• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
oh god i missed typed sorry for the people who are shocked i ment to say
with norfair not having ridley in the background this has to increase ridley chances as a pc.but where does the ridley music fit in.it isnt on norfair.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Wow so many posts... anyways 1. No you cant join 2. I thought you were already in?

Riddle 4 t3h brawls

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
oh god i missed typed sorry for the people who are shocked i ment to say
with norfair not having ridley in the background this has to increase ridley chances as a pc.but where does the ridley music fit in.it isnt on norfair.

i think that ridley's music will be one of the extra tracks that you obtain via CD's like the dojo update a while ago. So it will probably be an alternate song you can have for various metroid levels. my guess anyway

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Trying to catch up on backlog...

Uh....it has been confirmed (not by pics as of yet) that there is a Metroid AT...kind of in the same way that Little Mac has been confirmed an AT, but there are no pics of him yet. There's no need to wait for a DOJO update.

Yeah, all we need now is some real confirmation for SSE boss information. I think it would be a lot easier if Sakurai would give us another SSE boss, Ridley or not. We could then measure Ridley's chances by the importance of that boss. It's also well possible that there will be original characters made for bosses. Not every SSE boss HAS to be from a Nintendo character series.

'Cause yeah....this wait can really get to you after awhile, darn it...

Shuma

Smash Hero
If you're not right you might have all this guys in your doorstep by the next week.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I though Knucles was gay and he ****ed Sonic and Tails in one night,i might be wrong. But i remember Sakurai sayd that's why he will never ever be in Brawl.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
I've been feeling the tug of doubts lately myself regarding Ridley's chances.

...But now I'm starting to get another feeling. I'm really starting to think that Kraid is going to be a SSE boss, not Ridley.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=27202

"Super Smash Bros. Brawl features a sprawling adventure mode called “The Subspace Emissary” that’s a full game in and of itself. Players jump and brawl their way through enemy-packed side-scrolling levels, meeting up with other characters, watching incredible cinematics and taking on massive bosses."

I don't know...but Ridley isn't the only guy with a model from SSBM. They could easily take Kraid's model from SSBM, update it a bit, and bam! Instant "massive" SSE boss. I would find it rather strange for Nintendo, who already made a Ridley model that's far from "massive" and make it larger. I mean they CAN if they want, but then they could easily shrink it back down and make it playable.

So provided SSE bosses aren't meant to be playable, I just feel like Kraid is better suited for the position. He can't be made playable without it feeling really goofy. He already has a model just like Ridley's, but it definitely isn't designed for the same kind of fighting that Ridley could be made to do.

Basically, if they really wanted Ridley as a large SSE boss, they'd have to redesign him. If that's the case, they mind as well make him playable. I mean sure, you got Petey who was designed with noticeable detail, and he's not playable. But we all know his role in his games is not comparable to Ridley. In fact, it's more comparable to Kraid, who just isn't as major of a character (unfortunately).

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Legolastom, I just now fully read your thread and realized...

I want to join club R.I.D.L.E.Y.

And I was talking to Luni over the phone, and he said Ridley is pronounced, "Rid-ley", as in, "I want to get rid of that dog." I thought it was pronounced, "Ride-ly", as in, "Do you need a ride?".

I am wrong? Is LUNI right?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I want to join club R.I.D.L.E.Y.

And I was talking to Luni over the phone, and he said Ridley is pronounced, "Rid-ley", as in, "I want to get rid of that dog." I thought it was pronounced, "Ride-ly", as in, "Do you need a ride?".

I am wrong? Is LUNI right?
Yes, your wrong...Ridley is a name in real life...and how would it be Ridely when that's not how it's spelled and it wouldn't be pronounced like that?

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ridley:

Samus, we must burn them all and **** their woman, then we should steal everything, yeah sounds like a nice plan.

Samus:

You do know there is only one female in mushroom kingdom and that we're supposed to rescue her... right?

Ridley:

You can **** the mushroom.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Another thing I realized about Ridley...

People call him the "Bowser" or "Ganondorf" of Metroid. I never felt that was completely correct.

But now I know it!

Ridley is the "Vile" of Metroid. "Vile" is from the Megaman X series. An enemy of X that had seemingly died before and yet still returned. He never is the ultimate boss of any of the games, but he's definitely an intimidating presence and an evil force that X must fight.

Now unfortunately the last time Vile "died" was X3, and he really didn't return. He sure made it sound like he was planning to though. o_O

Shuma

Smash Hero
But uhh... Ridley IS the main antagonist of the Metroid series even if he's not the last boss.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
But uhh... Ridley IS the main antagonist of the Metroid series even if he's not the last boss.
Honestly, Ridley's a "main" antagonist because he doesn't friggin DIE! In Metroid 1 and 3 it was Mother Brain. In Prime 1-3 it was Metroid Prime/Dark Samus. In Fusion, it was X Parasites. I don't know how it works in Zero Missions, but I'll assume Ridley wasn't the mastermind behind it all.

When Ridley finally becomes the mastermind in a Metroid game, THEN he can be a "main" antagonist. Right now, he's Samus's arch-nemesis and one persistent pain in her side...but he's yet to truly be a "main" antagonist.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Honestly, Ridley's a "main" antagonist because he doesn't friggin DIE! In Metroid 1 and 3 it was Mother Brain. In Prime 1-3 it was Metroid Prime/Dark Samus. In Fusion, it was X Parasites. I don't know how it works in Zero Missions, but I'll assume Ridley wasn't the mastermind behind it all.

When Ridley finally becomes the mastermind in a Metroid game, THEN he can be a "main" antagonist. Right now, he's Samus's arch-nemesis and one persistent pain in her side...but he's yet to truly be a "main" antagonist.
He's the main, except in Fusion, because he has more to do with Samus than any of the other villains, and they usually aren't even real enemies...Like the mother brain who wasn't even the leader of anything...

Think of him like Ganondorf and the Big Bosses as Ganon, but without transformation

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ridley IS the master mind in every game, in 1 and 3 and Zero Mission, he protects Mother Brain, but Mother Brain "works" for Pirate Command, and Ridley is part of Pirate command, in Prime 1 the bad guys are the pirates led by Ridley Prime 2 the bad guy is Dark Samus and in 3... i honestly haven't played it.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yes. When it comes to Metroid, final boss =/= main villain.

And King Dedede's the final boss in only 1 Kirby game, yet he's still considered the main villain by many for other reasons, so yeah. Saying Ridley's not the main villain of Metroid just because he's usually not the last boss is a poor argument.
Some have said Mother Brain's the real leader of the Space Pirates and what not, but where was she in the Prime series? Where was she in Fusion? Nowhere. Ridley took whatever role Mother Brain had before, and delivered. :cool:

Not a main antagonist? Uh, dude. Ridley's actions in Super Metroid and Metroid Prime (the first one) triggered the plot of the entire games. The only reason Samus went to Tallon IV in the first place (after the Pirate Frigate exploded) was because she was pursuing Ridley, and the only reason Samus returned to Zebes in Super Metroid was because Ridley stole the Metroid hatchling at the Ceres Station. Sounds like main antagonist material to me.

If Mother Brain's so capable as a main antagonist, why didn't she just try taking the Metroid hatchling back from the Ceres Station herself?

In 3, you just fight him while falling. You have to kill him before you go splat.
True, but he comes back again later in the game. ;)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
so can i join R.I.D.L.E.Y.?
yeah can i also join club R.I.D.L.E.Y?

I want to join club R.I.D.L.E.Y.?
ah, so you want to join...ok. well, i can let you guys in, being the founder and such. however, you must follow a guideline before joining. here's what you can do.

You can either post 100 very well thought out posts in this thread then PM me a reason why you want to join...

You can do an awesome artwork (drawn, computer, whatever) of Ridley then PM me a reason why you want to join WITH the picture so i can review...

Or you can do Gypsy's quiz and post me the answers along with the quiz. If you get all but 2 right, you can join

have fun, hopefully i will see your PMs soon

Ridley for Brawl

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
ah, so you want to join...ok. well, i can let you guys in, being the founder and such. however, you must follow a guideline before joining. here's what you can do.

You can either post 100 very well thought out posts in this thread then PM me a reason why you want to join...

You can do an awesome artwork (drawn, computer, whatever) of Ridley then PM me a reason why you want to join WITH the picture so i can review...

Or you can do Gypsy's quiz and post me the answers along with the quiz. If you get all but 2 right, you can join

have fun, hopefully i will see your PMs soon

Ridley for Brawl
Hey, I didn't know my best bud invented club R.I.D.L.E.Y. I should get in free. :grin:

I'll draw. Please post a link of an image in my shop, so I don't forget about it. It's called "Zelda's Drawing Shop" in Artwork Emporium. I'm on a Wii right now, so I can't get you a link...

STUPID EDIT BUTTON!

EDIT: sorry for dp...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom