• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Smashfest at my place tomorrow! For those who want to know
52130 SW Bonnie Ln
Scappoose, OR 97056

Directions: From the intersection of 217 and 26 go either east or west, if you go east to portland, take the the St Hellens exit north (highway 30), if you go west take 185th street north to cornelius pass and take that to highway 30. Take that north until you get to scappoose, and at the third traffic light in town you should see a grocery outlet and an empty field, take a left (EM Watts road) and go straight up the first hill you see (Keys road). I'm the third house on the right up the hill. It's tan and there's a big garden in the yard.

If you want the highway, go through portland; if you want to go through over a windy hill, take cornelius pass.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
We like living on the edge Wad. We love sliding into other lanes and then almost crashing, but gaining control at the last minute. We LOVE EXCITEMENT

Zeroxius

Smash Lord
I think I'm gonna start Melee. Although playing Melee nonstop for a week reeaaally screwed up my play style, I think I can get used to switching back and forth if I play each an equal amount of time, close together.

debaser

Smash Lord
I think I'm gonna start Melee. Although playing Melee nonstop for a week reeaaally screwed up my play style, I think I can get used to switching back and forth if I play each an equal amount of time, close together.
what ever makes you think it will work

;) we'll be waiting for u baby

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Zerox! You should come to corvallis smashfests on friday nights. I'm sure people there will show you te ropes. You can even play against my friend nathan, who's new to the scene too.

The first thing I would say is discourage you from using pikachu in brawl and melee. They both play very differently even though the feel the same, and that'll screw you up a lot more.

Zeroxius

Smash Lord
Zerox! You should come to corvallis smashfests on friday nights. I'm sure people there will show you te ropes. You can even play against my friend nathan, who's new to the scene too.

The first thing I would say is discourage you from using pikachu in brawl and melee. They both play very differently even though the feel the same, and that'll screw you up a lot more.
Of course! I decided when I started any smash competitively that I won't have any cross-generation characters. I quit Marth in Brawl in favor of Melee. I also picked up Mario and Falcon, because they are two characters that I used to play as a scrub, so I know them very well.

But there are a select few things that I just HATE about melee. One is that you don't ledge snap at all, and you have to be facing towards the stage to grab the ledge anyway. Getting used to an airdodge that you can control the direction, but you go into special fall after is really annoying, and will take some getting used to. Characters fall too fast.

I ****ing hate the C stick though. It's not as sensitive as I would like it to be. Neither is the analog stick. I can't powershield then easily turn around and grab like I like to. You can't turn around fast and stay in the same place as easy, so I can't turn around grab, spot dodge and counter, and powershielding is way harder to do.

I love how the gameplay is fast. Really just sucks you into the gameplay. I love how marth is so good too, his grab range is incredible, and spacing is deadly. There's no hitlag, and it's easier to edgeguard. Technical skill has to be much higher to play well than in Brawl. Spikes are badass.

Overall, I love Melee. It's just I hate johning because Brawl is so different. =(

I'll prolly spend the first two weeks playin hardcore scrub against scrubs on purpose like I do with every game that I play the first time just to get used to the different feel. Then I'll prolly start AT's and stuff, then I'll try a Melee tourney!

I just hope playing Melee doesn't permanently screw up my Brawl playstyle.

cutter

Smash Champion
Rakurai, we need to hook up ASAP when I get back up to Monmouth when school starts next week.

EDIT: Cactuarz, I see you :). Smash tomorrow sometime? I'll text you whenever basically.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
sorry cutter i work tomorrow. and the next day... and the next day... but i get a promotion tomorrow and start working overnights on the first. so we could hang for a couple hours saturday

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
uhhh I was talking to a couple people about this and it came out as...

1/2/3 Juce/Gage/Baloon
4/5 Keeper/Cactuarz (I think keeper, someone else thinks me...i say keeper XD)

Also up there is allen for sure <3 that sexy falcon. (I'ma eat your soul)

Zeroxius

Smash Lord
It doesn't screw me up, but I play yoshi, who is totally different from most other characters in brawl.
I mean the universal actions like when to air dodge or roll. When I switched back to Brawl, I was really spamming rolls and not airdodging.

It's fine now, but I just don't want it to be a problem.

Edit: Love your sig Wad! XD

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Binx is pretty good too. Debaser, Gheb, Surreal, Rocket33r, Kazuki. Those are the best I can think of other than the ones you listed. Not in any particular order.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Jesse still plays. He just lives in the bottom of nowhere so he can't go to smash tournaments. At a recentish tournament me and him beat shane and jem in doubles.

Bart doesn't have very many people to play in Eugene and doesn't like traveling anywhere for smash

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
I mean the universal actions like when to air dodge or roll. When I switched back to Brawl, I was really spamming rolls and not airdodging.

It's fine now, but I just don't want it to be a problem.

Edit: Love your sig Wad! XD
I don't know why you'd be spamming more rolls in melee compared to brawl. Lack of tech skill causes you to rely on more newbie techniques perhaps? I feel that if I play one game for a long time, it takes me one or two games on the other to get back into the swing of things. You'll get used to it.

I think I'm at the same level as gheb. I beat him consistently with peach.

Zeroxius

Smash Lord
I don't know why you'd be spamming more rolls in melee compared to brawl. Lack of tech skill causes you to rely on more newbie techniques perhaps? I feel that if I play one game for a long time, it takes me one or two games on the other to get back into the swing of things. You'll get used to it.

I think I'm at the same level as gheb. I beat him consistently with peach.
Well, I guess so. I mean, I choose to not look up anything on my character until two weeks from now, so it makes sense. I'm kinda playing pseudo-scrub Marth atm.

Ah well. That's just the way I do it! :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom