• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Noble Knight of Galar, Sirfetch’d!

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Oh man I'm really disappointed that Charizard only has this one new form revealed so far. Of all the starters Charizard is the one that needs the most pandering. It's not like it was one of 2 Pokemon that got 2 different mega evolutions or anything. If Charizard doesn't have at least 7 new forms or better yet the entire Pokedex full of Charizard and it's forms I'm going to be so disappointed! :4pacman:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So Sirfetch'd has an... interesting evolution method.

Land three critical hits in one battle. Talk about meta, taking the one good thing about Farfetch'd through the years and running with it. If it's still possible for it to get a 100% crit rate with the right setup and having actual good stats...

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I’ve created my own moveset for Sirfetch’d:

Intro: Sirfetch’d appears out of a Luxury Ball and readies itself for combat.

Stance/Idle 1: Sirfetch’d holds its leek and leaf shield as it marches in place.

Idle 2: Sirfetch’d slightly swings its sword backwards.

Idle 3: Sirfetch’d smirks and slightly turns its head.

Notable Palette Swaps: Farfetch’d, Psyduck, Swanna, Cramorant, Honchcrow, Corviknight, Galarian Farfetch’d

Walk: Sirfetch’d marches proudly.

Dash: Sirfetch’d charges forward, sticking out its leek.

Damage: Sirfetch’d turns its head, with the expression of writhing in agony.

Jump: Sirfetch’d jumps simply, raising up its leek.

Crouch: Sirfetch’d crouches and raises its lead shield.

Weapon of Choice: Its leek, which has seen many a countless battle for years.

A,A,A: A swing of its leek (10%, small knockback) and a shield bash (8%).

Forward+A: Sirfetch’d thrusts its leek straight forward (12%, OK knockback)

Down+A: Peck; Sirfetch’d jumps forward and pecks with its beak (9%, OK knockback)

Up+A: Sirfetch’d swings its leek in an upwards arc (12%, OK knockback)

Air+A: Sand Attack; Sirfetch’d lets out some sand from underneath its shield (6%, small knockback)

Air Forward+A: Peck; Sirfetch’d slightly pecks the opponent with its leek (9%, small knockback)

Air Back + A: Steel Wing; Sirfetch’d swings its leek behind itself and turns it to steel, along with its wing (14%, OK knockback)

Air Up+A: Sirfetch’d thrusts its leaf shield upwards (12%, OK knockback)

Air Down+A: Slam; Sirfetch’d descends quickly and slams its leek in the ground (16%, OK knockback)

Dash Attack: Sirfetch’d rams into the foe with its shield (14%, OK knockback)

Edge Attack: Sirfetch’d pecks with its beak (9%, small knockback)

Smash Moves

Forward+A: Rock Smash; Sirfetch’d slams its beak so hard that rocks fly out of the ground (21%, medium knockback)

Up+A: Round; Sirfetch’d sings a note very loudly, briefly stunning opponents at full charge (18%, OK knockback)

Down+A: Brutal Swing; Sirfetch’d swings both its leek and shield in a full circle, with a purple light spinning out of it (24%, medium knockback)

Grab: Sirfetch’d grabs the opponent with its beak.

Pummel: Sirfetch’d bops the opponent with its shield (9%)

Forwards+Throw: Sirfetch’d tosses the opponent out and smacks them with its shield (14%, OK knockback)

Down+Throw: Sirfetch’d stomps on the opponent, trapping them in the ground (16%)

Back+Throw: Sirfetch’d tosses the opponent out and smacks them with its leek (17%, OK knockback)

Up+Throw: Sirfetch’d tosses the opponent out and stabs them with its leek (19%, medium knockback)

Special Moves

B : Protect; Sirfetch’d raises its shield and nullifies all attacks; however, the strength of some hits will eventually cause the shield to wither. It will repair itself with each string of attacks until it becomes unusable, which is signaled by a snap. At that point, it will take much longer to repair itself.

B + Forwards : Meteor Assault; Sirfetch’d’s most powerful attack. At full charge, it will charge a great distance with its leek and slice through opponents (42%, far knockback). However, it will suffer recoil damage (14%) and cools down for two seconds.

B + Up : Brave Bird; Sirfetch’d thrusts upwards at a great height (26%, medium knockback). The height is extraordinary, but at the cost of extremely slow horizontal movement. In addition, Sirfetch’d will suffer minor recoil (8%).

B + Down : Fury Cutter; Sirfetch’d prepares its leek, and cuts in a downward arrow shape (24%, medium knockback). If Sirfetch’d is hit while preparing its slash, it will instead move swiftly and cut in a diagonal line (18%, OK knockback)

Final Smash: Final Gambit; A blue aura sparks around Sirfetch’d, and it rams the opponent with its shield (16%). The opponent is then trapped in a cutscene where Sirfetch’d closes its eyes and puts its leek to its head. It then slashes furiously at the opponent and launches them with one last slash (48%, far knockback). The recoil it suffers after is almost equal (43%), which will leave it in danger if it’s at high damage.

Gimmick: Sirfetch’d’s shield will slowly wither as Protect is used. It will repair itself in a few seconds if it’s mildly withered. If completely withered, the repair time is about 13 seconds (which takes it to its mildly withered state, which means a 4-second repair). In this state, Protect is rendered useless until repairs are finished. The shield’s durability is represented by a HUD mock-up gauge of the leek; the shield will start to wither when the gauge is 75% depleted.

Taunts

1: Sirfetch’d wiggles its unibrow, its head turned to the camera.

2: Sirfetch’d kneels in its direction.

1+2: Sirfetch’d raises its leek up and lets out a war cry.

Winposes:

1: Sirfetch’d makes a poses that mirrors a cutscene from the Subspace Emissary where Link pulls out the Master Sword.

2: Sirfetch’d concludes its Meteor Assault, and raises its leek with a gallant explosion in the background.

3: Sirfetch’d swings its leek diagonally down twice, and raises its leek as it lets out a hurrah.

Icon: Poké Ball

Boxing Ring Title: The Noble Wild Duck

Victory Music: Victory! Pokémon series

Kirby Hat: Sirfetch’d’s shield.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Sirfetch'd didn't become a spirit.

It's time.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Sirfetch'd didn't become a spirit.

It's time.
yeah theres a ton of others who arent spirits as well, even if spirits deconfirmed it doesnt automatically mean good things for sirfetched

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Before the game came out, I was starting to doubt the duck. But Sirfetch'd has to be my favorite new pokemon of this generation. He's so fun to use and him crit'ing with leak is pretty rad.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
well its good your effort payed off

I was lucky enough to randomly encounter two shinies so far
All the ones I've gotten so far are breed. ALL the shinies I EVER get are breed

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
I know this support thread is kinda dead, but here's something I think yall would find funny/interesting
Ash's first Galarian mon is Galarian Farfetch'd. Now obviously this prolly doesn't mean anything for Smash since he apparently also might be getting Grookey and they could go for Rillaboom instead if they wanted to pick one of Ash's Pokemon, but it could be a point in its favor. Either way Ash potentially having a Sirfetch'd on his team is a fun surprise and I'm glad he finally has a Galarian Pokemon on his team.

Last edited:

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
I support Sirfetch'd as the Pokemon representative for Sword and Shield. As a matter of fact, I think he will take priority over Zacian/Zamazenta.

Sirfetch'd has so much going for him. He has a defined personality, he's been heavily marketed by The Pokemon Company, he wields a sword and shield which is symbolic of the games he originates from and he's not a starter or a legendary Pokemon which further distinguishes him. Unlike Zacian/Zamazenta, he doesn't come with the difficulty of programming two quadruped fighters into one nor does he suffer from the typing duplication of Cinderace. There's also Sirfetch'd association with the royalty of Galar, Swordbert and Shieldbert, both characters who use Sirfetch'd as their ace Pokemon. Sirfetch'd would be perfect.

Top Bottom