• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Official Mewtwo Thread

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371

THE NEW OFFICIAL MEWTWO THREAD
The old one had no upkeep by the user and very little information, so I made this.

About Mewtwo
Mewtwo is a legendary Psychic Pokemon who is considered by many to be the greatest Pokemon ever. He is a genetic clone of Mew gone completely wrong. Mewtwo and Mew are similar in power, but they have vastly different appearences and personalities. In Smash, Mewtwo was considered a terrible character for his lack of heavily damaging moves and shunned from competitive battles. But those select few who could master Mewtwo can easily beat out an army of Foxes and Falcos.

Possible Changes That Could Be Made to Mewtwo
- Shadow Ball following a straight path
- New >B
- Eye Contact not neccesary for VB to work
- Acceptance by the Smash community

Why Should He Return?
A) He is heavy
B) He has a different style than many other characters
C) He is legendary (Pokemon should always have a legendary rep)
D) He can easily be pumped up
E) Faster running speed, less lag when starting up if nothing else.
F) Longer range on grabs, where does it say that mewtwo has to touch it to grab something?
G) Gliding ability, Mewtwo can levitate, and it'd be awesome if he could glide of float.
H) Stronger attacks, mewtwo is known for its TREMENDOUS attack.
I) Faster attack speed, Mewtwo is also known for its blindingly fast speed.
J) More weight, 269lbs ain't that big, but certainly ain't small.
K)More knockback in attacks, so he can send a Rhyhorn flying in the movie, but can't do it to Pichu and Jigglypuff in Melee?
L) Different A,A,A attacks, were these ever useful in Melee??
M) Keep everything else, floatyness was what made him KING of recovery.

Common Arguments Debunked

Argument 1: He Was Terrible in Melee.
That's an opinion. Play as him more!

Argument 2: Pokemon Has Too Many Reps.
Well, it IS Nintendo's second most successful franchise. Nah dip it's going to get a lot of representation.

Argument 3: He's Going To Get Replaced By Lucario.
No, he's not. The only reason that is assumed is because he has Aura Sphere, which would be similar to Shadow Ball. Lucario can't Teleport, use Disable or Confusion, and he doesn't float.

Moveset Possibilities

By Commander Blitzkrieg

By Killroy71
A - Psychic Punch(same as melee)
A-A - Psychic Punch then Uppercut
A-A-A-repeated - Punch, Punch, Uppercut combo

Tilt-A-Up - Stronger Psychic Punch Upward
Tilt-A-forward - Tail Whip
Tilt-A-Down - Tail Spin
Dash-A -Surrounds himself with psychic energy

Smash-A-Up - Raises fist, large explosion of psychic energy
Smash-A-Forward - Psycho Cut, As Mewtwo punches a blade of psychic energy forms around his fist and strikes opponent.
Smash-A-Down - Fires a blast of psychic energy at opponents feet(same as melee)

Aerial-A-Neutral - Psychic Energy surround Mewtwo (same as Melee)
Aerial-A-Up - Tail Whip upwards
Aerial-A-Forward - Spinning Tackle
Aerial-A-Down - Turns into a nosedive, and uses a Psychic Punch
Aerial-A-Backward - Spins around, hitting opponent with Tail Whip

These Special Moves are based on the moveset that he actually learns in Diamond and Pearl (The Exception is Shadow Ball)
B-Neutral - Aura Sphere(or Shadow Ball), Charges up a ball of energy, Fires straighter and faster than Melee Shadow Ball
B-Up - Teleport, more control over where you land than in Melee
B-Forward - Psybeam, Pulls an enemy closer, hurts enemy and leaves them open to attack.
B-Down - Confusion, fires a beam from his eyes a few feet in front of him, confuses enemies on impact.

Final Smash- Holds every character in range with psychic and fires a magnitude of Shadow Balls at them

By IsmaR
B> Tri-attack: Mewtwo crossses its arms, and shoots off a 3 colored beam, with the effect
of fire, electricity, or ice. Shorter range than Shadow ball, but much faster.
BV Barrier: Similar to Zelda's B, but repels players inside of its distance as well, with moderate damage. If players run into it, they will be knocked back with minor damage.
B^ Teleport: Same as previous one, but like Meta Knights Bv, attacks once it reappears. If it connects to something in the air, Mewtwo can perform it again.

By adumbrodeus
Firstly, he can fly, so lets let him, by holding the jump key, be able to maintain his height infinitely at the expense of his remaining jumps (if any), he can freely move at this level (albiet slower), and it doesn't stop unless interrupted or the player stops pressing B. Cannot do this after ^B, but can do this after recovering from airdodge.

Obviously this would make his horizontal recovery far improved, so spiking would be the prefered method of dealing with mewtwo.

Moves:

Specials:

^B: Teleport: You know what this does, no lag after move though if used ground to ground or air to ground.

B standard: Shadow Ball: Again you know what this does, but faster this time around.

>B: Miracle Eyet: If opponent is using a counter-style move or shielding, the opponent enters the vulnerability stage of the move with increased time (for shielding the dazed period, for counter the post-lag, etc).

vB: Me first: If opponent is using a move that is going to hit mewtwo, mewtwo will use the exact same move on the opponent at least a frame before the other move hits. This move has to be used in the frames prior to move actually hiting mewtwo and mewtwo has to be within the move's max range. If this does not interrupt the other character's move this is treated as a phantom hit. The actual animation for the move is done using psychic "shadow" imitations of the impiliment that would attack mewtwo. This ability begins affecting the opponent the frame it is used but only last for two frames and has a long cooldown unless it succeeds in which case it shares the cooldown of the move used. The move must be able to hit mewtwo irregardless of user input at that point, otherwise this move fails. This move takes presidence over a first-frame-hit move, and activates, though in all other cases must be used before. Any special effects of the move effect mewtwo as if he himself used the move(grabbing, fire, resting after move, lag, etc).

OR

Focus Blast: Gets a short period of invulnerability, then is vulnerable for a time, then sends a powerful blast of psychic energy out in melee range.

Standard attacks:

Standard ground: psy-punch, quickly jabs with a fist of pure psychic energy, deals little damage but has a disjointed hitbox and quick.

f-tilt: Barrier, creates a barrier of psychic energy which covers mewtwos front for a few frames, dissipates projectiles, stops attacks and anything that contacts it is dealt damage.

Up-tilt: psyflame, mewtwo clicks his fingers upwards and a psychic flame is extended straight up, lasts for a few frames then dissipates. sends the foe straight up.

d-tilt: Tail whip, sends the foe foreward at a downward angle using a tail smack, can spike areal foes.

Smashes:

F-smash: psycho cut: Forms a blade of psychic energy and then cuts with it, essentially Marth's tipper, but faster, slightly less damage, and sweet-spotting isn't as effective.

D-Smash: Psychic, sends a blast of psychic energy in both directions.

Up-Smash: Black Hole, same as before, less laggy start-up though.

Aerials:

Nair: Thunderbolt, a single ring of thunder is sent out in all directions, sends the opponent up, quick recovery.

Fair: Ice Beam, sends a beam of ice at the opponent which freezes them for a short time depending on damage, short distance, has a sweet spot at the edge of it's range with considerably increased knockback, damage, and freeze-time (if damaged enough).

Bair: Aerial Ace, a short charge at the opponent, not much damage, sends the foe in the direction the attack was going, quick recovery.

Dair: Iron Tail, smacks the opponent straight down, damaging and laggy (think gannondorf's dair with a disjointed hitbox).

Alternate Colors

Stage Possibilities

Stage: "Psychic Stadium"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HCuMntHR-sY

Music: Mewtwo's Theme
http://youtube.com/watch?v=l2p6AUFK2d4&feature=related
OR
Music: FR/LG: Legendary Music
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DI11BflEy3E&feature=related
Mewtwo Support

The Mewtwo Alliance: Genetic Genocide

We are dedicated to both supporting Mewtwo for Brawl and showing that he does NOT suck. We have official Banners and support icons:

Members of Genetic Genocide:

Commander Blitzkrieg
sonic smash down
vesperview
IsmaR
Gerudo Warrior
knyaguy
PsychoIncarnate
Machete
Puffs
hemightbegiant
bballstasr23
killbeast301
Sadow Calibur
MrPitters2351
Viper JLT4GOV
MysticKenji
thederrit
kilroy71
tirkaro
Oathblivion
gannonforf4ever
Kronzo
shadenexus18
Infinite Krullen
Foz
The Corax King
ZenJestr
Fawriel
XACE-K
DekuBoy
Darkpaladin of Chaos
DainBramaged
Colenstein
Silfa
Ridley FTB!!!
RazeveX
Mr.Victory07
Tyrannotaur
Wob-Wob
Gigan X3
Iboid
Seison

If you want to join or I missed your post or there is something you want to add, PM me please. This prevents overcrowding the thread with "add me" posts.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I would like to join Mewtwo Alliance

Machete

Smash Ace
Add me to the Mewtwo Alliance, Mewtwo is my most wanted veteran.

This time, Mewtwo will kick Captain Falcon's, Fox's and Sheik's ***** and scream "Who's bottom tier now!?"

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
and also add this to the reasons

origanally the most powerful pk in the game
and
mewtwo is origanal and has a unique moveset
and
another evil character for the sub space

and machete i couldn't have said it better myself and i wear my mewtwo, krystal, and geno sig proudly :)

Puffs

Smash Ace
Put me down. The reign of mewtwo shall soon begin!

Incidentally...

J.A.Jenk

Smash Cadet
You could also add that Mewtwo is the first pokemon to be considered broken and he is one of the reason there are dark and steel type pokemon

MrPitters2351

Smash Cadet
I'm in. Mewtwo deserves to be back. Another reason, hes a villan, and we defiantly need more villans.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
A new Mewtwo thread, and this one looks better to. What do it take to join in the genetic genocide? And I would like to join.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Add his massive popularity and how everyone knows him (incredible reconizability) for why he should return. And how everyone knows who he is, if they know anything aabout video games.

O, and for Arguement #1 change your arguement to: "Melee tiers don exits in Brawl". If that were true, Bowser wouldn't be back. and Dr. Mario would be returning. However, if it adds to their popularity, it helps their chances. In no way do Melee tiers effect characters in Brawl negatively or positively, EVER! Only popularity, importance and roll in a character's respective series, reconizability, pro-Brawl fanbase, general fanbase, and how much Sakurai and the Brawl staff like them effect a character's chance.

Hmm...forward B....it should be psywave. Mewtwo grabs his opponents with his psychic strength, and tosses them forward, doing massive impact, but little damage. It could possibly be chargeable. Imagine Mewtwo throwing players on Fourside like they were Pichu with 200% damage from the moving platform to the main middle building at 150%.

As for a grab, make it psychic. And make it to where Mewtwo grabs anyone within about 10-15 feet in front of him, and he can do all sorts of psychic attacks. He uses the power of his psychic abilities to hurt them in the grab. Unlike his forward throw, it doesn't do too much impact, and is more of a damaging move. In his up throw, Mewtwo lifts them off like he did in Melee (that was a good move), in his back throw he pushes them up at a 45 degree angle, and blasts a psychic wave at them, doing great damage. With his forward throw, Mewtwo throws them straigth forward, and blasts them with a few quick Shadow Balls. And for the down throw, Mewtwo grabs them, pulls them straight up above te screen (with his psychic powers), and sends them straight into the ground in front of you. No impact, but mad damage.

As for Mewtwo's Shadow Ball, make it to where it DOESN'T knockback Mewtwo, and you can rapid fire it by holding B (but it goes a bit slower then by holding down B with Falco's blaster in Melee). O, and it has more range thedn the average blast or long range move, and goes faster, but does only as much daamge as Melee. O, and the charge hit should do a bit more damage and knockback.

As for Mewtwo's down B, keep it as confusion. But make it have around 50% more range. Make it to where it is a "threat" like attack, to where it's the reason your opponent is afraid to charge right at you. And change Mewtwo's shield bubble into that wierd bigger bubble thing while we are at it, to make Mewtwo look even more GODLY! :)

@ hemightbegiant
Too true, lol.

Kilroy71

Smash Cadet
I'm the 70billionth person to ask but could I join the Genetic Genocide? Mewtwo is an awesome character and deserves to be in Brawl (and anyone who's played D/P can tell you that Lucario really isn't that special). I'm willing to make a moveset for the 1st post.

Top Bottom