• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
guys, I just heard Ridley's in the game...kinda..

see, he's so huge, the entire game actually takes place on Ridley himself. Levels and all. Its right on his chest, where his left nipple would be, if he indeed had nipples.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I wish Sakurai would hurry up and reveal Ridley. All this recent doubt has even started to make me slightly doubt in his playability. :ohwell:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...I'm just saying, it's the only site we have with a Japanese perspective...It's good to have multiple perspectives on who they think will be characters as well as us

...and they somehow know they are being watched by us...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
May I remind you the Japanese don't like the Metroid Series that much?

And Ridleh is tied with Ike and Diddy on Sakurai's poll, they are both in, and like I said, the Japanese don't like Metroid, the poll was Japanese Only Ridleh Doubters!
They don't like PRIME, they like the Metroid Series, at least Super and such...

that has nothing to do if they believe he's going to be a boss or not

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
I can't make heads or tails from that site. But I'm glad they at least like Dark Samus. (yeah I like her don't kill me)

I originally wouldn't have cared if Ridley was a PC or a boss, because I just wanted him in that badly.
But the more I read on this thread, well, **** it, I want to play Ridley. It was way back, I don't remember who said it, and I've already said this a month or so ago, but I did like the idea of Ridley being a boss and being a playable character. It would be a cool way to unlock him. Beat the crap out of Meta Ridley and get a smaller purple and red space-pirate-dragon of our very own to play.

Or just have him transform to Meta for a Final Smash, kinda like Giga Boswer. Only way better.

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
we still haven't seen more than like two minutes of footage in that level. So who knows..

Okay nevermind, I just thought of something, I'm an idiot. I'm sure one of the game sites would have told us that Ridley popped up in the level. And the lava coming as you from the bottom and the sides seems to be enough of a hazard as it is. I'm still going to be worried until we get confirmation for PC. if we get that much, it would make the four month wait a lot more tolerable.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well on the Norfair stage, which is playing the Metroid Boss Music, which means it wasn't intended for a Boss Battle, No Ridleh for Hazard w00tz0rs!
I'm not agreeing with them, I'm just giving caution

Shuma

Smash Hero
Well, by now it's very fair to say that Ridley IS in the game, but as of lately i'm having doubts, why? i don't know why. But i have this feeling that he might be de-confirmed soon, let's pray for it not to happen.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Or they make Ridley in the background, occasionally flying by...

Shuma

Smash Hero
Nope it makes no sense, why?

Let me ask you something, why do you think Sakurai put Kraid and not Ridley in the background of Melee's Stage?

Because he knows that Ridley deserves more than just that, the worst case Scenario is that Ridley became a boss, it's either that or a PC slot.

Zarckoh

Smash Apprentice
I think that Ridley will not be revealed soon, just until the game comes out, he seems to be as unlockable material, and probably Sakurai will not reveal secret characters excluding third parties.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think that Ridley will not be revealed soon, just until the game comes out, he seems to be as unlockable material, and probably Sakurai will not reveal secret characters excluding third parties.
Well tell that to Sonic

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
They don't like PRIME, they like the Metroid Series, at least Super and such...

that has nothing to do if they believe he's going to be a boss or not
The Metroid series isn't really that popular in Japan compared to Mario and Zelda...

...which means that Ridley being high in the poll means that he has a pretty good chance.
Well on the Norfair stage, which is playing the Metroid Boss Music
That's not what I was hearing...

Shuma

Smash Hero
He did say he would show unlockables in time, because he knows they will get leaked aniway, also there's the rumor of the Prima guide coming out on Dec 3rd, AND it comes out in Japan January 24. So we'll know about the Secret characters aniway.

Zarckoh

Smash Apprentice
Well, I hope that the secrets characters are revealed soon, either from the same Dojo or any other source, and I REALLY expect to see Ridley as a playabe character with an awesome appearance, not a simple boss.

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
i say that they are now reveling abrand new character every week and two days. lucas was revealed on a monday and then the week after on wednesdday sonic was reveled. so isay a new character will come on friday. hope that its ridley. or jigglypuff. they both own

Shuma

Smash Hero
I just noticed.... all my hopefulls are villains, except Issac, maybe Claus.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Right, you are.

Edit:

I know Claus's Story, he was more like a victim, kinda like Darth Vader.

(Spoiler tags are gay, this IS RIDLEY!, no place for gayness)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Huge reason why Claus cant be in.
Hes dead.

Anyways, about Ridley. How fast would he be. Would his intellegence play somewhat of a role in Subspace?

Another spoiler for you
Ridley's dead too...

Shuma

Smash Hero
But Ridley is dead, now. if he survives... then it's ****ing stupid. We need a new Metroid antagonist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom