• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new and improved NORTH CAROLINA locator thread

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Sorry I couldn't make it l0zR. I asked my dad again last night and he was like, "... I got two letter for you in the mail today," and I was like, "that's off topic, but really?" and he was like, "Yep. They happened to be the 14th and 15th letters of the alphabet," and then I was like, "**** you," but I smiled so it was okay.
But, I did get to hang out with this really cute alt. chick after the SATs. I can officially say that the last time I got anything wasn't New Years. So I guess it's an okay trade-off, hook-up for Smash tourney. Then again, it is Smash we're talking about. Maybe I should start a Smashers Blog or something. :p

dr.neo

Smash Champion
Ok this is my closing statement. Brawl is for people who have to play with their minds because they cant play with skill.

Minds = weiner

Skill = boobies

PacStrife

Smash Ace
Man people like smash bros huh..... some thoughts:

Jon- I'm gonna tell Blake and Matt that your claiming Guilty Gear dominance on a smash forum :) j/k j/k I will play brawl with you boi! I just perfer to play the game I suck at more at gatherings, you know.

Malk- <3's

DrukenDragon- Man I don't know if you remember me, but your a cool guy, haha /random

LOZR & ALI - yall both suck at smash bros. sucks to be yall. ps ali I might start learning some 3rd biotch :)

Smash Bros. - Fun *** game. weither you play Brawl or you play Melee the games play very similarly (they are in the same seris after all) If Jon played melee enough to get over that execution barrier I'm sure he would feel differently about it. Also if Melee people took time to learn what is different in brawl instead of playing melee 2.0 version of brawl maybe they would feel differently too. I don't want to change anyones mind either like what you want. All that I would ask is, if you don't know about melee then dont talk about it. If you dont know about brawl then dont talk about it either. say which one you like or don't that is fine, but nothing pisses off us "melee pros" more than random people taking **** about a game we invested alot of time into and that they obviously havent. I think it would be fair to say the melee I played against azen and chu was a bit different then what most people who have formed baises against melee have experienced. Just something to keep in mind while sharing opinions.

Finally, NC is good at melee and good at brawl. Saying that there is no competition in NC is simply wrong. Every Melee player that ever mattered will play brawl. EVERY ONE OF THEM. Also, Brawl is where the money is. Good players like winning that money. See where this is going? So while I will always have a special place in my heart for melee, people who play ONLY melee are seriously limiting their own oportunities.

Anyways that is just my opinion. Coming from a person that played over 2 years of melee and will keep on playing brawl against anyone who wants. I like all of you guys and hope to meet all these mutha' f**kers I don't know who be chatting in up in my thread. NC <3

PacStrife

Smash Ace
alot of games corey. I think most people are using the psx controolers to make stivks for everything now because they can just get converters if need be and most fighting games are on playstation 2 it seems like. Including guilty gear, street fighter third strike, capcom vs. snk 2, arcana hearts, king of fighter XI, and many more. tekken and soul calibur are going to be on next gen systems but like a said just buy a simple converter to make that psx go to the ps3 yo. Also the 360 has it's own brand of fighting sticks.

I would say that the only sticks that you would need would be a playstation one or a 360 one, however ps2 is gonna have the most games.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Hey PAC, everyone was out tonight but you! What happened? D: You missed too much fun!

Drunken_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
pac - i concur 100%, and youre cool as **** too, its a **** shame the only time ive seen you is animazement, which is so hectic i barely get time to play. i need to stop being such a broke *** and travel more. what else do you play now? side note: random thing i like about brawl?, lots of things remind me of ST *heart*, also things that work are mean as hell. pit = shota og sagat, the bros. spacing is shoto esc, gannon makes me want to SPD people lol. ahh.. good times .

my closing statement - "skill =/= execution", which reigns true in everything. its why ganny can be mishimas, why jack5 can win, why shoto spacing is an end-all-be-all , and why easy mode half bar supers can beat very skillful charge partitioning in 3s. if something is simply "that hard" to execute, its not normally done in competative play due to risk of failure. (human error is a ***** like that) ie: do i do 4x ewgf with kaz? nooooooo. cause its too hard to get 8 more dmg. on that note, tier lists usually dont even factor in execution, because its what wins that counts. but, just more ramblings; ive said my peace. no hate on anyone. =D

yeroc: anything that dosent NEED analog when converted should work through a ps3 converter. ie: you can play DR with a ps1 pad ran through a ps2-ps3 converter on ps3. but dr NEVER requires analog. so.. i think lots of things fit into that. (GG, kof ports etc) and might i suggest semitsu parts, there is a good place in NC that carries them. (based in lizard lick, of all places)

peace.

PacStrife

Smash Ace
Zio- sorry I missed out on the fun, but with finals coming up and me about to go to a greensboro tourney I wanted to spend the night with my family.

dd- I play mostly guilty gear now a days. Still play smash with my boys though. I am actually kinda waiting for the smash scene to make up its **** mind and start holding respectable tourneys worth going to. Too bad I am too busy to make it to C3 :( But as for the future I'm looking into calibur, 3rd, and omg sf4 (but really who isn't gonna play that hype ****?)

xS A M U R A Ix

Smash Ace
**** Pac owned this thread with his epic post, good shi*. I agree with all of what you said.

And wtf you're gonna play Calibur? Has Q hyped you into playing it? lol. I'll teach you the game if you do pick it up.

DD: you going to animazement this year? We should chill if you are.

All I'll say is, SF4 better have fei long in it, ****it.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
pac= 2 good

ali= 2 bad, i own you haha

Neo= 2 cool

Myself= ill mm some peeps in nc in brawl, i am very competitive, pac knows this =]

Drunken_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
xsamx: yep, and running the brawl tourney there. (at least i assume, as tony is usually just like "sure go for it" the past couple of times.)

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
dr. sparkley... where u been @ man... i haven't heard from you in a while...

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
F-ING gas prices... lol.. F-ING OBAMA-HILARY (I MET HER HUSBAND @ COLLEGE)- F-ING Mc Kinnley (or whoever the other person is running for presidency)... F-ING SF4... F-ING MARIO KART...

darn it... im so F-ING BORED... i need some food... GET IN MY BELLY...

oh dr. sparkley... you better be there with a bottle of bubbly... lol...

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
That's what I'm talkin bout man! You been playin any Melee since Brawl came out or have you completely switched? No more "whoos" in Brawl though.

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
dr. neo... your 2 damm good... (have i ever played you @ a tourney) if not... we must smash EVENT-U-AH-LEE
but im sure it would me mad fun... although you would probably kick my butt now... since i haven't played melee since december... but we can BRAWL it out if u want 2... and 3rd strike/guilty gear/ snk capcom/marvel vs capcom/ tekken/ mario kart (ds version only) pokemon battle if u want 2... just 2 let u know... in mario kart (not that it matters) me and my boy matt (dama) has beaten some of the top ranked people in mario kart for the ds... and they used to have rankings by state and we were the number 2 & 3... but i guess since everybody in the world now has NINTENDO ds's... it got to be 2 much stress so they stopped ranking people like that... im gonna have 2 check that site out again... but

DR. NEO IS 2 **** GOOD... **** WITH HIM AND GET PWN'D (I GOT YOUR BACK N!GGAH) just call me Mc Lovin

dr.neo

Smash Champion
lol thanks bro. Man I'll play brawl with you but guaranteed you'll whip my ***. I really suck. BAD! By doc is pretty nasty in melee though. I'm not the best but I like to get a little flashy with him. (A lil bob money style) As for the other games. Ive never played them. I'm pretty nasty at GH3, and just other random games. I'm mainly into sports man. I coach and ump and ref and **** so i barely have time to do anything else besides school. I'll try to make it out sometime.

ps. living in hick town mountains is tough anyway.

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
hick town... that sounds better than greensboro... i must come visit sometime... although i dont personally know u... but it would be a kewl road trip... lol... man im bored out of my mind right now... i need something 2do... OH... I KNOW WHAT I CAN DO... i can practice melee... anybody want 2 volunteer... (do anybody remember fantasy star online) why didn't they make smash online man.... that would be awesome...

dr.neo

Smash Champion
I remember that game. It was bad ***. I dont care to chill anytime. Greensboro is about an hour and a half away. I'm going to Alaska this summer so I have to go to Winston mall to get clothes and stuff. If you wanna meet up and smash a little then let me know and I'll make a detour.

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
OH... LET ME CORRECT MYSELF... i ment... why didn't they make Smash MELEE online... since they do have brawl online...

but back 2 the subject... that would be cool 2 meet up... but im going 2 china this summer... not that long tho... for like 2 weeks - a month or the rest of the summer... whenever i decide to come back... i'll be back... but yeah man... it would be mad cool 2 play you before i head out of the states...

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
lol... ykb3 a good name... yawn... what is everybody doing today... anybody in g'vegas (g'boro) wanna smash 2day...

OMG... i think we just had an earthquake... but it might have been thunder... but i dont see any clouds by my house...

lol... ykb3 a good name... yawn... what is everybody doing today... anybody in g'vegas (g'boro) wanna smash 2day...

OMG... i think we just had an earthquake... but it might have been thunder... but i dont see any clouds by my house...

I wish I could play some smash today but i gotta work LOL which sucks

Top Bottom