• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Official Mewtwo Thread

DevilRyodo

Smash Cadet
Mewtwo is unfortunately out. I'm saddened by the loss as well. Hopefully SSBB gets downloadable content.

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
Too bad Mewtwo is cut (maybe). I hope he would be in as downloadable content then. I hope...
But nothings confirmed on him... yet. Notice that there is a little space for mewtwo next to jiggly in the sticker page.

Mewtwo for brawl!

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
My guess is that Mewtwo isn't returning. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it. I like Mewtwo, but as long as I can play as Squirtle I can live without him.
my thoughts exactly

I would have traded mewtwo for ivysaur alone, but now I'm also getting squirtle and charizard, the three best pokemon ever. and there's always a chance that Lucario will be similar to mewtwo in some ways. Hopefully keeping the charge ball, and getting new moves for the others...

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Urge to kill...rising...

LOL at anyone who thinks that Mewtwo has been "deconfirmed"

You guys should know better than that. Shame on you...

Luigi player

Smash Master
Maybe everyone can use it, or they want to hide K. Rool :p

I don't understand how anyone can like Ivysaur, I hate him. Squirtle was my favourite Pokemon in the first generation, until I got Pokemon Stadium...

Charizard would be okay, but it sucks that you can't just use him alone.

But Mewtwo > all.

Mewtwo was the coolest character in Melee, but sadly not the strongest.
It really sucks that he's out, I hate every Pokemon in Brawl >.<

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
I sure hope so. I was able to get over the possibility of losing Ness, but getting rid of Mewtwo is so ridiculous I didn't think I'd have to worry about it.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Luigi player

Smash Master
Maybe certain "evil" charactrs can't use stickers that the good guys can. I hope so, it's Mewtwo's only hope...
Well, they could've just not unlocked Mewtwo and that's why he isn't listed there, but Serebii confirmed that his sources said that Mewtwo's out.

So the only hope we have is that Sakurai decided to still put him in or something, but I doubt it... and I really don't want to get my hopes crushed again.

Fawriel

Smash Master
You don't even have to think that far. Mewtwo is likely to be a boss. So he'll be encountered late in the game. They have to have taken the screenshot at some point in the game, and why would they "spoil" the characters you haven't encountered yet?

EDIT: You people are too fast for and old man like me.
But, yeah, I guess not getting your hopes up seems wise.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
You don't even have to think that far. Mewtwo is likely to be a boss. So he'll be encountered late in the game. They have to have taken the screenshot at some point in the game, and why would they "spoil" the characters you haven't encountered yet?
QFT

Mewtwo may be a boss, but he will be a playable boss. If you catch my drift.

antimatter

Smash Lord
stickers are available only in subspace. villain characters wouldnt be playable in subspace. mewtwo is a villain. he could be playable in normal fights, but not in subspace.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
No they're not, I don't see any videos of people playing as Bowser or Wario.
Stop trolling..
And datz the straight truth. But while we're on that topic, I'd like to present a small idea:

After beating the game with the good guys, do you think you should be able to go through as the baddies?

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/images/modea12/modea12_080118e-l.jpg

Yeah even without the leak, this official pictures proves that these types of characters ARE playable.

Seriously denying the truth won't make your character a reality.
We still don't know that MK is evil the whole way through. I think Meta Knight will go good partways through, and Dedede most likely won't be working for SubSpace. Mewtwo still has the shot that he needs. END.

tirkaro

Smash Champion

DevilRyodo

Smash Cadet
We still don't know that MK is evil the whole way through. I think Meta Knight will go good partways through, and Dedede most likely won't be working for SubSpace. Mewtwo still has the shot that he needs. END.
Well whatever, keep denying it. Hurts you a lot more than anyone else.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

DevilRyodo

Smash Cadet
MK and DDD aren't villains, they're considered Rivals/antagonists, with Dark Matter possesing something or Nightmare as the real villain.
And you don't know the truth, stop acting like an @$$hole.
A rival of a hero is usually a villain, but whatever, dream the dead dream. Now I won't fell as bad when I'm laughing at you guys.:laugh:

Luigi player

Smash Master
It doesn't make any sense that villains shouldn't be playable in SSE.

Why would Dedede be on the list of the characters that can get this sticker? If stickers are ONLY useable in SSE? Stop fooling yourself.

Villains are Smash characters like every other one. It wouldn't make any sense that you can't play as them in SSE, because they're in the game. Wow... I still can't believe how someone could think that villains aren't playable in SSE...

Yeah, in the cutscenes, they aren't playable, obviously, but the good guys aren't playable in the cutscenes too.

DevilRyodo

Smash Cadet
GTFO already, you're just trolling now.
And no, a rival is not always the villain.
Trolling? Does the truth count as that though? I want Mewtwo in as much as the next guy here, but it's not going to happen. Playing the denial game, and shooting down every source that disagrees with your hopes and dreams is rather childish.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Trolling? Does the truth count as that though? I want Mewtwo in as much as the next guy here, but it's not going to happen. Playing the denial game, and shooting down every source that disagrees with your hopes and dreams is rather childish.
Bob Barker Says:

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Sounds just like those ness supporters, AMIRITE?

Top Bottom