• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW Zero Suit Samus Video Archives (Updated: 01/16/2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
My first time playing ZSS in a tournament (which was also my first time playing Brawl), I counterpicked Rainbow Cruise. It was a blast.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
yeah people cp me there but i usually do pretty well at it. it's just the one part with the giant pendulum where you have to be careful. awesome videos though snakeee jesus christ the RCruise game was sweet.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I do think you could work on edgeguarding Luigis, Snakeee. That Tornado begs to be dsmashed every time he does it up towards the stage. Note that he can't ledge grab out of it. I say you should grab the ledge then get right back up and prepare to dsmash. Then you can punish as you please.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Updated :)

Snakeee, I noticed in your last number of matches you were getting owned by your own armor a lot. You sometimes seem to forget about the pieces and go after the person, allowing them to get behind you an steal them. This is killing you at the start.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Updated :)

Snakeee, I noticed in your last number of matches you were getting owned by your own armor a lot. You sometimes seem to forget about the pieces and go after the person, allowing them to get behind you an steal them. This is killing you at the start.
Well, the thing is that it's dangerous to use all 3 armor pieces (against most characters at least). Notice how I got owned with them in the first game against DSF, and then I decided to throw 2 off the next game and it worked out much better. I had realized this before, but I didn't think it would matter much against Snake. It's risky to use all of them in general though I think. From now on, I'm going to only keep one piece for the majority of the time.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I think if you really work at controlling them you can do a lot more. I don't even try to hit my opponent with A moves a lot when I have the armor in play, I just constantly keep picking them up and keeping them flying.
Have you tried keeping all 3 pieces in motion at once with a bunch of up-throws? I find that having a bunch of random hitboxes flying everywhere really restricts my opponent's movement, especially on stages like FD. But then again, your opponents are far better than mine.

I agree that when you got rid of 2 you did much better.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I experimented a lot with them, but I guess it's because it's so easy to catch items in this game it still puts you at a lot of risk. I really think keeping one is best at the moment but that could change.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Really? Sometimes I think he focused more on controlling the pieces than on not getting hit. He didn't even get owned by the pieces, but just by trying regain access to them.

I nearly cried when Snakeee missed that bair against DSF, by the way.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Simply amazing match Snakeee!

Inui never had a chance, your power level really is over 9000.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stguVgOFns4

Finally got a video of me.

First stock sucks. Then I proceed to 3-stock the guy. I really need to figure out a good suit piece strategy for everyone in the FoD crew. Almost everyone else I've fought has been ruined by my usual strategy, but everyone that regularly plays with them just gets control of them like that.

Good thing ZSS can win without her pieces.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Yeah you could use some better suit piece control :p You didn't even get a hit in.

Also, you could have killed him at 30% with a spike after you d-smashed him out of the cyclone. single dsmash>down-B is inescapable, even that low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom