• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surreal

Smash Ace
Come to my house and I'll still teach you stuff and give you practice.

Melee to me is no longer about Melee, it's about you guys, my friends.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
you should enter and go all Kirby. We need more Kirby in the bracket
No one should play Kirby and there should be fewer Kirbys in the bracket. He's such a bad character, I don't know what Sakurai was thinking when he ruined the adorable pink puff we all love.

However, I'll play Kirby in SSB all you want. :)

JonnyW

Smash Ace
No one should play Kirby and there should be fewer Kirbys in the bracket. He's such a bad character, I don't know what Sakurai was thinking when he ruined the adorable pink puff we all love.

However, I'll play Kirby in SSB all you want. :)
Im gonna go Kirby in the bracket then, if you wont.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
It's the weekend where dads come down and visit their kids and osu has a whole bunch of dad related things to do. It's kind of like father's day, but it's at a completely different time of year. Allen and paul will be doing stuff with their dad, and since allen is the one with the car down there, there won't be anyone coming, unless brick and vox hitch a ride with eugene again.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
No you won't. No one will because it's actually the worst possible idea anyone could have while playing Melee.

On that note, why do I go Pichu and Kirby in friendlies?

The weekend where **** Batman.
Dude i so will though, not all tourney but probably for a match.
annnnnd the weekend where **** batman? hahaha im more unsure about it

cmin

Smash Ace
Corvallis smash, I'm gonna be down there tomorrow (tuesday) for a meeting. I'll be down to smash after if anyone wants. Let me know

keeper

Smash Champion

Surreal

Smash Ace
No johns. Refusing to wipe is a battle strategy to help me get in the opponent's head. If he can't disjoint his attention from the smell he's not a good player.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Nice post edit ratking

this was intended to be in all caps
:)

I reneged mostly because I realized I wouldn't stop smoking anyway, regardless of that kid being a clown.

Pretty good, I know you agree.
Not really, good thing you wont be entering any tournaments anytime soon to try to pull this card though. Keep on not caring about melee plz thx.

No johns. Refusing to wipe is a battle strategy to help me get in the opponent's head. If he can't disjoint his attention from the smell he's not a good player.
Even though you are being a facetious little guy; yeah, pretty much.

keeper

Smash Champion
:)
I reneged mostly because I realized I wouldn't stop smoking anyway, regardless of that kid being a clown.

Not really, good thing you wont be entering any tournaments anytime soon to try to pull this card though. Keep on not caring about melee plz thx.

Even though you are being a facetious little guy; yeah, pretty much.
Flol. I appreciate the passive-aggression. How old are you?

Edit: Actually, I don't. I think you're kind of a **** and the main reason I don't like the game much anymore. The way you play is absolutely stupid and enabled by who you play. Every loss to you doesn't feel like I actually lost to someone better, but someone that plays abusively. At least when I lose to Shane, Jesse, or Otto, I don't feel like I got cheated by abusive gameplay and sitting next to either of them doesn't make me want to hold my breath. Sitting next to an intoxicated Shane that just sucked a stick down is more pleasant because at least then he's giddy instead of bitter and likely to snub the individual he just played. The fact you have such a ****ty attitude, having the audacity and arrogance to say "deal with the fact I smell like **** and it's going to make you play worse" is almost hilarious until further ruminations lead to one finding it pathetic. At least you've come to terms that you don't possess the mental will-power to get over your habit that states on its packaging will probably ****ing kill you.

Surreal

Smash Ace
If you are come by my house sometime before then plz. I'll play melee with you while you're here, and I can give you 5 bucks to give to yugo.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Flol. I appreciate the passive-aggression. How old are you?
Just because I wasn't addressing you, doesn't mean I was being passive-aggressive. I didn't seem worth the time. I guess now it is. I am 24.

I think you're kind of a **** and the main reason I don't like the game much anymore.
Mission Complete!

The way you play is absolutely stupid and enabled by who you play. Every loss to you doesn't feel like I actually lost to someone better, but someone that plays abusively. At least when I lose to Shane, Jesse, or Otto, I don't feel like I got cheated by abusive gameplay...
What? I don't really get this. I was laughing about this general sentiment though when I was in WA, talking to WA people. I think it is really funny that since playing again, I don't play nearly as technically as people do now, and people read this as me being bad or something, even though they still lose. And playing abusively? All the people you named play abusively as well. Anything that your character does, that is effective, and wins, is essentially abusing the character. Isn't that the point of the game? To win? And abusing your character however it fits your play style does that. Those players just abuse the character differently than I do.

he's giddy instead of bitter and likely to snub the individual he just played.
Bitter? I feel like you are projecting yourself onto me here. I have never "snubbed" you either after playing. Even though I don't like you, and think you are weird, doesn't mean I am not respectful post match. I always make an offer to shake hands and say good game. You are the spazz that throws his controller, and starts complaining about his loss seconds after the set ends. That is pretty bitter if you ask me. Just because I wan't to smash your face in every time I play you in tournament, doesn't mean I am bitter or unwilling to treat you nicely. I just hate complainers, and deal with them accordingly when possible.

The fact you have such a ****ty attitude, having the audacity and arrogance to say "deal with the fact I smell like **** and it's going to make you play worse" is almost hilarious until further ruminations lead to one finding it pathetic.
Again, I feel I have no such ****ty attitude you describe. Maybe it might be perceived as such to you, but generally, I take life and this game especially, pretty lightly. I am just trying to have fun; that is why I started playing again, not for all this ****. Arrogance? I think that jab came out of nowhere honestly. Again, I think you are projecting yourself onto me. Prior statements about losing to someone worse than you because of abusing their character make me think that you think you are better at this than you actually are, and are trying to rationalize why you are appearing to be worse than you think you deservedly are. Sounds like you think pretty highly of yourself.

I never said deal with the fact that I smell in a displeasing way to you, but rather you need to learn to deal with the external factors that make it hard to perform; if that is something that makes it hard for you, then learn to deal with it or be angry about it forever. It doesn't matter to me what you choose to do. I have similar problems as you, and I am learning to deal with them, but it is no easy task. I will agree with that. It takes a lot of concentration to tune the out things that make performance in high stress situations difficult.

At least you've come to terms that you don't possess the mental will-power to get over your habit that states on its packaging will probably ****ing kill you.
It would seem our levels of will-power are about the same then. I can't stop smoking, and you can't muster the will to deal with someone you have problems with, like an adult. Rather you just give up entirely on playing the game because someone else makes you a sad panda.

Also, the dying faster is kinda the point. DBT(Dead by 30).

Ultimately, I feel I should have been the better person and not responded, but really, I can't help myself. I stated previously that these kinds of discussions were futile with you. You continue to poke at me any chance you get really, so I saw no choice other than to respond. I apologize I make you not want to play this game, but I am not going to change the way I live my life, for the sake of someone who obviously seems to have some other issues going on outside the obvious complaints that have been made in this thread.

I am for real ending this now. You can poke and jab at me all you like, this thread, is not the forum for this kind of banter. You have a problem, say it to my face.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
So just to throw a little unbiased thought. For the people against the rule of people smelling to the point of making you worse. Do you think that it would be okay if the person just screamed right in your ear the entire set or just anything like breathing heavily in your ear? I don't really care one way or the other playing against people that smell (Since I don't find cigarettes horrid. I have been next to some people who definitely smelled like poop). Soooo yeah that's just me trying to make this argument batter a little thicker so we can make a big hate cake.

Man I want cake right now

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
umad brah? umad?

Edit: Seriously though smelling like smoke is not something you can really help, smelling like poo is. You should not be allowed to not shower, and you should not be allowed to scream in the ear of your opponent. Smelling like cigarettes is more of a grey area.

keeper

Smash Champion
What? I don't really get this. I was laughing about this general sentiment though when I was in WA, talking to WA people. I think it is really funny that since playing again, I don't play nearly as technically as people do now, and people read this as me being bad or something, even though they still lose. And playing abusively? All the people you named play abusively as well. Anything that your character does, that is effective, and wins, is essentially abusing the character. Isn't that the point of the game? To win? And abusing your character however it fits your play style does that. Those players just abuse the character differently than I do.
"Abusively" is with a different definition in this regard. I suppose it falls more back onto the pragmatism, but there's just something about how you play Fox/Falco that makes it feel like the only reason you get anything done or any victory is because you play them. It's this overly safe style that's neither smart nor dumb that utilizes the speed and edge of each. I don't know how your Sheik is, doesn't really matter as it's arbitrary as to what I'm saying. What you did say is correct, you should abuse it, but that's in your terms. It was at my fault that I did not fully define what I was trying to say.

Bitter? I feel like you are projecting yourself onto me here. I have never "snubbed" you either after playing. Even though I don't like you, and think you are weird, doesn't mean I am not respectful post match. I always make an offer to shake hands and say good game. You are the spazz that throws his controller, and starts complaining about his loss seconds after the set ends. That is pretty bitter if you ask me. Just because I wan't to smash your face in every time I play you in tournament, doesn't mean I am bitter or unwilling to treat you nicely. I just hate complainers, and deal with them accordingly when possible.
The last time we played you held out your hand and then withdrew it before I could do anything to ask Izayah if it was Bo3 or Bo5. It felt pretty damn awful.

Again, I feel I have no such ****ty attitude you describe. Maybe it might be perceived as such to you, but generally, I take life and this game especially, pretty lightly. I am just trying to have fun; that is why I started playing again, not for all this ****. Arrogance? I think that jab came out of nowhere honestly. Again, I think you are projecting yourself onto me. Prior statements about losing to someone worse than you because of abusing their character make me think that you think you are better at this than you actually are, and are trying to rationalize why you are appearing to be worse than you think you deservedly are. Sounds like you think pretty highly of yourself.
It was only regarding the smoking thing. The DBT is a pretty bad attitude and is actually really confusing considering if/when you get to be 29-30, you're going to actually just off yourself for some reason to fulfill the thought. The arrogance wasn't about how you played, the way I play is really bland with stupid flashy sentiments thrown in. Arrogance is picking Pichu against someone when you're up in a set and already won. It was a reflection to more of how you've spoken to me at Smashfests and when I felt like you faked me out on the handshake, but maybe I just misread your tone or something happened, though I don't think you had any reason to be mad/hate me back then since I'd literally never said a thing to you.

Maybe I am an arrogant ******* and I do have a ****ty attitude. I hate losing, that's pretty apparent. I haven't been legitimately mad at Smash for a long time. I can't really attribute it to any recent change in my life, nor does anyone here want to know my life story ("Oh boy, I can't wait to read his first world problems on the ol' SWF!"). I will admit that it feels really bad playing for three years to have someone come back after not playing at all (you don't play like you're rusty at all, if that's a compliment) and having that individual walk all over you. Maybe I am learning though, considering I can beat James after he hasn't played for months now when he used to beat me easily after not playing for months.

I never said deal with the fact that I smell in a displeasing way to you,
Actually, your initial post was almost exactly that (if not exactly that).

It would seem our levels of will-power are about the same then. I can't stop smoking, and you can't muster the will to deal with someone you have problems with, like an adult. Rather you just give up entirely on playing the game because someone else makes you a sad panda.
You very well know walking up to someone and saying, "Hey, I think you're kind of a ****," doesn't solve anything. I don't think that would even be a fair statement to make since it's only my opinion after certain bias cases and I doubt the sentiment would be echoed on any level.

Also, the dying faster is kinda the point. DBT(Dead by 30).
I find it hard to believe that anyone would go against the very foundation of life trying to continue itself without straight up killing themselves.

Ultimately, I feel I should have been the better person and not responded, but really, I can't help myself. I stated previously that these kinds of discussions were futile with you. You continue to poke at me any chance you get really, so I saw no choice other than to respond.
This is why I asked you how old you are. There's an air about you that would say you try really hard to be the adult, but sometimes aren't. This isn't a jab at you in any way and if you read anything I say in this whole post, I hope it's this little bit. No, I'm not talking about myself in this case because I know I'm not an adult at all. I don't feel a day older than when I was 15 and it's scary as **** sometimes because I know that's how many individuals perceive me in multiple regards, and for good reason.

I apologize I make you not want to play this game, but I am not going to change the way I live my life, for the sake of someone who obviously seems to have some other issues going on outside the obvious complaints that have been made in this thread.
It's legitimately depressing me because this game and series has been a part of my life since I was about 8. I don't want to give it up and I've probably been playing bots more than I used to before in attempt to figure out my thoughts about it. It's worrying that the way exactly one person plays it/one individual can make me not want to play it so greatly [to me].

I am for real ending this now. You can poke and jab at me all you like, this thread, is not the forum for this kind of banter. You have a problem, say it to my face.
I'm not about to spit on you, which is a pretty misplaced insult in western culture. There's not a lot I'd have to say to your face other than, "Hey, I think you're kind of a **** sometimes and it's bothersome." More likely that not you and I would probably just glance awkwardly at each other or one of us (not me) would try to act like nothing ever happened. I avoid things.

So just to throw a little unbiased thought. For the people against the rule of people smelling to the point of making you worse. Do you think that it would be okay if the person just screamed right in your ear the entire set or just anything like breathing heavily in your ear? I don't really care one way or the other playing against people that smell (Since I don't find cigarettes horrid. I have been next to some people who definitely smelled like poop). Soooo yeah that's just me trying to make this argument batter a little thicker so we can make a big hate cake.

Man I want cake right now
BC Chris did this to me and I still think he's an ******* for it. I think it's the kind of things that will always be a part of Smash tournaments though since they're not ever very formal.

Smelling like cigs is such a babies john honestly.
You aren't me, I'm not you. It bothers some people more than others. It (the smell) gives my poor little crybaby self a migraine in a matter of about 5-10 minutes of exposure.

Surreal

Smash Ace
Falco was the only reason I could ever win a friendly or tournament match lol.

No one else I play (except maybe Marth) is capable of doing the most ghetto combos ever and having them work still (my unorthodox [for better or worse] playing was usually the only reason I could do decently against people at my skill or better).

You can't just do random stuff with Ganon or Sheik or IC's and have it work, namely because the things you don't expect out of them are things that can't combo or kill, while for say falco, I can just like do things that aren't expected (fair, pseudo bthrow or dthrow chaingrabs/combos out of said throws) and still have it work because the moves themselves aren't bad, just not as good as other options. Ganon's unexpected moves aren't "not bad, just not as good", they're just...bad (lol nair).

What I'm saying is pretty much spacies are the few characters that allow my personal style of playing to ever be successful, and probably the only reason I ever won a match in a tournament against people who were of at least intermediate skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom