• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
But arnt they supposed to be secret forums? : P (Or something).

Anyways i really really really etc, want another 2D Metroid not just for the game play but dammit what happens to Samus? does she get arrested? what about Ridley? did he really die? and how are the Metroid gonna escape extinction this time? not to mention what where the GF's motives behind the Metroid cloning.

So many questions... so much time.

Link BTW http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/815/815899p1.html

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
hmm, secret. yeah, better keep it a secret.

here's what i don't get though. if metroid dread is (and i don't know if it's true, but i think it is) supposed to be set after Metroid Fusion, then why would they have stuff about it in prime 3, set before Metroid 2?

maybe Dread takes place after the Prime series, but before Metroid 2?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
XS The thing that it said in that was just like an easter egg not something important to the story line if you get what im saying.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
GreenKirby wins

Seeing as every series is going to be represented by some sort of boss, what are the chances of Ridley NOT being in the game? Even as a boss he could be unlockable.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Kraid can be the Metroid boss no problem...but not every series is stated to have a boss at all. Since the majoirty of the enemies are original it seems, I would assume that the bosses would be the same.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Hmm, you have a point, and seeing as the development team has a full working 3D model of kraid already I suppose he is the much more likely boss.

I still think the metroid boss should be Hug$ playing in a Dark Samus suit.

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
GreenKirby wins

Seeing as every series is going to be represented by some sort of boss, what are the chances of Ridley NOT being in the game? Even as a boss he could be unlockable.
Either 100% or 0%. If hes in the game then Sakurais already put him in, I'll bet. Besides, what would be the logic in NOT putting in Ridley? And the size issue is not an issue, and anybody whos seen the Melee intro would know that.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Meta-Knight's never been a final boss, but he still got in as a PC.
Metaknight was the final boss in Revenge of Metaknight game within Kirby Superstar (though I suppose that depends whether you consider it final or not due to it not being the final game within the game, but he was still the major villain within that story arch). But I wasn't commenting on the likelihood of Ridley showing up as a PC anyway; it was on the likelihood of him showing up as a boss character based on your observation. I don't doubt that they'll make him playable.

And I was unaware that the Mecha-Ridley from Zero Mission had any part of the actual Ridley within him. I guess you learn something new everyday.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!
Ok, in the new video review for metroid prime 3 about seconds before the end of the video it shows samus in her phazon morph ball in a pipe, using bombs to dislodge Ridley's talons

He isn't meta ridley anymore, he's been corrupted by phazon, so now he looks normal. And he is super tight
He's about the size Bowser is in Mario Sunshine, probably smaller

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I would also like to say that retro studios sucks, and they should go murder their whole family before commiting suicide

ACTUAL MP3 SCREENSHOT

Now, if they don't reveal Ridley's origin(how many other are there, how old is he, etc), I will be angry. Like this didn't make me angry enough.
2 YEARS WITHOUT INFO, THEN YOU PULL THIS CRAP!?!?!?!?!?!
That is all

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Why do you hate Retro studios? they done a better job of making a 3D Metroid than even R and D 1 could do.

And why the hell do you expect them to reveal Ridley's origins?

(Just noticed im a Smash Master... HUZZAH!)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok dude seriously get ur facts straight:

Retro studios rocks
also that could be hinting that the game is indeed not canceled and could be released, obcourse it could mean nothing, but if it does, I will be VERY happy...

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I would also like to say that retro studios sucks, and they should go their whole family before commiting

ACTUAL MP3 SCREENSHOT

Now, if they don't reveal Ridley's origin(how many other are there, how old is he, etc), I will be angry. Like this didn't make me angry enough.
That is all

Maybe they wanted to wait. Maybe they wanted to be absouletly sure that this game would be done correctly.

Besides, it's a nice "Hey Metroid fans! We know you want it. You'll get it soon. ;)"

:shrug: I think it's great.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
I would also like to say that retro studios sucks, and they should go murder their whole family before commiting suicide

ACTUAL MP3 SCREENSHOT

That is all
I cracked up on this when i first saw it. :laugh:

about the video, WOHA!! that was Ridley??! i didn't pay attention or something??

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
*sigh*...*cry*
I love retro studio, and I wanted nothing more than this game to be released. I hear nothing for 2 YEARS, think my dreams have been grinded into dust, then this happens? My love for Retro is bittersweet.... I just feel ripped off

And I still think it would b awesome to discover there have been 2 ridely's and the one who you've been killing was just some second in command, and the real Ridley is more powerful than ever before or something.

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
Notice: I just finished an objective in my copy of Corruption
(Save 12 people... type things) and I had a sudden thought: (Spoilers for the game here) How about the P.E.D. for Brawl? The Phazon Enhancement Device, for those who don't know, is an object that lets Samus tap into a store of Phazon that greatly ups her power. Its appearance would be as it looks in Corruption, and it would allow the character in possession to move faster, and deliver more damage as well as faster attacks.
Is this a good idea?

EDIT: Sorry to anybody I just spoiled... I didn't realize that this many people didn't know about the
Phazon Enhancement Device

I am REALLY SORRY!

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Notice: I just finished an objective in my copy of Corruption
(Save 12 people... type things) and I had a sudden thought: How about the P.E.D. for Brawl? The Phazon Enhancement Device, for those who don't know, is an object that lets Samus tap into a store of Phazon that greatly ups her power. Its appearance would be as it looks in Corruption, and it would allow the character in possession to move faster, and deliver more damage as well as faster attacks.
Is this a good idea?
seriously :mad::mad:

Legolastom

Smash Hero
That isn't even a major spoiler anyway its been used an mentioned in almost all media about the game and is seen in loads of screen shots and videos... not to mention you get it really early on.

Yes i am talking about the missiles ( NOT!).

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
I'd rather you guys hate me for the right reasons then love me for the wrong ones. I don't want people issued warnings and this thread get closed because of the spam and off topic discussion.. just try to keep it Ridley related.

You never know when one of those mods is watching us....

Crayola

Smash Cadet
The "RIDLEY 4 BRAWL!!!!1111" will multiply by ten due to Corruption's release. How could Sakurai not put him in as a playable character? =P

Stryks

Smash Hero
Prime 3 has ridley, so as long as ur post of prime 3 has ANYTHING ridley related then were on topic, not our fault u despise the great prime saga...

pokemega32

Smash Apprentice
DUDE SPOILERS PLEASE I DIDNT FINISH READING THAT BUT SERIOUSLY... USE SPOILER TAGS

thanx XD
Jeez, could you overreact a little more?

It wasn't a spoiler, there's an entire trailer that talks about ut on the Preview channel, just because you don't know about it doesn't mean you should scream about it...

Stryks

Smash Hero
No it doesnt, its the 1st mission, and all the videos talked about where:

Trailer
Aurora Unit
PED suit
Dark samus
Valhalla

The rest where just in game videos...

and so WHAT is I overreacted? Does it bother you in any way shape or form? I alreayd had enough spoilers and I get the game tomorrow, so last thing I want is more stuff revealed, I put spoiler tags when TP was released, and those dat didnt where warned, so If anything im hlepin the guy not getting a warning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom