• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
There is one indisputable fact that you all must grasp before you can have an intelligent discussion. If you understand and accept this fact then move on. Otherwise, listen closely:

[size=+2]Everything is unconfirmed until confirmed![/size]

Why do I post this, you ask? Well, I am tired of people entering other threads and stating, "I know that Ridley is in the game. I know it without a shadow of a doubt." Well, permit me to add some shadows. To all such person, I ask, where is your proof? When the first Brawl trailer came out, we were not even sure that Peach and Bowser would be in the game. No one actually knew until the DOJO told us. In other words, stop saying that you 'know' Ridley is in the game. Speculate all you want. Guess all you want. It is fun to predict, but do not testify of your supposed knowledge. To be honest, I will be surprised if Ridley even makes it into Brawl as an assist trophy.

Thank you. We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
That would be spam, so no, we shouldn't do that. (That's how the last thread got closed)

But yes, I would want it any other way. Purple is Ridley's original color, and there is no reason for it not to be used for Brawl.

There is one indisputable fact that you all must grasp before you can have an intelligent discussion. If you understand and accept this fact then move on. Otherwise, listen closely:

[size=+2]Everything is unconfirmed until confirmed![/size]

Why do I post this, you ask? Well, I am tired of people entering other threads and stating, "I know that Ridley is in the game. I know it without a shadow of a doubt." Well, permit me to add some shadows. To all such person, I ask, where is your proof? When the first Brawl trailer came out, we were not even sure that Peach and Bowser would be in the game. No one actually knew until the DOJO told us. In other words, stop saying that you 'know' Ridley is in the game. Speculate all you want. Guess all you want. It is fun to predict, but do not testify of your supposed knowledge. To be honest, I will be surprised if Ridley even makes it into Brawl as an assist trophy.

Thank you. We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.
Oh wow, you just made a ridiculously long and pointless post. Ridley is all but confirmed. You obviously know little about him to make that claim.

Milkyway64

Smash Journeyman
AI!

WAIT! No, that might curse him to be A.I. only, which would make him a boss character! I refuse!

Oh wow, you just made a ridiculously long and pointless post. Ridley is all but confirmed. You obviously know little about him to make that claim.
But he has a point. There is that chance Ridley will not appear. Who thought the pokemon trainer would be in? No one. Who thinks Ridley WON'T be in? Not many.

Sakurai could very well do it, but we should remain hopeful about his inclusion. Don't just say a completely sensical post is pointless.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Ridley is all but confirmed.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh, please, do enlighten me. Show me one shred of evidence that even suggests he will be in Brawl. And no, cloud analysis diagrams do not count. Members here in the Brawl forums are the worst analysts on the planet. Sakurai makes mention of Sheik and Ganondorf, and everyone screams, "ZOMG Sheik and Ganondorf are confirmed!"

But seriously, Gypsy Lee, summarize the "evidence" collected in this thread. I want to see.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
Although I believe we will see Ridley out of personal belief (obviously :laugh:) Buzz is technically and factually right. There isn't significant evidence.

We have his theme music, but that is royally abused all over the place in Metroid games anyway. He is very popular and was on Sakurai's poll, but thats about it.

No real evidence to suggest that Ridley will be in. No subtle hints, riddles or clever little clues.

People that state things as fact without confirmation are rather ignorant to the reality of the situation.

Of course, none of this means, he won't be in (*hopes he is*)

Cheers,

Dave

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Having subtle connections confirms nothing. Mario did not confirm Peach. Peach confirmed Peach.

I am not here to say that I know Ridley will not be in Brawl; that would make me a hypocrite. Sure, he may show up next week when Metroid Prime 3 is released. Then we can all be happy, but to say you 'know' is silly and only increases your potential for embarrassment.

Based on the same logic shown in this thread, I can start a thread supporting Tom Cruise for Brawl! It would have 5000 replies with complicated diagrams and fan art depicting Tom in Brawl. And you know what's funny? You would have no way to prove that he won't be in Brawl. How do you know that Nintendo didn't go talk to Tom Cruise, pay him some money, and implement him into Brawl? Maybe they just felt like being random! The fact is you don't know.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh, please, do enlighten me. Show me one shred of evidence that even suggests he will be in Brawl. And no, cloud analysis diagrams do not count. Members here in the Brawl forums are the worst analysts on the planet. Sakurai makes mention of Sheik and Ganondorf, and everyone screams, "ZOMG Sheik and Ganondorf are confirmed!"

But seriously, Gypsy Lee, summarize the "evidence" collected in this thread. I want to see.
Well, there isn't much in this thread, because it's new. Our old one got closed because it had too many posts in it (over 7000). And there isn't evidence. Everything just points towards his inclusion is all.

But anyway, let us begin:

Sakurai

Sakurai said (from reading SamuraiPanda's translation thread) that he wanted more winged and flying characters. He wants to improve the aerial combat in the game, especially now, since they are able to animate extra appendages such as wings and tails (something they weren't able to do in Melee). He is also looking for more villains, which is probably to improve the new single player mode. And another big thing, he said that he wanted add more characters to rep the Metroid franchise because it has became much more big and popular since Melee.

Now tell me, doesn't Ridley help fill in all three of those needs?

Series' Importance

On the first post in this thread, there is a moveset I made. At the bottom is a list of the Metroid games Ridley has appeared in and his role in those games. I will sum it up here, but you should give that a read if you require more.

Ridley is the second most reoccuring character in the Metroid franchise next to Samus herself. He often serves as the next to last boss, and the game's catalyst. He is also one of the few characters who has a background story. Ridley serves as a high ranking commander in the Space Pirate army, and he led a raid on Samus' colony when she was just a child. He slaughtered her parents right in front of her.

He is also very intelligent despite his primal appearance. In the manga, he even shows the ability to speak. So he isn't just a big dragon with no personality.

Another thing: Sakurai also mentioned in the Ridley music update that he was Samus' arch nemesis. That shows that he is aware of Ridley's role and importance in the Metroid series.

Uniqueness

Ridley would NOT be a clone of Bowser (before anyone starts this crap again). He'd offer something new to the game: He'd be the only heavyweight character with the ability to fly. Ridley also has several means of attack, such as his large mouth lined with sharp teeth, his long spear tipped tail, his jagged wings, his sharp claws, and his powerful talons. He even has some abilities that would make for great special moves, like his plasma breath, fire balls, invisibility, and super speed.

Size

Ridley's size is not really an issue. Take a gander at the 3D model of him used in the Melee intro and his assist trophy. Obviously, he was intended to be in the game, but do it the difficulties of animating his tail and wings, he was taken out. If you look closely at the Melee intro, you can see that his tail is missing and his wings are stiff. Now that it isn't a problem in Brawl, there's no reason why animating him would be a problem. Also, Ridley is not that big. The one and only game he was large in was Metroid Prime, but that was probably for dramatic effect and what not (would you be excited to battle a ten foot lizard or a gigantic monster?) In the 2D games, he was roughly twice the size of Samus. Guess who else was about that size? Bowser. In Super Mario World, Bowser was about twice the size of Mario, if not bigger. Also, many characters were resized to fight in Smash (Kirby, Pikachu, Bowser). The bottom line is that size was never a major issue in Smash, and even if it was, Ridley is not all that big.

Well, that's just a quick summary. Any other questions, then please, ask away. ;)

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Gypsy Lee said:
And there isn't evidence. Everything just points towards his inclusion is all.
Gypsy Lee said:
Ridley is all but confirmed.
Hmmm... so, it sounds like I was 100% correct. You totally contradicted yourself. First, you say that he is all but confirmed. Then, you say there is no evidence. WTF? I appreciate the hard work you put into summarizing all of the indicators of Ridley's possibility. If anything, that summary should be put into the first thread. Regardless, Ridley is neither confirmed nor on his way to being confirmed. Ridley fans naturally gather all indicators into one place as to increase his "chances", but he is no more likely than Birdo being in the game.

For your sake, I hope Ridley makes it in.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Hmmm... so, it sounds like I was 100% correct. You totally contradicted yourself. First, you say that he is all but confirmed. Then, you say there is no evidence. WTF? I appreciate the hard work you put into summarizing all of the indicators of Ridley's possibility. If anything, that summary should be put into the first thread. Regardless, Ridley is neither confirmed nor on his way to being confirmed. Ridley fans naturally gather all indicators into one place as to increase his "chances", but he is no more likely than Birdo being in the game.

For your sake, I hope Ridley makes it in.
Yeah, I see what you're saying there. But I was addressing/responding to the part where you said that you would be surprised if he were an assist trophy. I was simply trying to show you that he is a deserving character is all.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I was simply trying to show you that he is a deserving character is all.
Fair enough. I'm just saying that if Ridley is to receive any respect, his fans better play the "rules" and accept that he is not guaranteed a slot in Brawl. If they broadcast that "his chances are good", we all listen in and see what they have to say. If they broadcast "we know he is in", we all march in and demand proof, and when they fail to deliver any, we simply cannot take them seriously anymore. :(

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
*coughs* Can I get an estimate on how fast I'll be dead if I say I want him Corruption-ized?
Life comes at you fast. Ridley comes at you faster. Gypsy comes at you even faster if you want him Corruptionitized.

i saw ridley on my piece of toast this morning, so he is unarguably confirmed. ;)
OMFG I sawz hims n mi otemeel tis murnin9!1!!! 7h@t men35 r!ldy i$ Cophirm3d!!!!

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
I want Ridley Corruption-ized.

*Looks sheepishly at Gypsy and runs*

Edit: Phazon_Dude, I read it. I liked the part where Samus goes "Lemme guess. Big ugly dino puberty?" Clever. ^_^

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
Hey there, I read your comic when you first posted it, but i forgot to comment on it - getting ignored sucks :laugh:

I actually quite liked it. Maybe the humour is a little crude but it's pretty funny all the same. I think I liked chapter 4 the best and I like the cliche way you ended it - good stuff.

EDIT: During Super Metroid, I thought Crocomire dying, was the funniest thing ever.

Dave

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
i saw ridley on my piece of toast this morning, so he is unarguably confirmed. ;)
Sorry, but without pictures, your claim is baseless, so, while Ridley appearing in your toast would certainly confirm him, we have no proof that what you claim is true. Sorry, Samusrules. Next time an overlord of evil appears in your toast, remember to take a photo.

:p

Phazon_Dude

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Gypsy and Wiseguy for the complements, more people should play Super Metroid it was one of the best games ever. Anyway i'll try to work on the other one but with MP3:C coming, I won't go that far.

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Gypsy and Wiseguy for the complements, more people should play Super Metroid it was one of the best games ever. Anyway i'll try to work on the other one but with MP3:C coming, I won't go that far.
I was playing Super Metroid all day long and can honestly say that it is one of the best games ever, and i hope that Prime 3 is just as awesome.

Phazon_Dude

Smash Apprentice
I was playing Super Metroid all day long and can honestly say that it is one of the best games ever, and i hope that Prime 3 is just as awesome.
It seems like its going to be a good game but it doesn't seem as metroidy as it could be, it seems sort of like its becoming Halo. I hope Nintendo makes a new 2d metroid game for the DS.

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
It seems like its going to be a good game but it doesn't seem as metroidy as it could be, it seems sort of like its becoming Halo. I hope Nintendo makes a new 2d metroid game for the DS.
It got a 10 out of 10 in nintendo power so far and they said its the best of the Prime series so that gets me pumped. A 2d sidescroller Metroid for the ds like Super Metroid would be awesome too.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Kay, I'm out, you guys are talking about the same thing.
Ridley action figure: $12 dollars
Metroid Prime 3 Corruption: $ 50 (roughly)
Samus's Gun Ship: $1,250,000
Talking about how awesome Ridley will be in Brawl
: priceless

Some things money can't buy, for other things, there's Mastercard!:laugh:

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
That would be spam, so no, we shouldn't do that. (That's how the last thread got closed)

But yes, I would want it any other way. Purple is Ridley's original color, and there is no reason for it not to be used for Brawl.

This is exactaly what I mean. You call anything pointless cause its against your views.

Ugh, delete this post. Dont even reply to it, since you guys wont really care.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
Ridley action figure: $12 dollars
Metroid Prime 3 Corruption: $ 50 (roughly)
Samus's Gun Ship: $1,250,000
Talking about how awesome Ridley will be in Brawl
: priceless

Some things money can't buy, for other things, there's Mastercard!:laugh:
Not heard a mastercard joke in simply ages. Hat off to you sir.

Dave

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
It got a 10 out of 10 in nintendo power so far and they said its the best of the Prime series so that gets me pumped. A 2d sidescroller Metroid for the ds like Super Metroid would be awesome too.
nintendo power rating they're own games is the most unrealiable thing you could ever trust.
They give ALL of their own first party games good scores.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
The entire Prime series is like that. That's why hardcore Metroid fans hate the games. Anyway, a game called Metroid Dread was supposed to be in development for the DS. It'll be the 5th in the series (taking place after the events of Fusion). No one is sure whether or not it has been canceled, because there hasn't been news about it forever.

This is exactaly what I mean. You call anything pointless cause its against your views.

Ugh, delete this post. Dont even reply to it, since you guys wont really care.
No one likes you here, so why the hell do you keep coming back? Have your parents disowned you and you have no friends, so you come here and act like a noob for attention? You're annoying as ****. Leave now and don't come back.

Oh, and woops. I forgot to say that Prime games suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom