• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
Norfair is a stage in Brawl. For those who don't know, Norfair is Ridley's lair of sorts.

This in my eyes is only supporting Ridley's chances.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah...Norfair, I saw that!...could this be a sign?

Ridley's lair is Norfair in Super isn't it?

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Ooo I should take a look at that, and I will nap and play some other things to pass the time.

I'm not even tweaking on Halo 3..

Time to look in more detail of the videos...

-Onyx

Shuma

Smash Hero
Nope, Ridley's Lair has always been Lower norfair/Ridley's Lair, with the stone pillars and stuff.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Whatever. Peach *** isn't that sexy, erm i mean, Ridley a boss!? Blasphemy. He did say he would contact me if he got any info on that so....

MySmash

Smash Cadet
So one of Ridley's lairs is a stage in Brawl? That seems promising...however I am still quite nervous.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was trembling while watching the Norfair footage....

afraid that he will be a stage hazard...

but he didn't show up.

WHEW.
Where is that at...I can't find anywhere where they selected that stage?

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Vids are short but.. sweet I got to say.

Was lookin at the background for Ridley too :X

But the falling part in the castle siege doesn't seem to be a fully falling thing. Theres an invisible floor :/

-Onyx

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
I knew I wasn't the only one here examining those videos for any signs of Ridley. =P

Glad to see he isn't there. Also glad to hear there's a Metroid AT. All the more chances that Ridley is playable.

Oh, and I haven't really been working on that Ridley drawing. I gotta get back on that so I can finish it. I colored the head just to see how it would look in color, and it looks quite good for MSPaint. =)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea i was watching the BG as well... anyways if you look in the Background there might be stone pillars of some sort... or not but whatever.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I was trembling while watching the Norfair footage....

afraid that he will be a stage hazard...

but he didn't show up.

WHEW.
That was the most tense I've ever felt watching gameplay footage of any kind. I didn't want to watch it just because of that possibility. But thank the lord he wasnt there lol.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
the fact that he WASN'T there probably is enough to say he is as good as in.

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
I'M BAAACK, BOOOOOOOOOOI. Yes, I have to do that every time I don't log in for a month or more. Norfair? Ridley confirmed. Just that.

Though I am glad we don't see him as a hazard or background object, we might see his huge stone head in the stage, like in SM when you're getting to the deep parts of Norfair there's a huge one like that.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
While everything about Norfair isn't known yet, the outlook looks good that Ridley isn't in the background. With that in mind, his chances have gone even higher than they were before. Still, we need the update on the site that confirms everything about the stage. We only got a tiny look at it really. =/

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace
What if they do the same they did in melee? Brinstar, Brinstar Depths? Norfair looks a lot like Melee's Brinstar now...
What if they put Lower Norfair as another Stage? IDK, I just thought about this...
Still there are a lot of reasons to make Ridley a playable character

fireyboy345

Smash Cadet
we will just have to wait and see. but i think that ridley will be a boss. He is the perfect fit. They need bosses for the subspace emerssanary.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
we will just have to wait and see. but i think that ridley will be a boss. He is the perfect fit. They need bosses for the subspace emerssanary.
...and you can't think of a single boss from metroid that would leave Ridley open for playable?

fireyboy345

Smash Cadet
no im just saying he wouldnt be playable it is just a possiblity that he might be a boss. Yes he would also be a very cool character to play. Yes there is also dark samus as a boss. But samus' arch rival from the old games is ridley and like petey pirhana he is a bad guy. It is not that i am trying to say anything mean about him. Also it would be cool when he makes it onto the game playable or not.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
...and you can't think of a single boss from metroid that would leave Ridley open for playable?
No way! Ridley is the only boss in the Metroid series. It's just endless Ridley fights. Tiny Ridleys also make up the entire cast of enemies in the game. (SPOILER: If you beat the game in a fast enough time, Samus will take off her helmet and reveal she's actually a Ridley!) All the planets actually take place on Ridley's BACK!

Should a planet really be a playable character?

Venus for Brawl. (Sakurai wants more female characters)

(I may have gotten a little carried away there...)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
....guys ridely is too big to be a playable character.... in the games he is pretty big.... too big to be a character, but the perfect size to be a boss.....
Kirby's too big also, he's actually the size of Merury and the game takes place on a sun sized planet...

fireyboy345

Smash Cadet
Look at the glass half full. Even if he is a boss you will still have a fun time playing the game. and action replays to wonders when it comes to makeing bosses playable. WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE HINT HINT WIGGLE WIGGLE what ever other noice or action you do when you are trying to hint someone off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom