• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Match-up Chart

Neon!

Smash Lord
Is this the most recent or current matchup chart? I like the simplicity of it but it seems difficult to differentiate ratios in key matchups, for example i doubt most people would say that dk does as well against pika as kirby does.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
it's technically the most recent

pika beats everybody, and then he beats a bunch of characters even harder, that's all - hard to quantify matchups, really

M!nt

Smash Champion
this game is so good at balance, makes me happy to see people still defending the low tiers C=

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
Jesus!......wtf happened to the tier list. I was gone that long? Wasn't luigi placed behind jiggs at one point ?

The Star King

Smash Hero
Samus is at least nearly on par with Luigi c'mon Koro get with the 2012 status quo (and by that I mean my personal opinion that nobody but aa agrees with, harharhar)

ballin4life

Smash Hero
to be clear though, ness was above fox on some ancient tier list from gamefaqs that somehow got consistently referenced as "the tier list" (really not sure how this happened). that was a big reason people decided to re do the tier list.

Olikus

Smash Champion
oli is back.

and with a serious post as well.

pika
kirby -fox really close, unsure their placings
falcon
mario-yoshi really close, unsure placings.
DK-puff really close unsure placings

ness-luigi-samus-link in no order. reallhy unsure how to place those 4. they could be tied for bottom all of them.

The Star King

Smash Hero
So basically for your return you posted a generic outline of forum opinion and didn't really put any personal opinion into it :troll:

Olikus

Smash Champion
So basically for your return you posted a generic outline of forum opinion and didn't really put any personal opinion into it :troll:
well, havent seen many discuss if yoshi is better than mario or puff is tied with DK. and people still have ness in a tier above luigi, link and samus, which I strongly disagree with.

But hey ill put pika on 4th just for you <3

Battlecow

Play to Win
most people would have said yoshi-DK close and ness-puff close rather than the way he did it

he's pretty UNIQUE

Yobolight

Smash Lord
My opinion on the tier list

Top:
pika
kirby
fox

High:
falcon

Mid:
mario
yoshi
ness
puff
dk
link

Low:
luigi
samus

I will defend this if challenged.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Pretty good list IMO

I don't think you understand DK's powah

But I also don't think it's possible to communicate why to you via text

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
Top and High Tier are pretty accurate, but mid tier seems debatable. DK isn't given much credit than he is worth.

This How I feel

Top:
pika
kirby
fox

Mid:
falcon
mario
link
yoshi
dk

Low:
ness
luigi
puff
samus

B Link

Smash Lord
izuhu said:
Top and High Tier are pretty accurate, but mid tier seems debatable. DK isn't given much credit than he is worth.

This How I feel

Top:
pika
kirby
fox

Mid:
falcon
mario
link
yoshi
dk

Low:
ness
luigi
puff
samus
^ Sorry bro. Puff ***** -- it can hang with falcon, yoshi, and dk easily. Also, Link sucks. Let Samus, Luigi and Link stay at the very bottom where they belong but keep puff out of there.

I know your list is based on your feelings. The above info is my (and the majority of the community here in general's) two cents.

lol @ dual izuhu bashing

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
^you played link outside hyrule?
No, but I got ***** pretty badly by some good links on DL with Yoshi.

As for puff I can't say I'm right with her placement, since I haven't played against to many puffs or played puff that much for that matter.

prisonchild

Smash Ace
my mock official tier list full of biases:

S tier (Seinfeld tier)
pika

I Tier (Inbetweeners [UK] tier)
fox
kirby
falcon

C Tier (Community tier)
mario
yoshi
dk
puff
link

W tier (Whitney tier)
luigi
ness
samus

pretty standard list with only a few shakeups, as much as i love luigi i couldn't place him higher than 10th :( being the overall slowest character in the game hinders him more than anything imo.

ps i was holding back my biases as much as possible, kirby is lucky it isn't in the ****hole Whitney tier

The Star King

Smash Hero
sk becoming a hipster in his old age
Not even. Because of literally 10 characters being involved in a tie, the list is so incredibly safe that it doesn't really contribute anything. Nearly everyone will agree with x ordering of the tied characters, except maybe a couple of extremists like you or King Junk who think Mario is better than Falcon or whatever :troll: So it just feels like "a generic outline of forum opinion". And anyways I've always had hipster tendencies where have you been for the past 3 years

most people would have said yoshi-DK close and ness-puff close rather than the way he did it

he's pretty UNIQUE
lolno at both of those. He's saying with the ties that either character can plausibly be better, and I'd like you to find me a person who thinks DK is better than Yoshi. I can only really think of Boomfan like last year (not sure if he still thinks the same thing, because he seems to have been a bit more positive about Yoshi recently(?)). The Yoshi-better-than-Mario movement seems to be gaining traction since my army several people like clubba, me, kys, etc have endorsed it. I know it's not many, but more than the practically non-existant number of people who think DK is better than Yoshi. Ness-Puff, really? Yeah maybe in 2009. I'm pretty sure most people (who aren't random noobs/Surri) would put Ness in the bottom 4.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I think DK's better than yoshi

I might be biased because of how INCREDIBLY EASY sheer is for me though

mario's for sure better than both of them

asianaussie

Smash Hero
you just destroyed my fragile self-esteem im going to go huddle myself in the corner for a while :(

no seriously, why aren't we

also mario > yoshi

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Too lazy for detailed explanations, I'll keep it simple.

Samus > Jigglypuff - Samus can counter everything jigglypuff can do, while jigglypuff is very limited in this match up

Yoshi > DK - Yoshi can djc, shield break, and parry..... nuff said.

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
I'm with WOTG. Jiggs is also light as hell and can easily die at low percentages. DK can also shield break but its hard to set up.

Top Bottom