• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

keeper

Smash Champion
Saying people win because they play Fox/Falco is pathetic.
You play Falcon and Fox.
As soon as you get to the same level with your Fox as your Falcon, you'll see that you'll have much more success in every regard with Fox. You'll never get a kill at 4% as Falcon that the opposition can't help and you'll never be able to run away for 4 minutes while still doing damage and you'll never have a disjointed one frame move or a usmash that makes part of you invincible that kills on its backswing when you missed [with Falcon]. The only combo move you have that also kills is knee.

I was talking with Carlos way back at TP4 (he's a WA player) after he was playing really well in friendlies. He talked about how he feels Fox most easily controls the stage and other characters after getting a hit and I couldn't agree more.

Come play with me December 16-Christmas-ish.
I see you Keeper
Where?

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
You play Falcon and Fox.
As soon as you get to the same level with your Fox as your Falcon, you'll see that you'll have much more success in every regard with Fox. You'll never get a kill at 4% as Falcon that the opposition can't help and you'll never be able to run away for 4 minutes while still doing damage and you'll never have a disjointed one frame move or a usmash that makes part of you invincible that kills on its backswing when you missed [with Falcon]. The only combo move you have that also kills is knee.

I was talking with Carlos way back at TP4 (he's a WA player) after he was playing really well in friendlies. He talked about how he feels Fox most easily controls the stage and other characters after getting a hit and I couldn't agree more.

Where?
The only reason I would even consider picking up Fox would be to play against Sheik. My Fox gets ***** hard.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
If you are come by my house sometime before then plz. I'll play melee with you while you're here, and I can give you 5 bucks to give to yugo.
better yet, I think I might not be able to get a car, so if my plate isn't too big, I might just walk -> chillax at your house and do maylee, and then give the $5 to Yugo when I (hopefully) come to his tournament on Saturday.

btw guys, sorry that LOST hasn't been happening lately, I'm trying to find a venue that's more gaming oriented, because trying to work around a schedule for a venue that's mostly about card games/board games is kinda tedious lol.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
You play Falcon and Fox.
The knee is defiantly not the only kill move, all of falcons aerials kill (even his nair in the right positions). And who dies all the time at 4%? Cause i defiantly don't. Falcons are more likely to live to higher percents then even Peach and Samus. SS lives to almost 200% every stock.

Its true that fox has good stage control, but falcon has the ability to get a single grab off and kill his opponent (which can give him complete control of the match instantly). Falcon is fast enough to put constant pressure on his opponent with spaced nairs and bairs while being able to grab somebody while they're shielding or if they roll. Fox and Falcon both have great stage control, fox just puts pressure on with shines and nairs, while falcon does it with grabs nairs and grabs (sometimes gentleman as a pseudo shine). If a falcon can read you 100% of the time theres no escape from one grab, stomp, or nair.

btw guys, sorry that LOST hasn't been happening lately, I'm trying to find a venue that's more gaming oriented, because trying to work around a schedule for a venue that's mostly about card games/board games is kinda tedious lol.
WE WANT MORE TOURNAMENTS!
Besides the PR, Oregon really needs to focus on getting more people into the community. Everybody needs to bring they're friends and make them enter the tournament.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
The last time we played you held out your hand and then withdrew it before I could do anything to ask Izayah if it was Bo3 or Bo5. It felt pretty damn awful.
This was obviously an accident than. Sorry if that hurt you. I wouldn't ever do that on purpose unless it is Jesse, and only in the most joking of circumstances. He would understand.

Arrogance is picking Pichu against someone when you're up in a set and already won. It was a reflection to more of how you've spoken to me at Smashfests and when I felt like you faked me out on the handshake, but maybe I just misread your tone or something happened, though I don't think you had any reason to be mad/hate me back then since I'd literally never said a thing to you.
I don't remember ever playing Pichu against you, especially in a tournament set. Also we have hardly spoke, the only time you have tried, is RIGHT when I saw aftermath for the first time in 5 years or so. You were trying to interject in the conversation, but saying things pretty irrelevant to the conversation. I didn't really know how to respond other than ignore you and keep talking to someone I haven't seen in ages. And again, the handshake was obviously not a fake out. Several times, and the time before I played you in tournament, I went for the handshake, and have had people say "it's best of 5" I was just confirming it. After confirming in the hear of the moment I forgot to go back in for it. Still doesn't justify throwing your controller.

Maybe I am an arrogant ******* and I do have a ****ty attitude. I hate losing, that's pretty apparent
Well, get used to it. That is the only way to get better, is to lose. No one in Oregon is really good by any stretch. We have a lot of players with genuinely potential, but that is the way it has always been. We have been playing A LOT at Jesse's and I am trying to organize carpools to GC as soon as possible, because these are the measures you take to get good. Losing to people better than you, and accepting it regardless of circumstances (especially when it happens over and over), is part of the process of becoming a genuinely good player, and realizing any potential you may have.

I will admit that it feels really bad playing for three years to have someone come back after not playing at all (you don't play like you're rusty at all, if that's a compliment) and having that individual walk all over you.
I spent at least that much time playing when I used to play, and although I came back into a fresh meta game, I had spent so much time traveling the country playing, that what experience I did have from all that wasn't going to go away. And yes, I was very rusty, now that I am catching up on the current meta game (still rusty, and inexperienced with the new meta), things are changing a lot for me, but I still wouldn't say I have come close to catching up enough to warrant going to a national or anything. I was thinking of going to APEX, but there is no point. I have been playing again 2 months and need more time to improve in order to make it worth it.

"Hey, I think you're kind of a ****," doesn't solve anything. I don't think that would even be a fair statement to make since it's only my opinion after certain bias cases and I doubt the sentiment would be echoed on any level..
You seem to have a lot to say on the boards. Why not say those things. These posts on a public forum are dumb. If this setting is the only way you can muster some sort of response, then I think the conversation is moot anyway. You don't have to tell me I am a ****, even though I know that. I was merely suggesting to try to make your point in person, or refrain altogether.

It's legitimately depressing me because this game and series has been a part of my life since I was about 8. I don't want to give it up
Then don't. I traveled the country knowing I would see ****ty people I didn't like (chillin, undisputed RIP) but I still went because I enjoyed it. And for every ****ty person, there were several that I wanted to see, and liked.

That is all I am going to respond to. These points I found worth addressing in order to help maybe come to some resolution or something. If any further points are made, I will be happy to address them, but I am not going to argue with you about stuff that is unproductive and only going to make you or me mad.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
It's a pain trying to catch up with the thread and having to wade through a long-winded argument.

@Jonny
I don't enter Melee tournaments, so whether I would use Kirby or not this weekend is sort of moot. XD
It's double-moot because I have no ride to Best Bout, as well.

But, yeah, rep that Kirbeh for me! (even if it's for a single game)

DrunkenMaster

Smash Rookie
Whos going to BB today? :D

Edit: won't be able to make it to the saturday one. I keep getting swamped with work n stuff. :( Trying to show up more, I promise lol

Binx

Smash Master
I'm still going to be there saturday but I am gonna have to miss tonight again, I have a HUGE programming assignment and I don't even know if I will be able to get that done in time T.T

I've been getting some smash in with Minh but I really miss the weekly, hopefully I can start attending again soon, definitely will be going to all of them during the winter break.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
Chinesepanda are you coming to BB on Saturday?

Edit:It would be super cool if Minh could come tonight, I really wanna play him.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
Good games tonight. It was really good playing you Minh, lol at comebacks.

edit:keeper was not there and that made me disappointed.

cmin

Smash Ace
Good games tonight. It was really good playing you Minh, lol at comebacks.

edit:keeper was not there and that made me disappointed.
That was super fun, Been a while since we've played. Hella close matches. Your come back was hella scary lol, I thought i had it for sure that game.

See you all saturday, ggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom