• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
im in the process of playing super metroid for the first time...just got the speed boots...so far this game is F'N Awesome

dont realy know who ridley is yet, but when i face him im sure il want him in brawl too.
Ridley is the purple dragon who stole the baby Metroid at the beginning of the game. You had to fight him, remember?

Shuma

Smash Hero
Actually Gypsy D. Samus has a chance, why? He's the main Villain of 3 consecutive metroid games. And he would be easyer to do. Of course i always sayd that the priority was Ridley>D. Samus>Random Metroid thing.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
The day Ridley is confirmed I honestly believe my heart will stop beating as I view Ridley in all his glory on the Dojo.

Shuma

Smash Hero
This is just a though but i do believe he will use his "hands"...

Maybe the tail for grabbs.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Tail ... or grabs them in his jaws of death and whiplashes his neck to throw the item.

mukoe890

Smash Apprentice
i just hope he isn't a subspace not playable boss. it'll turn out how wario was really anticipated in melee then he only got a trophy-__-

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
I too, will probably pass out from shear awe.

But um... Ridley for Brawl.

I have to ask... How do you think Ridley would hold items/characters in grabs?
Maybe he could grab stuff with his feet and fly around like he does with the metroid larva in Super Metrod. But he wouldn't be able to use them, only drop them, because otherwise, it would be broken.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
His tail isn't that long in the first place. Also, in the games, he grabs Samus with his hands and the Metroid baby with his feet. So maybe he could carry crates and barrels with his big talons, and smaller things with his weaker hands.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Grrrrrrrrrr!! WHY WON'T SAKURAI CONFIRM RIDLEY AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER!! SAKURAI STOP ****** GIVING US RIDLEY SUPPORTERS THE RUN AROUND!

Ridley 4 SSBB.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
Oasis, he doesn't need items - I guess it's just the fact that Ridley's opponents aren't worthy of being attacked directly by Ridley, therefore he uses items as a substitute.

Come to think of it - I can't really imagine Ridley throwing anything. I can imagine him destroying, biting, snapping, gnashing, screeching, impaling, flying, slashing, blasting, ripping, and just generally inflicting a lot of pain, but not really throwing items :/

Dave

Stryks

Smash Hero
Grrrrrrrrrr!! WHY WON'T SAKURAI CONFIRM RIDLEY AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER!! SAKURAI STOP ****** GIVING US RIDLEY SUPPORTERS THE RUN AROUND!

Ridley 4 SSBB.
Believe me he will, my prediction? Next week, when MP3 is released, and after all its the month of metroid, I wouldnt be surprised if ANYTHING metroid releaed is revealed next week...

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Wow, I have not been paying attention enough. We have a new topic? Why was the old one deleted? >_>

Anyways, I support and endorse the concept of Rildey being a playable character in Brawl. :O

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Believe me he will, my prediction? Next week, when MP3 is released, and after all its the month of metroid, I wouldnt be surprised if ANYTHING metroid releaed is revealed next week...
Ohhh Stryks, you're my buddy n all, but I'm going to hold you to this, even if this is only your prediction. I hope your prophet skills are on point!

Stryks

Smash Hero
I gotta say all the unknown newcomers revealed these last weeks are gonna be secret IMO, I mean sakurai DID say he wanted to reveal the characters himself, maybe hes already started...

anyway ridley is the only thing thats assuring my 110% buy of brawl, adventure mode made it 105% tough...

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I gotta say all the unknown newcomers revealed these last weeks are gonna be secret IMO, I mean sakurai DID say he wanted to reveal the characters himself, maybe hes already started...

anyway ridley is the only thing thats assuring my 110% buy of brawl, adventure mode made it 105% tough...
nah. i mean if they're in the same general time frame as all of the veterans so far, i think they'll be starters. until we get updates for metaknight or jiggs, i'm saying all these guys are starters

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
He had better, or I'll......or I'lll......ohhhh I don't even know what I'll do to Sakurai if he doesn't relieve me from my Ridley anxiety, but it WILL truly be epic!!!

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Good call Stryks. That makes sense, given that Zelda was revealed on the day that Phantom Hourglass was released in Japan. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

In other news, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is going to be the best thing since sliced bread!
http://wii.ign.com/articles/814/814436p1.html
Between this and Super Metroid, the Wii is now a Metroid fan's dream console.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
man I can't wait for 27th, that will be the day we get a metroid stage better yet, RIDLEY!!!, and surely this thread is gonna crash down next week

Shuma

Smash Hero
@Colbusman:

Do you really think Pokemon Trainer is a starter? i don't.

OmegaXXII

I believe he will be an unlockable since he has three pokemon but that discussion is for another day, anyway how will Ridley look? since I heard Lego mentioning he's ugly

Stryks

Smash Hero
I would love to see metroid prime 3 ridley, i mean the wings are just too **** awesome, but anything better thant the skinny purple melee one, dont get me wrong, I would like a purple ridley, but with a LOT more detail than melee ridley...

Shuma

Smash Hero
He doesn't look ugly, he just looks like a Pterodactil... again, Seriously Nintendo should pick Ridley Dragon or Ridley Pterodactil and stay with that choice for ever, instead of changing Ridley's appareance each game.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
*Sees Warning Challenger Approaching and heart stops*
Oh my god.
*Scrolls down*
What the ****.... Well atleast I got a newcomer for my birthday anyway... Ridley should be announced either when MP3 is released, or maybe right before the game is released. If I were Sakurai I would want to keep more of the highly anticipated characters until last minute...

I also had a dream last night that.. That star character thing was announced..

Ridley for Brawl man.. gonna fly around and 4 stock at 0%

-Onyx

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
I would love to see metroid prime 3 ridley, i mean the wings are just too **** awesome, but anything better thant the skinny purple melee one, dont get me wrong, I would like a purple ridley, but with a LOT more detail than melee ridley...
No dude, it's going to be purple Ridley. I'd bet money on it.

The spam is back.

*Corneria theme plays*
STFU and GTFO! No one likes you here.

OmegaXXII

I sure hope it either a meta-ridley looking one, or the Purple costume one which I always imagined myself seeing in Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom