• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
I'm a pretty **** hardcore Metroid fan, but I still love the Prime games. It's a matter of opinion really. I can't see where the hate comes from - preferring one to the other sure, but just plain hate? At the core of the gameplay, it's still Metroid, even if presented differently.

Dave

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
I'm a pretty **** hardcore Metroid fan, but I still love the Prime games. It's a matter of opinion really. I can't see where the hate comes from - preferring one to the other sure, but just plain hate? At the core of the gameplay, it's still Metroid.

Dave
Don't get me started. I've been known to rant about this in every thread it's brought up in. Nintendo and all Metroid fans should disown the Prime series like the crippled little runt of the litter. Prime one was okay. Prime 2 blew ***. Prime 3 is a Halo ripoff. The Americans ruined the game. I honestly hope a Japanese based company takes up the series after Retro is finished.

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
Don't get me started. I've been known to rant about this in every thread it's brought up in. Nintendo and all Metroid fans should disown the Prime series like the crippled little runt of the litter. Prime one was okay. Prime 2 blew ***. Prime 3 is a Halo ripoff. The Americans ruined the game. I honestly hope a Japanese based company takes up the series after Retro is finished.
What are you talking about? Don't say Prime 3 is a Halo ripoff until you've played it.

Sure, everyone should hate the Prime series because of your opinion?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I have to agree with Lupo Aro, Gypsy Lee was making perfect sense until he said Prime 3 will be a Halo ripoff. What's up with that?

Shuma

Smash Hero
With all due respect Gypsy, you're letting your n00biness show.

The Prime Games are awesome, Prime 1 was awesome, Prime 2 was a bad Metroid Game but a good Game, Prime 3 has Dark Samus AND Ridley period, that means Awesome incarnated.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
I can't comment on Prime 2 (having not played it - don't much like the idea of the weaponry in it), but I thoroughly enjoyed Prime 1 (felt quite true to the series, especially as the first transition from 2-D to 3-D).

Would you still like to the see the series still in first person form though if another company took Metroid under their wing?

I can understand a little where your coming from I think. I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I can understand a little why you feel the series is going downhill in comparison to the style of the 2-D metroids. But it seems like most people would beg to differ, based on reviews and the general consensus I seem to see, that going 3-D only immerses you more in the game experience.

Based on what I have seen I think Prime 3 looks awesome, but I don't know how I feel in regards to all these sub-par n00b bounty hunters showing up :laugh:

Anyway on-topic: Ridley's tail is simply fascinating huh ^_^ wow, look at it go!

Dave

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Ridley is sure to be in. Even if Sakurai wasn't planning of putting him in in the first place.

Ridley can be very persuasive, especially with that assload of shiny and pointy teeth.

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
I wonder if Ridley's roars would be based on SM, Prime 1/2, or MZM/Fusion? I'll laugh if they're the latter.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
Ridley doesn't roar, he screeches, and what an annoyingly awesome screech it is!

EDIT: Sorry double post!! **** my first one as well. :( *slaps self 1000 times with wet fish*

Dave

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
Personally I would imagine so. I can imagine him taking long strong strokes with his wings, where he falls a little and goes higher. And if this is done right with multiple jumps - it should look awesome and very intimidating.

Dave

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
Dead Wire said:
Well Darkurai you're obviosly for Ridley fanatic sorry about the Dark Samus thing did I make you cry and ING would be in because he was in throughout the whole game Riddles is an easy 2 shots in the chest skreech dead clone me again pirate buddies yeah I own you!!!
Might this be considered blasphemy agaisnt Ridley?

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
I can't comment on Prime 2 (having not played it - don't much like the idea of the weaponry in it), but I thoroughly enjoyed Prime 1 (felt quite true to the series, especially as the first transition from 2-D to 3-D).

Would you still like to the see the series still in first person form though if another company took Metroid under their wing?

I can understand a little where your coming from I think. I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I can understand a little why you feel the series is going downhill in comparison to the style of the 2-D metroids. But it seems like most people would beg to differ, based on reviews and the general consensus I seem to see, that going 3-D only immerses you more in the game experience.

Based on what I have seen I think Prime 3 looks awesome, but I don't know how I feel in regards to all these sub-par n00b bounty hunters showing up :laugh:

Anyway on-topic: Ridley's tail is simply fascinating huh ^_^ wow, look at it go!

Dave
I'd like the games to remain 3D, but with some 2D ones on a handheld or something. But the people who beg to differ usually played Prime as their first Metroid game. Tell me one person who played Super Metroid then played Prime and said it was better. 2D Metroid games simply own 3D ones in every way except for graphics and a few limitations do to restrictions from the technology at the time. The first Metroid Prime was okay. It stuck true to the series and such, I'll give it that. But in no way was it as fun, atmospheric, well thought out and engaging as the 2D games. It was mostly linear. Being the first non linear game is what Metroid is known for. The classic enemies such as Kraid and Ridley were ruined. The storyline was half a**ed (they pulled the old stick it in between two games so we can make up a story). I'll stop ranting now... but I'm honestly worried how they are going to pull of Prime 3. How does Ridley go back to being normal is one thing that's bothering me. They already screwed up the mother brain by making it something that was mass produced by the galactic federation, even though all Metroid fans know the Chozo built the Mother Brain on Zebes as a security system to run the planet.

N00bs are inmature aren't they?
No. Noob is a spinoff of newb which is short for newbie. A newbie is someone who usually knows very little about something and sucks (when it comes to video games). Being a newb doesn't have anything to do with voicing your opinion.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Yep it is, Attack Ridley Fans!.

No Gypsy, Newb it's what you described, a n00b is the kind of idiot who's saying the Ing will be in Brawl instead of Ridley.

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
Nobody said Mother Brain was an Aurora Unit. Hopefully Retro Studios was aware of it being built by the Chozo, or that would be a MAJOR ****up.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Yep it is, Attack Ridley Fans!.

No Gypsy, Newb it's what you described, a n00b is the kind of idiot who's saying the Ing will be in Brawl instead of Ridley.
It's people like you that make the internet a better place.

Shuma

Smash Hero
'cause you're acting inmature, you say, "i think Metroid Prime games suck so all the Die hard metroid fans should think the Metroid prime sucks".

I'm a die hard metroid fan, and i don't think the Metroid prime sucks, i think the 2d games are better, but that doesn't make the MP games ****.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
'cause you're acting inmature, you say, "i think Metroid Prime games suck so all the Die hard metroid fans should think the Metroid prime sucks".

I'm a die hard metroid fan, and i don't think the Metroid prime sucks, i think the 2d games are better, but that doesn't make the MP games ****.
Okay, I was being a bit extreme, but I wasn't being immature or being a noob. And I don't think the Prime games are bad games, but I think they are terrible Metroid games. To the point where I get angry when someone thinks everything in Brawl should be Prime related. I'm honestly a little happy that Japan hates the Prime series, that way, less of it's stuff in Brawl. It just isn't the true Metroid, and I don't want it's stuff representing the series as a whole.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
I'd like the games to remain 3D, but with some 2D ones on a handheld or something. But the people who beg to differ usually played Prime as their first Metroid game. Tell me one person who played Super Metroid then played Prime and said it was better. 2D Metroid games simply own 3D ones in every way except for graphics and a few limitations do to restrictions from the technology at the time. The first Metroid Prime was okay. It stuck true to the series and such, I'll give it that. But in no way was it as fun, atmospheric, well thought out and engaging as the 2D games. It was mostly linear. Being the first non linear game is what Metroid is known for. The classic enemies such as Kraid and Ridley were ruined. The storyline was half a**ed (they pulled the old stick it in between two games so we can make up a story). I'll stop ranting now... but I'm honestly worried how they are going to pull of Prime 3. How does Ridley go back to being normal is one thing that's bothering me. They already screwed up the mother brain by making it something that was mass produced by the galactic federation, even though all Metroid fans know the Chozo built the Mother Brain on Zebes as a security system to run the planet.
I fully understand where your coming from now, and I can completely respect that. You want the series to technologically advance, but you don't want them screwing up the storyline, or removing the open-ended gameplay that really forced you to work and think to uncover the secrets in the game. I think?

I still think you should go easier on the people that enjoy Prime though :laugh:. Not everyone can have played a retro game (although they now all have the chance and really should) because alot of people were brought up in this generation of gaming and simply can't appreciate some of the classics. It's still a solid game and alot of fun, and I don't see too many of the newer Metroid players dissing the older games. They're simply ignorant of it, and I think that should be forgiven :D

EDIT: We should probably discuss something Ridley related. Like Ridley's tail.
It's just so beautiful, yet deadly. Elegant, yet brutal. Sharp, yet smooth...

Cheers,

Dave

Shuma

Smash Hero
I always though Super Metroid's Ridley looked horrible... i still think so.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
god, I'm just hoping (crossing fingers) that Sakurai will give us a Ridley update or at least a stage when mp3 comes out

-RIDLEY FOR BRAWL!!!

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I played Super Metroid before playing Metroid Prime, but I liked Prime better. XD

KirbyForAll

Smash Apprentice
I didn't read all of the first post but would Ridley be able to fly as high as he wanted or would he hover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom