• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Phantom Thief of Persona 5 The Royal - Kasumi Yoshizawa/"Jane"

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I have an idea. What damage type does Galeem use?
I know the Cross Bombs do Aura damage, everything else either does Slash (like the Drill attack), Electric (like the Lasers and Splitting Orb), or Fire (like the Explosive Orb and those orbs fired when split into 3)

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
What did this Jane do?
basically nothing of importance by the looks of it, and only belongs to some live action 2000s disney show

probably just a fun coincidence, but it did make me go "huh"

i do wonder if there's any other connection to be drawn between cendrillon and 'jane', though

Teeb147

Smash Legend
basically nothing of importance by the looks of it, and only belongs to some live action 2000s disney show

probably just a fun coincidence, but it did make me go "huh"

i do wonder if there's any other connection to be drawn between cendrillon and 'jane', though
Hmm. I can't really find much to note with just quick searches, but maybe there'd me something in the older stories. dunno.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i do sort of get the feeling 'jane' might make more sense once her codename is revealed, as i'm a firm believer in the crackpot jack=jack nicholson=joker theory

any fairy tale references would likely be relegated to cendrilon's internal smash codename, as with arsene/doyle

Teeb147

Smash Legend
i do sort of get the feeling 'jane' might make more sense once her codename is revealed, as i'm a firm believer in the crackpot jack=jack nicholson=joker theory

any fairy tale references would likely be relegated to cendrilon's internal smash codename, as with arsene/doyle
Well jack doesnt relate that much to joker, besides playing cards which we dont even know if that was part of it.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Well jack doesnt relate that much to joker, besides playing cards which we dont even know if that was part of it.
probably boils down to one of 4:
  • jack of all trades (wildcard)
  • jack playing card/joker playing card
  • jack frost (atlus rep)
  • jack nicholson's joker
though i guess my point's more that if jack has little relevance to joker, then it has even less to arsene, and so i wouldn't expect jane to have much relevance to cendrillon either

just reveal her codename already atlus please and thanks

Last edited:

Polan

Smash Lord
dunno if this has been posted already but it feels pretty relevant to this thread: atlus confirming that p5r isn't coming to any other consoles (shocker, i know)
http://p-ch.jp/news/3580/
really don't expect this game to ever hit any other consoles tbh. that sweet sony cash will ensure that.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
dunno if this has been posted already but it feels pretty relevant to this thread: atlus confirming that p5r isn't coming to any other consoles (shocker, i know)
http://p-ch.jp/news/3580/
really don't expect this game to ever hit any other consoles tbh. that sweet sony cash will ensure that.
That, and Atlus is stubborn like that. The only SMTverse games I can think of that were multiplatform across Nintendo and Sony hardware were SMT 1, 2, If and Soul Hackers. And even then, the Nintendo console versions were the original versions of those games (except Soul Hackers, which started out on Sega hardware instead).

Phantom Strikers is basically just giving Koei Tecmo/Omega Force something to do between Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi installments, so it barely even counts as an outlier.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
yeah, royal definitely isn't coming to switch any time soon

with regards to kasumi, however, i think any question of royal's relevance to nintendo became a moot point the moment she was actually found in smash's files

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
What did this Jane do?
In Descendants, Jane steals the Fairy Godmother's wand to free Maleficent so she could have beauty in return iirc. She's a good person but felt like she was ugly so she stole it at the last minute. There is a sequel but I haven't seen it.

Given what we know, I don't think that codename was really meant to reference her

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
royal's english trailer is out

significantly, this means that kasumi's english VA is already locked down

D

Deleted member

That new trailer was great, tbh.

And thankfully it seems possible to get a shared release date on the East and West for once.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
That new trailer was great, tbh.

And thankfully it seems possible to get a shared release date on the East and West for once.
They already announced the release times, and they're not close to one another, unfortunately.

D

Deleted member

They already announced the release times, and they're not close to one another, unfortunately.
Oh, that’s a shame.

Although it won’t feel like a long wait for me honestly, since I had worse and longer wait periods.

And yeah, I’m still excited.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
if nothing else, the fact that they already have the VAs in and recording lines is very promising for a release not too long after japan, e.g. jan/feb 2020

i'm doubly pumped because even if kasumi's in smash i was only expecting full localisation work to begin around september/october, but it sounds like they're already well underway

D

Deleted member

if nothing else, the fact that they already have the VAs in and recording lines is very promising for a release not too long after japan, e.g. jan/feb 2020

i'm doubly pumped because even if kasumi's in smash i was only expecting full localisation work to begin around september/october, but it sounds like they're already well underway
Yeah, I was glad to see that the localisation was done pretty fast than how I am used to.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
all things considered i think it's very unlikely at this point in the year, but i am starting to wonder about nintendo's e3 now

>kasumi's persona revealed
>kasumi's all out attack revealed
>kasumi's english VA revealed
>done the day before nintendo's e3
>atlus is kicking off western marketing for royal way earlier than expected
>kasumi's model was already near-completed by february

besides it just making more sense to add her in october, everything's sort of in place already

Teeb147

Smash Legend
all things considered i think it's very unlikely at this point in the year, but i am starting to wonder about nintendo's e3 now

besides it just making more sense to add her in october, everything's sort of in place already
For me it was either early or later. I wouldnt see them putting her before closer to the release now.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
For me it was either early or later. I wouldnt see them putting her before closer to the release now.
i think the things we still sort of need are her element (probably bless) and her codename

once those are shown off it's fair game from then onwards

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
royal's english trailer is out

significantly, this means that kasumi's english VA is already locked down
I swore off Smashboards because of spoiler avoidance, but i had to come back for this when I saw it.

Yeah, everything really is in place for Kasumi to be made, especially with the revelation of an English VA. I wonder who it is though.

Kasumi avatar btw.

D

Deleted member

I swore off Smashboards because of spoiler avoidance, but i had to come back for this when I saw it.

Yeah, everything really is in place for Kasumi to be made, especially with the revelation of an English VA. I wonder who it is though.

Kasumi avatar btw.
That new avatar is cool!

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Kasumi avatar btw.
Nice to see you with an avatar ;)

Also, it's not impossible for there to be spoilers around but Sabi got a cease and desist from nintendo so there'll be less of them ;p

D

Deleted member

Also, it's not impossible for there to be spoilers around but Sabi got a cease and desist from nintendo so there'll be less of them ;p
Gonna be serious, I hope that Sabi is getting better after recent events.

I am a common user from their Discord and some of the people close to them such as myself are kind of worried since they have not been active after that tweet.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That new avatar is cool!
Thanks! After some consideration post me having to ditch my previous one, I figured a transition to a Kasumi icon would work quite well actually. I went from red haird, black clothed bad*** to a diffrent red haired, black clothed bad***.

You never know. That sort of thing just comes at you in an instant.

If there has been no leak as of yet, perhaps I can take one last round before I go back into hiding. Has there been such a leak?

Edit:
Btw, I found who is voicing Kasumi.
Any of you guys know this voice actor?

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Thanks! After some consideration post me having to ditch my previous one, I figured a transition to a Kasumi icon would work quite well actually. I went from red haird, black clothed bad*** to a diffrent red haired, black clothed bad***.

You never know. That sort of thing just comes at you in an instant.

If there has been no leak as of yet, perhaps I can take one last round before I go back into hiding. Has there been such a leak?

Edit:
Btw, I found who is voicing Kasumi.
Any of you guys know this voice actor?
voiced primrose, silvia in fire emblem heroes, and now kasumi

laura post likes dancers

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
voiced primrose, silvia in fire emblem heroes, and now kasumi

laura post likes dancers
Looked into her more, found out that she voices Ahri from League of Legends and Valentine from Skullgirls.

Neat.

Also, is there any possible spoilers going around the community right now, because I would like to know if it's safe to peek my head out of this thread.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Looked into her more, found out that she voices Ahri from League of Legends and Valentine from Skullgirls.

Neat.

Also, is there any possible spoilers going around the community right now, because I would like to know if it's safe to peek my head out of this thread.
if anything, there's more confusion than ever

if you're going full spoiler avoid mode though, i'd just steer clear for now

it's only 25ish hours left

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
if anything, there's more confusion than ever

if you're going full spoiler avoid mode though, i'd just steer clear for now

it's only 25ish hours left
Yeah, I will just have to find ways to keep myself busy with other things. Kinda got into a major habit of checking in on this place and it's throwing me off.

Welp, back into the hole I go.

D

Deleted member

I loved her character in Octopath the most.

Glad to see such a cool voice actress doing the role of Kasumi.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah, I will just have to find ways to keep myself busy with other things. Kinda got into a major habit of checking in on this place and it's throwing me off.

Welp, back into the hole I go.
There's no new spoilers going around for nintendo. not yet anyway.
But do what you feel good about ;p

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
as i posted on the social thread, p5r's press release calls the counselor a 'central character'

big role incoming

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
as i posted on the social thread, p5r's press release calls the counselor a 'central character'

big role incoming
I wonder if he is linked to Kasumi and her deal in any way. That is probably the case. If they are both working together on something that is quite bad, I imagine Kasumi will be the more sympathetic and redeemable of the two. As you said in the general, there are some major P4 killer vibes coming off of him.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
So the new Morgana Report and it has some details on Kasumi. I can't read Japanese but someone translated some Kasumi details, namely that her Arcana is Faith and that she uses Bless and Physical skills (there goes my bet that she would use Curse skills)

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So the new Morgana Report and it has some details on Kasumi. I can't read Japanese but someone translated some Kasumi details, namely that her Arcana is Faith and that she uses Bless and Physical skills (there goes my bet that she would use Curse skills)

amageish amageish said that the tarrot seems to be a new version of Death made for P5R. Since death means change, Faith must relate to that in some way.

Top Bottom