• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
okay this "R.I.D.L.E.Y" club seems to interest me since everyone here is talking about it Idk, what is it about anyway? (ridley of course)

Sinn

Smash Lord
@Colbusman:

Do you really think Pokemon Trainer is a starter? i don't.
I think he will be simply because in the last game EVERY character that they announced before the game came out was a starter character. I think half the fun of unlocking secret characters isn't even so much that you have to earn them, but that...they're secret >.>

I give Stryks's comic a five star rating in awesomeness.

And I'm glad someone brought up the month of Metroid thing. I had almost forgotten it. And I had no idea that they announced Zelda when the DS Zelda came out in Japan...hey...do you think when it comes out here that they'll announce Ganondorf? Dun dun DUN! In any case...I shall hope for Ridley on Monday then <3

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
That one was awesome!

Where did the "SHOOP DA WOOP" thing originate? That totally caught me off guard.. And the "I like turtles" but I laughed that one out a lot already.

I think your missing a couple of people from R.I.D.L.E.Y. though.

And I know you made one, I seen some people have them. But just that you weren't repping it yourself.

-Onyx

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
okay this "R.I.D.L.E.Y" club seems to interest me since everyone here is talking about it Idk, what is it about anyway? (ridley of course)
it's an exclusive club created by myself and gypsy lee, where only the most dedicated Ridley fans can enter. if you give me a good enough reason, i may let you in

and stryks, why am i not on there?! i had the 3rd highest amount of posts in the original thread, and i've defended Ridley throughout my whole stay on smashboards!!! shame on you stryks, and i invited you into the club

Shuma

Smash Hero
'cause no one likes you, face it. :p

Awesome Comic Stryks, and Onix, you don't whant to know where "shoop da whoop" originated, your /b/rain would /b/ecome ****.

Stryks

Smash Hero
lol colbus my bad, i was in a hurry and only added top posters from the 1st 2 pages of this thread, my bad ill add ya 2morrow

Shuma

Smash Hero
Hey Colbusman, **** you, i mean, I'm NOT i Repeat I'M not "big".

Shesh... some people.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
ah, it's fine then. i'd post here more often, but i have work and school to juggle, so... (this part refering to stryks)

shuma, try as you might, i've been insulted all my life. it doesn't affect me. i just laugh back and mock how pitiful this person must be to try and make me feel bad about myself when he probably has it worse off than me

ridley for brawl

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
'cause no one likes you, face it. :p

Awesome Comic Stryks, and Onix, you don't whant to know where "shoop da whoop" originated, your /b/rain would /b/ecome ****.
4chan?

*everyone hisses*

*Smeagol backs into his cave*

*Chuck Norris covers his ears and starts singing aloud*

*Ridley is uneffected*

Shuma

Smash Hero
Colbusman... you have no sense of humor, i'm joking. Your Humor sensor is broken fix it now.

@Gypsy:

Yes....

Legolastom

Smash Hero
"Fox uses "Shine"

Ridley is un-affected

Ridley uses "Splash"

Fox faints."

^^^ If smash bros was PKMN (Which thankfully it isn't)

Anyways once i get all the sections sorted i will have a very important jobs for you sig makers...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Ridley can use any move he wants... he just uses the weakest move in the game and OHKO's the Fox... plus he is immune to shine (And all other attacks).

Ridley for brawl *Waves communism flag*

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ridley has competition, Yoshi is a Dragon again, and we all know Yoshi is much more terryfing than Ridley, even more when Mario *shudders* is riding yoshi.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Please no Dark Samus... we want the mean purple killing machine Ridley!

Anyways feel free to make move sets people it might even get featured on the main page!

Caael

Smash Lord
B: 3 fire balls that land one in front of the other
B>: That lunge thing from Prime. Like Marth's sside B, where you keep pressing >B to do a different move. The first one lunges forwards to bite you. The second one slashes you with his claws, and the third whips you with his tail
B^: Glide, like peach when you hold up, you will just float for a few seconds, and you can control the direction, but you can only go horizontally.
Bv: Tail smash. In the air, it will go straight down, and spiking anybody hit by it. On the ground, he will slam his tail into the floor in fron of him

Final Smash: Plasma beam which sweeps the stage. You can control the angle, but walls will block it.

I R WINNORZ

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of movesets, what other flashy attacks could Ridley potentially have? apart from his fireballs? Whenever I try to think of some, my mind drifts towards Meta-Ridley and thats not what we're aiming for.

I have a feeling that we can expect Ridley to get announced soon (or maybe it's just delusional wishful thinking - second time today =/)

EDIT: Don't think there is apart from a Plasma beam attack, ah well, I expect he'll be capable of damaging aerial assaults

Dave

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
Heres my crappy atempt at a moveset, yeah it's not original, but Ridley has little to draw from - just enough to get by...

A moves:

Neutral A:Ridley slashes, then bites, then whips his tail across the opponent
Forward Tilt:Ridley Whips his tail in front of him in an upward arc, tip deals more damage and knockback
Up Tilt:Ridley Flicks his tail in a small arc above his head, again, the tip of his tail deals more damage and knockback

Aerial A moves:

Aerial Neutral A: Ridley Spins around clawing and whipping his tail around him
Aerial Forward A:Ridley slashes forward (similar to shadow claw?)
Aerial Back A:Whips his tail straight back
Aerial Up A:Snaps his jaws above him
Aerial Down A:Slices the air in a large arc below him

Dash Attack:

Dash Attack:Ridleys signature charge

Smash Moves:

Forward Smash:Double hit like Links - Ridley slashes, and with another button press, slams his tail into them.

Up Smash:Ridley slashes up and sticks his tail up, doing multi hit damage with the tip of his tail launching the opponent skywards.

Down Smash:Tail sweep - exactly like Gypsy Lee described it

Grab and Throws:

Grab:Ridley grabs the opponent with his claws
Grab A:Ridley blasts the opponent with a fireball
Forward Throw:Ridley blasts the opponent forward with a quick succesion of fireballs (Mewtwo again i guess - sorry :laugh:)
Back Throw:Ridley impales the opponent with his tail and flicks them off backward
Up Throw:Ridley launches into the sky with his opponent in his clutches and comes crashing back down to the ground (very large damage)
Down Throw:Ridley tosses his opponent to the ground and Impales them with his tale (either in a quick succesion or just one strong attack)

B moves:

Netural B:Just like Gypsy Lee's suggested move, Ridley launches fireballs at the opponent, with explode with area damage, and can be charged up etc...

Side B: Ridley Combo - similar to Marth and Roys with a Ridley flavour. Using appropriate inputs (can't be bothered thinking of them) Ridley slashes and grabs the opponent, Blasts them with a plasma ball, flies up and smashes down, and impales them. Hard to pull off... (yeah this move was made with little effort :laugh:)

Up B:Ridley can soar through the air launching attacks, after a few seconds though, Ridley will fall helpless (unless he already touches down)

Down B:Ridley screeches, terrifying opponents around him, temporarily stunning them. (a non crappy version of sing YAY!)

Final Smash:

Final Smash:plasma beam, exact same as Gypsy Lee's suggestion

The biggest problem is, that there is really not that much to draw on regarding Ridleys special abilities, just enough, unless you refer to his later incarnations. I realise alot of the moves are re-used, but there really isn't that much to draw on for Specials.

Credits to anyone who might have originally posted any of those moves, dont't know - i'm only aware of Gypsy Lee's excellent moveset.

Cheers,

Dave

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
That would be awesome if Ridley was revealed on the day Corruption comes out. Also does anyone think that he would have a design based on his appearance in Corruption if he does make it in?

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I DID make a ridley for brawl sig, but it was one of my st sisgs... EVER...

anyway:

I anyone gets the I like turtle part, then ur officially awesome, if not look "I like turtles" in youtube...
I find that comic ironic, as the Pokemon Trainer is already confirmed to be in Brawl, while Ridley isn't.

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
who would say the metroid boss in adventure mode i couldnt be ridley really if he is confirmed....i see it being mecha ridley(Zero)only because the metroid stuff seems based around that game*quoted gypsy lee* but if this is true would ridley be well....brown...(hopes not)but i would prefer meta ridley being more fiercer....
ridley 4 brawl

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
That would be awesome if Ridley was revealed on the day Corruption comes out. Also does anyone think that he would have a design based on his appearance in Corruption if he does make it in?
Not just no but hell no. Ridley will be rocking the color purple.

*sniffs* I'm not included in anything anymore.. T_T
I remember you Caael. You're damm fine Ridley supporter, and an even better heterosexual lifemate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom