• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Noble Knight of Galar, Sirfetch’d!

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Too many swordies. Too many shieldies. Too many pokemanz. Too many ducks.

But not enough leeks...

I support

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When asked which starter I shall use in Galar, the choice is obvious - Farfetch'd

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Not usually one to throw my support behind characters that we don't even have enough information about to really create a moveset for without taking extensive liberties, but I can't deny that I Sirfetch'd in Smash...even more so than some other characters I had wanted. Is that bad? Don't answer that just put me on the supporter list. This option is not as r'duckulous as it seems.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Not to distract from the majesty of Sirfetch'd, but I do wonder what will be the shield equivalent to him. That's typically how it goes when it comes to Pokémon, so it will likely be the same here. I just hope it's another less focused on Pokémon getting some love.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not to distract from the majesty of Sirfetch'd, but I do wonder what will be the shield equivalent to him. That's typically how it goes when it comes to Pokémon, so it will likely be the same here. I just hope it's another less focused on Pokémon getting some love.
Whatever it is, $100 bucks says it's a ghost

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Whatever it is, $100 bucks says it's a ghost
Yeah, I agree that it will likely be a ghost, considering the exclusive gyms. It's just a question of which Pokémon, and considering Farfetche'd went from a normal flying type to a fighting type, we have a lot to consider.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, I agree that it will likely be a ghost, considering the exclusive gyms. It's just a question of which Pokémon, and considering Farfetche'd went from a normal flying type to a fighting type, we have a lot to consider.
It's probably not going to be, but I'd like to see it be Dunsparce.

I saw on /vp/ that some people have "heard rumors" it's going to be Lapras, but the affleck leak only mentioned Lapras getting a Gigantomax form

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
You guys made me finally stop lurking to declare support. Darn you (jk i love you guys)

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It's probably not going to be, but I'd like to see it be Dunsparce.

I saw on /vp/ that some people have "heard rumors" it's going to be Lapras, but the affleck leak only mentioned Lapras getting a Gigantomax form
If there is any Pokémon that really needs the attention, it's Dunsparce. Curious how they turn him into a ghost type. Maybe they can do something with the little wings on it's back for an aestetic.

If that's the case, then I doubt Lapras is getting anything else. Seems like something that would be a hard to miss, especially when you have already gotten big info on the Pokémon.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Alternatively, apparently there is a rumor out there that an electric type chatot will be it's counterpart. With is just weird to me

Marvel-Otaku-Man

Smash Apprentice
Damn, and here I was planning on getting the Shield version. GameFreak has been knocking it out of the park with these new pokemon designs. And yeah, I'm down with Sirfetch'd for Smash.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Guys, he’s doom to fail.

Once his leek withers, it’s a OHKO and all stocks lost/permanent death.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

This one's pretty good. Gonna get a collection

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It kind of annoys me that people keep calling his leak a sword. It's a long stick with no blade but a pointy tip. It's clearly a lance. Y'all need to go play Fire Emblem and educate yourselves on medieval weaponry. Now if you'll you excuse me, I have some nails I need to hammer in with my favorite axe.

(Also hi Noipoi)

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It kind of annoys me that people keep calling his leak a sword. It's a long stick with no blade but a pointy stick. It's clearly a lance. Y'all need to go play Fire Emblem and educate yourselves on medieval weaponry. Now if you'll you excuse me, I have some nails I need to hammer in with my favorite axe.

(Also hi Noipoi)
Everyone knows the weapon triangle from Fire Emblem

Sword - Axe - Bigger Sword

Marvel-Otaku-Man

Smash Apprentice
I never really realized that farfetched was supposed to be a duck, until I saw his S&S evolution. Which is great 'cause now I'm imagining him as Donald Duck's badass cousin. Also, how much y'all wanna bet the first move he learns is Leaf Blade?

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I'm working up a moveset(s? I think there may actually end up being 2 different ones) if you like them when I get done feel free to post them in the OP. If you don't like them then...ummm...I will hit you with a leek!

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I'm working up a moveset(s? I think there may actually end up being 2 different ones) if you like them when I get done feel free to post them in the OP. If you don't like them then...ummm...I will hit you with a leek!
Cool! I'm not the only one!

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I personally think it might be Obstagoon.
Speaking of Obstagoon this thread has literally one upped it in the time of two days.
So now support wise you guys are tied with the Galar starters as the most wanted galar pokemon
The highest is the Zacian and Zamazenta thread
We also need a supporters list lol

Last edited:

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
I may try a wild guess and say that we’ll se an Evolution for Dunsparce exclusive to Sword. After all, Farfetch’d and Dunsparce’s evolutions were kind of a meme. Maybe Dunsparce will become Ghost (gym theory), Dragon, or Normal in any combination.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I personally think it might be Obstagoon.
Speaking of Obstagoon this thread has literally one upped it in the time of two days.
So now support wise you guys are tied with the Galar starters as the most wanted galar pokemon
The highest is the Zacian and Zamazenta thread
We also need a supporters list lol
I don't think it's Obstagoon, as it's not shield exclusive.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You know, its really unusual for a pokemon to not retain either typing from its base form. The only instances I can think of off the top of my head are Eevee, Azurill (who got retconned in gen 6), and Alolan Marowak.

Part of me wonders if Sir'fetched was originally designed as a regional variant, but was changed to be an evolution later in development. It does look an awful lot like its base form.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I may try a wild guess and say that we’ll se an Evolution for Dunsparce exclusive to Sword. After all, Farfetch’d and Dunsparce’s evolutions were kind of a meme. Maybe Dunsparce will become Ghost (gym theory), Dragon, or Normal in any combination.
Normal/ghost dunsparce evolution would be amazing. 3 immunities, 1 weakness if I'm doing the math right. That's just r'duckulous (no I'm not going to stop saying that).

Ovaltine

Smash Master
When we started seeing more Pokemon from SwSh, I was firm in my stance that it'd be lame to see any of the newer Pokemon in Smash.

Then Sirfetch'd happened and I changed my mind. This knight saved my heart from the depths. Look at that smug duck. This duck queen approves.

Marvel-Otaku-Man

Smash Apprentice
When we started seeing more Pokemon from SwSh, I was firm in my stance that it'd be lame to see any of the newer Pokemon in Smash.

Then Sirfetch'd happened and I changed my mind. This knight saved my heart from the depths. Look at that smug duck. This duck queen approves.
I don't have a good reason for this, but I think Sirfetch'd and Geno would get along really well together. They both seem like really noble fighters.

Top Bottom