• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Official Mewtwo Thread

XACE-K

Smash Master
That seems to be the case, as Bowser and Dedede hardly count as villains anymore; more like joke villain/antihero characters.
The Mario spinoff games basically killed 80% of Bowser.The remaining 20 percent is Bowser in Smash and non spinoff Mario games.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
The Mario spinoff games basically killed 80% of Bowser.The remaining 20 percent is Bowser in Smash and non spinoff Mario games.

Meh, you could go ahead and say that but I think Bowser has only been a lovestruck king that was spoilt as a child and never knew how to get his way other than by force. I kinda like him that way; he's cuter.
(Plus the "luring the Mario Bros. trap" doesn't make sense after the 10th kidnapping)

S2

Smash Lord
I agree.

Although I thought they did a good job in Galaxy of making Bowser cool again. He wasn't gimmicky, just straight up evil and selfish. The way he was intended.

I agree.

Although I thought they did a good job in Galaxy of making Bowser cool again. He wasn't gimmicky, just straight up evil and selfish. The way he was intended.
But...

Then during the ending scene, he shows up at Princess Peach's castle, defeated, and everyone seems happy and ok with it.

Now, back to Mewtwo: I think he should have more contrast in his default color. In Melee, I thought his body was too dark and his tail was too red.

Nightwonder

Smash Cadet
Nice move set for a improved Mewtwo though I think Disable should be removed for a mirror coat type move similar too when he reflected a hyperbeam in Pokemon: The First Movie. I also think Shadowball should stay in a Jagged path since it has a better hit percentage, and when it gets deflected it just goes of into space or hit the ground. I also never thought of the gliding for Mewtwo it would suit him well as a recovery along with teleport, and psycho cut would be a really unique move.

Nice move set for a improved Mewtwo though I think Disable should be removed for a mirror coat type move similar too when he reflected a hyperbeam in Pokemon: The First Movie. I also think Shadowball should stay in a Jagged path since it has a better hit percentage, and when it gets deflected it just goes of into space or hit the ground. I also never thought of the gliding for Mewtwo it would suit him well as a recovery along with teleport, and psycho cut would be a really unique move.
He can't learn Mirror Coat... People always seem to think so.

Gliding, I don't know about. He doesn't have wings, so it's not really gliding. He doesn't really need it either; as long as he isn't KOd, Mewtwo can come back from any hit.

Nightwonder

Smash Cadet
He can't learn Mirror Coat... People always seem to think so.

Gliding, I don't know about. He doesn't have wings, so it's not really gliding. He doesn't really need it either; as long as he isn't KOd, Mewtwo can come back from any hit.
hmm I could have swore he could learn Mirror Coat maybe I got it confused with counter, but Mewtwo could glide with psychic powers.

zestypizza

Smash Cadet
If Mewtwo isnt playable he better be the best dang boss I will ever fight

can you guys tell me what you think of my boss battle Idea?

my Ideal boss fight against Mewtwo would be this:

(clip before the level)
MewTwo is sitting in his throne room and all you see is his hand as he spins it around, then a storm around the island he is on is surrounded by a storm.

(level gameplay)
Pokemon trainer and Pikachu must float to the island on a raft toward the island. but this will be difficult because the subspace army are attacking you from every direction and the water is very wavy (because of the storm).

(actual boss fight)
Mewtwo sends out a pokemon that matches your pokemon trainer's pokemon and one that matches Pikachu, these pokemon are twice as strong and twice as fast. after you beat them you fight Mewtwo, he has the shadow ball teleports alot and laughs at you (through telekinesis), you also have to dodge pokeballs that fly at you from the background because if they hit pokemon trainer's pokemon you cannot use that pokemon for the rest of the match and if they hit Pikachu you must struggle out and take 50%

Hmm.... Well characters from a given series don't seem to team up with each other in the Subspace Emissary, or fight bosses from their own series for that matter. Kirby is with Mario, and then Zelda or Peach, and Mario then teams up with Pit. Donkey and Diddy start out together, but split up, and Diddy is joined by Fox. Then we have Link and Yoshi, and Samus and Pikachu. Kirby fights a Super Mario Bros. boss and Fox and Diddy fight a Pokémon boss.

So...maybe Ike or Lucas can fight him.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I'm not fond of that idea since it copies the first movie too much. Personally, I would prefer it if he returns as playable, but I'm not sure if he is after Serebii said Lucario is replacing him. If he's a boss, he should be difficult, but I don't think it should copy what happened in the first movie.

I think either Ness or Snake should face him.

XACE-K

Smash Master
If Mewtwo isnt playable he better be the best dang boss I will ever fight

can you guys tell me what you think of my boss battle Idea?

my Ideal boss fight against Mewtwo would be this:

(clip before the level)
MewTwo is sitting in his throne room and all you see is his hand as he spins it around, then a storm around the island he is on is surrounded by a storm.

(level gameplay)
Pokemon trainer and Pikachu must float to the island on a raft toward the island. but this will be difficult because the subspace army are attacking you from every direction and the water is very wavy (because of the storm).

(actual boss fight)
Mewtwo sends out a pokemon that matches your pokemon trainer's pokemon and one that matches Pikachu, these pokemon are twice as strong and twice as fast. after you beat them you fight Mewtwo, he has the shadow ball teleports alot and laughs at you (through telekinesis), you also have to dodge pokeballs that fly at you from the background because if they hit pokemon trainer's pokemon you cannot use that pokemon for the rest of the match and if they hit Pikachu you must struggle out and take 50%
Too much like the first movie so no.

Serph

Smash Journeyman
If Mewtwo is still in the game then it'll be as good as confirming a new character. I just hope they beef him up a bit. Increase his speed and give him new down B and right/left B attacks (I've always thought a reflecting barrier ability like Fox's would suit him). His Final Smash should see him rise into the air, grab any opponent within a certain radius, then send them flying in different directions.

I think the only thing keeping my hopes alive is the fact that on those stickers, there's clearly room for another character's face to appear on that strip at the bottom. No series is represented by five characters, as far as we know. So if that's the case, then why make enough room for five faces? May as well just centre them.

Of course, that's assuming there aren't any stickers which are useable by a mixture of characters from different series. ie: [Inster sticker here] is only useable by Mario, Kirby, Link, Samus and Fox. If not, then it's worth keeping in mind.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
i don't see what all the fuss is. I don't think that mewtwo fans have to worry. Sakauri said that most characters would be unlocked in se, but he never said that they would all be playable in the se. My prediction is that he appears in the subspace as a boss, and once you defeat him you unlock him in the standard melee (or brawl, or whatever its called this time around).

Luigi player

Smash Master
Well, I'm not too worried because of the sticker thing, but because of all those so called "leakers" that said Mewtwo will be replaced by Lucario...

I really hope that he'll be back... and buffed.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
also... just think about only one good reason why sakurai would lke to remove mewtwo?... there is none... it's like marth, Why someone would like to cut marth off, even now that he is even more different than ike...

(I'm still waiting to someone accept my challange ¬¬)

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
Now that I have my Lucario (Victory is tasty) I want my Mewtoo back. They can't replace each other! Pokemon needs a villain or it will look like flowers and sunshine all the time and that isn't cool. Mewtwo is the epic sauce and I want some battles with him. He was my fourth main in melee and my second favorite character. Mains: C. Falc, Falco, (I am so sad right now) Ice climbers and Mewtoo. Favorite characters: C. Falc, Mewtwo, Falco, Ganondorf, Falco and Sheik. For Brawl my favorites are: Lucario, C. Falc (Come on!), Mewtwo (If he gets better he might beat out the falcster.), Pit, PT and Metaknight.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Kay guys.
I was up in Brawl central when I came across this thread;
http://brawlcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4374&p=80995
The OP was right, there IS a blur next to Jigglypuff.
Although I dismissed it as just a blur, like a square. Then on closer inspection I realized he was right and it did have a shape (I inherited really good eyesight from my dad so I can see stuff). With a low tolerance selection tool I managed to trace the outline.

It looks like Mewtwo to me.

This may just be an overreaction but eh... worth a shot.

kaid

Smash Master
I dont see anything in the original pic sited on Brawl central:

... unless I look at an LCD display at odd angles. If you have a laptop, look at the above pic edge-on, like with the screen half-closed.

VisetheStompy

Smash Cadet
You know after declaring Mewtwo's demise in this very thread I thought about all the current legit information we have on this game versuse Mewtwo's apparaunt demise and I came to one conclusion. IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!

I mean every single other character in Melee with a unique moveset has been either confirmed or some hint has come up indicating their return (Luigi=Nintendo Rep slippup, Captain Falcon=Icon and Red Alloy, Gannon=Twilight Update Article with Shiek, G&W=Icon Theory) So why would Mewtwo be the SOLE nonclone to get the axe? It does not add up.

Sakurai indicated this might be his last smash and has constantly shown that he wants this one to be huge. He has constantly surprised me and others with amazing new features and blowing away already high expctations. It seems has tried to make everyone happy with this roster, especially fans of the previous two games and yet he drops the ball and axes only Mewtwo? Mewtwo if I remember correctly was the #1 most requested charachter to add from the Pokemon franchise and with no surprise he got in. So why take him out and keep the all the nonclone Pokemon from the last game?

The reason we have even considered his removal are certain very incriminating leaks. Namely the Sticker Screen shot, the ChaosZero Leak, Serebii, and the much debated 35 charachter roster.

I won't go into much detail on the 35 as their has been countless threads pointing out the questionable nature of it. Needless to say I have noticed that the rosters that tend to get supported as true only remain when other leaks sources seems to back them up. For example when Ness looked like he was out almost every new roster had him removed and Mewtwo in and if their wasn't obvious counterdiction people would say they were plausible. After the Chaos Zero Leak resurficed there was a sudden reversal. The majority of lists appeared with Lucario in but with both Ness and Mewtwo out and only till recently did the trend shift again to include Ness in but keep Mewtwo out.

As for the sticker screen shot their are still a few facts to remember. Yes Mewtwo is not in it and yet it did not just end and Jigglypuff with a line. No in fact their was another space just begging for Mewtwo's face to fill. Considering the nature of legendaries it only makes sense. In all Pokemon games you always get the legendaries last and in secret hard to reach places. From a story stand point it wouldn't make sense for Mewtwo to show up and then have Lucario or Jigglypuff, they aren't legendary.

Likewise the arguement for Lucario replacing Mewtwo has been asserted based on similar traits, body types, and powers. The thing however is that this same argument has been used three times before and all three times ended in spectacular failures. The first and most infamous was Ness. Every sentence, every screenshot, ever video seemed to indicate Lucas has take over Ness spot, and yet the very same video now used to discredit Mewtwo's chances blindsided us all and confirmed Ness's return.

Likewise cries that Zero Suit Samus would replace Sheik. How they moved and fought was used and how the game would not have two transoforming females. Once again it was proven wrong.

Finally there was Ike, despite the obvious combat difference the fact Ike was shown first had some assert that the game could not hold two blue haired swordsman from FE. Just today this one has also been killed. So theories on characters being replaced have fallen left and right, why would Mewtwo be any different? The only reason is because of ChaosZero and Serebii.

I would say out of all the leakers, ChaosZero and Serebii are the most legit and respectable. They aren't random trolls they both want to report accurate information. While most of what ChaosZero said was expected and anyone could have said it, his information on the Dragoon and Lucario, months before confirmation proves he had insider information, despite his constant ridicule on gamefaqs.

Serebii also has a strong track record on getting Pokemon game info well before others and I admit I frequented his site for rumor information on Diamond and Pearl the same way I frequant this board for Brawl. Both have asserted Mewtwos death and it is heart breaking to hear it from people who can actually be believed.

Despite their ability to reveal truth it does not mean they are right about everything. Its all about how they got their info, ChaosZero may have merely seen a screen shot of Lucario or even the sticker icons and, like us, deduced that Mewtwo's absence and Lucarios similiarites meant he was out. Perhaps his leak gave him false infro about Mewtwo's departure to bring his rumor in to question and keep the leaker safe.

Likewise while Serebii gets alot of accurate information on Pokemon ahead of time, he also gets alot of false information. Many times the front page would post a rumor with a credible screenshot indicating some new pokemon that eventually would turn out to be shopped. Heck, he has a part of a site dedicated to false rumors that have come up on the site. How can we be sure this isn't different.

I don't think either of them has bad intent to mislead nor do I think they are foolish, I am just saying their are falible and that the facts don't add up in their favor.

So as of right now I am retracking my statement of Mewtwo's demise. It doesn't make sense and I expect him to be in. Though I will mention that as asserted before, we have been wrong in the past. If by fate Mewtwo is the only unique to get the chopping block I won't complain. I won't write an angry letter to Nintendo nor boycott the game. The game is going to be amazing. If Mewttwo isn't in it, well then its a minor stain on a otherwise perfect game. If I want to remember his charm I at least have Melee to prove he was apart of it.

VisetheStompy

Smash Cadet
Well I have gambled everything and lost. Goodnight Sweet Prince, may a flight of angel guide thee to thy rest. Thus I close with perhaps one of the few times this link's song is relevant. =(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU *

*Its Rick Roll if people get upset, I really do think the song fits the threads feelings.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I have to admit that i still have one small faint light of hope... since the 35 roster seems almost complete..

there is circulating a chalange screen shoot with teh figure of mewtwo to be unlocked (remember Dojo Update?) but,, i cant say if it's fake or if it's just a throphie to be unlocked....

darn... this game seems so Good, but now without Ridley and maybe Mewtwo... it would be like a masterwork statue with a broken nose, or a breathtaking painting with a stain of cofee in the middle...

still i have that little tiny hope, that he will be unlocked with something like having brawl for a month, or something that made it almost imposible to be leaked....

also.. i've heard the rumor that serebii said that any roster with mewtwo, and no lucario would be fake... that just confirms lucario.. but doesn't deconfirm mewtwo at all...

(what a hopeful being i am :/ )

Top Bottom