• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
my new years resolution... complete these video games i started in years past but never finished.
Games to finish

Okami
Final fantasy 12
Final fantasy 3
Final fantasy 5
(Completed) DKCR
Castlevania SoTN
Edgeworth game
Castlevania Lament of Innocence
Touhoumon
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
Fire Emblem Wii

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
dunno about the weekend. Mofat will be coming up on like monday and staying until like Friday or something. You're free to come over at any point

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Personally I think Marth is better than Sheik. Recently though, Sheik has done a lot better than Marth, so that makes sense.

Ganon should be above Doc

Surreal

Smash Ace
if we're gonna include people as far as ganon, then marth is definitely better against doc and ic's though.

sheik gets cg'd so hard by both of them lol

Binx

Smash Master
uhhh I was talking to a couple people about this and it came out as...

1/2/3 Juce/Gage/Baloon
4/5 Keeper/Cactuarz (I think keeper, someone else thinks me...i say keeper XD)

Also up there is allen for sure <3 that sexy falcon. (I'ma eat your soul)
good list, I think I'd go about even with most of those people as well.

Pita

Smash Apprentice
if we're gonna include people as far as ganon, then marth is definitely better against doc and ic's though.

sheik gets cg'd so hard by both of them lol
They're more or less even on the tier list anyway, so it doesn't really matter too much.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Well, there is really no point in arguing with me about Marth vs. Sheik because my personal opinion is that Sheik is the best in the game. Better than Fox, Falco and Puff. Thats just me though.

Pita

Smash Apprentice
Well, there is really no point in arguing with me about Marth vs. Sheik because my personal opinion is that Sheik is the best in the game. Better than Fox, Falco and Puff. Thats just me though.
Sheik ***** almost everything except the top tiers. But that still doesn't make her the best. Fox/Falco/Puff are overall better though.

keeper

Smash Champion
Sheik has a hard time against:
Fox
Falco
Jigglypuff
Ice Climbers
Doc
Mario
Peach

To be specific, I'd generally say the match-ups are about (without specifying stages):
Fox 65:35 Sheik
Falco 50±5:50±5 Sheik
Jigglypuff 55:45 Sheik
Ice Climbers 65:35 Sheik (probably exaggerating)
Doc 50±5:50±5 Sheik
Mario 50:50 Sheik
Peach 55±5:45±5 Sheik (this uncertainty accounts for Sheik potentially being better, I don't think Peach would be better ever than 55)

I can explain all of these easily and in depth, but most people don't ask my opinions. Just ask specifics if you're curious, really.

Allen, I feel you're quite biased from playing against me. I would summarize that match-up at 60:40 in Sheik's favor, simply because a Falcon in control is a Falcon ahead. It's like Sheik versus Fox, whoever is in control has the major upperhand, but Sheik can stop Falcon's control more easily than Falcon can stop Sheik's, just as Fox can more easily stop Sheik's control than Sheik can stop Fox's (and his control is easier to maintain and initiate).

Jigglypuff is definitely not better than Fox or Falco. I wouldn't really say better than Sheik or Marth. She's just one of the trickiest match-ups in the game. Jiggs can be played generally the same against almost all characters. However, as a character that isn't Jigglypuff or Peach, you have to treat her much more differently and take a much more wary approach. Too many people autopilot or they choke, and choking against Jigglypuff easily results in losing a stock due to her having of of the best two punishes in the game. Not to mention her bair is pretty ********, but I don't think she's really better than sheik or Marth, just no par with them and around them. Also, not being able to really gimp her in a traditional manner adds to how different she is.

I don't exactly remember the new tier list, but I firmly believe Fox and Falco are the best, with Fox being better. Falco has a variable recovery and can be tricky, but it's still a much more limited window than Fox's. Marth, currently, has massive under representation and is about on par with Sheik, I'm not sure and I don't care who is favored overall. Sheik has the favor over Marth, but Marth has the favor against almost all other characters that aren't low tiers except Falcon and Ganondorf. Ganondorf does much better against Sheik than people give him credit for.

Et Cetera.

keeper

Smash Champion
I think that Sheik is Jigglypuff second worst match up
I talked with one of my smasher friends about it, and he was surprised that I put Sheik with such a high ratio.

Sheik easily punishes bad DI from Jiggs off of dthrow, but Sheik cannot gimp her in any conventional way. There's also the fact that Jigglypuff absolutely negates Sheik even trying to recover in almost every way and you can just duck under Sheik's grab, crouch cancel Sheik's ftilt/dtilt for a free fsmash, and can DI a dthrow well enough to the point where really all I can get for certain is a weak bair.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
sheik is easy for jiggs o.o bthrow near edge, duck, and DI'ing out of throws the correct way makes it a horrid sheik matchup. And allen, when i say falcon is low tier... i mean he's as worthless as link <3

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
If Fox Sheik is 65:35 in Fox's favor, then Sheik Falcon is at least 80:20 in Sheik's Favor. Falcon gets techchased practically to death and gets ledge guarded easy as ****.

Edit: The only time Fox is the best character is with practically flawless techskill.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Sheik doesn't need to do anything but needle camp Jigglypuff. There is also no safe DI out of the dthrow. If you try dying behind Sheik. If the Sheik is good enough it's still a guaranteed up air. Which kills Jiggs at like 85%.

I'm not saying that this match up is **** for sheik. Since I think Jiggs only terrible match up is Fox. I'd still say if the Sheik is playing really precise and campy. Not trying to be a ****** with her approaches. Then it's 60/40 Sheiks favor. If the Sheik player doesn't know the matchup. Which makes sense since Sheik players are harder to find than Jigglypuff players. I don't think most Sheiks know the match up

Pita

Smash Apprentice
Puff vs Sheik is in Sheik's favor? Seriously?

Sheik is so easy to edgeguard for Puff, and Sheik can't gimp Puff like she can against almost everyone else. Though it is true that most people don't know how to play against Puff.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff can gimp every character except like Peach. And can't be gimped by any character except Fox if the Jigglypuff is bad and Falco if the Jigglypuff is bad. When a match starts, the characters aren't instantly off stage. I don't think it's a good idea to view a match up based purely off of how easy they are to edgeguard. On certain stages I'd say it's in Jiggs favor. I'd dare say out of the neutrals, FD is probably Sheiks worst stage against her. Since without the platforms it's pretty hard to needle camp. RC would be another bad stage.

keeper

Smash Champion
If Fox Sheik is 65:35 in Fox's favor, then Sheik Falcon is at least 80:20 in Sheik's Favor. Falcon gets techchased practically to death and gets ledge guarded easy as ****.

Edit: The only time Fox is the best character is with practically flawless techskill.
Playing a simple Fox is pretty much just as effective, if not more, in the general case. Especially considering it makes you less likely to botch something or suicide.

Falcon combos Sheik incredibly well, it's just that Sheik can more easily control the match-up.

Sheik doesn't need to do anything but needle camp Jigglypuff. There is also no safe DI out of the dthrow. If you try dying behind Sheik. If the Sheik is good enough it's still a guaranteed up air. Which kills Jiggs at like 85%.

I'm not saying that this match up is **** for sheik. Since I think Jiggs only terrible match up is Fox. I'd still say if the Sheik is playing really precise and campy. Not trying to be a ****** with her approaches. Then it's 60/40 Sheiks favor. If the Sheik player doesn't know the matchup. Which makes sense since Sheik players are harder to find than Jigglypuff players. I don't think most Sheiks know the match up
If you DI it right, I can't hit you with a uair easily at all. Jigglypuff has ******** edeguarding against Sheik, I'd argue even more so than against spacies since her recovery is incredibly predictable in all cases.

It does depend a lot on the stage as you said. I entirely agree that FD and RC are horrible for Sheik in this match-up (same with Mute City, but **** that stage in all cases). It's really not too difficult for Jigglypuff to just crouch and avoid needles or shield the angled ones. It's a matter of positioning. However, a lot of what the current Sheik metagame revolves around is tech chasing or getting the character off the stage as fast as possible and abusing their recovery. Not to mention utilt->rest is ****ing dumb.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
To change the subject, there will be a Corvallis Smashfest this Friday at 6:00pm in Wilson main lounge. Bring setups, etc.

On topic, I have always hated Sheik.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
sheik fox isn't bad. jiggs sheik isn't bad. also allen you guys are having a smashfest sunday the 16'th because sutherlin will be there. Be sure to have your weekend homework done by then =o

Surreal

Smash Ace
lol at eric's bluntness. if someone's heading down for it from portland ish, I can pitch in a little money for gas. ._.

(this applies for both this friday and when sutherlin comes up)

Pita

Smash Apprentice
I could probably come to Corvallis on the weekend of the 16th. I'd be able to spend the rest of the weekend with a friend afterwards too.

Could give rides, but... you'd have to find your own way back to Portland if you don't want to stay two nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom