• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Official Mewtwo Thread

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
Like I already stated, the stats have already changed before in the games. This attack stat split is nothing new, the stats didn't just NOW start to change.

And Jpuff doesn't "rep" the genders added in a game that came after her appearance in SSB64. . .and breeding goes along with the gender statement. It "changed" the way you raise/ interacted with and train pokemon along with adding a new feature that greatly expanded the game play.

Your whole thing basically said that Lucario is the "embodiment of the biggest changes in pokemon history" because he has lot of physcal/special attacks and physcal/special stat blances...but stat changes have already happened in the past so Phy/ Spec attacks aint the only stat change:ohwell:

And to the other guy, Im talking about Lucario compared to Mew2, not Lucario alone.
She is stll a girl and shows that pokemon can be different genders. As Pichu shows that some pokemon have younger forms. Mewtwo repped legendaries. He should have repped it in 64 but he had to be pushed back to melee. When have the stats changed before? I honestly don't know. I'm a fan not a fanatic so I can't remember much of the changes between the games. Also I overstated in my frustration over the rampant anti Lucario sentiment in this thread.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Woa fugly sig ALERT, what the hell is that:scared:
I think that's Samus's Zero Lazer or whatever its called.

Idea for mewtwo's mechanics!

Firstly, he can fly, so lets let him, by holding the jump key, be able to maintain his height infinitely at the expense of his remaining jumps (if any), he can freely move at this level (albiet slower), and it doesn't stop unless interrupted or the player stops pressing B. Cannot do this after ^B, but can do this after recovering from airdodge.

Obviously this would make his horizontal recovery far improved, so spiking would be the prefered method of dealing with mewtwo.

Moves:

Specials:

^B: Teleport: You know what this does, no lag after move though if used ground to ground or air to ground.

B standard: Shadow Ball: Again you know what this does, but faster this time around.

>B: Miracle Eyet: If opponent is using a counter-style move or shielding, the opponent enters the vulnerability stage of the move with increased time (for shielding the dazed period, for counter the post-lag, etc).

vB: Me first: If opponent is using a move that is going to hit mewtwo, mewtwo will use the exact same move on the opponent at least a frame before the other move hits. This move has to be used in the frames prior to move actually hiting mewtwo and mewtwo has to be within the move's max range. If this does not interrupt the other character's move this is treated as a phantom hit. The actual animation for the move is done using psychic "shadow" imitations of the impiliment that would attack mewtwo. This ability begins affecting the opponent the frame it is used but only last for two frames and has a long cooldown unless it succeeds in which case it shares the cooldown of the move used. The move must be able to hit mewtwo irregardless of user input at that point, otherwise this move fails. This move takes presidence over a first-frame-hit move, and activates, though in all other cases must be used before. Any special effects of the move effect mewtwo as if he himself used the move(grabbing, fire, resting after move, lag, etc).

OR

Focus Blast: Gets a short period of invulnerability, then is vulnerable for a time, then sends a powerful blast of psychic energy out in melee range.

Standard attacks:

Standard ground: psy-punch, quickly jabs with a fist of pure psychic energy, deals little damage but has a disjointed hitbox and quick.

f-tilt: Barrier, creates a barrier of psychic energy which covers mewtwos front for a few frames, dissipates projectiles, stops attacks and anything that contacts it is dealt damage.

Up-tilt: psyflame, mewtwo clicks his fingers upwards and a psychic flame is extended straight up, lasts for a few frames then dissipates. sends the foe straight up.

d-tilt: Tail whip, sends the foe foreward at a downward angle using a tail smack, can spike areal foes.

Smashes:

F-smash: psycho cut: Forms a blade of psychic energy and then cuts with it, essentially Marth's tipper, but faster, slightly less damage, and sweet-spotting isn't as effective.

D-Smash: Psychic, sends a blast of psychic energy in both directions.

Up-Smash: Black Hole, same as before, less laggy start-up though.

Aerials:

Nair: Thunderbolt, a single ring of thunder is sent out in all directions, sends the opponent up, quick recovery.

Fair: Ice Beam, sends a beam of ice at the opponent which freezes them for a short time depending on damage, short distance.

Bair: Aerial Ace, a short charge at the opponent, not much damage, sends the foe in the direction the attack was going, quick recovery.

Dair: Iron Tail, smacks the opponent straight down, damaging and laggy (think gannondorf's dair with a disjointed hitbox).
Want me to add it to the first post?

I still like the Psywave idea from the manga for Mewtwo's Final Smash. I think it should be like a vertical Zero Laser, but more tornado-y in appearance and having more of a push like Mario's Final Smash so that foes are sucked in and sent off the top. It could also deflect projectiles, if anyone tries attacking Mewtwo while he's doing it.

StarFox64ftw

Smash Cadet
I love Mewtwo and it was disappointing on its treatment in Melee...hopefully it comes back with a vengeance in Brawl...an uber should be uber...

4ddz m3 2 t3h 1is70rz....
wow, way to call Mewtwo "it"
i am sure he would take offense!

Oathblivion

Smash Apprentice
Send your prayers for Mewtwo, we'll know in five days...

Anyways, I rather like the psywave as well, especially if it works like it did in the pokespecial manga (really, REALLY huge reflective tornado). However, I think when we get Mewtwo, he will be the same as he was in Melee, only buffed a la Bowser. It seems as though Sakurai prudently looks toward the anime/movies for the pokemon characters, meaning rather than leet special attacking god, we will see the "lord of darkness" type Mewtwo. Honestly, I'm fine with that. We might see barrier, though.

Mewtwo for top tier, -Oath

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
But do you really see Mewtwo as a girl?
Nope. But still, if you care about proper semantics, Two's got not official gender (though I would still prefer to refer to him as a male, if only because of how he's got predominantly male mannerisms in all of the media he's been showcased in).

Of course, I think we all know the real reason why the Legendaries are not assigned a gender, correct? It was just a gameplay mechanism to insure that people wouldn't just breed armies of legendaries with insane EVs.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Nope. But still, if you care about proper semantics, Two's got not official gender (though I would still prefer to refer to him as a male, if only because of how he's got predominantly male mannerisms in all of the media he's been showcased in).

Of course, I think we all know the real reason why the Legendaries are not assigned a gender, correct? It was just a gameplay mechanism to insure that people wouldn't just breed armies of legendaries with insane EVs.
In Diamond and Pearl were some legendarys with genders (which you can't breed). I'm sure if they wanted to give the legendarys genders they could've done it if you import Mewtwo or something that it's gender changes to male.

Send your prayers for Mewtwo, we'll know in five days...
Brawl has been delayed in Japan too...

In Diamond and Pearl were some legendarys with genders (which you can't breed). I'm sure if they wanted to give the legendarys genders they could've done it if you import Mewtwo or something that it's gender changes to male.
Latios and Latias also had genders, which were from the third generation.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Mewtwo is genderless but due to his badass attitude, people potray Mewtwo as a male. Mew on the other hand is also genderless but looking cuter and cudlier than Mewtwo potray Mew as female.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Along with Shadow Ball and Teleport, Mewtwo should gain the following moves:

Future Sight: Mewtwo flashes. After several seconds, in the place the move was activated, a large attack will be launched there.

Psychich: Mewtwo let's out a psy wave.

Gigan X3

Smash Apprentice
Rhubarbo said:
Future Sight: Mewtwo flashes. After several seconds, in the place the move was activated, a large attack will be launched there.
Oh Something like Snake's Remote Bomb? I like that!

XACE-K said:
Mewtwo is genderless but due to his badass attitude, people potray Mewtwo as a male. Mew on the other hand is also genderless but looking cuter and cudlier than Mewtwo potray Mew as female.
Mewtwo is too badass to be given a Gender!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Oh, realized I'm not on the support list, add me please, it's a little "special" to have contributed a potential moveset but not be on the support list.

personally i like your smash a's. there asome for someone like mew2 to have
im actually a mew2 mod over at another site
Whose Smash a's?

One thing this area is not befit of is possible movesets.

DevilRyodo

Smash Cadet
Actually I love Mewtwo, and it doesn't make sense that he may be left out. But what I do know is that he's lets just say no where in sight for now.

No reason to believe me though, but I am trying to soften the blow for some.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Actually I love Mewtwo, and it doesn't make sense that he may be left out. But what I do know is that he's lets just say no where in sight for now.

No reason to believe me though, but I am trying to soften the blow for some.
Maybe because he will be unlockable? And how is this softening the(non existing) blow?

Nezuko

Future Gadget Laboratory
All this non-mewtwo stuff is moot! You really think they'd take a step BACK? They are trying the absolute hardest to please as many people as possible. "You didn't include my fav guy!" would be quite a downer... not everyone that buys Smash is a hardcore person who looks it up on the internet and posts on forums...

Mewtwo is the most metal of all pokemon - and i'm not talking about steel type. Confused about life, confused by life. His heart is just filled with malice - he has no idea what the hell is going on or why it exists. So what does he do? BREAK THINGS. \m/

Fawriel

Smash Master
All this non-mewtwo stuff is moot! You really think they'd take a step BACK? They are trying the absolute hardest to please as many people as possible. "You didn't include my fav guy!" would be quite a downer... not everyone that buys Smash is a hardcore person who looks it up on the internet and posts on forums...
Indeed! If Sheik can stay, so can Mewtwo. No question.

Mewtwo is the most metal of all pokemon - and i'm not talking about steel type. Confused about life, confused by life. His heart is just filled with malice - he has no idea what the hell is going on or why it exists. So what does he do? BREAK THINGS. \m/
OOMPH, BABY!!

Top Bottom