• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New and Twice Improved NC Brocator Thread

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
I'm not sure about Gamefrog, since it's probably expensive to host at (I don't even think you can rent it out?), it has laggy HD screens, and the mall closes at 9:00.

NCSU could be good, what is this "wolves den"? If it's big, if there's any TV's there/nearby, if it's large, and if it can be available late, then it could work. NCSU is quite close to my house and a lot of things around here and I'm probably going there for school next year.

Plur, we should totally co-host. I'll ask around about venues.
It usually only stays open to 10 but I can talk to the guys who run the place. We could just start earlier and end by 10.

You should def go to NCSU its a amazing school

KillerSOS

Smash Champion

Krabs

Smash Rookie
I'm glad to see someone with recording equipment on campus, Would be nice to record some matches if we get a tournament going.

Also nice job trey with the whip. that is impressive.

Villainous

Smash Rookie
Luigi's mansion is actually robs best level
Really? For me it's always been MKs best level. Especially considering you can hit most characters with tornado down there on the bottom level and they just can't get out. I abused that and camped the bottom, made it a ***** for him to get down there with u.tilt, and well yeah. The rest is 3 stock history.

He was saying weegee's mansion is banned, but it's not is it? I was under the impression it's legal.

edit: AHH STOP CENSORING EVERYTHING SMASH BOARDS

lord karn

Smash Master
Really? For me it's always been MKs best level. Especially considering you can hit most characters with tornado down there on the bottom level and they just can't get out. I abused that and camped the bottom, made it a ***** for him to get down there with u.tilt, and well yeah. The rest is 3 stock history.

He was saying weegee's mansion is banned, but it's not is it? I was under the impression it's legal.

edit: AHH STOP CENSORING EVERYTHING SMASH BOARDS
I always thought that Norfair was MKs best stage. But ROBs dsmash is amzing on the bottom and his lasers go through pillars so he can camp really well there. His forward and back throws are good for getting someone out of the bottom level. It's definitely not a bad level for MK, but I would rather play an MK on Luigi's than anywhere but maybe Frigate.

Luigi's is usually banned, but sometimes not. It will be banned at most NC tournies, probably.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I would never go Mansion against an MK. Everyone else it's pretty good on. Olimar might have the advantage there against ROB. Zelda seems like she'd be good there too, that Usmash can combo off the walls and her projectile goes through the pillars.

lord karn

Smash Master
I would never go Mansion against an MK. Everyone else it's pretty good on. Olimar might have the advantage there against ROB. Zelda seems like she'd be good there too, that Usmash can combo off the walls and her projectile goes through the pillars.
Fighting MK anywhere as ROB is terrible, but it seems to me like mansion would be better. In the bottom level it's hard for mk to get you above him because of the ceiling, so he can't abuse your blindspot as severely as he can on other levels.

Foxy

Smash Master
Wolves' Den is starting to sound good. Now that I've hosted one tournament I know that I can certainly finish way before 10:00. We started the first event (Melee Doubles) at mine almost 2 hours late, and we only had 4 Melee and 3 Brawl+ setups. Honestly, running 4 events from 12:00 to 10:00 should be a piece of cake.

Can you give me any more info on the place (like, how we would reserve it)?

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
Wolves' Den is starting to sound good. Now that I've hosted one tournament I know that I can certainly finish way before 10:00. We started the first event (Melee Doubles) at mine almost 2 hours late, and we only had 4 Melee and 3 Brawl+ setups. Honestly, running 4 events from 12:00 to 10:00 should be a piece of cake.

Except that brawl tournaments typically get a better turn out, and if it was only a $5 entry fee i think a lot of NCSU casual brawl players would go and it would be pretty big. Its not impossible but it would be a lot tighter.

KillerSOS

Smash Champion

I don't really know how things work with reserving it. I will look into it though. I mostly likely will run it but any help you can give me would be great. I am guessing that someone who goes to NCSU would have to be in charge lol.

BEHR

Smash Hero
I don't really know how things work with reserving it. I will look into it though. I mostly likely will run it but any help you can give me would be great. I am guessing that someone who goes to NCSU would have to be in charge lol.
Thats lame how many Brawl players usually go?

lord karn

Smash Master
I've been to a ~50 person melee tourney at the Wolve's den and space was not an issue.

If you can get a tourney going there, I will probably be able to help run it.

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
I've been to a ~50 person melee tourney at the Wolve's den and space was not an issue.

If you can get a tourney going there, I will probably be able to help run it.
Yeah I will talk to the one guy who works down there that plays Brawl.

We could get a pretty decent turn out. Should be able to get 5 - 10 scrubs that play on campus to donate their money to the pot.

Yeah and Karn I would love to get your help running it.

RedMage138

Smash Rookie
The best place would seem like the Bragaw activity room. I'm pretty sure you can reserve it (there were several melee tourneys there) and there is a lot more room in there than the wolves den. The downside of Bragaw is there's only one TV so we would need to bring extras and several Wii's to set it up.

Brawl would definitely be the game of choice as it would most likely attract larger numbers. Krabs and I are looking at setting something up, so I guess we need to look into reserving Bragaw, but anyone else who wants to help set up/run something can contact either of us with any information you have.

Foxy

Smash Master
If we do anything there I'll definitely help run Melee (unless Karn does it, because I like to play), but if you want to run Brawl, that's fine.

Wow, 50 people? I hope we can get even close to that size for Melee.

Villainous

Smash Rookie
Bragaw would be a nice size, although would they let us use it for something like that?

Also as said, 1 TV, although people could bring theirs for the tourney.

Villainous

Smash Rookie
I helped........sleep in the hallway. Yep.

But I'd totally help run this too because I'm sure you guys are way less ******** than CGS, lol.

RedMage138

Smash Rookie
Bragaw would be a nice size, although would they let us use it for something like that?

Also as said, 1 TV, although people could bring theirs for the tourney.
We just have to reserve it, people have reserved it for melee tourneys in the past so i dont see why they still wouldnt do that

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
I helped........sleep in the hallway. Yep.

But I'd totally help run this too because I'm sure you guys are way less ******** than CGS, lol.
Yeah we actually do Sets! Lolz.... Thats half the reason I didn't try too hard to go.

We just have to reserve it, people have reserved it for melee tourneys in the past so i dont see why they still wouldnt do that
Yeah if you can get it reserved for a date I will run it. I have Tio and I know all the rules and whatnot =)

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm up for it, bro. Just gotta talk to my bro, lozr and see if he's up to it.

Top Bottom