• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW Peach Guide + New Noob Guide

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Not sure who did all this but it looks amazing - well done everyone

I assume everyone is happy for the Match Up Thread to be unstickied now? I'd like to have it unlocked but let it sleep for now. Just so we have a reference for the match ups incase anyone changes/alters the match ups in this thread from what they've been agreed upon

There's a couple of ratios that differ with what are in the thread, I wouldn't mind ironing those out so I can get my copy of the match up thread up to date and then let it sleep :p

Mikachiru

Smash Ace
This guide makes me happy. <3

I think some of the match ups were supposed to be changed but idk.

Lol @ ninja Rick. XD

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
Wow, love the new guide. The formatting and general look of the post are amazing. Thank you for consolidating all of this information into one comprehensive guide.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
We can always take this many steps further. I just sparked an idea of having MANY Combo/ Peach player videos up towards the end to give both beginners and pros some visuals on tricks and combos. If they see something they like that happens to not be on the thread, they can post up a question about it. And when I say "Combo" I don't mean stupid fragments of matchups and Peach KOing someone in some stupid "Yet epic looking" way.
For example

"Wow, that was a pretty sick move that Peach pulled off (Nothing lucky or Bomb- Omb pulls)."

Number the videos so you wont have to dig through them.

"Hmm. Video number 23? Alright!"

They post the time marking on the video

For Example
4:13 - 4:17

Description of the move can be optional.

I think this would be a great addition. As a noob to brawl it was hard to get around the terms and textual descriptions of moves. It would be very genourous to add this for all of the newcommers. If they recognize something in the video that they couldn't understand in the text, this would be perfect to at least point some things out for them.

:) Hope you like the idea.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Ok I've been doing some comparisons and these are the differences between the ratios in my version of the MU thread and this version

Diddy Kong: 55:45 is 60:40
Ganondorf: 65:35 is 70:30
Lucario: 50:50 is 40:60
Mario: 55:45 is 60:40
Meta Knight: 65:35 is 60:40 - this is my fault because I've only recently just changed it to 65:35
Pit: 55:45 is 50:50
Pokemon Trainer 55:45 is 60:40 - what happened to the specific write ups for all 3 Pokemon btw? And which heartless swine deleted the Pokemon TV show intro quote :mad:
Sonic: 65:35 is 60:40
Toon Link: 45:55 is 40:60
Zelda: 65:35 is 60:40

....actually counting up, theres rather a lot of ratio changes
:ohwell:
So yea, I wouldn't mind ironing those out, I don't who use uses the Peach Backroom account but a lot of these ratios don't agree with my version of the MU thread and I'd like to make sure they're agreed upon by everyone. I certainly have a few questions for some of the ratios

I also noticed that you've put either Nicoles or my information in the collapse tags - Nicoles information where its available. This doesn't bother me in the cases like Olimar where the write up clearly trumps mine but in the cases like MK, I put a lot of effort into that write up and its fairly recent as well. Especially when pretty much all the information is one big quote that I put in my MK MU quote section anyway. You've also missed out Roxy's (or Dark Pappy Charles I think is his name now) write up for the Samus match up and I think it was generally agreed that it was a good write up. Thats my fault though since I never got round to editing it in my version :S

If match up information is wrong/crap then tell me (I'm surprised nobody has done already :lick:) and I'll happily alter it or remove it - I'm not going to shout at you :laugh: Obviously if I think what I've written is ok I'll defend it at the least but if the majority of people say something like 'Sorry Rick, the match up information you've written is wrong/outdated/not as good as Person A's write up so we're using this instead' then I honestly don't mind - I'd like to see the guide to be as a good as possible

And just to make clear - I don't believe in simply using one write up either, maybe a combination of different peoples write ups since different people usually cover different things in different ways?

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I say just make that Big Colored MU Chart of every character and within the ratios write up that most agree on put like something under it or within it that makes you think why the ratio is like 5 more or less.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Lul.. No one has said anything about mah post.

I feel lonely on the Peach boards now.
It sounds like a good idea but stuff like that are suppost to be put up in the Video archive thread. Can we makea thread or something about stage play? I cant tell you enough people asking me what do you counter pick against Peach and I always say its more of whats good for you really.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
It sounds like a good idea but stuff like that are suppost to be put up in the Video archive thread. Can we makea thread or something about stage play? I cant tell you enough people asking me what do you counter pick against Peach and I always say its more of whats good for you really.
Ohhh I know, but I think it would be nice for a Peach player to be able to grab everything from one thread, and not have to travel everywhere to get bits of information. You all can put up videos of yourselves playing, and other Peach players can learn, not just combos, but mind games, positioning, and have better ideas of what a user of a certain character would try to do against them. That's how I learned more than half the things I know now.

Xyless

Smash Master
No wonder I couldn't find this topic. It got stickied! Finally.

I say just make that Big Colored MU Chart of every character and within the ratios write up that most agree on put like something under it or within it that makes you think why the ratio is like 5 more or less.
You mean like this?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
You mean this?

Uhh, oh hi Xyless. ...didn't know you'd show up wearing that too.

But he destroys Peach.

Woooooooooooooow
Pft... Marth can only do two things. Fair, and Dtilt to stop peach. We can easily beat out marth on the ground I think if we use enough turnips. If he goes airborn, mess up with his spacing of Fair by getting close to him and OoS Nair. After that, it's all about edgeguarding.
Easier said than done ;(

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
I asked this in the other Peach discussion thread.

I am hitting 100% against a Snake, and he is 120-130. How do I go about getting that kill move in. I have a bad problem with being too obvious when I go for kill moves.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
If it's a good snake he won't die by anything yet with good di except our upsmash aka.... Get him in the air and predict something to land the upsmash

Xyless

Smash Master
And while you are trying to bait him at kill range to do things, keep pulling turnips out of his attack range and throwing at them, to chip more damage.

Every % counts against Snake.

plus5keen

Smash Cadet
If you can predict the timing on ZSS's side-B, you should be able to short-hop your f-air over the whip. Just practice the spacing in some friendlies.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Your best option is the just shield her side-b. Most good ZSS players won't be using it a lot anyways, since it's pretty easy to deal with. After you shield it, they will most likely expect you to attack them in their ending lag, so wait a second to bait their prediction. It sounds a bit complicated, but once you get used to the situation, it's not that hard. Be prepared for Dsmash and Dash attack :)

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I think under one of the aerials (especially nair), you should put float-cancelled nair as an advanced technique. And by that I mean you float really glose to the ground, nair and immediately release the float to have it autocancel.

It's definitely an advanced technique. Allows for amazing quick punishes, and can chain at certain percentages.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Pft... Marth can only do two things. Fair, and Dtilt to stop peach. We can easily beat out marth on the ground I think if we use enough turnips. If he goes airborn, mess up with his spacing of Fair by getting close to him and OoS Nair. After that, it's all about edgeguarding.
Easier said than done ;(

Danicin Blade and Dolphi Slash? ANd freaking nair as well? Fair and Dair are not the only things that marth does to stop peach

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
I figure I should mention this somewhere, (hopefully where it gets seen.) I'm also leaving off some detail in hopes that the last word catches people's attention.
I never check these boards so if I need to be most specific, someone will have to PM/VM me

If you have a turnip while aerial locking, you can lock them across the stage then when you run out of room...
  • Jump over them and drop the turnip.
  • Footstool them back to the ground.
  • Cancel the footstool with your float.
  • Do another aerial (Nair/Bair) to catch the turnip.
  • Run into them again with the last part of that same aerial.
  • Continue the lock back across the stage.
The general concept works, I've reversed myself many times over top people in this way, with the turnip still in hand...I just can't aerial lock people.

Added to the fact that it is very difficult to do the lock, it is additionally tough to grab the turnip with the aerial. The float also puts you out of normal lock posistion, so it complicates things even more.

Regardless of the difficulty, it is a Peach infinite.

The Peach Back Room

Smash Rookie
Though under construction, the guide is now including a stage section! Source information will be pulled from Xyless's Stage Discussion thread. Though it is unfortunately lacking several maps.

Also, a newer update will include a section under the working title "The Basics: How to Play as Peach".

Problem is, it's not written yet! After much discussion, we've come to the conclusion that "basic Peach" is actually very subjective. Because of that, we're inviting the Peach boards as whole to contribute - how would you teach a new player to play Peach competitively?

Please answer the questions below, and anything else you feel is important.

What is best focused on when learning Peach?

What are common mistakes?

Which are Peach's best moves and when are they best used?

How do you kill?

How do you survive, DI, and recover?

Which ATs are most important and how should they be used and learned?

Once enough opinions are collected, the section will be written combining and quoting the best answers and information. Please put some effort into your contributions! Peach is a difficult enough character, the newbies need help!

Everyone's opinions are welcome - please post responses in this thread.

Top Bottom