The New Phantom Thief of Persona 5 The Royal - Kasumi Yoshizawa/"Jane"

EarlTamm

Smash Master
i have a feeling that's why there were two kasumi skins being built from joker - one thief, one uniform. the uniform is arguably her more iconic look, anyway - it even features on the box-art when the other party members are in their thief costumes.

the glasses were a neat little touch by sakurai for replicating joker's mask/changing portrait, but probably not actually necessary for kasumi.
I can agree on that, though I would argue that her thief outfit has become iconic for completely diffrent reasons. Though, I get the feeling that Sakurai would try to do something like the glasses. Having 3/4 Persona alts pull this unique trait that even changes the character icon and not have the last one do the same feels unlike him, especially with his way of designing things.

Gentlepanda

Sees Edea at Weekends
Premium
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I can agree on that, though I would argue that her thief outfit has become iconic for completely diffrent reasons. Though, I get the feeling that Sakurai would try to do something like the glasses. Having 3/4 Persona alts pull this unique trait that even changes the character icon and not have the last one do the same feels unlike him, especially with his way of designing things.
at the very least, there is 'precedent' in P5 for summoning personas from nothing. joker's DLC uniform skin removes his glasses when summoning a persona, but the other characters in uniforms just grab the area where their thief masks would be, with the blue fire effect appearing but nothing on the skin itself changing.

if there's not an existing way to do it with her appearance, then i don't really see sakurai just flat out making one up, unless he went for something weird like her red bow. much easier to just keep the animation and the blue fire effect intact while keeping the skin as is.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Master
When do you guys think she’ll be revealed/released assuming she actually happens
Well, I doubt she would be apart of the pass itself. when she gets revealed is really up to how Nintendo approaches DLC outside the fighter pass, if at all. However, if they do something for echo characters, then that is when Kasumi would be at her most likely.

Last edited:

Peripuff

Smash Cadet
Well, I doubt she would be apart of the pass itself. when she gets revealed is really up to how Nintendo approaches DLC outside the fighter pass, if at all. However, if they do something for echo characters, then that is when Kasumi would be at her most likely.
Yeah, she would most definitely be an echo. I guess it's just a wait-and-see situation as to whether or not they do release echo fighters. I was just wondering whether she'd coincide with P5R in Japan perhaps. Although now that I think about it, it would be quite difficult to reach any reasonable conclusion in regards to her inclusion.

Gentlepanda

Sees Edea at Weekends
Premium
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
When do you guys think she’ll be revealed/released assuming she actually happens
no earlier than P5R's launch in october. they could keep her until janurary/february 2020 alongside fighter 5 if they wanted to tie in with the US release (like how corrin came out midway between the japan/overseas releases of fates), but given how japan-centric Atlus is, i'd say her chances decrease drastically if october/november come and go without even a sign of her.

To me it also comes down to if there's a significant info drop at some point, with her persona and more.
It could either be early, or it could be near or around the release. I do think later is more likely now though, with what they've shown. :/