• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The -NEW- Florida 2011 Brawl Power Rankings! Updated 5/10/11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
lol ok that's good. I'm glad you didn't have to ditch your main for mk to be a better player. Lol

:phone:
i didnt do it "to be a better player" cuz the character doesn't affect ur skill as a player lol

i did it to win tournies cuz i wanted money

i left character pride behind in melee when i saw someone like riddle stick to link and never get top 5, even tho he was clearly smarter than 95% of the players involved.

wen brawl came out i declared i would never be limited by my character, and as soon as i found a flaw in my character holding me back, i would drop him for a better one.

so i went to DDD from kirby, cuz it was similar and i felt his punishments were amazing

then i went from ddd to mk cuz ddd was too easy to camp, and i wanted to be rewarded for playing agro and be able to camp back when nessasary

but yeah, i dont really care about ur thoughts jeff, just thought this would be an interesting thing for people to read if they cared about why i use mk lol

btw jeff, didn't u say u switched from a character to IC cuz u wanted ur punishes vs campers to count more?

thats the exact same thing i did, just with a different result (mk instead of IC)

so u really shouldn't ever give anyone **** for droppin their main for a better character, we all (mostly) play this game competatively, and to limit oneself when one's goal is to win is silly. if your goal is to be the best of ur character and rep hard no matter what, thats fine stay ur main the whole way thru, if u simply wana win and nothing more, there's no reason to stick to mario bro, im sorry.

its all about what ur goals are upon entering a tourny, u ajust ur actions accordingly to best acheive that goal

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Lol dude seibrik I don't care I just said that to piss you off lol its a video game. Go mk if it makes you money lol idc. I just couldn't come up with a come back without calling you out of your name lol. Like you did me but like I said idc lol. You cant get me to worked up lol mink got me to many times lol. Alls I kno is that I beat you in a friendly A couple times with falco and it means everything apparently according to you lol

:phone:

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
i didnt do it "to be a better player" cuz the character doesn't affect ur skill as a player lol

i did it to win tournies cuz i wanted money

i left character pride behind in melee when i saw someone like riddle stick to link and never get top 5, even tho he was clearly smarter than 95% of the players involved.
.... You played sheik in melee....and then tried using jiggs which didnt work out too well. You never had character pride to begin with XD

OverLade

Smash Hero
Respectable callout by Dew.

I mained Kirby in 64, then I mained Fox in Melee, so nothing surprising in brawl. I've always used everyone and just chosen the best character when I felt like ****** people...

Master Raven

Smash Master
I'm not for character pride but I'll main anyone as long as they're tourney viable.
I'm just lucky I picked MK lol

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I usually start a game with a character, get wrecked by someone by a certain character at one of my first tournies, then try out that character and never look back. For melee it was luigi to marth and from brawl it was marth to ddd. I try moving towards a better character, but picking the most rigged character is not so much my goal, more so, to just find a better character that I feel comfortable with and can enjoy playing.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
dew, i did have character pride in sheik, i was just lucky and didn't really have to switch, i used jiggs after brawl came out more cuz she felt more brawl like and easy to switch between games, in the end the last tourny i played in i still used sheik

in any case, my post states that in brawl i was tired of seeing character pride limit players that could have done well, and made sure it didn't keep me from winning.

hell even now, mk vs esam's IC's is redic, so instead of "toughin" it out wit mk and possibly winning wit my main, im prolly gona pick up snake and have a counterpick war with him just to increase my odds of winning some matches.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You didn't use Sheik at the beginning Seibrik, you used Peach which was when I was most scared of you.

GET @ ME *****S

I mained Samus (Worst character) In 64 from the get-go. Pikachu and Kirby are fun in 1p mode.

I mained Samus in melee from the get-go, then picked up fox for the falcon MU, not because he was good.

I mained Pikachu from the beginning, and now pick up ICs becuase they are fun.

I love playing amazing characters that are fun!

Also, I'm cocky and egotistical, but I'm humble when I need to be and I don't really give a **** if I lose. If somebody outplays me they outplay me (IE Shaky, he beat me and the only thing I said was "WHY ARE YOU SO GOOD?!?" then proceeded to laugh and shake his hand). You people need to stop getting so...adamant about a video game (precursor to the next 2 paragraphs).

Xaltis, stop ****-talking on the boards. You look like a giant douchebag who says mostly mean things as opposed to funny/mean. You are honestly on the same level as DFEAR from an outside viewpoint, but I would rather play you than DFEAR because while DFEAR chokes, you are an idiot. I love being able to do the same thing 5 times and get the same result from you. It is fantastic. At least DFEAR has a brain, you are just so stupid nobody expects it. Also...last time I checked DFEAR beat you the last 2-3 times you guys played, so shut the **** up and lose more winning match-ups, K?

DFEAR, you know better than to argue with Xaltis. Shut up, get better, and wreck when you can. I know Xaltis' **** talk is harmless, but it probably hurt (Considering Xaltis is too dense to understand when somebody's feelings are actually getting hurt), so just know that you still show a high level of promise. I hope that you get some training and that you don't quit...I need diddy practice @_@

2djeff, my ICs are better. Get @ ME!

Seibrik, your snake is booty.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
now im gonna argue all ur points esam.

i WANT to **** talk xaltis cuz hes my bishi lol

all arguements now invalid : D

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
I used to main samus and falco thefirst year of brawl

then when i picked up d3 i was called Uthrow because i would never CG.

Ever.

MVD

Smash Master
hey now thats my EX team partner he is not.... oh wait, he wanted to stop teaming with me, what a DUMB MOTHER ****ER!!!!!

DFEAR

Smash Hero
esam has yet to face me in bracket...the real me. get at me eric. get at me :3

also @ xaltis...i am more likable hardy har

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
MVD is the best teams partner. I think this is established as fact...this is 100% not trolling btw, I'm being dead serious (<3 MVD)

But yeah...Xaltis doesn't win money in doubles ever and he thinks it is more important even though there are nearly half the amount of people (not teams) enter...makes perfect logical...oh wait...Xaltis is dumb...right.

DFEAR, we teaming? I have a sick DK and you know it.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
MVD is the best teams partner. I think this is established as fact...this is 100% not trolling btw, I'm being dead serious (<3 MVD)

But yeah...Xaltis doesn't win money in doubles ever and he thinks it is more important even though there are nearly half the amount of people (not teams) enter...makes perfect logical...oh wait...Xaltis is dumb...right.

DFEAR, we teaming? I have a sick DK and you know it.
eric you do know. i am an unstoppable force with a dk. ask will ;). les practice team this zp MM's etc etc

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
DK

DONKEY KONG

But yeah, if there is an actual Dubz event, I'll team with Chaz. If it is just MMs, I'm down to team with anybody
decent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom