• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ridley=Shattered to little pieces of ice, station blown to pieces, with a whole planet ice=/=fire thus, ridley=dead.

At least he should be dead.

Edit:

Prime 3 is before Metroid II WTF? Metroid, Prime, Prime 2, Prime 3, Metroid 2, Super MEtroid, Metroid Fusion.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Claus also "died" before and was brought back...as a cyborg...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It doesn't matter if a character is dead. They can still be in Brawl, since they would just be trophies.

/debate

So i herd u liek Ridleyz?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
But Ridley is dead, now. if he survives... then it's ****ing stupid.
Nah. Ridley's too cool to die permanently.

We need a new Metroid antagonist.
Not really. We get a new Metroid antagonist in like... every new game that's released or so (Dark Samus, Gorea, etc).

Ridley=Shattered to little pieces of ice, station blown to pieces, with a whole planet ice=/=fire thus, ridley=dead.
Likewise, Ridley's body is shown getting blown to bits when defeated in Super Metroid, and the planet you beat him on in that game (Zebes) is shown blowing up as well (not too long afterward).

So I guess by that, he should be dead, right? Wrong. He still appears in Fusion regardless (of course it's unknown how he got frozen, or how he even got in that X-Parasted infested station in the first place. **** plot holes).

But yeah. This kinda goes to show why one shouldn't take what they see on the TV screen for what's actually supposed to happen in the story, unless you see an in-game scan (through the Scan Visor) about Ridley being dead for good in a future game or something.

You make Ridley sad
Funny that you should post that, seeing as how I requested a friend of mine to make a sad emoticon out of that pic one time, which resulted in this :

(The wing had to get taken out. Otherwise, it would've been too big for a smiley.)

Shuma

Smash Hero
Dear god, i love Ridley you all know it, but i think it's enough, at least give us a logical explanation of how he survives, Nintendo is Evil, EVIL!.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Dear god, i love Ridley you all know it, but i think it's enough, at least give us a logical explanation of how he survives, Nintendo is Evil, EVIL!.
How does he survive? The same way Ganon/dorf, Andross, etc. do. :p

But yeah. I feel Nintendo owes us more explanations than what they've been giving us concerning how a certain # of their villains almost always manage to survive against the odds and all that.
Then again, there may not be anymore logical explanations of how they survive than what Nintendo's been giving at all. Maybe those certain villains just survive because they can, for the sake of Nintendo having traditional/classic antagonists (which Ridley delivers :)), just like they've always had the same protagonists (Samus, Mario, etc).

I don't know. There's many different viewpoints one can have on something such as this. If you try to come up with theories on how Ridley cheats death, it'll most likely just lead to plot holes in the end anyway (like with that 'clone' theory a lot of people use all the time).

Also, tomarrow. Try raiding this.

http://s3.invisionfree.com/Smashing_Sonic_Speed/

S.S.S's forum. Eheheheheheheheheh.

Ridley for Brawl
Oh. Look. Another Invisioncrap forum that'll probably die within a week or so anyway!

Shuma

Smash Hero
Well Ganondorf just *sleeps* when the triforce of power *sleeps* so he *dies* but he *doesn't*.

Actually that makes no sense, i think i need a little sleep.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Well Ganondorf just *sleeps* when the triforce of power *sleeps* so he *dies* but he *doesn't*.

Actually that makes no sense, i think i need a little sleep.
That makes two of us...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh ****, I do think they are watchin' us...

The Japanese wrote something on their page about some kind of misunderstanding concerning Ridley and them deciding he was not playable or something along those lines...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Ganondorf = Kept alive by the Triforce of power... the most powerful thing in the universe.
Bowser = Comical character in a comical series he never really dies he just gets defeated.
Andross = Dead... didn't you know that?
Ridley = Alien antagonist in a serious series, recurring but will likely get his time.

And on top of that Fusion feels like a very "Near the end of the series" game... for some reason. But how do we know that Ridley isn't the name of the species? I mean for all we know they changed his colour to let us know they were different XD

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
And on top of that Fusion feels like a very "Near the end of the series" game... for some reason. But how do we know that Ridley isn't the name of the species? I mean for all we know they changed his colour to let us know they were different XD
Ridley isn't a name of a species, Ridley is the name of the leader of the Space Pirates. He's most likely whatever species they are, just a bigger version.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Andross = Dead... didn't you know that?
Yeah, but I don't see what's to keep him from coming back again like he did the last time by using the energy of the Krazoa spirits to revive himself. :ohwell:
On a side note, I would've much rather preferred to fight General Scales than him in Star Fox Adventures. Speaking of Scales, although it's highly unlikely that he'd be playable or anything (Wolf and Krystal obviously take that spotlight), I hope they at least have him as a boss, AT, or something.

Ridley = Alien antagonist in a serious series, recurring but will likely get his time.
Which probably won't be 'till there's a final (and I mean final) game in the series. If that's the case, he should probably be the last boss of that final game (since he was the one who killed Samus' parents and all).

And on top of that Fusion feels like a very "Near the end of the series" game... for some reason.
True...

But how do we know that Ridley isn't the name of the species? I mean for all we know they changed his colour to let us know they were different XD
Um, it was mentioned in the manual of the original (NES) Metroid and what not that Ridley is the last of his species, which were native to Zebes. How the rest of his kind died away is unknown though, but it may have something to do with the Chozo that were on Zebes. I don't know.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Quick statement, I honestly believe the space pirates have some sort of cloning technology, which would explain the same charactre dying and coming back so often, also their complete disregard for their own safety/well-being/life.

Also, haven't you heard the rumors of Metroid Dread?

Ridley for Brawl

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Quick statement, I honestly believe the space pirates have some sort of cloning technology, which would explain the same charactre dying and coming back so often.
Yeah. That's usually the conclusion most people come to on that subject, but I don't think that's really the case. If they could just clone Ridley, why not clone an army of him or something? There's many things that contradict the cloning theory.

Also, haven't you heard the rumors of Metroid Dread?
It was said to have been cancelled a long time ago, but fans seem to think it still exists or something due to the in-game scan in Metroid Prime 3 about "project dread", but I don't think it has anything to do with the game that they had planned at first (just like how there's a room in the first Metroid Prime called Research Lab Aether and there being a planet named Aether in MP2. Recycled names. Nothing more).

Also, welcome to smashboards.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I dont see how else Ridley could have survived all of those encounters with Samus. I mean hes completely destroyed in a couple games, so how else would he continue, other than some sort of complete genetic reconstruction process. Also, I WANT to believe that there will be a Metroid Dread, whether there will be one or not.
I'm fully willing however to accept any reasonable means for Ridley's survival.

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
Actually, Ridley DOES live, according to the timeline of Metroid. Timeline-wise, the plot of Super Metroid happens AFTER the Prime series. Which means nto only did he live, he got his original body back.

Weird, huh? :confused:

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
i wonder what there doing in the extra time they are taking to make brawl.probably ridley

Im also glad that norfair is a coarse instead of Ridleys Lair because norfair seems to have to no approach of ridley while ridley lair couldve had him flying in the background(duh!) etc.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I think thats why they made that game. In order to give extra characters, build a fanbase, and then branch off. Its simple, genious, and effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom