• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
*isn't on Ridley supporter list. But will work on making himself worthy*

Although while I'm at it, congratulations jc1sttwin.

*continues defending Ridley on WiiChat and WiiLoaded*

RDK

Smash Hero
Congrats to jc1sttwin, for becoming the newest member of Club R.I.D.L.E.Y.
I think he deserves it.

*LOOKS AT HIS OWN STANDING ON THE LIST*

Hmm....what does one have to do to move up in the ranks, Gypsy?

RDK

Smash Hero
Support Ridley I assume. And then be deemed worthy.
Listen, fool. You do not know worthy.

Lol, jk. I've been supporting Ridley from the womb. That coveted spot is as good as mine.

RDK

Smash Hero
No need to get so competitive about it >_>

I've been supporting Ridley since the Metroid days too. Just take it easy and go about your normal Ridley ways. Who knows what the future holds.
Notice the "JK", lol.

Alright, Victory. That's the last straw.

Don't make me kill you.

no flood of new members can possibly increase R.I.D.L.E.Y. aktivity lol
^ Improv, lol.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
hmm...no idea who that is.

platnum you have been with us for what? 5 minutes? Please don't embarrass yourself infront of veterans.

And Gypsy I think we can make Caaels Norfair stage idea in that edit mode now : P
This post is made of awesome. If you think this is bad...you should have seen the Ridley thread in its glory days...

RDK

Smash Hero
This post is made of awesome. If you think this is bad...you should have seen the Ridley thread in its glory days...
Back then, there were too many people who spammed and made ridiculous posts when people were actually trying to have intelligent conversation about Ridley.

Now that there's really no intelligent conversation going on, it seems the n00bs have been attracted elsewhere.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
We need to go back to "every update confirms Ridley." That's how it used to be in the old thread. Haven't seen Gyp or Fawriel or Caael or anyone around here at all. That's a shame.

Anyway, today's update confirms Ridley because it's full of awesome.
Friday's update confirms Ridley because of all the villains and heavyweights showcased.
Thursday's update confirms Ridley because Sakurai is adding popular characters from the polls.

RDK

Smash Hero
Haven't seen Gyp or Fawriel or Caael or anyone around here at all. That's a shame.
Gyp and Fawriel are on pretty actively. Caael hasn't been on in forever, though.

The Target Smash update confirms Ridley because when I first gave it a passing glance, Metaknight kind of looked like Ridley from a long distance.

Also, the DK vid update confirms Ridley because if you look closely, you can see him fighting with mindgames in the sky background.

Ridley + mindgames confirmed.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
*sigh* I wish I had become a more active member here sooner, so I could have experienced the Ridley thread more. I quite enjoyed my time spent in the old Ridley thread...

Uh... On a slightly off-topic note: Would everyone agree that Ridley, King Dedede, and Diddy Kong were THE characters that were missing from Melee? If they were in Melee, I think I would have considered the Melee roster 'complete.' :ohwell:

EDIT: PictoChat confirms Ridley, because that whale is obviously Ridley in disguise. (Notice how the characters are actually fighting on his back due to his 'TOO BIG'-ness)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I know Ridley is going to be revealed soon, before Geno I think...

RDK

Smash Hero
Everything you believe is nothing but an assumption
Beliefs and assumptions are synonymous.

But you acted like it was GOING to happen. That's all I'm saying.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Ridley is still too big
of a Nintendo icon to NOT be in Brawl. Let alone, not be announced yet. :O

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh go die. he could be a character, size doesnt matter. But he still wont. Lol. IMO.

And I found his poll, but Thx anyway DSK.
He's using spoiler tags on the rest of his message to trick people

BTW, he probably will be a character

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
Hmm. Now that's a pretty good saying. I'll need to write that down to use it sometime (or just for future reference)... :chuckle:
this is late but thank you.

also
Kirby series:started with one rep.next game sill had one rep now brawl has three.
Metroid:started with one ep.next still one rep now brawl has two.look kirby got three why cant metroid(ridley)
DK:started with one.next had one rep now brawl has two.look kirby got three King K rool perhaps?

Kirby also had meta and dedede tropyies
Metorid had the ridley throph and metroid(which is now a AT)
DK:had a K.rool trophy and diddy one(i think)

three large series all getting three reps.seems fare now.

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
More like Metroid has one and a half reps due to Zamus not being a full character. One good reason we need Ridley.

Michael Blaine

Smash Apprentice
Ridleys chances are very low now. his music is "ridley boss fight". Come on now lol that's almost as obvious as nook. It's gonna be the biggest lol of all time when he gets officially deconned

is their a link to his actually list from an actual page? Cause I just keep finding stupid forums.
Closest I can get you is this, which I don't know why you couldn't find yourself as it's a sticky in the Brawl Character Discussion page: Characters on Sakurai's Poll (scroll to the bottom of the post for the nominal rankings). Since it is a sticky, it's obviously not some fan-made poll.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Ridleys chances are very low now.
Far from the contrary.

his music is "ridley boss fight".
That's just the name of his song from the Metroid games it's played in. It's always been called that.

If the title of his music had officially meant or implied that he was going to be a boss in Brawl, we probably would've gotten something like a "Petey boss fight" theme as well, but we didn't.

Come on now lol that's almost as obvious as nook.
Not really. Nook, we actually see in the background of a stage. Ridley, we still haven't seen anything of yet (concerning Brawl only).

Hell. Even the stage of Ridley's lair (Norfair) has been confirmed, and he wasn't shown in the background like Nook, or as a boss. Thus, his "chances" are far from very low, but quite the opposite. Why would they make a remix of his theme song, as well as add in a stage of him, but not Ridley himself? That doesn't add up.

It's gonna be the biggest lol of all time when he gets officially deconned
That's fine. Don't really care. Even if he's not playable (or in the game at all) by some chance, I'm not gonna throw a big hissy fit over it like some people might. I'll just say Sakurai didn't make the best choice and leave it at that, and ignore the stupid kids taunting the supporters with posts like "I told you so :laugh:" and what not (at least I'll be ignoring them, as I have better things to do than remain in this thread afterward to put up with that crap).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom