• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Official Mewtwo Thread

Sinistar

Smash Journeyman
I really hope that's not Volt Tackle.

I'd love to see Mewtwo back... he's a great character. Lucario doesn't deserve to replace him... If Lucario wants in, he can be his OWN character, not a replacement. He doesn't have any Physic abilities!

I really hope he makes it back. (also, can I be added?)

Wrong

Lucario learns Psychic and Vaccum Wave. Even though Vaccum Wave is a fighting move, it is similar to a psychic move.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Trolling?
Yes trolling, you keep going to every thread saying that the character is not in the speculated roster a bunch of prophets gave us.
Does the truth count as that though?
No but it's not the truth.
I want Mewtwo in as much as the next guy here, but it's not going to happen.
You assume everything, yet know nothing.
Playing the denial game, and shooting down every source that disagrees with your hopes and dreams is rather childish.
And calling me childish for not believing the prophets is childish.

DevilRyodo

Smash Cadet
Sounds just like those ness supporters, AMIRITE?
Ness is in the game though, Mewtwo isn't.:dizzy:

Oh well I'll leave for now. And when it's more official, I'll be back for one more post. Deny harder, he may just get confirmed! ;)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Ness is in the game though, Mewtwo isn't.:dizzy:

Oh well I'll leave for now. And when it's more official, I'll be back for one more post. Deny harder, he may just get confirmed! ;)
Mewtwo is not out, nobody cares if you leave, and stop being an idiot

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Just let them believe what they want to believe, there's only so long until the final roster is officially confirmed. You're *NOT* being any help, Ryodo.

*-edit...my bad.

Fawriel

Smash Master
And for someone with a Jigglypuff signature, they're acting remarkably uncute.

Look, an anti-hero is an anti-hero. They might fight the heroes if there's a reason to, but someone like Dedede would probably just have one little fight with a hero over a plate of food and then join up when he realizes that something's going on. He's like that.

And villains will be playable as well. But LATER. And the stickers aren't going to show ALL the characters they can be used on if said characters have NOT BEEN UNLOCKED yet. Why would the game spoil itself?

With Serebii and everything, I don't really expect Mewtwo anymore, but this is not denial, it's analysis.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Okay.

Here it goes.

As we know, in SSE, there are the "Good Guys" and the "Bad Guys", and thats why Sakurai incorporated "Villians" of many of the Franchises in Brawl.

In melee, it was very, VERY apparent that Mewtwo was evil. Between the purple fire he shared with Gannondorf, and those maniacal laughs.

Anyhow, for the purpose of SSE, it would not make sense to remove Mewtwo, as he basically is the only villain of Pokemon that can be used with an original Moveset outside of SSE, just like DeDeDe and Bowser.

Notice I said "Original Moveset". Thats because there are plenty of other villains in the Pokemon world, such as "Team Rocket" or "Team [Insert Theme Here]". The problem with that, is they would be virtual clones of PT, recycling his unique idea.

Also, we already know Rayquaza is a boss. Come on people, Rayquaza is hardly evil. Infact, he has nothing to do with the SSE as far as things go.

Fox crashes into his home, and Diddy runs over to see what happened, and Rayquaza wakes up, finds a huge metal contraption crashed into his lake, and sees a little monkey he can beat his anger out on. Rayquaza is hardly evil, but instinctive. Besides, Rayquaza is just a quick little 5 minute battle with Fox, which is hardly awesome compared to some Epic Charizard v. Mewtwo battle.

Since Mewtwo would be a boss in SSE, sort of how he was a boss in the sense of Event 51, he wouldn't have his face on the Groudon Trophy, is because you can't equip stickers to characters you don't play as in SSE.

If, somehow, that theory doesn't float with you, we can use the nice, plain, "We don't know the state in which the game was in when those screenshots were taken, because the "NEW" on a lot of the stickers suggest that it isn't complete.

Thanks for reading, and please reply if you agree/have a counter argument(but not another theory, because arguing theories with theories is just hard to do).

^_^v
-DD

*I had my own topic for this, but Youko suggested I post it here instead.*

Jiikae

Typing of the Red
darkdragoon I said the same thing for the stickers. Everything isn't unlocked in that video. Because first of all I believe there would be a bit more stickers if everything was unlocked could be wrong but its very likely. But the main reason is because some of those stickers say new...... suggesting the person playing recently unlocked those stickers.

D

Deleted member

Since Mewtwo would be a boss in SSE, sort of how he was a boss in the sense of Event 51, he wouldn't have his face on the Groudon Trophy, is because you can't equip stickers to characters you don't play as in SSE.
Could it mean the same for Claus?

Cerulean_Charizard

Smash Cadet
Eh, I originally was going to type a long rant but Smashboards went weird and crashed so it didn't send. Good job it didn't actually, I think I would have been a pain to read, plus I think I quoted the wrong quote because of the weird hitch the boards were having (probably my slow computer again). Basically it was a rant saying about why Mewtwo got cut out, and how Ness was kept in. I am thinking that hopefully this doesn't disconfirm Mewtwo, but it does lower his chances.

Although I hate to admit it, it would be worse if they took Jigglypuff out, even though Mewtwo is my favourite and most used Melee character. If worse comes to worse, I still have Pokemon Trainer to look forward too. Epic battles with Charizard all the way!

Gigan X3

Smash Apprentice
Cerulean Charizard said:
Eh, I originally was going to type a long rant but Smashboards went weird and crashed so it didn't send. Good job it didn't actually, I think I would have been a pain to read, plus I think I quoted the wrong quote because of the weird hitch the boards were having (probably my slow computer again). Basically it was a rant saying about why Mewtwo got cut out, and how Ness was kept in. I am thinking that hopefully this doesn't disconfirm Mewtwo, but it does lower his chances.

Although I hate to admit it, it would be worse if they took Jigglypuff out, even though Mewtwo is my favourite and most used Melee character. If worse comes to worse, I still have Pokemon Trainer to look forward too. Epic battles with Charizard all the way!
Hahaha I feel you brother! But then while I was thinking on the bed I thought the following thing:

Dark Dragoon said:
Well seems like I'm sharing thoughts with various members.:chuckle:

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
he still isnt deconfirmed yet though like your sig says. the pokemon is really high seller and could have all of them. which would be even better for both the lucario shrine and the genetic genocide. i dont believe he's deconfirmed until a japanese kid has a video of him showin all the characters.

and thats also true he could not even be in the sse but i doubt it.

kaid

Smash Master
As for Claus... Mewtwo and Ness had several things going for them that Claus would not, the first being movesets. Turning a Melee character into a brawl character is as simple as turning Captian Falcon into Gannondorf or Fox into Falco- they look a little different, their moves act a little different, but most of the work was already done.

kaid

Smash Master
As for Claus... Mewtwo and Ness had several things going for them that Claus would not, the first being movesets. Turning a Melee character into a brawl character is as simple as turning Captian Falcon into Gannondorf or Fox into Falco- they look a little different, their moves act a little different, but most of the work was already done.

kaid

Smash Master

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I'm a Mewtwo supporter too (I plan to change my sig replacing Sheik for Mewtwo to reflect that soon) but I can't help but think:

After you beat a Subspace stage for the first time, isn't it likely you can CHOOSE your character when you redo a stage? Apparantly you can change the difficulty (on the stickers update) when you've completed a stage already, so it would make sense if you could play the stages with anyone by doing the same thing. This would mean Mewtwo COULD be playable in SSE, same with Claus.

So I stand by my best argument:

- Mewtwo is hard to unlock in Melee
- Would probably be the same in Brawl
- Game data that the footage was taken from has not unlocked Mewtwo yet.

Mewtwo for Brawl! Ness pulled through, even with his now "non-unique" moveset! Mewtwo HAS to be in!

EPX2

Smash Ace
Trolling? Does the truth count as that though? I want Mewtwo in as much as the next guy here, but it's not going to happen. Playing the denial game, and shooting down every source that disagrees with your hopes and dreams is rather childish.
*yawn*

Same old BS rabid "LOL NESS IT OUT SAKURAI EVEN SAID SO" fanatics spouted prior to last night. Incidentally, most of these users haven't shown their face since Ness' confirmation. I see people still haven't learned yet that making such absolute statements usually doesn't turn out well.

I'll just take this opportunity to link to my [WIKI="User:EPX2"]Wiki page[/WIKI], which, incidentally, has Mewtwo on my roster. If it turns out I'm wrong about him returning as a playable character, feel free to ridicule me. I'll have no qualms admitting that I was wrong, but I won't be. ;)

Venraneld

Smash Cadet
Has anybody thought of the fact that Mewtwo's image may have not appeared in that video because he wasn't unlocked in that version of the game? Let me put it like this: if Mewtwo were to be in the game, no one would deny that he'd be a hidden character right? So when putting stickers on your trophy, the game wouldn't show you all the characters that you haven't unlocked yet. He is definitely not deconfirmed due to the leak, because who knows what players they had unlocked in that version of the game. I guess this also would also be valid for the Claus theory that the Mother fans are freaking out about.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Has anybody thought of the fact that Mewtwo's image may have not appeared in that video because he wasn't unlocked in that version of the game? Let me put it like this: if Mewtwo were to be in the game, no one would deny that he'd be a hidden character right? So when putting stickers on your trophy, the game wouldn't show you all the characters that you haven't unlocked yet. He is definitely not deconfirmed due to the leak, because who knows what players they had unlocked in that version of the game. I guess this also would also be valid for the Claus theory that the Mother fans are freaking out about.
That's what I said on a few threads but nobody believed to me.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
yeah i suggested that too. I also thought that because he is a villian, and thus far we have not seen any villians as playable in se, mabye you dont play as him in se.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
yeah i suggested that too. I also thought that because he is a villian, and thus far we have not seen any villians as playable in se, mabye you dont play as him in se.
That seems to be the case, as Bowser and Dedede hardly count as villains anymore; more like joke villain/antihero characters.

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
I would LOVE too see Mewtwo in brawl, most people ''Favourite'' characters tends to be who there best with...and that tends to be higher Tier characters. Mewtwo is worthy to be in Brawl, but with a kick *** update like Bowser's new moves and invisabilty frames!

I just hopin' my favourites Gannon and Pitchu make it...:ohwell:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
That seems to be the case, as Bowser and Dedede hardly count as villains anymore; more like joke villain/antihero characters.
Mario Party killed Bowser....and Dedede was never always the main villain, he's more like Wario :ohwell:
@DpoC and Ridley FTTB!!!: You're welcome :)

Top Bottom