• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW Zero Suit Samus Video Archives (Updated: 01/16/2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I took a look at a couple matches against Joker's Snake, Sparrow... You gotta stop getting suckered into his rapid-jab.
Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcdkgZK6Ot @ 1:38 and 2:00

You should be able to both flipstool that, and a side-B will also work, but not as easy because you sometimes latch onto the ledge if you don't space it right. You might be able to get a flip-jump attack but I have never tried it.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Here's the second round of loser's semis at my last tourney. Sadly, I won the first game but only the two where I lost were recorded X_X. That was the best one too, because Atomsk did an insane tech when I spiked him with an Up-B.
Atomsk made a comeback in every game. He's definitely the best DDD player in the tri-state, and probably on the EC as a whole.
(I'll edit this post with the third round when it's put up later).

- Snakeee (ZSS) vs. Atomsk (DDD) (2/3)

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Here's the second round of loser's semis at my last tourney. Sadly, I won the first game but only the two where I lost were recorded X_X. That was the best one too, because Atomsk did an insane tech when I spiked him with an Up-B.
Atomsk made a comeback in every game. He's definitely the best DDD player in the tri-state, and probably on the EC as a whole.
(I'll edit this post with the third round when it's put up later).

- Snakeee (ZSS) vs. Atomsk (DDD) (2/3)
You probably could have gotten a major advantage at 4:34 when Atomsk was in the water. If you had dair water spiked him, you could have at least gotten some good easy damage on him.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
I took a look at a couple matches against Joker's Snake, Sparrow... You gotta stop getting suckered into his rapid-jab.
Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcdkgZK6Ot @ 1:38 and 2:00

You should be able to both flipstool that, and a side-B will also work, but not as easy because you sometimes latch onto the ledge if you don't space it right. You might be able to get a flip-jump attack but I have never tried it.
thanks, but that match was from a long time ago just after brawl came out and i know i play like **** during it.

Snakeee

Smash Master
You probably could have gotten a major advantage at 4:34 when Atomsk was in the water. If you had dair water spiked him, you could have at least gotten some good easy damage on him.
Yeah, I usually go for that, but I was getting nervous hence why I rolled into him at the end and got d-smashed, and that's the same way I lost in the last game of that set -_- .
I have to stop choking in important matches.

Sigh, here's round 3.
-Snakeee (ZSS) vs. Atomsk (DDD) (3/3)

ragnar0ck

Smash Cadet
Hmmm I'm not having any luck on getting vids up, which I prommissed. But, next month is one of the biggest dutch tournaments. and a lot of good players are attending. I hope they have some capturing equipment. otherwise I probbably won't put up any vids in a long time (first need to get a new capture card)

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
DeliciousCake has new videos! However, I was playing like ****. :( I'll get them up sometime today or tomorrow.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
here's The Second Round Of Loser's Semis At My Last Tourney. Sadly, I Won The First Game But Only The Two Where I Lost Were Recorded X_x. That Was The Best One Too, Because Atomsk Did An Insane Tech When I Spiked Him With An Up-b.
Atomsk Made A Comeback In Every Game. He's Definitely The Best Ddd Player In The Tri-state, And Probably On The Ec As A Whole.
(i'll Edit This Post With The Third Round When It's Put Up Later).
<333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 mad love snakeee XD see you later on today at bum's

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
So, I said I had videos, you can watch them all on my channel. However, most of them suck, I was so out of it. This video has a good match vs. asIAN's C.Falc, probably the only match where I actually pulled anything off. Don't watch the second half, I disgraced myself and ZSS. I was definitely too d-smash happy that night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHqq5U8cdVs&feature=related

Adapt

Smash Lord
Ok this had been updated, Are there any others that you uploaded that you would like me to add cake?

smaci92

Smash Lord
Here's a recent tourney I'm playing in:
-Round of 32: smaci92 (ZSS) vs. ReoZeo (Sheik) Game 1 of 5

+Round of 32: smaci92 (ZSS) vs. ReoZeo (Sheik) Game 2 of 5

+Round of 32: smaci92 (ZSS) vs. ReoZeo (Sheik) Game 3 of 5

-Round of 32: smaci92 (ZSS) vs. ReoZeo (Sheik) Game 4 of 5

+Round of 32: smaci92 (ZSS) vs. ReoZeo (Sheik) Game 5 of 5

Games 3 and 5 were the best of the set...Please don't watch the 4th one lol. My mom was yelling in my face to go do work, so I wasn't paying full attention. And if anyone is gonna critique my zss, don't tell me to follow the dsmash with bair or uair or fair. cause I already know and there was too much lag to do it.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I just noticed NickRiddle's vids. I haven't heard of him before, but he's pretty good I think. I've played his opponent Seibrik at CH3 though in a MM.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Haha, thanks. Those vids are pretty old though...Hopefully I'll get at least one new set recorded at a tournament I'm going to tomorrow.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick

James Sparrow

Smash Master
wow nice game vs linguini. lol @ choking at the edge when you dsmashed him there twice, i had unsayable fears that would come back to haunt you.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
wow nice game vs linguini. lol @ choking at the edge when you dsmashed him there twice, i had unsayable fears that would come back to haunt you.
Ugh...Just rewatched it...It was probably because it was to determine who got into loser's finals, and I've never placed that high before...And it was MK. XD

match 2 Vs. Champ Was Epic.
He Just Wouldn't Die!

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Some vids from me against friends (friendlies)! Sorry if the quality's a bit low, it's the TV's fault... My camera is state of the art! :dizzy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TlwpH0VlH4 -- ZSS (me) vs. Lucario (S@nT)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=718liVhlhU8 -- ZSS (me) vs. DDD (Rated)

By the way, I know I got some kinks to work out, so don't remind me, lol... But, just to point it out, whenever I'm taking a fight seriously, I take it seriously. These are just friendlies, so don't judge me!

Adapt

Smash Lord
Ok, I updated the OP.

I think we have enough videos now that I can start highlighting the best we have to offer.
If anyone wants to nominate a video that deserves special recognition post it here just like I have it listed. And highlight it or something to it stands out.

Example: I would like to nominate Adapt(ZSS) vs Tutty(Bowser) 1

(I won't be nominating any vids, it's up to you guys to decide)

EDIT: missed the last vids in the update, I'll get them next time

FBM

Smash Apprentice
Thanks a lot smaci :)

Here's a tourney set against a good Metaknight player
(to be updated)

+ Snakeee (ZSS) vs. Dmbrandon (MK) 2/3
Good game. That gives me a lot of hope.

I love the jump-boosted up-B at 1:53 for more height on the edgeguard; I need to exploit the boost more in general and that's a particularly clever use of it

I'm starting to believe your claim that MK and ZSS go even. That guy was good (the duck on your whip @ 1:16 was priceless, especially considering how little MK's crouch helps him) and he pulled out all the usual MK stops (ok, he didn't spam nado), including a 4% gimp, but it did him no good.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Thanks guys, and yeah Circio that was the first hitbox of the forward B. It only worked because it's pretty easy to break the tornado's starting frames.

I'm almost done uploading the rest of that set. The last game is on Rainbow Cruise, which I'm glad because I want to show how she is good there and doesn't have to rely on tethering. And in teams, Dmbrandon counterpicked that stage thinking it would force me to switch characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom