• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Match-up Chart

MattNF

Smash Lord
You dont know anything about me dude. How many years have you played? Do you have any experience on console VS other good players? Do you have exp. on both PAL and NTSC?

Oh but you are in the mighty PPS clan, you must be so great.
I've been playing SSB64 since the day it came out. I've been playing competitively for around 4 years. I play on console, but not vs good players (although I sorta live near Sheer)

And I don't really care about PAL ssb, so I see no reason to waste my time with it.

u mad cuz u bad

D

Deleted member

I'd put Link above Ness

Link > Samus

Not that bad for Samus

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I've been playing SSB64 since the day it came out. I've been playing competitively for around 4 years. I play on console, but not vs good players (although I sorta live near Sheer)

And I don't really care about PAL ssb, so I see no reason to waste my time with it.

u mad cuz u bad
extracted from http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Smasher:MattNF

"Around summer of 2006, MattNF discovered Kaillera and EGX by accident. He played Smash 64 casually but was suprisingly good at it despite being a new at the time."

Fail???

But meh, I dont really care, you should still shut up @ "u bad, im better than u" because we never played and im much likely better on the american version than you are on the european version

TANK64

Smash Lord
You play Melee and live in Orlando? Been to any recent tourneys? You should definitely come to WinterFest and beat everyone in Sheer's 64 thing.- aka probably only Sheer/Loto/Me/and randoms and maybe I can convince M2K :lick:

I'll MM you so you can get that door fee back, whatcha say :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

MattNF

Smash Lord
extracted from http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Smasher:MattNF

"Around summer of 2006, MattNF discovered Kaillera and EGX by accident. He played Smash 64 casually but was suprisingly good at it despite being a new at the time."

Fail???

But meh, I dont really care, you should still shut up @ "u bad, im better than u" because we never played and im much likely better on the american version than you are on the european version

I didn't even write that smashwiki article on me, so I wouldn't take anything in there seriously

it appears you are mad, sir.

You play Melee and live in Orlando? Been to any recent tourneys? You should definitely come to WinterFest and beat everyone in Sheer's 64 thing.- aka probably only Sheer/Loto/Me/and randoms and maybe I can convince M2K

I'll MM you so you can get that door fee back, whatcha say
Well I live in ocala which is like a 2 hour drive from olando

I'm decent at melee but prefer ssb64

ill see if I can go

kabal

Smash Apprentice
I dunno... for a while I would have agreed link > samus, but I've gotten a little better and I think link might have a very small advantage or even link = samus.

kabal

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, we always have really good matches. Also, it's about **** time I got better considering how much I play samus! ;)

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I just noticed that Link already has an advantage against Samus. Heh.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Who moved Jiggs all the way down?
Look at her matchups.

0 major advantage
1 advantage
6 even
4 disadvantage
1 major disadvantage

Her matchups moreorless suck.

I don't agree with all her matchups (I think one even should be advantage and one even should be disadvantage), but we've discussed it enough that there is no need bringing them back up.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Kirby has more priority on all his moves, but Jigglypuff can combo Kirby easily. Up-tilt spamming Kirbies are free food for Puff (or free pillows?) Also, if Puff does get hit by up-tilt, Kirby can't up-tilt combo Puff very well.

I know good Kirbys won't up-tilt spam, but I find this matchup even. Kirby has a priority advantage, but not to the extent of Pikachu. As far as I know, Kirby can't combo puff well, while Puff can easily combo Kirby.

This is one of my best matchups as Puff, so there may be a bit of bias, but I still say Puff = Kirby.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
So does anyone else want to throw some in, or am I just going to go down the list? :laugh:

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I know we already agreed that Samus = Jiggs, and I don't really want to restart the flame fest it is of determining the matchup, but Samus is probably my worst matchup. Can someone explain to me how it is even (mainly for puff)? And what puff can do? I just get owned by samus... even noob samuses for some reason.

Also, Kirby does have a very slight edge over puff, but with the past slight edges turning into evens, this should be even as well.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Some Agreement:

Kirby = Jigglypuff to Kirby > Jigglypuff

I suppose I'll suggest some more.

Fox > Ness to Fox >> Ness, but I guess Ness' Down B is what's saving him.
Falcon = Jigglypuff to Falcon > Jigglypuff
Link = Jigglypuff to Link ? Jigglypuff, I think Link might have a slight advantage, but I think it'd be about 55:45.
Luigi = Samus to Luigi > Samus

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
using down-B against any character (especially Fox) will result in you getting combo'd. There's too much ending lag, resulting in you getting more damage than you healed. If fox is laser camping from far away (e.g. other side of Hyrule), then it could be a good idea to shave off a few percents, but at mid-range... doing that is suicide.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
this match up chart compensates for spammers ?

kirby >> all

if they cant escape the mad hax spam!

Fox >> Ness

the only reason i would give ness any advantage is due to his ability to edge guard fox's predicable recovery

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
then again, fox has the same avantage over Ness's predictable recovery... and is fast enough to still edgeguard if he predicts wrong (well, most of the time).

Also, Fox has the lol edgeguard. He can shine to reflect the pk thunder, resulting in Ness's death. Seriously, this instantly makes it Fox >>> Ness :p

firo

Smash Ace
I feel Kirby and Pikachu are worse matchups for Ness than Fox. A good Ness will not let a Fox recover either. A simple throw near the edge of the level at 0% can kill a Fox. A Ness that has experience with recovery would be far enough from the ledge to not have fox go out and gimp him immediately. Ness at least has down-b to instantly grab the ledge where as Fox almost always must use his up-b. Being an aggressive Ness lessens the impact of laser spam, and a lot of Ness combos do work on fox. Of course Fox has an advantage, but I don't think this should be >>.

There's still the Ness v Yoshi matchup, which I feel is one of Ness's best.

On a similar note, I think that the Luigi v Fox matchup should be discussed as well.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Fox >> Ness

Down B? yeah use that often and ness is a shoe in to win!

* Sarcasm sign*
Where did I say that shapes the entire match? :psycho: Lasers are one of Fox's main weapons in his arsenal, and Down B means he loses some camping ability (such as on opposite sides of Hyrule), and means he has to approach Ness more than other characters that can't absorb/reflect Lasers. Granted, Fox is fast, but he can't warp across the entire stage. Dreamland and most often Peach's Castle, yes Down B is bad.

Some Agreement:

Kirby = Jigglypuff to Kirby > Jigglypuff
Fox > Ness to Fox >> Ness

Debating:

Falcon = Jigglypuff to Falcon > Jigglypuff
Luigi = Samus to Luigi > Samus
Fox >> Luigi to Fox > Luigi
Ness = Yoshi to Ness ? Yoshi
Link = Jigglypuff to Link ? Jigglypuff

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Fox > Ness

>> is too much.... Ness can spam uair/dair/utilt on fox and do easy damage from 0 to relatively up %

And yeah, down+b works on Hyrule and the big stages vs Fox

MattNF

Smash Lord
I still think Kirby = Jiggly.

Kirby simply can't use gay tactics against Jiggly like he can on other characters. You can get through Utilt spam with a well-timed down air, not to mention Kirby dies at pretty low percents from rest, and he's already easy to combo to begin with. Jigglypuff's nair does good against Kirby too, and he's extremely easy to edgegaurd. Kirby also can't do many combos at all against Jiggly

Falcon = Jigglypuff
Luigi > Samus
Link does pretty good against Jiggly but I'd be fine with either > or =

MattNF

Smash Lord
kirby destroys jiggly,
if ur jiggs, u either get utilt'd or shield breaked.
only if you are terrible at jiggly and are stupid enough to shield while standing next to a utilting kirby

dair goes through utilt as well if you time it right

gg

Top Bottom