• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Washington was hella **** talking. Makes me want to get better faster.
This is definitely not a general WA thing. I think despite how silly he can be, Shane is mad respectful (He even made a comment to me about peoples lack of it, that I found really interesting coming from his abrasive self). Otto as well. Teddy as well, even though he can come a cross as condescending, is mad nice, and usually actually trying to help. Mike aka Zeru is ****ing awesome. There are just a bunch of newer players that seem to think real highly of themselves, and in turn act like douchebags because of it.

In general it was really pleasant to see WA come down, and we will definitely be goming up there At the start of next month. People that still wanna go, lemme know ASAP so we can get this all organized. I wish I had played better, I even went through all the proper steps pre-tournament to have a good day. Ate well, slept well etc... I just wasn't feeling it from the get go, and it was hard to try to snap out of it all day. Dealing with this is just part of being a better player, and I need to go to more tournaments especially now.

And yeah, get mad, and get better. We all should be making strides to improve rapidly. This is what I was saying after we came back from GC.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
In general it was really pleasant to see WA come down, and we will definitely be goming up there At the start of next month. People that still wanna go, lemme know ASAP so we can get this all organized.
I wanna go, I have gas money and such.

LOL iceman is sucha ***, I took him out of winners bracket, and he raged so hard and threw his controller. Then binx took him out and he raged even more. Not to mention hes like one of the nerdiest looking smashers I've ever seen
Yeah hes the only Washington smasher who wasn't chill. Everyone else was mad cool.

Edit:Mango just won ROM4

hahaha. yea sorry about what iceman said, he was alone in his sentiments.

id also like to say that the main reason he said something like that is cuz we always give him **** like that, so hes a bit desensitized to crude humor. im sure he has nothing against oregon =P

had fun playing you guys and hanging out in oregon.

And yeah, get mad, and get better. We all should be making strides to improve rapidly. This is what I was saying after we came back from GC.
glad to hear this. some of you guys surprised me so i look forward to seeing what you guys can do in the future

@ binx, trust me, you are incredibly far off from teddy and i wouldnt count on beating him for at least a couple years of good practice, just sayin. most people usually only try as hard as they need to.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
yeah lmao i was there with some oregon dudes watching iceman vs brick and he said something pretty stupid lol and i attempted to apologize after that set to those dudes i was talkin to.

this tourney was a ton of fun guys, plus the venue was mad cute. Hope to see you guys coming to the dec gc.

Binx

Smash Master
We'll see otto ^_^ Teddy is ****ing good, but I can see whats coming, I'm just not crisp enough to stop him, if I get that and he still beats me the same then I'll see that. No johns though, hes ****.

"most people usually only try as hard as they need to."

i wouldnt gauge teddys skill the way you are. his ability to adapt is still a complete mystery to you because you arent at level near competing with him.

DrunkenMaster

Smash Rookie
First off, all you guys are the ****.
More importantly however, Happy birthday to the greatest game of all time. This world has yet to make a better one.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Btw, how many people here know about Custom Robo (for the GC)? I'm thinking of showcasing it as a side-tournament if I start my tournament series again.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Until I hear back from Guardian Games, I have to find another venue, I'm kinda tired of having to go through x number of Magic/Pogeymanz/Warhammer tournaments to get a spot for my own.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
Until I hear back from Guardian Games, I have to find another venue, I'm kinda tired of having to go through x number of Magic/Pogeymanz/Warhammer tournaments to get a spot for my own.
thats understandable, we just want more tournaments. If you had your series once a month then North Oregon would have 2 tournaments a month. And that would be kick ***

ChinesePanda777

Smash Apprentice
I hope the WA dudes keep coming. It's super fun to see really good, nationals-caliber players at the game. Might actually motivate me to try and get better haha.

Iceman's alright. His loss to Min was harsh at the end when he SD'd, so I can understand his frustration. He was pretty chill in friendlies.

also glitching out zelda is awesome
Truth. I'll get better at that hopefully and actually show something off next time haha.

me and andy (the prime) are moving into our friends house during the winter and were gonna host tourneys there. so WA will prob have 2 a month.

after seeing that oregon still has a healthy seen well prob end up comin down a lot more. northwest is bout to make a come up

cmin

Smash Ace
me and andy (the prime) are moving into our friends house during the winter and were gonna host tourneys there. so WA will prob have 2 a month.

after seeing that oregon still has a healthy seen well prob end up comin down a lot more. northwest is bout to make a come up
Are you still gonna be in seattle area? or is it closer to portland?

ThePrime

Smash Lord
^
The house is in tukwila which is 20 min south of seattle so yeah it is closer to portland. The northwest region is about to explode once we start our tourny series. I can tell that a majority of oregon's players can definitely get better if you just play more and go to tournies etc.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Phil, don't dilute your tournament series with an old GCN title just because you've recently become interested in it. Smashers come to play Smash and if they're going to get lured into playing something else haphazardly it will probably be something new like SSF4:AE2012 or UMvC3. Feel free to ask around if anyone is interested in playing Custom Robo, but don't just throw it into your tournament as an event on a whim.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Phil, don't dilute your tournament series with an old GCN title just because you've recently become interested in it. Smashers come to play Smash and if they're going to get lured into playing something else haphazardly it will probably be something new like SSF4:AE2012 or UMvC3. Feel free to ask around if anyone is interested in playing Custom Robo, but don't just throw it into your tournament as an event on a whim.
Why not? MKW was the side at Best Bout (and that has like what, 7 entrants in it?), I don't see the harm esp. if the turnout is relatively small lol. That's what I thought the point of a side tourney.

If there's not enough interest, I'll leave it out, simple as that.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
I agree. Honestly smash tournament side events SHOULD be low tier singles and doubles. So many people would enter that if it was cheap. (like a few bucks) Why play other games when you can make more smash events?

Me too man! Hopefully we'll get more next time.
For sure, maybe ill come down to Corvallis if theres an event or something.

cmin

Smash Ace
Who's looking to go to Best Bout tomorrow for friendlies? People should go more often to practice and get better, aka you binx cuz you never go aka im gonna pick you up tmr

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
lol aka YOU Minh, you like just started coming. Since I've lived here, anyway. I don't think I can come tomorrow though cause I'm leaving town till Saturday. I'll try though.

:phone:

Binx

Smash Master
Oregon PR Panel Presents

Oregons Top 10

• Gage | 1.2
  • Jesse | 1.8
  • Binx | 3.2
  • Minh | 3.6
  • Ratking | 5.2
  • Jonny | 6.4
  • Keeper | 6.6
  • Foos | 8.2
  • Bird | 8.6
  • AlienAllen | 10

Everyone in the PR panel group created their own top 10 list based on their own opinions and qualifications the results were then averaged to give you the above listing. The lower the number the better you were ranked on average.

Interestingly enough no one in the top 10 wasn't on everyone's list and for the most part everyone was within 1 placement 1 way or the other on all 5 lists. There is a good chance this is the most accurate list we can have right now. Players like Minh and I, or Foos and Bird were so closely rated that a single change would have changed the positions on this list, therefor I would consider anyone in the same number relatively equal.

thats tight. you should enter at gc then. it would be nice having a puff main in our region

id prob stop giving you **** too lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom