• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~New~ SWF GYM! Newbies and New Years Resolution Peeps Wanted!

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh yah, the one in the city looks kinda suss from the outside. But that's just my opinion.

Am in so much pain from session with personal trainer today. Kinda makes me realise how much stronger I could be. May consider signing up to be punished more regularly. Probably going to be aching for a day or two now. Laaawwwl.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Turns out I really need to up my protein intake. I thought it was pretty high, pretty much everything I snack on is high in protein, but it turns out it still isn't even high enough.

But doing the calculations I've realised that it's going to be bloody expensive.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'll just randomly jump into this thread! :awesome:

I've been doing cherry pickers with 5-8 pounds medicine balls recently to get ride of some of my front lower torso fat (I didn't have that much belly fat). I found it wasn't getting ride of it quickly enough, so it made me frustrated. I decided to up the medicine ball to 15-20 pounds. That was a great decision. In the past 4 weeks almost all of my front lower torso fat is gone It's awesome! The only problem with this exercise is doing this for several minutes a day makes you feel like you're being punched in the chest all day.
[COLLAPSE="My next goals are to:"]
  • Get ride of my excess leg fat: I don't have a lot and it's not flaming unhealthy (I'm pretty dang skinny if you can't tell by my picture), but I want to get ride of it.
  • Do more upper body stretches: I know all kinds of lower body stretches (and my neck) and I do them often. Yet, I don't know many stretches that can improve my flexibility with my arms, torso (specifically above my hips).
  • Increase my upper front torso strength. I feel this part of my body is weaker than the rest of my body, or not getting stronger as fast as other parts of my body. I do about equal exercises with other parts of my body, but I'm not seeing as drastic results (although I have no fat there).
[/COLLAPSE]
Any suggested workouts, stretches, strategies in any of those areas=???
soda is probably one of the worst things you can put into yourself

foodwise at least
In middle school I used to drink up to 5 sodas a day. That is despite being a year round soccer player and being one of the best at my age group in my state (California). Then all that soda drinking did damage to my liver, and my (visible) health went to the crapper .I don't even know why I drank all that soda. I always hated the way they taste. :laugh:

Since then, I haven't had a soda in over 8 years now (aside from 100% natural and healthy ones on rare occasions).

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Speaking of Sodas, I tried that sparkling water stuff since I got a free meal at Schlotzky's yesterday. Never again. That stuff...I don't understand how people drink it.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
It's amazing! Try it with steak! And it cleanses your pallet extremely well.

*just made myself a steak dinner*

I'ts easy just salt and pepper on both sides and a table spoon of butter on top 2 mins before you pull em out.

But yea deff need to be eating more protein. My co-worker who is a professional body builder recommended liquid egg whites. Which are easy to drink straight from the carton and not hard on the stomach at all.

I'm sitting pretty at 180 lbs. Hopefully 200 lbs by the end of summer... we'll see
been ballin a lot... hopefully it dosent cut too much of my weight off...

JUST EAT MORE!

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
well after some more johns (namely, yet another foot injury cause by stupidity a month ago), I crept back up over 200 lbs when I swore I wouldn't. So I want to take exercise really seriously again. To keep me motivated, starting tomorrow and for at least a month I want to post in here at least once a day with whatever I did for the day, even if it's admitting I did nothing. Hopefully some people will join me in doing so, or at least comment on what I'm doing so I'm not talking to myself. Anyone else down?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Grabbing a big lunch and then later to curl land.

I got some gloves for my deadlift finally. I still don't fully understand the form, but at least the bar isn't slipping off my fingers now.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
well after some more johns (namely, yet another foot injury cause by stupidity a month ago), I crept back up over 200 lbs when I swore I wouldn't. So I want to take exercise really seriously again. To keep me motivated, starting tomorrow and for at least a month I want to post in here at least once a day with whatever I did for the day, even if it's admitting I did nothing. Hopefully some people will join me in doing so, or at least comment on what I'm doing so I'm not talking to myself. Anyone else down?
i'd be up for that.

give me something to keep interested.

had a really solid dead lift workout yesterday, managed 125x10 from a deficit. was using something called 'dry hands' which is like chalk-less chalk, which was awesome considering chalk is banned in my gym.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
My friend uses some sort of chalk like looking material for his feet. Dries his feet so he doesn't have to put on socks for his shoes.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
ok! Today I went to zumba class at the Y for 45 minutes, loll, kinda lackluster way to kick off the exercise month, but it's something. Also willed away the soda cravings and opted for a ginger ale, which I want to phase out as well. Tomorrow I'm gonna go liftin' with my buddy.

A3(PO4 3-)

Smash Apprentice
Woah guys, this is pretty darn impressive dedication, didn't know smash community had this. So who's the fittest smasher here?

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
Grabbing a big lunch and then later to curl land.

I got some gloves for my deadlift finally. I still don't fully understand the form, but at least the bar isn't slipping off my fingers now.
Use chalk. Chalk is so BADASS. When I cover my hands and see the little particles float in the air in front of me, IT'S ON! Clapping my hands and spreading it all over the mat pumps me up more than the best workout song can. It feels so RAW.

Gloves make gripping the bar harder.

Also they make you look like a ******.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Hmm...been going these last 3-4 days having at least one meal with red meat. Need to cut down.

Also, at my grocery store, these Rockin Refuel Chocolate Milk Protein Shakes were on sale for a dollar each. Will let you know what I think of them taste wise when I try them out later.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Woah guys, this is pretty darn impressive dedication, didn't know smash community had this. So who's the fittest smasher here?
Depends on what you mean by fittest. shmot is super cut, vermanubis is a beefcake, and there's a decent variety of smashers within that range. I'm pretty much right in the middle build-wise and consider myself very fit (or, I will at the end of the month) but idk what you'd call that.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Sure why not. Yesterday was rest day and I'll update on my chest day v.2 later today if I actually feel like going after class, which is mostly likely haha.

My friend uses some sort of chalk like looking material for his feet. Dries his feet so he doesn't have to put on socks for his shoes.
o_O Interesting. I'll have to look that up. Doesn't sound comfortable though. I guess if it prevents blisters then it's all good.

I still think everyone should post pictures.
Lots and lots of pictures.
Keep it in your pants.

:phone:
Hahaha, you guys are funny. I'll post pics only if everyone else does so.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Depends on what you mean by fittest. shmot is super cut, vermanubis is a beefcake, and there's a decent variety of smashers within that range. I'm pretty much right in the middle build-wise and consider myself very fit (or, I will at the end of the month) but idk what you'd call that.
Beefcake

LOOOOOL

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Also they make you look like a ******.
I would use chalk, but it's banned at my gym as well.

BUT WHAT NO

I love my gloves! I am YUGI

It's expensive and cottage cheese is disgusting.
Cottage cheese is amazing. That + yogurt, gained 10lbs on it easy. It's like tapioca - but I suppose you have to be accepting to that texture.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
saltiest johns ever:

Lifting buddy was sick and he's normally my carpool to class+gym so I took my car and it got a ****ing flat tire on the way in. Found out my car doesn't have a jack in it. Wasted over an hour waiting for a friend to bring a jack, then had to go to class and the day was gone..... I mad. Fridays are normally my off day so I'm gonna go in hard tomorrow.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
saltiest johns ever:

Lifting buddy was sick and he's normally my carpool to class+gym so I took my car and it got a ****ing flat tire on the way in. Found out my car doesn't have a jack in it. Wasted over an hour waiting for a friend to bring a jack, then had to go to class and the day was gone..... I mad. Fridays are normally my off day so I'm gonna go in hard tomorrow.
Lame. That's beyond your control though.

Did chest today. Flat, decline, incline, dumbell flexions for lower pec, and machine seated fly at low weight. Also did lateral dips, ab exercise w/medicine ball > pushups from the hip > crunchs (touch knees, down, touch shins, down, touch toes = 1) and looped back to medicine ball. Funny thing happened today. My gym finally finished renovations and got new equipment, though the amount of equipment didn't increase. So this new bench is a single free weight machine where you can slide and lock the bench and use a lever thing to change from incline to decline. So when I was doing decline, the bench was slide in too much and on set 2, while pushing up, the bar hit the bar holders and killed momentum... and I was stuck just below half way >.< Someone had to come over and help me lift the bar back up. Yea.... next up, delts, traps, lats, upper back. My long day.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't know if I'm getting bored with my workouts or that of late...mainly last week and this, I've had super long days (from early morning to late night) where I don't have a chance to nap. I normally workout around 10:30 pm too, and by the time I get there...I'm just...blahhhh.

Tonight I warmed up by shooting some hoops, and then went to the squat rack. Then did some one legged db squats (one leg on a bench), good mornings, and then planks. With that being said, after my first two squats...my energy levels were just obnoxiously low.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
didnt lift yesterday, since the gym was closed... today i'm going to try to get back into squats.

in a bit of a funk today though, since i've been doing too much self-diagnosing internet research. we'll see.

I would use chalk, but it's banned at my gym as well.

BUT WHAT NO

I love my gloves! I am YUGI

buy yourself some of this:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Had a productive workout. Went up on all my exercises. Had good energy. Warmed up by shooting hoops for about 30 minutes. Cooled down by shooting hoops for another 30-45. Brought a bottled protein shake to have after my workout. Was starving by then lol.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Gotta admit it's gutting that at max I can only do 2 days a week. I have to try and fit it in around work, it's much more difficult than you'd think.

But man I enjoy it though, after doing it for so long I actually look forward to Monday night it's weirdly fun to work out.

Top Bottom