• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Official Mewtwo Thread

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Haha, this pretty much deconfirms him. Why would they have all the other pokemon characters and arbitrarily leave out Mewtwo?
You didn't consider that Mewtwo would be a villain on the SSE side? Bowser and Wario are bosses, and they're playable..

kaid

Smash Master
I agree with Ismar. This in no way deconfirms Mewtwo. Untill we see a sticker with Bowser's or Gannondorf's pictures on the character line, the discussion is still open.

The Shrine is putting it's support behind the Genetic Genocide.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I don't feel the need to be hopelessly optimistic and ultimately let down. This isn't a stretch to see this as deconfirmation. Come on now, all the other pokemon were there BUT Mewtwo.

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
I don't feel the need to be hopelessly optimistic and ultimately let down. This isn't a stretch to see this as deconfirmation. Come on now, all the other pokemon were there BUT Mewtwo.
That is assuming all playable characters are playable in the SSE, which is not a fact as of now.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Well if you guys are trying to make the claim that bad guys in the game aren't playable... well Meta and Dedede have pictures of them getting stickers along with Kirby...

And seriously, they aren't going to release a picture showing every franchise with stickers...

kaid

Smash Master
Actually, thee may be another explanation. Both Groundon and Mewtwo are legendaries, so it's possible that Mewtwo is simply not a legal target for Groundon's effect.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Metaknight and Dedede are anti-heroes more than anything. They frequently help Kirby defend the world. And they could always join up with the heroes at a certain point in the game...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
No, I'm serious, I've heard no news of any of them being confirmed.
In this image from the JP Brawl movie on Wii.com, they showed Lucario's and Jigglypuff's face/icon with Pikachu's and Pokemon Trainer's..

This basically proves some of the prophets, saying Jigglypuff and Ness will return, who also said Lucario will replace Mewtwo, right...plus they don't show Mewtwo in any of the Pokemon icons...

kaid

Smash Master
I pointed this out in the Lucario shine, but it bears repeating.

Why replace Mewtwo, when they arn't even replacing Ness?

The more I think about it, I believe the stickers were just lucky slips on someone's part. They did not mean to leak characters, so they just chose stickers relatively at random.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
I pointed this out in the Lucario shine, but it bears repeating.

Why replace Mewtwo, when they arn't even replacing Ness?

The more I think about it, I believe the stickers were just lucky slips on someone's part. They did not mean to leak characters, so they just chose stickers relatively at random.
That's exactly how I feel about the whole thing. It all seems very suspicious. And even if this really does pan out to have these guys in...why would M2 be out? If M2 is out with Ness in...I think I'd lose a lot of faith in Sakurai to think properly. Why remove a character with a lot more prestige and presence but keep a guy who is unoriginal and was in one game of his own? It's silly.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Mewtwo is probably a villain in SE, wich means you wouldn't be able to put styckers on his trophy. He is not deconfirmed.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Mewtwo would have his own plot. Stoip being idiots people, we can have 5 POKEMON FOR GOD'S SAKE! Seriously-Mewtwo would work better then almost any character (better then any Pokémon) in the SSE. ANY GOOD REASON MEWTWO SHOULD LEAVE=???

1. Everyone knows him.
2. He's more popular then Lucario and Jiggs combined.
3. UP there in the top 5 most popular Pokémon with Charizard (Pikachu is #1).
4. Has so much originality potential.
5. He is the strongest Pokémon statwise tied with 5 other Pokéball'd/bossified Pokémon.
6. A full psychic moveset=win.
7. He's got MASSIVE general fanbase.
8. He's got MASSIVe pro-Brawl fanbase.
9. Before everyone found out he sucked, everyone played him. I played Brawl at a EB games 2 weeks after it came out, and everyone else played him (there were 50+ peoples). I played Kiby. Ya, I wasn't much better off. >_>
10. Because Pokémon deserves 5 reps. We have 4 confirmed-and 1 more seems very likely.
11. Lucario and Mewtwo are nothing alike.
12. Mewtwo is a original character, despite being a Mew clone. :laugh:
13. Mewtwo has a original moveset. LUCARIO IS NOTHING LIKE MEWTWO! XD
14. His roll in the SSE has lots of possibilities. He could start off being a villian, then be a hero.
15. Because he's the strongest Pokémon. Go check his Pokémon biography! XD

Now, do I have to go preach about Mewtwo in Brawl on your a**es again, or what=??? Don't make me pull out ma psychic powerz! Plus-Mewtwo needs his bottom tier REVENGE!

MEWTWO FOR TOP TIER! :) :chuckle: :psycho:

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I'm am like so worried. I believe everybody is seeing how on Brawl there are already 3 pokemon franchise spots taken. Will Mewtwo make it?

Next time on Unsolved Mysteries.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Keep rooting for our favorite legendary Pokemon everyone! Lets hope Sakurai was fine with 5 selectable Pokemon characters in Brawl!

Shuma

Smash Hero
Mewtwo and Claus are not deconfirmed yet, the stickers can only be addedd to playable SE characters, MEwtwo and Claus could very well be Villains in SE, wich means you would probably not be able to use them in SE, wich means no Stickers could be used on them.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Or maybe those stickers specifically work on those charatcers only, and not others.

That's a stretch, but until January 31st, I'll keep fighting for Mewtwo (and Claus, for that matter).

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Claus...now I want him. But it seems a little much for the EarthBound/MOTHER franchise, but here's to hoping! :) Mewtwo...is a AAA reconizable, AAA popularity, and AAA Brawl fanbase. If he's not in Brawl, SOOOOOOOOO many people will be P***ed! So many people will hate Sakurai for that, lol! XD

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Claus...now I want him. But it seems a little much for the EarthBound/MOTHER franchise, but here's to hoping! :) Mewtwo...is a AAA reconizable, AAA popularity, and AAA Brawl fanbase. If he's not in Brawl, SOOOOOOOOO many people will be P***ed! So many people will hate Sakurai for that, lol! XD
I won't be one of those people bro, but I'll be pretty **** unapproachable that whole week.:laugh::mad::laugh::mad:

Mixed.....emotions.....c'mon Mewtwo, get confirmed already. Threaten to kill Sakurai with you're telekinetic gifts if he doesn't put you on Brawl.

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . ..I really don't care about him not being on the sticker, its what EVERYONE ELSE is saying that has him deconfirmed to me.

PoR/ MarkMan/ Reno. . . These happen to be 3 people who all have Serebii's level of cred at leaks (maybe even more seeing as they leak more than one series of games). All have done huge leaks for games in the past and they are all saying the same things that have been said by Nya and CZ. As in Mew2 being gone and that the roster is 35. . .

I don't know how or why it happened but I sure as hell don't like it.:mad:
But Im willing to accept it and morn the lost of Mew2 and no Krystal/ Midna :(

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'm sorry, but I don't really trust leaks either way. Sure, reliable leakers mean it's more unlikely, but we don't know how much they're privy to in the development, or they could've been BSing but be correct up until now.

Chances folks, not absolutes, not until Sakurai says so or the game is released.

As for that video, there is no reason to assume that all the pokemon characters are grouped (if the grouping is based on something else, he could be in a different location, or he could be a subspace emissary villain like Shuma stated), furthermore there's a possibility that those icons relate to playable characters but we don't know for sure.

I saw the video, and the screens, and there's no reason to assume that the playable characters it showed were all the playable characters that are in the game (or even that what we saw relates to playable characters), and assuming that the grouping actually disincludes certain characters is premature since we have no idea what the characters are.

So chill folks, let's think about this in terms of chances increased or decreased, not in terms of whether a character is absolutely in or out, because we simply DO NOT KNOW, way too many "ifs".

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I hope Mewtwo is back, with an original moveset, and being a surprising Melee secret, he deserves it. If you ask me, the game these screens were taken from could have simply just not unlocked him yet. I see no reason to ditch an original moveset when he could be buffed and made awesome.

As for Claus, well, same with Mewtwo. I really see characters like them being some of the hardest to unlock, so they still have chances (I don't know much about Claus, but no reason to be biased here...)

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
I'm still holding hope for Mewtwo, but it does seem rather strange that the other Pokemon characters can equip Groudon but he can't.

It's also strange that Ness would return but not Mewtwo.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
People, Mewtwo will be a SSE boss, he won't be playable in the SSE, therefore he can't use stickers, therefore he's not listed there T_T
Mewtwo is not deconfirmed.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
If Wario is a boss in SSE, he still may be playable after after a series of events (I support Mewtwo but just for argument's sake)

It makes sense for Mewtwo to be an SSE boss, though it also makes sense to believe he's hard to unlock, and the game the screen is from hadn't unlocked him yet. There isn't nearly as much evidence AGAINST him as there was with Ness. Keep your hope, if Ness can make it, then Mewtwo can ;)

Mewtwo for Brawl!

S2

Smash Lord
I've always suspected that M2 may get the cut. He just wasn't all that popular in Melee (probably cause he was weak and underbalanced).

That being said, I'll be sad if he's gone. I loved playing as him. He's my favorite pokemon.

And while Lucario is a good addition, M2 being cut would simply be a bad decision. At least leave him in unchanged, that'd be better than cutting him.

Lu-Gi-Oh!

Smash Apprentice
Didn't Serebii **** up and say that they were only two more pokemon reps, one veteran and one newcomer? Or was that proven false or something?

Either way, I am PISSED at Sakurai!!! What makes this even worse is that it looks like Mewtwo might be the ONLY non-clone that's getting cut, and that makes it all the worse! What a way to kick us in the balls, Sakurai!

Chepe

Smash Lord
Yeah, it was always considered n00bish logic to think Mewtwo would be gone in Brawl... but Sakurai does seem to think the same sometimes. I mean, if Wolf was chosen over Krystal's uniqueness and Ridley was made a boss despite his importance... Mewtwo being removed wouldnt seem as surprising...

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
My guess is that Mewtwo isn't returning. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it. I like Mewtwo, but as long as I can play as Squirtle I can live without him.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Mewtwo is not cut just because of Lucario's inclusion. Him being cut doesn't make sense unless they bring in... Giratina or something.

Mewtwo and Ridley are the only characters I really wanted in, if both of them are cut then I'm going to be supremely upset.

Lu-Gi-Oh!

Smash Apprentice
Serebii just came clean guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeike View Post
ok are people deconfirming mewtwo because of serebii? I really dont want to be the one who has hope for someone who is in reality gone.
Quote:

Hey, its always possible that I'm wrong

But its not likely at all
I'M STILL PISSED AT SAKURAI!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Top Bottom