• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

T1MMY

Smash Apprentice
It's not dead, just taking a breather from all the epic posts.

Also, Whitty is driving up to BestBout afaik. If you're interested in going for Melee I could inquire about any open seats if you'd like. Take note that she drives very, very slowly so we wouldn't get back until very late.

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
With how terrifying the last drive was slow is fine. Possibly, let me know the details if it's available. Not sure though, trying to save a bit of cash and wasn't really planning on traveling for smash til I am a bit better. I've definitely improved since the last one, but not sure if I want to go quite yet.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
I played some project M with Banana and Spartamus up in WA on Wednesday. That game is so tight. It's kinda weird, but all the characters are seemingly awesome. I really liked Pit. Links arrows are ****ing awesome also. Fox feels weird as ****. Also, Charizard is filthy as I have said. Ben is really good with him.

d0ct3r_d3c3

Smash Rookie
falco is hella gay. yo, lets do some smashing here in oregon. me and a couple homies are looking for some peeps to play against

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Best Bout was awesome, great matches to everyone I played!

According to sspd I am the 13th best player in Oregon, and I stopped playing in 2009... I disagree. Also, if anyone knows bb T.O.s, "yoshi" = "purpletuce", please tell them.

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
Best Bout was awesome, great matches to everyone I played!

According to sspd I am the 13th best player in Oregon, and I stopped playing in 2009... I disagree. Also, if anyone knows bb T.O.s, "yoshi" = "purpletuce", please tell them.
Oh, I'll have to keep that in mind. I totally mistook you for another player.

The Jizzard

Smash Journeyman
@cat not really that great of attendance. Wanna say like 11 people for singles and only 3 teams for doubles. Jesse and jonny werent on the list because they didnt show up to the tournament.

All that being said I still had fun, though I wish I had played better :/

:phone:

debaser

Smash Lord
Hey guys, how's it going? From what I can tell, Oregon seems shockingly active. Even Eugene has tournaments now, crazy. Good job owning pools at NWM.

I miss smash, but I'm excited to play in Europe later this year :D

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Oh, I'll have to keep that in mind. I totally mistook you for another player.
Considering the SSPD matches players to their profile names here, we're going to have to make sure players start using their actual tags when signing up. This also makes it a lot easier on the TO because then we can just use the "Import Player List" option to automatically generate a list of the regulars that come to the events.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Hey guys, how's it going? From what I can tell, Oregon seems shockingly active. Even Eugene has tournaments now, crazy. Good job owning pools at NWM.

When/where are these fabled Eugene tournaments? And are they Melee? I don't play Barwl.

JonnyW

Smash Ace

Zomg Debaser I miss you. Come back to meeeee

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
...you can blame it all on me. (Que the musical) So, does anyone know how the ssbpd works? Is it more accurate at higher levels of play and with more matches in? After I posted earlier I looked at my match history, I found out I only have two recorded matches (both in the Eugene tournament a month and a half ago,, roughly), a loss to Ratking and a loss to a falco named PORO. Based on these matches, ssbpd claims I am ranked above Ratking... I am confused.

God with a Wavebird

Smash Apprentice

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
How many people enter the Melee tournament and how long do these last? From the page you linked it looks like the whole tournament lasts 1 hour? I am in Lincoln City so driving 5 hours total for 1 hours of play is pretty meh...

Also, $5 venue fee and $5 tournament fee = 100% rake. If you're going to have a venue fee of $5 the entry fee should be at least $10. Not that I'd probably win anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Eugene has melee tournaments almost every Sunday. There's no buy in or venue fee, we just play for fun and bragging rights. Anyone can come, as long as they're chill. More info: http://www.facebook.com/groups/283358348346303/438139086201561/

We are morally against Brawl.
How many people go to these and how long do you play? I am willing to drive to events but not if they last like 1-2 hours.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
The monthly tournaments generally run all day from when they start until either people start leaving which is generally around 7 or 8, or sometimes we have had to actually leave the venue cause they're closing. But it's definitely not just one or 2 hours. Also if it's a good turnout for this tournament which it should be cause I wanna see a crew battle between eugene and corvallis, we might get arouind 30ish people.

wqqqqwrt

Smash Cadet
...you can blame it all on me. (Que the musical) So, does anyone know how the ssbpd works? Is it more accurate at higher levels of play and with more matches in? After I posted earlier I looked at my match history, I found out I only have two recorded matches (both in the Eugene tournament a month and a half ago,, roughly), a loss to Ratking and a loss to a falco named PORO. Based on these matches, ssbpd claims I am ranked above Ratking... I am confused.
yo that falco named PORO is me that name was experimental my real name is wqqqqwrt which is what I will be running by in the future.
also obligatory add me on League - wqqqqwrt (ps I rarely play normals as they are a waste of time imo)

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
So next sunday is my birthday. Since there is a tournament in eugene, and my sister lives in eugene, I'm planning on having at least a little celebration that doesn't involve smash. At the very least I want to grab lunch with my sister. I will be able to drive a carpool of one or two people (unless someone enjoys riding in the back of a truck. I'll be either going down on friday and we can practice with corvallis, then drive back saturday night after the tournament (I think everything happens in the evening); or I'll drive down on saturday and come back sunday probably afternoon. Basically not a blitz carpool, and you guys either need to find something to do in eugene or join me for birthday lunch. It's not a big deal or anything, I just want to figure out the weekend since its my birthday. Fun huh?

Also, is this a run-on sentence? The skarn itself is a metasomatic alteration of limestone on the left lateral limb of an anticline related to the Yerington intrusive complex. I count four prepositions.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Can anyone house me and 3 Washington friends (and possibly Gage) the friday before the Eugene tournament? Be it in Eugene or around here, either way is fine.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
All right! I can count!

Also, as an added bonus, the sentence is wrong. The anticline is not related to the Yerington intrusive complex, but is rather a consequence of the convergence of the pacific and north american plates. The Yerington intrusive complex came afterward as accretion moved the seashore westward and the subducting plate became low enough to melt and create magma. Limestone is bendy.

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
Also I thought 'metasomatic alteration' was redundant because you could just say 'metasomatism.' But a google search for 'metasomatic alteration' yields plenty of results, so either it's legit or people just like to sound smart. Because come on, metasomatic alteration sounds pretty hardcore.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom