• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 The New Generation of Smashers vs The Old Generation of Smashers Crew Battle

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
Discontinued bcuz everyone is hating

With Smash rounding off it's 13th year anniversary, things have changed ever since the beginning. This crew battle is to commemorate the change from the past to the present, by having the old face the new!

It will be the Old Generation (Players that have been in the scene for quite a while) vs the new amazing players (The Young/Newer players). (I do not count) :p

Discuss here what players should take a place in this epic showdown!

My Rough Draft:

New Generation:
Hax :falconmelee:
Shroomed :drmario:
aMSa? :yoshimelee:
PPU :marthmelee:
KirbyKaze? :sheikmelee:
Abate :luigimelee:
Westballz :falcomelee:
SFat:foxmelee:

Alternatives

Old Generation (FYI we're not calling u old):
OverTriforce? :sheikmelee:
JMan :foxmelee:
DoH :peachmelee:
DaShizWiz:falcomelee:
Axe :pikachumelee:
Husband :marthmelee:
Taj:mewtwomelee:
Cactuar :foxmelee: or Scar :falconmelee:

Alternatives

(?) Means I'm not sure if they are going.

What do u guys think of my rough draft? Any players that should be added or taken out?

Aidebit

Smash Journeyman
If I could go I'd want to participate.
What do you define as old though, is it the likes of ken and bombsoldier or m2k and armada?

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
If I could go I'd want to participate.
What do you define as old though, is it the likes of ken and bombsoldier or m2k and armada?

M2K's definitely old school, and Armada is relatively new school.

I like the idea but the boundary between the two crews seem pretty fuzzy. Which crew would you put Mango on?

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
I like the idea but the boundary between the two crews seem pretty fuzzy. Which crew would you put Mango on?

No, I do not want any top players in it. It would make the crew battle fair. When I mean old school, I mean like Chillin, Ken, Cactuar, etc.\

For the new players, not to offend anyone, I would like a combination of the New amazing players (Hax, PPU, etc.) with the Future Stars, (Me (not calling myself great), Ryobeat, Wizzrobe, etc)

phish-it

Smash Champion
I don't know how people can consider someone who actively played and was good before Brawl to be new school anymore.

Jagoffian

Smash Journeyman
No, I do not want any top players in it. It would make the crew battle fair. When I mean old school, I mean like Chillin, Ken, Cactuar, etc.\

For the new players, not to offend anyone, I would like a combination of the New amazing players (Hax, PPU, etc.) with the Future Stars, (Me (not calling myself great), Ryobeat, Wizzrobe, etc)
I had a feeling you wanted to weasel your way into a crew battle, lol. I don't really find this appealing. With the exception of maybe Wizzrobe, ya'll would get junked, It wouldn't really be entertaining to watch unless you alter your definitions of 'old' and 'new' school.

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
I had a feeling you wanted to weasel your way into a crew battle, lol. I don't really find this appealing. With the exception of maybe Wizzrobe, ya'll would get junked, It wouldn't really be entertaining to watch unless you alter your definitions of 'old' and 'new' school.

MM ME SON. LOL. In all reality we would probably get junkedddddd. I'm not good yet, gimme some time LOOOL.

crush

Smash Master
i really hope that non-top players arent put in crew battles. links vs stinks was the most boring thing ever. and yeah if new school had players like pokemongeof/ryobeat/wizzrobe they would get junked lol. mods please lock thread

Armada

Smash Lord
M2K's definitely old school, and Armada is relatively new school.

I guess you didn't know M2k and I started to play smash competitive the SAME weekend? (I think he went on Saturday and I went to my tournament on Friday).

So me starting earlier/the same time makes me new school?
I actually did compete for quite a while before I came to America. Even though Genesis 1 would have been even cooler if I was super new to the game too.

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
I was actually thinking something like Chillin, Ken, Azen (if they showed up) vs. Wizzy, Android and others that are rising up there.

strawhats

Smash Master
I guess you didn't know M2k and I started to play smash competitive the SAME weekend? (I think he went on Saturday and I went to my tournament on Friday).

So me starting earlier/the same time makes me new school?
I actually did compete for quite a while before I came to America. Even though Genesis 1 would have been even cooler if I was super new to the game too.
damn, you were destined to forever be a step ahead of m2k since the beginning...even on different continents.

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
It will be the players that have been around for a while vs the new amazing players. (I do not count)
:chuckle:

What a qt3.14

Anyway, you need to define your definition of "new" and "old" school because everyone you listed would be considered "old" school if you are going by when they started playing.

And if you don't have top players playing, what's the point? As a spectator, id rather watch the good players play than other people who are less skilled. it's like asking someone, "What would you rather watch, a high school basketball championship or the NBA finals?"

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
:chuckle:

What a qt3.14

Anyway, you need to define your definition of "new" and "old" school because everyone you listed would be considered "old" school if you are going by when they started playing.

And if you don't have top players playing, what's the point? As a spectator, id rather watch the good players play than other people who are less skilled. it's like asking someone, "What would you rather watch, a high school basketball championship or the NBA finals?"

Yeah, but still, so many players don't get the chance to play at all in crews. This gives those players a chance. Make the battle fair

strawhats

Smash Master
IDK about Swift and Vanz, but Hax is definitely new school. Although Hax has been around for a while, it seems hax should be new school due to his age.

Also, what do pplz think of the crews?
lmfao, hax and jman have been around since like papa dav3 was still in the scene ('06 i believe). I'm new school and im older than them (21)...see how that logic works. They weren't called Little Rascals for nothing.

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
Ugh I give up! Look, I know im not the best in making this, but i've been around for X amount of time, so I don't know who is young or old. Did anyone even bother to make one of their own (besides a few other pplz)? Im 13 and I'm not psychic. Im Just trying something out!

Aidebit

Smash Journeyman
I think the best way to go about this is to define old school and new school, and find players who started old school, and those who started as new school.

NNID
dansalvato
Some of you are really damn disrespectful. If you have a problem with the idea then politely explain why. The kid has a passion and you spit in his face when he tries to share it. If this is how some of us treat players who are either misinformed or have a different opinion, then we are a sad community.

edit: Most people in this thread are cool but a few comments made me mad, sorry.

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
Please close this it makes no sense
What a **** lmao

The least you could do, being the guy who runs the tournament and all, is explain why it makes no sense. You're speaking to a kid who isnt even in 8th grade yet.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Everything was already said.

Idea is sound but, at the same time, there is no way to determine who or what is old school and who/what is new school.

Old school could be

Ken
M2K
Mango

or

Ken
Azen
Chillen

or something else. It is too arbitrary and I have seen enough of these threads where people argue and debate everything about that.

I love Geoff he is a nice little kid but he needs to relax a little. Read back and see that this has been discussed several times at LENGTH. That is why I say close it.

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
Old School
M2K
Pc
Ken
KDJ
Azen
Chillin
Hugs

New School
Mango
Hbox
PP
Hax
Shroomed
PPU
Unkown.

Almost every player is Old school. the Difference in Old School/New School is how well they did then to now. Back in the day Ken nearly 4 stocked Mango, today it would prolly be reversed. Hax and mango may have been playing since 07 but they really werent known as much. Today they are some of best but then they were really just players trying to make it out of pools....cept mango who got 3rd at evo07

MaNg0

Smash Hero
id deff say im old school and new school mixed

me and m2k had our first set/1 match at evo LMAOOO in 07 ( i won : 3 )

PRETTY OLD SCHOOL IF U ASK ME

and if this happens id rather be on the old school team

**** the new school

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
Yeah not saying you started in 2007 just saying you were around since atleast since then. Its hard to really define Old School and New School smashers for a crew

Top Bottom