attack button causes Sirfetch'd to punch opponents with their empty hand.

Up Throw: Swings leek upwards sending opponents flying. Good KO potential due to great launching power, decent damage.

Forward Throw: Holds leek over head then smashes it into the ground sending opponents flying. Great launching power, with moderate damage.

Smash Attacks:

Up Smash: Lowers spear and looks up while charging. Jabs leek straight upwards dealing a lot of damage and knockback especially at the tip of the leek.

Forward Smash: Draws spear back while charging, then jabs leek forward and flicks it slightly upwards after a brief delay. Slow move with great power and launching power and second hit is great for catching opponents off guard.

Down Smash: Holds leek above head while charging then swings down in an arch in front of self then turns and swings leek down on the other side covering the entirety of the space around Sirfetch’d with the second swing except for below.

Aerials:

Neutral Air: Throws shield in a circle around self before it returns to Sirfetch’d’s arm. Low damage and launching power, but very quick with no start up delay or end lag and good for combos.

Up Air: Holds shield parallel to the ground then lifts it straight up above head. Low damage with low launching power. Good for juggling and combos with little start up delay or end lag.

Forward Air: Throws shield out forward momentarily before it returns. Short range with good damage and moderate knockback. A little start up delay and end lag.

Back Air: Flips leek in hand so that the point is now facing behind Sirfetch’d then Sirfetch’d jabs directly backwards. Excellent power and knockback at the tip of the leek especially.

Down Air: Swings shield in an arch below self twice dealing moderate damage with some knockback. Decent for combos with no start up delay or end lag.

Specials:

Neutral: Returns shield after cooldown is up.

Moveset without Leek or Shield (Decreased Defense, Damage, Launching Power, Increased Move Speed and Attack Speed):

1, 2, 3 Jab: Backhanded wing swipe, kick forward, then clap wings sending out some damaging wind straight forward for a short distance (air slash).

Rapid Jab: Spins wings in circles creating damaging winds in front of Sirfetch’d that hit multiple times for good damage.

Dash Attack: Runs forward, jumps and karate kicks forward.

Get up Attack: Gets up and low sweeps wings down around opponents shins in front then behind.

Ledge Attack: Swings wing over edge once.

Tilts:

Up Tilt: Swings one wing in an arch overhead then does the same with the other wing. A little start up delay, no end lag. Low damage and knockback making it good for combos.

Side Tilt: Kicks forward quickly with no start up delay or end lag for good damage and launching power.

Down Tilt: Kicks in a downward diagonal angle in front of self for great damage with little knockback and has a little start up delay and end lag.

Grabs/Throws:

Grab: Grabs opponents with one wing and pecks when the attack button is pressed.

Up Throw: Throws opponents up with both wings. Low damage and launching power, good for combos.

Forward Throw: Kicks opponent forward. Good damage, low launching power.

Back Throw: Throws opponents backwards then claps wings creating damaging winds that push the opponent back. Moderate damage, good launching power.

Down Throw: Lifts opponent up and forcefully throws them down with one wing. Good damage, little launching power, good for combos.

Smash Attacks:

Up Smash: Holds both wings down while charging then jabs one wing straight upwards then the other wing. Good damage, decent launching power, little start up delay or end lag.

Forward Smash: Holds one wing back while charging then slaps forward with the wing that Sirfetch’d was holding back. Decent damage, moderate launching power, little start up delay or end lag.

Down Smash: Holds head back while charging, then swings head in a downward arch in front of self. Moderate damage, decent launching power. More damage and launching power if the beak is the first part of Sirfetch’d’s head to hit the opponent. Little start up delay or end lag.

Aerials (All have a little start up delay but no end lag):

Neutral Air: Spins in place becoming a tornado briefly. Drags opponents close into the tornado and hits them multiple times and traps them for moderately high damage.

Up Air: Claps wings above head creating damaging winds above self that deal decent damage with great launching power.

Forward Air: Spins forward like a drill with beak out (drill peck). Does good damage and has moderately high launching power.

Back Air: Kicks backwards and slightly down. Can have a meteor effect. Does good damage and has good launching power.

Down Air: Same as Simon/Richter’s except that doesn’t jump back up off of opponent if Sirfetch’d hits an opponent and instead continues to the ground.

Special Attacks:

Side Special: Returns leek if cooldown is up.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Ok boys and girls. Anyone who takes the time to read these are either real Sirfetch'd fans or crazy (disclaimer: those things are not necessarily mutually exclusive). Edit: I forgot to add that Sirfetch'd could have super armor or super armor on some moves since its ability in Pokemon games prevents flinching edit on edit: scratch that I was thinking of the wrong ability. Sirfetch'd's ability increases speed when they flinch not prevents flinching.

Sirfetch'd moveset:

Sirfetch’d is a small, short and heavyweight character (around Wario’s weight) with decent recovery, long range (about corrin's forward smash range generally), generally good damage and launch power, and is better on the ground generally despite being a bird. Sirfetch’d’s shield acts similarly to Link/Hero's with blocking projectiles. When Sirfetch'd is not using the leek to attack it basically becomes a wall which other characters can wall jump off of, but need to be mindful of the point because moving into the point will damage them slightly. All of this gives Sirfetch'd pretty incredible tools to zone and control the stage at the cost of being rather slow and having a fast fall speed and rather weak air movement. Although the focal point of Sirfetch’d (other than their piercing sensual eyes) is the leek, I also tried to incorporate the shield heavily into this moveset as an attacking option since I feel that there has been a lot of missed opportunities with other characters that use shields, but I also still tried to make the leek the primary means of offense. I try to use gender neutral wording since Farfetch’d has a 50/50 chance to be either gender in Pokemon. I did not include a durability mechanic in this moveset because I think that’s hard to balance considering that Sirfetch’d would basically just die if their leek broke, but please refer to moveset 2 if you want to see some options I came up with for that. One other thing about Sirfetch’d is that it has a critical hit feature like Hero does, but it is not nearly as likely to occur for Sirfetch’d as it is for Hero since there are critical hits in Pokemon, but they are not all that common without abilities and buffs.

Tilts:

Grabs/throws:

Sirfetch'd grabs by impaling opponents with the leek, this can also be used to recover like a ranged grab. After impaling opponents, Sirfetch’d pulls them close by drawing their spear arm back. Pressing the attack button causes Sirfetch'd to bash the opponent with their shield.

Smash Attacks:

Aerials:

Specials:

Neutral: Sirfetch'd throws their shield which like K Rool's crown archs a little and returns but can't be intercepted like K Rool's crown. It does have a good bit of start up delay and a little end lag and does little damage but can hit multiple times and drag opponents closer or push them away from Sirfetch'd depending on how the shield hits them. It's a good move to use by the ledge and to poke or force an opponent to shield.

Side Special: Sirfetch'd uses fury cutter swiping the leek forward quickly. This has no start up delay or end lag and does little damage and knockback, however, unlike other moves, using this move in succession increases damage and knockback, but using any other move, shielding, or dodging resets any progress made.

Final Smash: Sirfetch'd glows then uses meteor assault charging straight forward similar to BK's side Special. If Sirfetch'd makes contact with an opponent or item a huge explosion ensues which launches any opponents hit by the explosion very far and damages them heavily. The charge itself also does some damage. Whiffing this leaves leaves Sirfetch'd vulnerable and landing the move also leaves Sirfetch'd vulnerable but opponents are unlikely to be able to hit Sirfetch'd before Sirfetch'd recovers.

1. Farfetch'd colors

2. Shiny variant

7. Honchkrow colors

8. Porygon Z colors

10. Corviknight colors

11. Empoleon colors

Sirfetch'd moveset:

Sirfetch’d is a small, short and heavyweight character (around Wario’s weight) with decent recovery, long range (about corrin's forward smash range generally), generally good damage and launch power, and is better on the ground generally despite being a bird. Sirfetch’d’s shield acts similarly to Link/Hero's with blocking projectiles. When Sirfetch'd is not using the leek to attack it basically becomes a wall which other characters can wall jump off of, but need to be mindful of the point because moving into the point will damage them slightly. All of this gives Sirfetch'd pretty incredible tools to zone and control the stage at the cost of being rather slow and having a fast fall speed and rather weak air movement. Although the focal point of Sirfetch’d (other than their piercing sensual eyes) is the leek, I also tried to incorporate the shield heavily into this moveset as an attacking option since I feel that there has been a lot of missed opportunities with other characters that use shields, but I also still tried to make the leek the primary means of offense. I try to use gender neutral wording since Farfetch’d has a 50/50 chance to be either gender in Pokemon. Sirfetch’d has a critical hit feature like Hero does, but it does not occur as often for Sirfetch’d as it does for Hero because the Pokemon games have critical hits, but they are not all that likely without specific abilities or buffs.

In this moveset, Sirfetch’d basically has 4 different movesets: one with both leek and shield, one with leek and without shield, one with shield and without leek, and one with neither leek nor shield. Sirfetch’d’s moves and stats change accordingly depending on what Sirfetch’d is holding or not holding. This is where the really unique mechanics come into play for this Sirfetch’d moveset. Also, in this moveset I provide some options in case the concept of durability is something that people consider important to properly represent Sirfetch’d.

So this moveset can work a few different ways. One way is that, with Sirfetch’d’s ability to throw their leek and shield in some of their special attacks, there is also the risk that they may lose these items temporarily. Losing one of or both of these items causes Sirfetch’d’s moves and stats to change accordingly until the cooldown ends and players can press either neutral or side special attack to gain the lost item back. This option does not involve any durability feature while still offering the variety of essentially 4 different movesets.

Option 2 is to have a durability mechanic (kind of like Robin’s tomes/sword) on Sirfetch’d’s shield and leek and after enough use they will break. According to canon, if Sirfetch’d’s leek breaks then they retire from battle which would either have to KO Sirfetch’d on the spot or basically have them run off stage and lose a stock or something. One answer to this conundrum is to simply ignore canon and just have Sirfetch’d continue fighting without the leek using this moveset as it would if it had lost the leek by throwing it as in the case of the option above basically this would just add a second way for Sirfetch’d to lose their shield or leek. The durability of Sirfetch’d’s leek and shield would likely last longer than that of Robin’s tomes/sword. In this option and the below option, whenever Sirfetch’d’s shield or leek breaks, they have a comic shocked look on their face and a bead of sweat is visible on their head which also causes them to be vulnerable for a second.

Option 3 is to again turn to the durability mechanic, but in this instance, Sirfetch’d does get instantly KO’d if their leek breaks as per canon. For this option, Sirfetch’d’s leek and shield’s durability would have to be absurdly high to still make it worthwhile for Sirfetch’d to even be a heavy character. That and the crit chance would probably have to be increased still because competitive battles do tend to drag out. And I’ve even included another possible down special attack that could maybe help compensate: Alternative Down Special: Swords Dance: I tinkered with the idea of having this move instead of peck to try and compensate for the durability mechanic if that were the chosen route. This move is a stackable attack buff just like in the Pokemon games and can be used 3 times per stock. If Sirfetch’d finishes the relatively brief animation, then the stat increase sound and animation from the Pokemon games occurs and Sirfetch’d immediately gets a power increase. At 3 stacks the increase is extremely significant adding a lot of damage and launching power to even Sirfetch’d’s weakest moves. However, each time Sirfetch’d uses this move, it also increases the durability cost for each attack. This way, Sirfetch’d can KO opponents very quickly (potentially), but also runs the risk of retiring more quickly. I worry that this kind of defeats the purpose of Sirfetch’d being a heavy character which is why I prefer one of the first 2 options, but I wanted to add an option that stayed true to canon. One could also play around with how the durability works. For instance, does each attack have a set durability cost? Does hitting an opponent’s shield cost durability? Is durability based more on time or length of time a stock has been active? Maybe the durability is almost infinite at the start of a stock, but the longer a stock goes the lower it gets? I don’t know. There is probably a decent way to balance this, but I struggled to find one.

1. Farfetch'd colors

2. Shiny variant

7. Honchkrow colors

8. Porygon Z colors

10. Corviknight colors

11. Empoleon colors

Final Smash: Sirfetch'd glows then uses meteor assault charging straight forward similar to BK's side Special. If Sirfetch'd makes contact with an opponent or item a huge explosion ensues which launches any opponents hit by the explosion very far and damages them heavily. The charge itself also does some damage. Whiffing this leaves leaves Sirfetch'd vulnerable and landing the move also leaves Sirfetch'd vulnerable but opponents are unlikely to be able to hit Sirfetch'd before Sirfetch'd recovers. (Same in all 4 movesets)

Moveset with both Leek and Shield (a few key differences from first moveset):

Tilts:

Grabs/throws:

Grab: Sirfetch'd grabs by impaling opponents with the leek, this can also be used to recover like a ranged grab. After impaling opponents, Sirfetch’d pulls them close by drawing their spear arm back. Pressing the attack button causes Sirfetch'd to bash the opponent with their shield.

Smash Attacks:

Aerials:

Specials:

Neutral: Sirfetch'd throws their shield which like K Rool's crown archs a little and returns and can be intercepted like K Rool's crown or fall off of the stage causing this move to go on cooldown before the player can press it again to gain their shield back. The move does have a good bit of start up delay and a little end lag and does little damage but can hit multiple times and drag opponents closer or push them away from Sirfetch'd depending on how the shield hits them. It's a good move to use by the ledge and to poke or force an opponent to shield. Opponents who pick up the shield gain its projectile-blocking capacities and will often drop the shield whenever hit by an attack.

Moveset with Shield and no Leek (Defense remains high, but damage and launching power decreases, move speed and attack speed increases slightly):

1, 2, 3 Jab: Sirfetch’d backhands with shield arm, then punches forward with same hand, then jabs forward with shield parallel to ground.

Rapid Jab: Sirfetch’d holds their shield parallel to the ground and rapidly swings in back and forth dealing good damage.

Dash attack: Sirfetch’d rushes forwards holding their shield straight out in front of them blocking projectiles and dealing great damage and knockback upon contact.

Get up Attack: Sirfetch'd moves forward and shoves out their shield ahead of themselves.

Ledge Attack: Sweeps shield over the edge at opponents feet.

Tilts:

Forward Tilt: Shoves shield forward then kicks forward. Does good damage and knockback with no start up delay and little end lag. The kick has more damage and knockback than the shield. At low percentages, Sirfetch’d is likely to land both hits if you land the first hit.

Down Tilt: Sirfetch’d holds the shield overhead then swings in down in an arch in front of themselves. This does great damage with decent knockback. Has some start up delay, but not much end lag.

Grabs/Throws:

Grab: Grabs opponents with empty wing and pressing the attack button causes Sirfetch’d to bash opponents with their shield.

Up Throw: Swings shield backhanded in an upward arch sending opponents flying upwards and forwards. Decent damage with good launching power.

Forward Throw: Pushes opponents forward using the shield. Good damage with decent knockback.

Back Throw: Throws opponents slightly behind then bashes them with shield sending them flying backwards. Low damage with high launching power.

Down Throw: Kicks opponents legs out from under them then punches them into the ground with shield arm sending them flying up and back some. Low damage and launching power but good for combos.

Smash Attacks:

Up Smash: Holds shield in a slightly upward diagonal angle while charging this attack. Sirfetch’d swings their shield in an overhead arch above them hitting opponents above and slightly to the sides above them. Virtually no start up delay and little end lag. Moderate damage and launching power.

Forward Smash: Holds arm at a 90 degree angle to body while charging then jabs forward with shield. Good damage and launch power with little start up delay or end lag.

Down Smash: Spins in place while holding out shield arm. Moderate damage with low launching power.

Aerials:

Special Attacks:

Neutral Special: Return leek after cooldown is up.

Moveset with Leek and without Shield (Damage stays the same, Defense decreases, move speed and attack speed slightly increase):

Rapid Jab: Holds leek straight out and whips it back and forth rapidly.

Dash attack: Charges forward holding out leek. Same attack and animation as dash attack with both leek and shield just without the shield to deflect projectiles.

Get up Attack: Gets up and spins in a circle while holding the leek parallel to the ground.

Ledge Attack: Sirfetch'd jabs upwards with their leek a few times.

Tilts:

Up Tilt: Swings leek in a wide arch above self. Quick move that can juggle and set up combos.

Grabs/Throws:

Grabs: Sirfetch'd grabs by impaling opponents with the leek, this can also be used to recover like a ranged grab. After impaling opponents, Sirfetch’d pulls them close by drawing their spear arm back. Pressing the attack button causes Sirfetch'd to punch opponents with their empty hand.

Up Throw: Swings leek upwards sending opponents flying. Good KO potential due to great launching power, decent damage.

Forward Throw: Holds leek over head then smashes it into the ground sending opponents flying. Great launching power, with moderate damage.

Smash Attacks:

Up Smash: Lowers spear and looks up while charging. Jabs leek straight upwards dealing a lot of damage and knockback especially at the tip of the leek.

Forward Smash: Draws spear back while charging, then jabs leek forward and flicks it slightly upwards after a brief delay. Slow move with great power and launching power and second hit is great for catching opponents off guard.

Down Smash: Holds leek above head while charging then swings down in an arch in front of self then turns and swings leek down on the other side covering the entirety of the space around Sirfetch’d with the second swing except for below.

Aerials:

Back Air: Flips leek in hand so that the point is now facing behind Sirfetch’d then Sirfetch’d jabs directly backwards. Excellent power and knockback at the tip of the leek especially.

Specials:

Moveset without Leek or Shield (Decreased Defense, Damage, Launching Power, Increased Move Speed and Attack Speed):

1, 2, 3 Jab: Backhanded wing swipe, kick forward, then clap wings sending out some damaging wind straight forward for a short distance (air slash).

Rapid Jab: Spins wings in circles creating damaging winds in front of Sirfetch’d that hit multiple times for good damage.

Dash Attack: Runs forward, jumps and karate kicks forward.

Get up Attack: Gets up and low sweeps wings down around opponents shins in front then behind.

Ledge Attack: Swings wing over edge once.

Tilts:

Up Tilt: Swings one wing in an arch overhead then does the same with the other wing. A little start up delay, no end lag. Low damage and knockback making it good for combos.

Side Tilt: Kicks forward quickly with no start up delay or end lag for good damage and launching power.

Down Tilt: Kicks in a downward diagonal angle in front of self for great damage with little knockback and has a little start up delay and end lag.

Grabs/Throws:

Grab: Grabs opponents with one wing and pecks when the attack button is pressed.

Up Throw: Throws opponents up with both wings. Low damage and launching power, good for combos.

Forward Throw: Kicks opponent forward. Good damage, low launching power.

Back Throw: Throws opponents backwards then claps wings creating damaging winds that push the opponent back. Moderate damage, good launching power.

Down Throw: Lifts opponent up and forcefully throws them down with one wing. Good damage, little launching power, good for combos.

Smash Attacks:

Up Smash: Holds both wings down while charging then jabs one wing straight upwards then the other wing. Good damage, decent launching power, little start up delay or end lag.

Forward Smash: Holds one wing back while charging then slaps forward with the wing that Sirfetch’d was holding back. Decent damage, moderate launching power, little start up delay or end lag.

Down Smash: Holds head back while charging, then swings head in a downward arch in front of self. Moderate damage, decent launching power. More damage and launching power if the beak is the first part of Sirfetch’d’s head to hit the opponent. Little start up delay or end lag.

Aerials (All have a little start up delay but no end lag):

Neutral Air: Spins in place becoming a tornado briefly. Drags opponents close into the tornado and hits them multiple times and traps them for moderately high damage.

Up Air: Claps wings above head creating damaging winds above self that deal decent damage with great launching power.

Forward Air: Spins forward like a drill with beak out (drill peck). Does good damage and has moderately high launching power.

Back Air: Kicks backwards and slightly down. Can have a meteor effect. Does good damage and has good launching power.

Down Air: Same as Simon/Richter’s except that doesn’t jump back up off of opponent if Sirfetch’d hits an opponent and instead continues to the ground.

Special Attacks:

Side Special: Returns leek if cooldown is up.

well im defiantly crazy but thats been apparent for a while

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
This thread has been pretty silent so I'll try to create some conversation.
1. Thoughts on Galarian Ponyta?
2. What Galarian forms would you want to see feel free to discuss as many as you want and go into as much detail as you want?

Noipoi

Howdy!
This thread has been pretty silent so I'll try to create some conversation.
1. Thoughts on Galarian Ponyta?
2. What Galarian forms would you want to see feel free to discuss as many as you want and go into as much detail as you want?
1. Definitely gonna use it on the team. I’ll probably trade for one, breed it, and level up the baby.

3. Noivern is my favorite Pokémon so a Galarian Noivern would be rad. Luxray could use some love too. As well as any gen 5 Pokémon really.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
1. Definitely gonna use it on the team. I’ll probably trade for one, breed it, and level up the baby.

3. Noivern is my favorite Pokémon so a Galarian Noivern would be rad. Luxray could use some love too. As well as any gen 5 Pokémon really.
1. Yeah I like Galarian Ponyta. I'm confused by the psychic typing opposed to fairy or ghost though and disappointed in that regard as psychic is slightly overrepresented and ghost and fairy are underrepresented and it doesn't seem to make much sense. I'm hoping Rapidash gets one of those other typings and is a Pegasus or if Rapidash gets a region specific Evo like Linoone did and that's a Pegasus that'd also be cool. Overall, I'm excited for it though.

2. I'll have to find it and post a pic of it, but I designed a pirate-style bat Pokemon that could be reworked into a Noivern form with some work. Luxray is also awesome. For me, I would have to do it by gen:
Gen 1: Ekans/Arbok, Nidoking, Arcanine, Paras/Parasect, Psyduck/Golduck, Alakazam, Machamp, Tangela line (tumbleweed), Lapras
Gen 2: Starters, ledyba line, Spinarach line, Natu line, Sudowoodo, Hoppip line, Sunflora, pineco line, girafarig, dunsparce, granbull, Sneasel, corsola, Mantine, skarmory, Phanpy line
Gen 3: whismur line and I'm gonna stop here so I don't take up too much space

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Sirfetch'd would be sick as the gen 7 rep. Forget the starters lmao. I love this pokemon so much that I actually created a Sirfetch'd themed server that any of you are welcome to join. https://discord.gg/n2kuJvs feel free to join and invite other sirfetch'd sirvants if you want!

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Oh and I also made a Sirfetch'd stage in Smash the day he got revealed lol! I hope you all like it! ^_^
sirfetchdstage.jpg

D

Deleted member

I'm not the kinda guy to throw blind support into characters but this chivalrous duck won me over. His design, His smugness, His personality I just love the dude and I fully support.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
20190122_185832.jpg
Found it. Yeah needs some work but you could definitely apply this style to Noivern and obviously address the issue of the height and wingspan and head design to make it more like Noivern. What do you think?

Top Bottom