• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The -NEW- Florida 2011 Brawl Power Rankings! Updated 5/10/11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Regardless of your service to the community, no one should ever enter a tournament at the expense of the pot. That is stealing. If you're letting someone into the tournament for free, you should replace their money into the pot. Alternatively, if the tournament winners agree to it, then they would be covering his entry by allowing him to enter for free, since it is their money that essentially paid for his entry.

Tampa Play and Trade tournaments have no entry fee. There are gift card Payouts. They still count for the PR. I've definitely had PR sets with Mampam/Ed count for or against me on various PRs.

Conversation over. The precedent has been set.
I was talking to you about this when I said that I wanted to record PnT brackets because I don't think that it counts toward the PR unless it strictly involves you (e.g. Mampam's record vs Ed at PnT is unrecorded in the PR).

I know that if I was in Gallax' place and I was going to be ranked until someone decided that a joke tournament suddenly counted and prevented me from being ranked that I would be pissed. Not everyone cares about PRs, but if no one cares then there is no reason to be on them (denying their first purpose to give FL players incentive to perform well outside of money) and they won't be accurate (denying their second purpose to inform OoS players who the top X players in Florida are).

Look at Mampam. Aside from PnT, every tournament is probably a negative financial venture for him, but even so he can be ranked and use that as an incentive to keep improving and to keep entering tournaments. This is vital for the Smash scene.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Not related to this at all but next tourney we havin an all mario side tournament 1 dollar to enter. Only black people can enter (dead serious). Tourney to decide THE REALEST MARIO
Can I enter?

Yo when and where are you coming to Florida. I can help you get into the mvc/sf down here. You seem to be pretty good. Besides the fact you thing wesker beats phoneix lol
I'm pretty good, right?

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
So I'm thinking...I'm not in the business of donating money to m2k, so I'm gonna try to go to SFL this weekend for a zp tourney or even a smashfest, if anyone is down I'd provide gas or tolls (freaking 18 dollars tolls in total lol)

If anyone willing to drive/Go is interested let me know plz?

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Didnt really feel like posting this in the new ruleset thread so i guess..

What do yall think of the unity ruleset?

Honestly i just dont see how they could have picto AND ps2 And brinstar
Personally i would have been fine to see brinstar gone but i think in the long run just take 1 of those 3 stages away and im good lol. I usually CP SV most of the time to be honest but i know its important to learn CP's these days..
Word.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Didnt really feel like posting this in the new ruleset thread so i guess..

What do yall think of the unity ruleset?

Honestly i just dont see how they could have picto AND ps2 And brinstar
Personally i would have been fine to see brinstar gone but i think in the long run just take 1 of those 3 stages away and im good lol. I usually CP SV most of the time to be honest but i know its important to learn CP's these days..
Word.
... What a random sampling of stages.
Most people complain about Brinstar + RC together.
PS2?
Pictochat?
How are they related to Brinstar?

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
I never said anything was related what are you talking about?
I just would think they wouldnt keep so many CPs?just looks like MLG stage list without green greens

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I'm just not sure about all infinites being legal. Picking back up d3 for those particular matchups :awesome:

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
HAHAHA im Dtorr im def gonna start saying "UNITY" and wave my hand just like Dave Chappelle at tourneys hahaha good sh**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom