• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Phantom Thief of Persona 5 The Royal - Kasumi Yoshizawa/"Jane"

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
i have a feeling that's why there were two kasumi skins being built from joker - one thief, one uniform. the uniform is arguably her more iconic look, anyway - it even features on the box-art when the other party members are in their thief costumes.

the glasses were a neat little touch by sakurai for replicating joker's mask/changing portrait, but probably not actually necessary for kasumi.
I can agree on that, though I would argue that her thief outfit has become iconic for completely diffrent reasons. Though, I get the feeling that Sakurai would try to do something like the glasses. Having 3/4 Persona alts pull this unique trait that even changes the character icon and not have the last one do the same feels unlike him, especially with his way of designing things.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I can agree on that, though I would argue that her thief outfit has become iconic for completely diffrent reasons. Though, I get the feeling that Sakurai would try to do something like the glasses. Having 3/4 Persona alts pull this unique trait that even changes the character icon and not have the last one do the same feels unlike him, especially with his way of designing things.
at the very least, there is 'precedent' in P5 for summoning personas from nothing. joker's DLC uniform skin removes his glasses when summoning a persona, but the other characters in uniforms just grab the area where their thief masks would be, with the blue fire effect appearing but nothing on the skin itself changing.

if there's not an existing way to do it with her appearance, then i don't really see sakurai just flat out making one up, unless he went for something weird like her red bow. much easier to just keep the animation and the blue fire effect intact while keeping the skin as is.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
When do you guys think she’ll be revealed/released assuming she actually happens
Well, I doubt she would be apart of the pass itself. when she gets revealed is really up to how Nintendo approaches DLC outside the fighter pass, if at all. However, if they do something for echo characters, then that is when Kasumi would be at her most likely.

Last edited:

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
Well, I doubt she would be apart of the pass itself. when she gets revealed is really up to how Nintendo approaches DLC outside the fighter pass, if at all. However, if they do something for echo characters, then that is when Kasumi would be at her most likely.
Yeah, she would most definitely be an echo. I guess it's just a wait-and-see situation as to whether or not they do release echo fighters. I was just wondering whether she'd coincide with P5R in Japan perhaps. Although now that I think about it, it would be quite difficult to reach any reasonable conclusion in regards to her inclusion.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
When do you guys think she’ll be revealed/released assuming she actually happens
no earlier than P5R's launch in october. they could keep her until janurary/february 2020 alongside fighter 5 if they wanted to tie in with the US release (like how corrin came out midway between the japan/overseas releases of fates), but given how japan-centric Atlus is, i'd say her chances decrease drastically if october/november come and go without even a sign of her.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
To me it also comes down to if there's a significant info drop at some point, with her persona and more.
It could either be early, or it could be near or around the release. I do think later is more likely now though, with what they've shown. :/

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Felt like there were more pages here

Edit: Nevermind, in my mind I thought there were 15 pages. Must've confused it with a different page. Anyways, anyone see the Confidant video posted a day or so ago

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
ah, we're back
Sorry it's been so long. For reasons I kinda just left this thread alone, but now that news is coming it's time to speculate.
Edit:
Ooo that's just in 8 hours :D

Do we keep hoping to finally see her persona? XD
It's likely that we will. If it has wings, we will likely be set. If it doesn't, we will need to hope that they change the up B.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Sorry it's been so long. For reasons I kinda just left this thread alone, but now that news is coming it's time to speculate.
Edit:

It's likely that we will. If it has wings, we will likely be set. If it doesn't, we will need to hope that they change the up B.
Heh. let's hope youre right. Im not sure myself, but either way i wanna see more about her :)

D

Deleted member

I still think that Kasumi is likely for a separate echo or semi-echo DLC.

She seems like a fair pick for one.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
here on janeboards, we stan the only character outside of erdrick with a confirmed presence in the files

ours is a noble crusade

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Anything you guys want to see from the trailer besides Kasumi's Persona?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
codename, persona, and persona name, are really the ones i wanna know. Other than that, just show me more her personality or anything more about her :)

Oh, and maybe more skills.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

codename, persona, and persona name, are really the ones i wanna know. Other than that, just show me more her personality or anything more about her :)
Personality is always welcome.

The key of making a good character is to give them traits, hobbies or tastes to work an identity around it.

Minor details like those made Miles Morales shine on his own in stuff like ITSV or Spidey PS4 more than in the comics.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
her codename so we can either parade baboom around the block or smother it in its sleep
Yeah, that is going to a major one. I am sure we will find out about it in this trailer since it's centered on Kasumi.
Probably an animated segment similar to the one Joker had at the Game Awards.
Man, what if that was the case, all the way down to he recieving a Smash invite.

"You thought I was a P5R Kasumi trailer, but it was me, Smash!
Personality is always welcome.

The key of making a good character is to give them traits, hobbies or tastes to work an identity around it.

Minor details like those made Miles Morales shine on his own in stuff like ITSV or Spidey PS4 more than in the comics.
We don't know too much besides her athletic focus, so personality would be great.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So, we need to see translations. As for her Persona, it's figure is close enough to Arsène, but it does not have wings. It does have a garment that could be used as a replacement, but I am not too sure about that.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So, we need to see translations. As for her Persona, it's figure is close enough to Arsène, but it does not have wings. It does have a garment that could be used as a replacement, but I am not too sure about that.
I could easily see it fly, but it definitely wouldnt be wings of rebellion. Or to say, there isn't a direct connection.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I don't think I've seen any fire skills with that effect, then again, I can't read Japanese so I don't know what skill was used there
The skill it hits with totally looks flaming tho. It might be a flame based skill, rather than something like agi.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
the fire move is heat wave, so it's unrelated to her element

Teeb147

Smash Legend
the fire move is heat wave, so it's unrelated to her element
Why do you say it's unrelated? I dont think they'd show some random skill that isn't her element.

We can see the flame on the enemy too, definitely fire-based.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I just noticed, in the scene we would assume would be her awakening, there is no blood when she tears off her mask. That's weird.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I just noticed, in the scene we would assume would be her awakening, there is no blood when she tears off her mask. That's weird.
I wonder if it's an oversight, there's some reason for it.

I was also thinking, what if she'd have multiple elements, for variation? I think that'd be cool, even if very useful :p

Last edited:

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
Why do you say it's unrelated? I dont think they'd show some random skill that isn't her element.

They get hit with a "Critical" afterwards, which only happens with gun and physical moves

That happened with Makoto as well

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

it deals crit, not weakness, so it's a physical based move

other personas have heat wave but still use other elements (chie from p4, iirc)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
They get hit with a "Critical" afterwards, which only happens with gun and physical moves

That happened with Makoto as well
What heat wave? can you show where it's listed?

Last edited:
Top Bottom