• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Official Mewtwo Thread

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Mewtwo needs to come back. I mained him in SSBM, even though I was often crushed by my friends who used Peach, Marth, Ganondorf, and Pikachu often. His moves need a bit of work and less lag, but otherwise I think he is good. Maybe make him a bit more heavy, or give him that bonus that Ike and Bowser get.

I had a few ideas for his entrance.
1. A Master Ball is thrown onto the stage. It opens and Mewtwo comes out and laughs.
2. Mewtwo descends in that big purple Bubble (barrier) he was in during his Movie (when he fights Mew).
3. Mewtwo floats over wearing his armor, which he then bursts out of.

I love the sprited illustrations of potential moves for him. I agree Psycho cut should be his new Forward B move. Down B can remain Disable or become a new move. As long as they improve on it.

For his Final Smash, I'd like it to just be Psychic. That fits him. He lifts up nearby foes, shocks them with Psychic power then chucks them in a random direction.
Or
Dark Pulse, He unleashes a massive wave of Dark Energy in both directions. Would make a good Down B Move too, except with a smaller hit box and weakened of course.
Or
Trick Room. Everyone's movements are suddenly slowed down and Mewtwo glows and gains a super sonic effect. Mewtwo moves at normal speed and crashes into foes dealing damage.
I'd love it if they included the "digital boxes" effect from PBR when this is used.

Stage Idea:
Cerulean Cave (Unknown Dungeon) -http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Cerulean_Cave
This is the Cave Mewtwo is in in Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Fire Red and Leaf Green. Perfect Stage for him.
There could be a central platform, with a bit of a drop and then water surrounding it and two smaller platforms over the water, one on each side. Magikarp and Gyarados will occasionally pop out of the water and can be attacked. Gyarados attack Back with Aqua Tail. Magikarp don't. There is a high sealing and you can see stalagmites in the back. Occasionally one or two may fall dealing some damage. They shatter on impact, breaking crates and barrels if they land on them. Wild Golbat and Zubat can be seen flying around in the background. The music for the Cave is the same music from the RPGs, but Other Music can be obtained for this stage, including some music from the First Movie.

Just some ideas I had.

I'd love to be a part of this thread. Mewtwo For Brawl!

Tony_

Smash Ace
I'm in full support of Mewtwo.

I would also like to add that what Serebii is saying is nothing more than bias or hatred because his favorite pokemon didn't make it as playable (Lucario).

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Mewtwo needs to come back. I mained him in SSBM, even though I was often crushed by my friends who used Peach, Marth, Ganondorf, and Pikachu often. His moves need a bit of work and less lag, but otherwise I think he is good. Maybe make him a bit more heavy, or give him that bonus that Ike and Bowser get.

I had a few ideas for his entrance.
1. A Master Ball is thrown onto the stage. It opens and Mewtwo comes out and laughs.
2. Mewtwo descends in that big purple Bubble (barrier) he was in during his Movie (when he fights Mew).
3. Mewtwo floats over wearing his armor, which he then bursts out of.

I love the sprited illustrations of potential moves for him. I agree Psycho cut should be his new Forward B move. Down B can remain Disable or become a new move. As long as they improve on it.

For his Final Smash, I'd like it to just be Psychic. That fits him. He lifts up nearby foes, shocks them with Psychic power then chucks them in a random direction.
Or
Dark Pulse, He unleashes a massive wave of Dark Energy in both directions. Would make a good Down B Move too, except with a smaller hit box and weakened of course.
Or
Trick Room. Everyone's movements are suddenly slowed down and Mewtwo glows and gains a super sonic effect. Mewtwo moves at normal speed and crashes into foes dealing damage.
I'd love it if they included the "digital boxes" effect from PBR when this is used.

Stage Idea:
Cerulean Cave (Unknown Dungeon) -http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Cerulean_Cave
This is the Cave Mewtwo is in in Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Fire Red and Leaf Green. Perfect Stage for him.
There could be a central platform, with a bit of a drop and then water surrounding it and two smaller platforms over the water, one on each side. Magikarp and Gyarados will occasionally pop out of the water and can be attacked. Gyarados attack Back with Aqua Tail. Magikarp don't. There is a high sealing and you can see stalagmites in the back. Occasionally one or two may fall dealing some damage. They shatter on impact, breaking crates and barrels if they land on them. Wild Golbat and Zubat can be seen flying around in the background. The music for the Cave is the same music from the RPGs, but Other Music can be obtained for this stage, including some music from the First Movie.

Just some ideas I had.

I'd love to be a part of this thread. Mewtwo For Brawl!
I like this move set, and that stage seems awesome too. :)
If you want to join, ask Commander Blitzkrieg, the guy with the 1st post.

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
hey guys wat been up around here lately and sorry that stage idea was mine. i said that on the second or third page. anyways nice job wit movin the thread along commander ill be back later to check up on how its doin. mew2 for brawl

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
I'm in full support of Mewtwo.

I would also like to add that what Serebii is saying is nothing more than bias or hatred because his favorite pokemon didn't make it as playable (Lucario).
Excuse me? As much as I love Mewtwo (Third Favorite next to Falco and Captain Falcon) I have to take offense at this. First of all Lucario has everthing it takes to be playable. Secondly, he is not decomfirmed. Thirdly, being a Mewtwo fan does not mean you have to hate Lucario. I love both.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Excuse me? As much as I love Mewtwo (Third Favorite next to Falco and Captain Falcon) I have to take offense at this. First of all Lucario has everthing it takes to be playable. Secondly, he is not decomfirmed. Thirdly, being a Mewtwo fan does not mean you have to hate Lucario. I love both.
He's right, they can both be in. We have a partnership to the Lucario Shrine actually, so we don't have to argue over which should get in. 1 doesn't make it, we all grieve.

Tony_

Smash Ace
I know what you mean. However, how has Lucario helped the Pokemon franchise in terms of hype? Smash maybe a game for all the people all over, but Lucario hasn't really been memorable. It's hype died down after D/P was released. Further more, many people thought it was a legendary. After it was revealed it wasn't, its popularity some what dwindled down.

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
I know what you mean. However, how has Lucario helped the Pokemon franchise in terms of hype? Smash maybe a game for all the people all over, but Lucario hasn't really been memorable. It's hype died down after D/P was released. Further more, many people thought it was a legendary. After it was revealed it wasn't, its popularity some what dwindled down.
Based on everything I have seen you are speaking lies. Lucario is plenty popular. So many people use him or have watched his movie it isn't even funny. He is the embodiment of the biggest changes in pokemon history(the physcal/special split and the move to ds) and has a large fanbase. Plus he reps the most recent generation.

Sailyfee

Smash Apprentice
I agree that Mewtwo should come back. He was the main villain and final boss in Pokemon Stadium after all. Not to mention there's not a lot of Pokemon antagonists out there. Lucario is just popular. He hasn't done anything in Pokemon diamond that makes him memorable except for the fact that he was in a movie. That starred Mew too. Or maybe that you had to obtain him in a special way (If you played the game for DS).

I'd say Quality > Popularity.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Based on everything I have seen you are speaking lies. Lucario is plenty popular. So many people use him or have watched his movie it isn't even funny. He is the embodiment of the biggest changes in pokemon history(the physcal/special split and the move to ds) and has a large fanbase. Plus he reps the most recent generation.
Im sorry but I have no idea what you are going on about.

Mewtwo's movie is the best selling anime movie to hit the US. . . any Pokemon movie after could not hold a flame to that. And how is Lucario "the embodiment of the biggest changes in pokemon history"? Are we forgeting pokemon genders and breeding in the 2nd gen (which gave birth to the title "pokemon breeder" allowing you to somehow get pokemon with super rare and strong attacks by breeding and breeding till you got the prefect pokemon)? What about team battles from the 2nd gen (allowing for a whole new way to battle. Using 2 pokemon as a 2 man team combu)? What about the jump to full color? What about the addision of new types? What about the addision of natures, giving pokemon clear signs of what path their stats will follow for the most part?

They bearly use the DS features and there was already a change in the stats before DP from RBY to GS/RS from what I remember. He only "reps" the 4th gen in that he was a 4th gen hype-mon till release. . .now Im pretty sure the DP starters out rank him in popularity amoung arvg folk+a hand full of others.

I don't have a problem with the thing, I have made my peice with what Serebii has said and moved on. But by no means are these things that point to why the blue pup should be in. "The embodiment of the biggest changes in pokemon history" please. . .

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
i dont really care if lucario makes it or not, but what i dont get is why people seem to think that he will replace m2. Lucario is nothing like him. I could see that happening if they were somewhat similar, like say lucas and ness. But they arent the same type of character (isnt lucario fighting?). The point is in no way could lucario replace m2.

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman

Im sorry but I have no idea what you are going on about.

Mewtwo's movie is the best selling anime movie to hit the US. . . any Pokemon movie after could not hold a flame to that. And how is Lucario "the embodiment of the biggest changes in pokemon history"? Are we forgeting pokemon genders and breeding in the 2nd gen (which gave birth to the title "pokemon breeder" allowing you to somehow get pokemon with super rare and strong attacks by breeding and breeding till you got the prefect pokemon)? What about team battles from the 2nd gen (allowing for a whole new way to battle. Using 2 pokemon as a 2 man team combu)? What about the jump to full color? What about the addision of new types? What about the addision of natures, giving pokemon clear signs of what path their stats will follow for the most part?

They bearly use the DS features and there was already a change in the stats before DP from RBY to GS/RS from what I remember. He only "reps" the 4th gen in that he was a 4th gen hype-mon till release. . .now Im pretty sure the DP starters out rank him in popularity amoung arvg folk+a hand full of others.

I don't have a problem with the thing, I have made my peice with what Serebii has said and moved on. But by no means are these things that point to why the blue pup should be in. "The embodiment of the biggest changes in pokemon history" please. . .
Breeding, more types, natures and double battling were additions not changes. Changing the type of attacks is a change and a fairly significant one. I'll give you full color and pokemon genders. Genders are repped by Jiggly and her/his mostly girl self. It's kind of hard to rep colors specifically though.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Mewtwo has to be in. Consider this:
In Smash 64 Sakurai wanted Mewtwo playable. sadly there wasn't enough time.
In Melee Mewtwo made it! Proving that Sakurai likes the character. If he doesn't return that would have been a waste of time.

XACE-K

Smash Master
He only "reps" the 4th gen in that he was a 4th gen hype-mon till release. . .now Im pretty sure the DP starters out rank him in popularity amoung arvg folk+a hand full of others.
That's why Lucario would get in. He raised the hype about 4th generation Pokemon and when DP came out, everybody already knew about him. If the DP starters where shown before Lucario, then they would have a better chance of getting in. For now, just wait a few more days to see the final judgement.

Cerulean_Charizard

Smash Cadet
I don't really care about Lucario. I was one of those who initially really liked him but the excitement died down after knowing all the 4th generation Pokemon. Now what would really annoy me if they have Lucario replace Mewtwo. That's the only thing that could go wrong. Having both of them is fine for me.

Also: Cats > Dogs IMO

Black/Light

Smash Master
Breeding, more types, natures and double battling were additions not changes. Changing the type of attacks is a change and a fairly significant one. I'll give you full color and pokemon genders. Genders are repped by Jiggly and her/his mostly girl self. It's kind of hard to rep colors specifically though.
Like I already stated, the stats have already changed before in the games. This attack stat split is nothing new, the stats didn't just NOW start to change.

And Jpuff doesn't "rep" the genders added in a game that came after her appearance in SSB64. . .and breeding goes along with the gender statement. It "changed" the way you raise/ interacted with and train pokemon along with adding a new feature that greatly expanded the game play.

Your whole thing basically said that Lucario is the "embodiment of the biggest changes in pokemon history" because he has lot of physcal/special attacks and physcal/special stat blances...but stat changes have already happened in the past so Phy/ Spec attacks aint the only stat change:ohwell:

And to the other guy, Im talking about Lucario compared to Mew2, not Lucario alone.

J.A.Jenk

Smash Cadet
Mewtwo is more known by non-pokemon fan than Lucario. I would say he had a impact on the decision to add the dark and steel type.

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
Some changes I thought Mewtwo could use...

AAA: Confusion-may look like a simple punch, but sends opponent farther than expected. Punch doesn't even need to hit opponent. Opponent just needs to be a few spaces away. Average knockback and range.

Mewtwo punches (^_^)> (o_o)opponent slides over (o_o) here.

Smash Forward A: Poison Jab-if charged, opponent is poisoned for 3 seconds, 1-2% damage, each second. Original damage High knockback and average range
Smash Up A: Aura Sphere upwards Low knockback and large range
Smash Down A: Psych Up-ground around him sparks like his nair in melee with high knockback and large range.

B Forward: Psychic - Acts as a ranged grab and has a lot of lag. To grab opponent, it is like Zelda’s B forward. Mewtwo controls a blue dot. When the dot connects the opponent, the opponent gains the blue aura and floats off the ground. By tilting the control stick in any direction, you can control the movement of the floating body. The power of the throw depends on how hard the motion is made. You can only use 2 combinations of directions.

Pressing A while this happens shocks the opponent. The opponent can get out of it by button mashing or rotating the control stick many times. The opponent can get out of any point of the throw.

B Down: Barrier trick-works like Mario’s cape. Turns back projectiles and the opponent also. It has very short range though.

FS: Mind Trickery-Opponents ground moves and special moves are mixed up. Everything is different. For example, neutral B could be UpA. UpA could be DownB. Also, the direction your moving in can change. It is totally random. This lasts for 15 seconds.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Some changes I thought Mewtwo could use...

AAA: Confusion-may look like a simple punch, but sends opponent farther than expected. Punch doesn't even need to hit opponent. Opponent just needs to be a few spaces away. Average knockback and range.

Mewtwo punches (^_^)> (o_o)opponent slides over (o_o) here.

Smash Forward A: Poison Jab-if charged, opponent is poisoned for 3 seconds, 1-2% damage, each second. Original damage High knockback and average range
Smash Up A: Aura Sphere upwards Low knockback and large range
Smash Down A: Psych Up-ground around him sparks like his nair in melee with high knockback and large range.

B Forward: Psychic - Acts as a ranged grab and has a lot of lag. To grab opponent, it is like Zelda’s B forward. Mewtwo controls a blue dot. When the dot connects the opponent, the opponent gains the blue aura and floats off the ground. By tilting the control stick in any direction, you can control the movement of the floating body. The power of the throw depends on how hard the motion is made. You can only use 2 combinations of directions.

Pressing A while this happens shocks the opponent. The opponent can get out of it by button mashing or rotating the control stick many times. The opponent can get out of any point of the throw.

B Down: Barrier trick-works like Mario’s cape. Turns back projectiles and the opponent also. It has very short range though.

FS: Mind Trickery-Opponents ground moves and special moves are mixed up. Everything is different. For example, neutral B could be UpA. UpA could be DownB. Also, the direction your moving in can change. It is totally random. This lasts for 15 seconds.
The only move I can see happening is Barrier. The rest I'm not so sure.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo needs to come back, I didn't think he was that bad in Melee, but he would need to be worked on a bit more. I like the movesets you guys have made.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Idea for mewtwo's mechanics!

Firstly, he can fly, so lets let him, by holding the jump key, be able to maintain his height infinitely at the expense of his remaining jumps (if any), he can freely move at this level (albiet slower), and it doesn't stop unless interrupted or the player stops pressing B. Cannot do this after ^B, but can do this after recovering from airdodge.

Obviously this would make his horizontal recovery far improved, so spiking would be the prefered method of dealing with mewtwo.

Moves:

Specials:

^B: Teleport: You know what this does, no lag after move though if used ground to ground or air to ground.

B standard: Shadow Ball: Again you know what this does, but faster this time around.

>B: Miracle Eyet: If opponent is using a counter-style move or shielding, the opponent enters the vulnerability stage of the move with increased time (for shielding the dazed period, for counter the post-lag, etc).

vB: Me first: If opponent is using a move that is going to hit mewtwo, mewtwo will use the exact same move on the opponent at least a frame before the other move hits. This move has to be used in the frames prior to move actually hiting mewtwo and mewtwo has to be within the move's max range. If this does not interrupt the other character's move this is treated as a phantom hit. The actual animation for the move is done using psychic "shadow" imitations of the impiliment that would attack mewtwo. This ability begins affecting the opponent the frame it is used but only last for two frames and has a long cooldown unless it succeeds in which case it shares the cooldown of the move used. The move must be able to hit mewtwo irregardless of user input at that point, otherwise this move fails. This move takes presidence over a first-frame-hit move, and activates, though in all other cases must be used before. Any special effects of the move effect mewtwo as if he himself used the move(grabbing, fire, resting after move, lag, etc).

OR

Focus Blast: Gets a short period of invulnerability, then is vulnerable for a time, then sends a powerful blast of psychic energy out in melee range.

Standard attacks:

Standard ground: psy-punch, quickly jabs with a fist of pure psychic energy, deals little damage but has a disjointed hitbox and quick.

f-tilt: Barrier, creates a barrier of psychic energy which covers mewtwos front for a few frames, dissipates projectiles, stops attacks and anything that contacts it is dealt damage.

Up-tilt: psyflame, mewtwo clicks his fingers upwards and a psychic flame is extended straight up, lasts for a few frames then dissipates. sends the foe straight up.

d-tilt: Tail whip, sends the foe foreward at a downward angle using a tail smack, can spike areal foes.

Smashes:

F-smash: psycho cut: Forms a blade of psychic energy and then cuts with it, essentially Marth's tipper, but faster, slightly less damage, and sweet-spotting isn't as effective.

D-Smash: Psychic, sends a blast of psychic energy in both directions.

Up-Smash: Black Hole, same as before, less laggy start-up though.

Aerials:

Nair: Thunderbolt, a single ring of thunder is sent out in all directions, sends the opponent up, quick recovery.

Fair: Ice Beam, sends a beam of ice at the opponent which freezes them for a short time depending on damage, short distance, has a sweet spot at the edge of it's range with considerably increased knockback, damage, and freeze-time (if damaged enough).

Bair: Aerial Ace, a short charge at the opponent, not much damage, sends the foe in the direction the attack was going, quick recovery.

Dair: Iron Tail, smacks the opponent straight down, damaging and laggy (think gannondorf's dair with a disjointed hitbox).

Top Bottom