• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
mêlée

also:
Wikipedia said:
Melee, from the French mêlée, or sometimes referred to as "brawl", generally refers to disorganized close combat involving a group of fighters.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
Attention Oregon Players!

There is an upcoming tournament that I believe could be in many of your interests:

Rogue Valley Smash (June 26)
Melee, Brawl and SSB64 tournaments are planned.

This is a tournament in Medford Oregon, just north of the CA/OR border on I-5.
It is a rare opportunity for the pacific Northwest of OR/WA to meet the players of California for whom Portland/Eugene are too far. I have players who are coming from as far away as Portland and Washington sate for this event, and who who are counting on players coming up from CA.

If you want a new experience for your next tournament, then I invite you to come to the first ever Rogue Valley Smash tournament.

(If you know anyone from NorCal who may be interested, I hope you can pass this along and get the word out)

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
I feel like california isn't going to come to this, not matter how close to the border it is. But cool, my cousin lives in grants pass, maybe I'll try to make him come to it.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
k well the people from sutherlin are coming. Anyone else is fine to come to my saturday. I'll probably get Mooch and Erik. I'll want to play some brawl, so brawl players are welcomed as well

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
Sutherlin is a 3 hour drive from Portland, no johns, you could drive to sutherlin and we'd take ya the rest of the way, there's currently... 3-5 open seats in my van... anyone want a ride that's on I5 between sutherlin and portland?

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Cactuarz, this is noregon. They john out of any type of traveling.

Medford is less than five hours from portland. And that's driving the speed limit. Chances are you'll be in a carpool with someone who drives more than the speed limit, to put it lightly.

keeper

Smash Champion
Sutherlin is a 3 hour drive from Portland, no johns, you could drive to sutherlin and we'd take ya the rest of the way, there's currently... 3-5 open seats in my van... anyone want a ride that's on I5 between sutherlin and portland?
None of us drive. None of us.

So what happens tomorrow.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Sutherlin is coming to play with me because I'm cool. Eugene is having their own silly local tournament thing. Otherwise they'd probably hop on coming with you guys.

Viviff come to my house tomorrow

5backsmack

Smash Cadet
Does anyone here live in NE portland or near that area cuz my friend and I want to practice alot before we go to the GG tournement since everyone here is a lot better than us. We both drive but arent willing to drive that far, and would rather find good people to practice against that live close enough so that we could play a few days a week. That being said I would host, if needed but I really dont want a ton of people to come. I live on 72nd and alameda if anyone lives near me. Only a few blocks away from Madison high school. anyone interested?

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Does anyone here live in NE portland or near that area cuz my friend and I want to practice alot before we go to the GG tournement since everyone here is a lot better than us. We both drive but arent willing to drive that far, and would rather find good people to practice against that live close enough so that we could play a few days a week. That being said I would host, if needed but I really dont want a ton of people to come. I live on 72nd and alameda if anyone lives near me. Only a few blocks away from Madison high school. anyone interested?
I live in SE Vancouver, which is like, sort of close.

5backsmack

Smash Cadet
If your up to play a couple times before the tournament that would be great. Ill talk to my friend about it he is about as good as I am if you remember how bad I was. Where do you wanna play at?

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
So... we wanted to kidnap keeper and smash with him at our leisure =D Jeff too, if only to be the johnbag =D. Thanks Gage for having us over, we'll definitely smash again with NOregon. 2 things... **** 3 hours driving is a long ways haha, and 2, totally worth it =D.

I wanted to stay, but work johns =( sigh, I should go to bed, thanks for having us guys! We'll try to stop by again when we can

Also, I wanna meet Eugene melee players if there are any, if not oh well, rocket(jason)/me typically have sun/mon/tue off so if Eugene hosts anything on those days there's a good chance we'll show (hint hint)

twilit_dragon

Smash Apprentice
Lol Johnbag? I wouldn't call it johning when your teammate just runs up to you and knees for you no reason.

Besides, I'm pretty good I think. I'm kind of even with Evan or Erik. >.>

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
ha, eugene 1 hour corvallis 2 hours portland 3 hours, from us =p we'd be down to smash when we get a chance ^_^

Rocket33r was sad that indegestible wad wasn't there, he likes to stomp the rodent =o.

I feel like I'm mad rusty against spacies, someone drill them into my G&W's memory?

keeper

Smash Champion
Lol Johnbag? I wouldn't call it johning when your teammate just runs up to you and knees for you no reason.

Besides, I'm pretty good I think. I'm kind of even with Evan or Erik. >.>
Johnbag=We blame things on you for no reason.

Also, you're even with my Ganon and Falco. :|

twilit_dragon

Smash Apprentice
Johnbag=We blame things on you for no reason.

Also, you're even with my Ganon and Falco. :|
You told me my Ganon is better.

Falco dittos mm?

Also that sheik dittos I got you to one stock bro. I can't remember if we played any others other than the FoD match.

keeper

Smash Champion
You told me my Ganon is better.

Falco dittos mm?

Also that sheik dittos I got you to one stock bro. I can't remember if we played any others other than the FoD match.
Sheik dittos are dumb, those are the only dittos I dislike.

I'd Falco ditto MM. I wasn't even talking about Ganon dittos, just whenever I use Ganon. Until you go 50/50 with my Sheik as Falco though, no.

twilit_dragon

Smash Apprentice
I swear I beat you in matches yesterday or got you to one stock with my falco vs your sheik.... x__x

Btw Vulcan or Grunt: Talk to Siglemic and play with him because he lives like 10 minutes away from you now or something.

Vulcan: Upload those videos already please.

mr_samsa

Smash Rookie
yeah, man. i live off of vancouver/russell in n portland. its right off i5 off of broadway/weidler area im only about 10 mins from you. also, i have a guy here i play with frequently near sandy and 57th, and he usually hosts. that would be cool to get the 4 of us together and get some good practice in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom