• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW Zero Suit Samus Video Archives (Updated: 01/16/2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
good **** Snakeee.

I see a lot of my gameplay in there: d-tilts for safety and n-air for shield pressure. Glad to see you still use the side-b, just don't rely on it. I think we have pretty similar styles, as far as speed and move choice goes. Best on west and east using the same styles... I don't think it's coincidence. d:

Adapt

Smash Lord

Garde

Smash Ace
****, those are some amazing matches, Snakeee. Faded, your ZSS is also freakin' ridiculous. Watching you guys has made me want to pick up the game again.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'm still not so sure about this whole falling uair business. I experiemented with it at the ASU tourney, and got shieldgrabbed most of the time. I got shieldgrabbed oftener out of falling nair. I suspected maybe you guys were doing something different, but I'm seeing much the same problem I had. Faded got shieldgrabbed out of at least one nair on shield, and Snakeee got shieldgrabbed a lot out of uairs on shield.

This isn't really a criticism. I'm just wondering if your overall success rate with this is better than these videos show.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Ph00tbag, it works but not against every character. Unless of course if you jump through them and up air behind them, which is a good move. Anyway, you need to up air with your back to the opponent (RAR) and connect with the weak hitbox while DIing away. That will both space you and allow you to combo better

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
Faded got shieldgrabbed out of at least one nair on shield
Two things, bad spacing or perfect shield.

bad spacing is just from me being dumb. You gotta make sure the tip of the whip is just barely contacting the shield and hold away as you do it, the force of n-air will make your opponent slide just out of range for most grabs, but YOU will still be in range for a d-tilt, it's pretty perfect.

Perfect shield is just my opponent out-playing me. It's pretty hard to perfect shield when it's properly used as mix-up. When you perform retreating side-bs your opponent will try to dashing shield past the sweetspot hitbox into shieldgrab range. So, if instead, you shorthop back and N-Air, they'll expect the side-b and shield early, but the nair will come out later and push them back, setting up for d-tilt.

BTW, ViceGrip and I are doubles partners, so he knows the ZSS match-up pretty **** well, not to mention my personal style, so he's getting good at knowing the timing of n-air, which is extremely tricky for most people.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Ok I updated most of the new submissions, but I don't have time to finish.... (this is getting to be a pattern :( )

Someone remind me top finish this tomorrow

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
Hi to everyone I'm new on the board.
I'm an italian smasher and a Zero Suit Samus mainer. :)
I didn't want to open a Topic wasting space for showing my videos asking if I'm good (cause I know the answer.... NO!)..
I'll post here some of my videos:

Offline fiendlies.

+Kamui Ryu (ZSS) vs The Truth (Falco)
-Kamui Ryu (ZSS) vs The Truth (Falco)

+Kamui Ryu (ZSS) vs Spid3r Silva (ROB)
-Kamui Ryu (ZSS) vs Spid3r Silva (ROB)

This is my channel if Adapt can add it (when you have time) :
http://www.youtube.com/user/KamuiRyu88

I hope I did all right in this post.. And I hope my videos can be useful for this board.
I'm glad if someone can give me some advices. :)
P.s: sorry for my english I know is bad u_u
I'm trying to improve it.

risemix

Smash Apprentice
Surprised there wasn't more hub-bub over the Claw vs. DSF videos. I'm amazing ZSS isn't considered to be higher tiered, up there with Lucario and Olimar.

I watch videos of the world's best ZSS players fighting some of the best players of any characters in the world playing MK, Snake, and the like and holding their own. To this day I have only seen one character capable of staying MK's vicious offensive onslaught nearly indefinitely, and that is Zero Suit Samus.

Shame.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Surprised there wasn't more hub-bub over the Claw vs. DSF videos. I'm amazing ZSS isn't considered to be higher tiered, up there with Lucario and Olimar.

I watch videos of the world's best ZSS players fighting some of the best players of any characters in the world playing MK, Snake, and the like and holding their own. To this day I have only seen one character capable of staying MK's vicious offensive onslaught nearly indefinitely, and that is Zero Suit Samus.

Shame.
I'm loving this post, but MK is becoming tougher and tougher to deal with for ZSS when they know the match up really well :(. It's not a terrible match up by any means, but it is definitely a strong advantage for metaknight

risemix

Smash Apprentice
Lol Snakeee, since when is MK not a tough matchup?
I don't htink it's that it was never tough, it's just that there was a time when Snakeee swore it was a 50:50 match-up. Then, later he decided it was closer to 45:55 (MK's favor). Now, I think he said once it's closer to 40:60. Even though I'm no where near Snakeee's caliber and respect what he's said, there hasn't been much video footage of high-level MK vs. high-level ZSS lately, so all I had to go on was the December Claw video (which is ****, watch it now).

sasook

Smash Champion
I've seen it, and because of your post, I edited mine above. Claw, Snakeee, and Faded have to be my favorite ZSS players to watch. The other good ones (Rare Truffle, James Sparrow, etc.) just don't provide the same thrill lol.

Snakeee

Smash Master
The only two Metaknight players that truly knew how to fight the match up that I've played were my brother and Infinity. Fighting against my brother for me is comparable to fighting M2K, and this shouldn't be at all. Knowing the match up really makes that much of a difference here for Meta

Edit: Oh and thanks Sasook ^_^

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
Well, unfortunately NL didn't want any of his vids uploaded so I cant show the only footage of me offline :(

EDIT: Well, here's a vid of me fighting A Falco courtesy of Bouse ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7Re50ghRCM

I won, but I still feel like I could've done better. I messed up on the pieces straight up. Im only going with one for Falco from now on. I feel stupid for getting hit by those lasers. I couldn't approach, kept messing up my B-sticking. Not my best match or matchup at the moment. And it's Ironic that there were more Falcos at the tourney then MK's.

I really wanted to show me with NL though. Those matches were really fun.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Well, unfortunately NL didn't want any of his vids uploaded so I cant show the only footage of me offline :(

EDIT: Well, here's a vid of me fighting A Falco courtesy of Bouse ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7Re50ghRCM

I won, but I still feel like I could've done better. I messed up on the pieces straight up. Im only going with one for Falco from now on. I feel stupid for getting hit by those lasers. I couldn't approach, kept messing up my B-sticking. Not my best match or matchup at the moment. And it's Ironic that there were more Falcos at the tourney then MK's.

I really wanted to show me with NL though. Those matches were really fun.
I lol'd at the ending of the Falco vid.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
If someone cares to look for it, I'm pretty sure I a new set between Dazwa and Omegablackmage. I'm busy at the moment so I can't.
From LOBSTER4:
Game 1
Game 2
Game 3

There's roughly 10 more matches from Mass Madness 14 that have yet to be uploaded.

The only computer I can upload stuff with at the moment is terrible and will lag out the instant I start uploading stuff, so it might be awhile. Whenever my laptop gets back from repairs...

EDIT: Actually I'll just copy and paste from the LOBSTER4 video thread...

PSYCHO CWUSHAAA vs Smashachusetts (Grand Finals)
Dazwa (ZSS) + Darc (MK) vs OBM (G&W) + Nuro (Snake)
Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3

Nuro (Snake) vs Dazwa (ZSS)
Game 1 | Game 3
(game 2 omitted, I went DDD)

Omegablackmage (G&W) vs Dazwa (ZSS) (Winner Finals)
Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3

Darc (Marth/Falco) vs Dazwa (ZSS/Diddy) (Grand Finals)
Game 1 | Game 3 | Game 5
Games 2 and 4 omitted - I went Diddy game 2, and Game 4 didn't get saved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom